Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

+50
Dimsie
fred
Roasted Arizona
lynn
AnnaEsse
Alpine Aster
Justiceforallkids
MaryB
quickfingers
tanszi
FSoares
Eve
Patchouli
kitti
littlepixie
Fudge
jassi
fishie
wjk
devonmum
dazedandconfused
tabs
MissGivings
Christine
Lillyofthevalley
Bridgieboo
magicslipper
Susan
the one and only big_l
T4two
maebee
wantthetruth
Colonel Fabien
welshy
Sprite
Carolina
bootsy
Gobsmacked
ann_chovey
Jean-Luc
flubber
Angelina
Claudia79
ali1966
ProfMoriarty
stellarose
zodiac
halfamo
frankie stein
steve1295
54 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Patchouli Fri 9 Oct - 22:23

tabs wrote:firstborn?????????? Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 613255

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 944533 nice one :risas:
Patchouli
Patchouli
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 165
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Guest Fri 9 Oct - 22:53

Media: TVNZ role in toddler case unsettling

Friday Oct 09, 2009

Television New Zealand introduced Sensing Murder medium Deb Webber to the family of Aisling Symes just two days after the little girl had gone missing.

The state broadcaster has defended its role putting a psychic into the case and insists TVNZ has no ongoing relationship with Webber over the case.

Media at a police press conference on Wednesday were surprised when One News journalist Amy Kelley asked:

"This morning One News (and I believe you're aware of this as well) did some filming with Deb Webber," Kelley said.

"She's a medium on the television show Sensing Murder and she gave us some information on what she believed happened to the little girl. How seriously are police likely to take that information," said the One News reporter.

Webber had appeared in a prescheduled interview with Paul Henry on Wednesday.

TVNZ spokeswoman Andi Brotherston said Webber had briefly mentioned the lost girl.

Henry had intervened to prevent her making further comments about the case.

rotherston said Webber had said after her appearance that she had some information for the family.

TVNZ had approached a friend of Aisling's family and subsequently Webber had met up them.

Asked what the public news organisation was doing introducing a TV medium to the family two days after they had lost a child, Brotherston said:

"You know what they are doing? They are being human. They have a family out there that are desperate to find their child.

"We are just being human by ringing a family friend and asking if they want the medium's contact details. After the family friend said they would be interested in talking to her all we did was facilitate the exchange of contact details."

Webber's role has not been used in TVNZ's coverage.

Brotherston, a former police reporter for TV3, said that questions about mediums were common in police inquiries about missing people.

The role of TVNZ inserting itself into the story through one of its psychic stars is unsettling. Perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise when a breakfast news programme for public television has a TV psychic as a guest.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10602134

Posted for the attention of "fm" over at http://www.formadeleine.freeforums.org/index.php
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Fri 9 Oct - 23:03

Oh! Another stuffed toy. Another woman seen near the child but with a dog this time. Don't like the sound of where this is going. Could be wrong...maybe this tragic child has been swept out to sea. Two year olds can move quickly though.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  fishie Fri 9 Oct - 23:06

Schnuffel wrote:Media: TVNZ role in toddler case unsettling

Friday Oct 09, 2009

Television New Zealand introduced Sensing Murder medium Deb Webber to the family of Aisling Symes just two days after the little girl had gone missing.

The state broadcaster has defended its role putting a psychic into the case and insists TVNZ has no ongoing relationship with Webber over the case.

Media at a police press conference on Wednesday were surprised when One News journalist Amy Kelley asked:

"This morning One News (and I believe you're aware of this as well) did some filming with Deb Webber," Kelley said.

"She's a medium on the television show Sensing Murder and she gave us some information on what she believed happened to the little girl. How seriously are police likely to take that information," said the One News reporter.

Webber had appeared in a prescheduled interview with Paul Henry on Wednesday.

TVNZ spokeswoman Andi Brotherston said Webber had briefly mentioned the lost girl.

Henry had intervened to prevent her making further comments about the case.

rotherston said Webber had said after her appearance that she had some information for the family.

TVNZ had approached a friend of Aisling's family and subsequently Webber had met up them.

Asked what the public news organisation was doing introducing a TV medium to the family two days after they had lost a child, Brotherston said:

"You know what they are doing? They are being human. They have a family out there that are desperate to find their child.

"We are just being human by ringing a family friend and asking if they want the medium's contact details. After the family friend said they would be interested in talking to her all we did was facilitate the exchange of contact details."

Webber's role has not been used in TVNZ's coverage.

Brotherston, a former police reporter for TV3, said that questions about mediums were common in police inquiries about missing people.

The role of TVNZ inserting itself into the story through one of its psychic stars is unsettling. Perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise when a breakfast news programme for public television has a TV psychic as a guest.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10602134

Posted for the attention of "fm" over at http://www.formadeleine.freeforums.org/index.php

Bloody parasites!
Both the TV station and the psychic,they latch on to grief like leeches,sucking out the hopes and fears of those desperate to hear news of their missing loved one!

I hope this family have the sense to leave any inquiries to the appropriate authorities.
fishie
fishie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1140
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

http://thepjfiles.prophpbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfMoriarty Fri 9 Oct - 23:13

I do believe it was an 'Asian' woman with a dog. Which is interesting for a number of reasons.

Police believed she had wandered. They found no body. Now they think it could be an 'opportunistic' abduction.

And of course the PdL case and its principals are crawling all over this case, as was entirely predictable.
Let's see how this one pans out and what the response is when it does.
ProfMoriarty
ProfMoriarty
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 75
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfMoriarty Fri 9 Oct - 23:50

Prepare for a reflux of acid McCannia over the weekend.

This child has been missing now for five days. It 'breaks' in Britland on Friday, just in time for the McCanns to creep all over the story. Which they will now proceed to do all fkn weekend.

Every time this story is mentioned now, I promise you, there will be a photo and text linking the disappearance to the McCann 'abduction'.

It's the only reason the NZ story is being covered AT ALL.
ProfMoriarty
ProfMoriarty
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 3 Empty OMG so its not only me thinking and watching these people ,I am so sad that I have changed into something not very nice ,,,a cynical suspicious sad old woman ,seeing the bad in some people I dont even know SO MUCH NOT MY usual self

Post  Guest Sat 10 Oct - 0:10

Lilemor wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:The McCanns charade has left me so cynical of other parents reporting a small child missing. I find myself studying their words, their body language and every subtle nuance of reports. In Aisling's father's appeal I "hear," the McCanns' words. Maybe this is just the most well known case and the McCanns' appeals have provided some kind of template when words don't come, through fear and distress. Then I find myself cynically wondering about the template serving another purpose as the McCanns have been seen to be so successful they are home free.

I found the words, ".....are they changing her nappy," jumped out at me, with echoes of Oprah and the blanket. I don't know what I'd say I'd hope for if one of my children had gone missing. Thinking about my three-year-old grandson, would I manage to think of such things? I doubt it. Would I hope they'd change his nappy (had he been younger, of course!)? No. If I thought about his nappy being changed, I'd be so fearful that he would scream and kick when a stranger tried, that I'd be terrified they'd punish him to shut him up.

Si, here I am, feeling quite cynical. Sure, Aisling's mother is "weeping quietly," but then a little voice says, "She is avoiding looking at the cameras." She is aware enough is her distraught state to follow exactly what her husband is saying and to nod in the right places. Would I be? Probably not, but I remind myself not to judge according to how I would react. They only turmed their back for a couple of minutes? In a couple of minutes, a lively three-year-old could be quite a way away, as I know with our three-year-old.

Yes, I have become very cynical and I hope this little girl is OK.

Hi AnnaEsse!
Unfortunately it is the same with me.
But let us wait.
Maybe time will tell...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sat 10 Oct - 1:37

The child was last seen talking to an sian woman with a dog. The mother says (quote media) she was behind her and she turned off a hot water tap and looked again, and she had gone. This is the media reporting though.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 10 Oct - 13:39

lynn wrote:The child was last seen talking to an sian woman with a dog. The mother says (quote media) she was behind her and she turned off a hot water tap and looked again, and she had gone. This is the media reporting though.

Xenophobic undercurrents to 'the story' here. It had to be an Asian woman because you cannot write about swarthy people in NZ. The main thing is that it wasn't a white caucasian. IMO doesn't bode well. I do so hope I'm wrong and she turns up safe and sound . . .
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfMoriarty Sat 10 Oct - 15:11

No, it doesn't bode well. Neither does the lack of information from cops and family bode well. How we go from wandered and drowned to 'abduction' is a mystery.

Anyway, I don't know enough detail about the case and, quite frankly, I don't want to.

That's the way it is.
ProfMoriarty
ProfMoriarty
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Oct - 15:33

lynn wrote:The child was last seen talking to an sian woman with a dog. The mother says (quote media) she was behind her and she turned off a hot water tap and looked again, and she had gone. This is the media reporting though.

So, if Aisling's mother had only turned away for what amounted to a few seconds, and then run around frantically looking for her daughter, how much time did that allow for an Asian woman to come along and be seen talking to Aisling? Sure, a two-year-old could run a fair distance in a few seconds, but talking to someone implies slowing down, in which time, if the mother was immediately behind, she would have caught up?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfMoriarty Sat 10 Oct - 15:41

For me, the 'Asian woman' bit sent all my alarm bells ringing.

It's why I don't particularly want to root around too much in this case.
ProfMoriarty
ProfMoriarty
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 10 Oct - 19:18

arachnidae wrote:
T4two wrote:

Xenophobic undercurrents to 'the story' here. It had to be an Asian woman because you cannot write about swarthy people in NZ. The main thing is that it wasn't a white caucasian. IMO doesn't bode well. I do so hope I'm wrong and she turns up safe and sound . . .

Hardly xenophobic, if the woman was of asian origin then so she was - has it gotten so bad now that we cannot make reference to someones origin without it being construed as xenophobic - n fact i think you mean racist

No, when i write xenophobic I mean xenophobic.
xenophobia [,z*lnE'fEUbIE] noun
hatred or fear of foreigners or strangers or of their politics or culture

*xeno*phobic adjective

Now tell me why the woman referred to was not simply referred to as ' a woman'.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 10 Oct - 19:48

I don't think this case is an abduction. Let us hope the little girl is found soon and she is safe. We will have to wait and see. But I know what I can't help thinking. Abductions by complete strangers are really very very rare. Why is it we are hearing the word so much these days.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Oct - 20:01

T4two wrote:[Now tell me why the woman referred to was not simply referred to as ' a woman'.

Surely it makes sense to give the best possible description available. If she was seen driving off in a red vauxhall astra, you wouldnt simply say she was seen driving off in a car. Why withold information just on the basis that it might upset someones sensitivities ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sat 10 Oct - 21:04

The person who saw "the Asian woman with the dog" must have had good eyesight and also been able to distinguish between Asian and New Zealand people. Picking again on someone just walking around minding their own business.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  stellarose Sat 10 Oct - 23:08

Why cant we just say what we saw and what we mean without it being offensive or xenophobic? I hope that by mentioning this lady being an Asian with a dog someone might know who she is...I mean...a lady with a dog could be anyone in 100 nearby whereas an Asian lady with a dog narrows the choice down.
stellarose
stellarose

Number of posts : 12
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfMoriarty Sat 10 Oct - 23:14

If someone told me they were mugged by a Black man driving a red Vauxhall Astra, I'd have a very good idea who and what they were referring to and what they looked like - if they also said, the guy was small, with long hair, and wearing brown jeans, a blue jacket and white trainers.

But ... 'Asian'?

And that's it? Nothing else? Other than a fkn dog?

Draw me an Asian woman's face.
ProfMoriarty
ProfMoriarty
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Oct - 23:21

Spot on Prof.

Asia has many races.

Worlwide multicultural societies and all that?

Setting a path of thought one thinks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Oct - 23:28

bert wrote:Spot on Prof.

Asia has many races.

Worlwide multicultural societies and all that?

Setting a path of thought one thinks.

Hallo Bert and let me take this opportunity to welcome you to MM.

Can you tell me please, what is the big deal with someone (a witness) saying the word Asian? If you say 'a white man in blue jeans and a red top' isn't that just as vague?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sat 10 Oct - 23:34

If the child had been taken by this lady this person would have had a child and a dog to control!! The little girl would have cried at being picked up by someone she did not know and the dog would have had to have been a well trained one to follow if not by a lead. All sounds bunkum to me. Then again, the bundleman comes to mind and awful looking men as described with regards to Madeleine. Asians can be white. Look at the oriental people. I wouldn't really know if a person was Asian. They could be from any country.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Oct - 23:38

ProfMoriarty wrote:If someone told me they were mugged by a Black man driving a red Vauxhall Astra, I'd have a very good idea who and what they were referring to and what they looked like - if they also said, the guy was small, with long hair, and wearing brown jeans, a blue jacket and white trainers.

But ... 'Asian'?

And that's it? Nothing else? Other than a fkn dog?

Draw me an Asian woman's face.

There were by all accounts two witnesses to this sighting, both were children. The first was Aisling's six year old sister, the second was another child who saw the women of Asian appearance following Aisling down the road. I think given the circumstances, them being children, that they might be forgiven for not retaining or offering a more decriptive record of what they saw.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfMoriarty Sat 10 Oct - 23:38

Look, we all know this. 'Asian' is not a description. It's an insult.

Malay? Tibetan? Pakistani? Chinese? Maori? ... and on and on. If it was a woman wearing a sari, I'd have wanted THAT publicised, rather than some assumption about her vague racial origin, which covers half the planet, ie 'not white folks'.

Anyway, this row is really about the fact this 'Asian woman' echoes too closely the 'north African', 'swarthy' stuff which surrounds the McCann case. And the two shouldn't be confused. Just like the Dingo case.

Not yet anyway. I for one don't know enough about the NZ case.

I've said somewhere on here today that the McCann case had poisoned my own responses to child crime cases and that's one (tiny) thing I blame them for and will for all time, regardless.
ProfMoriarty
ProfMoriarty
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Oct - 23:43

ProfMoriarty wrote:Look, we all know this. 'Asian' is not a description. It's an insult.

Malay? Tibetan? Pakistani? Chinese? Maori? ... and on and on. If it was a woman wearing a sari, I'd have wanted THAT publicised, rather than some assumption about her vague racial origin, which covers half the planet, ie 'not white folks'.

Anyway, this row is really about the fact this 'Asian woman' echoes too closely the 'north African', 'swarthy' stuff which surrounds the McCann case. And the two shouldn't be confused. Just like the Dingo case.

Not yet anyway. I for one don't know enough about the NZ case.

I've said somewhere on here today that the McCann case had poisoned my own responses to child crime cases and that's one (tiny) thing I blame them for and will for all time, regardless.

Quote: Look, we all know this. 'Asian' is not a description. It's an insult

Prof, I think that is a really really, odd thing to say! How is calling someone 'asian' an insult???? I swear to you - I don't get it??!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Oct - 23:44

lynn wrote:If the child had been taken by this lady this person would have had a child and a dog to control!! The little girl would have cried at being picked up by someone she did not know and the dog would have had to have been a well trained one to follow if not by a lead. All sounds bunkum to me. Then again, the bundleman comes to mind and awful looking men as described with regards to Madeleine. Asians can be white. Look at the oriental people. I wouldn't really know if a person was Asian. They could be from any country.

Thats ridiculous, we have no idea how the child would react to a stranger picking her up, every child is different. The dog may have been well trained - it is possible after all just look at Eddie and Keela!!!

The woman was of Asian appearance, typically asians have straight black or dark brown hair and anything from slightly tanned to very tanned skin - Oriental people are not white - i take it your post is a wind up??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next