Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel

+30
mumbles
wjk
Sterling10
pennylane
jejune
LJC
fedrules
halfamo
jeanie
Annabel
AnnaEsse
steve1295
cass
Panda
POPPY1
tanszi
Ollybelle
Wallflower
keepingmum
Eve
Justiceforallkids
princess_leia
Smudge
xtina
contrary
geowoo
lynn
hobnob
Claudia79
frencheuropean
34 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Empty Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 17:22

Two British toddlers have been found dead in a hotel room at a Spanish seaside resort.

The children, believed to be aged one and three, were found at a popular seafront hotel in the Costa Brava village of Lloret de Mar.

The mother of the youngsters, a boy and a girl, is being questioned by local police.

There were conflicting reports as to the cause of the children's deaths. One Spanish report said there were no visible signs of physical violence.

Martin Brunt, Sky's crime correspondent, said it appeared the mum had telephoned police to alert them to the emergency.The children, believed to be aged one and three, were found at a popular seafront hotel in the Costa Brava village of Lloret de Mar.

The mother of the youngsters, a boy and a girl, is being questioned by local police.

There were conflicting reports as to the cause of the children's deaths. One Spanish report said there were no visible signs of physical violence.

Martin Brunt, Sky's crime correspondent, said it appeared the mum had telephoned police to alert them to the emergency.

Officers rushed to the 4 star Hotel Miramar at about 2pm and attempted to revive the children without success.

Officers are investigating the scene. The cause of death is unknown.

Brunt said police were talking to the mother, though it was unclear whether she was a suspect.

"The children were found in the hotel room and efforts were made to revive them but the children could not be saved," Brunt said.

Bill Bond, a British jounalist, based in Spain, added: "According to local newspaper reports the mother had telephoned the police and the ambulance.

"The mother was booked on a holiday and had arrived at the hotel with the children."

Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular resorts on Spain's Costa Brava catering for thousands of British tourists every year.

The four-star Hotel Miramar is located on the sea front in the former fishing village, near a large number of bars and restaurants.

The family-friendly beach hotel, which has 54 rooms, is 46 from Barcelona near the Cap de Creus Natural Park and a water park.

On travel websites it is said to offer "all comforts and a high quality service to anyone looking for a beach holiday in Costa Brava".

The British Embassy in Madrid said an investigation had been launched into the deaths.

A spokesman said: "We are in contact with the Spanish police but because the children are minors we cannot say much.

"We believe the mother has been arrested. There is an ongoing investigation."

A Girona Police spokesman said: "At around 3.53pm, the mossos de la comissaria de Blanes (local police) received a note from the local police of Lloret de Mar that the bodies of two minors had been found at a hotel.

"When the officers arrived at the scene they found two children inside a room at a hotel.

"Girona Police are investigating the death of the two children.

"The police have detained the mother of the minors to find out what happened."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Spain-Hotels-Deaths-Two-British-Children-Found-Dead-In-Room-In-Lloret-de-Mar/Article/201005315634348?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15634348_Spain_Hotels_Deaths%3A_Two_British_Children_Found_Dead_In_Room_In_Lloret_de_Mar

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2977861/Two-Brit-kids-dead-in-Spain.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8690306.stm

Last edited by Schnuffel on Tue 18 May - 17:27; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Empty Re: Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel

Post  fred Tue 18 May - 17:26

Very, very sad. My condolences to the family. But....
The police have detained the mother of the minors to find out what happened."
Why weren't the deadly McCann duo detained? Hmm? Wonder if the British Ambassador to Spain, interuppeted his meal to get a private jet to Lloret de Mar to help the family, like John Buck did to help the Mccanns?

I suspect the answer is a strong NO!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Empty Re: Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 17:29

fred wrote:Very, very sad. My condolences to the family. But....
Why weren't the deadly McCann duo detained? Hmm? Wonder if the British Ambassador to Spain, interuppeted his meal to get a private jet to Lloret de Mar to help the family, like John Buck did to help the Mccanns?

From the Associated Foreign Press

"The mother, a British national, was arrested on suspicion of being responsible for the murder of the two children.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hvhdD0t4elRRRvWtqpmIp8f4PsHA
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Tue 18 May - 17:36

VERY APPROPRIATE questions Fred, also no G. Brown in the background to give a helping hand.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :
Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 18 May - 17:48

Just been reading about this on the BBC news website. How sad for all concerned. I hope it's not another case of children being killed by carbon monoxide poisoning. No doubt a lot more will have come out by tomorrow. While there's a lack of information people are bound to speculate. I agree with those who doubt the family will get the same type of establishment help that the McCanns have had. No other parents of missing or dead children anywhere in the world can have had that sort of support Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel 36898.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 18 May - 18:19

Seemingly the mother has confessed to killing them.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_26116.shtml

The woman and her two children had arrived at a hotel in the town last night

Two British Children have been found dead at a hotel in Lloret de Mar, Girona, and their mother has been arrested by the Catalan Police, Los Mossos d’Esquadra, after confessing to killing them.

It was the mother, reported to be in her 30’s who called the police and the emergency services, by going down to the hotel reception, but on their arrival they found the children, a boy aged one and a girl aged five, already dead in a hotel room.

It’s understood that the woman and the two children were on holiday in the four star Hotel Miramar on the Paseo Marítimo in Lloret de Mar. They had arrived their by car on Monday night. Local police received the alert at 3.53pm on Tuesday afternoon.

The duty judge from Blanes has taken charge of the case. EFE news agency reports that the children’s bodies showed no signs of violence, and autopsies are being carried out to establish cause of death.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 May - 18:59

What a sad ,sad case, two such young lives extinguished. I"m a bit surprised that the Mother took two such young children abroad, with all the travelling etc. Since there were no visible signs of the cause of death it
could be monoxide poisoning as happened in Spain last year, or over sedation , or a disturbed Mother who suffocated them......who knows? It is very tragic though.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 18 May - 19:19

oh god 2 more dead babies r-i -p only thing that i have seen on the news is that the mother was helping the police etc
yes the mcanns were believed from the very start grrrrr , i hope that the mcanns do not jump on this story for their own ends
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 19:21

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel Suspect-spain_1639442c
Spanish police take away a woman from a hotel in Lloret de Mar after two young children were found dead in a room / AFP Source: AFP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 20:03

BBC have video of woman being bungled into cop car

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8690821.stm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 20:19

Why would anybody take two little babies all the way to Spain just to kill them?

Or did they see that the McCanns "got away with it" in Portugal, and so thought that they could pull the same stunt?

It's horrible to write it out like this, but it's what some of us are thinking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Tue 18 May - 20:24

How sad.
Those poor little kids.
Don't think carbon monoxide can be to blame as hotel rooms don't have gas boilers - unless of course it was an Aparthotel.
Whatever the reason, it's heartbeaking.

ETA: I used to live in this part of Spain and before that holidayed there regularly. I used to drive myself and my 2 kids over but never on my own..... granny usually came with us.
I can't believe she drove that distance on her own with such young children.
Something doesn't add up..... Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel 303636

Last edited by mumbles on Tue 18 May - 20:30; edited 1 time in total
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 18 May - 20:28

The Famous Grouse wrote:Why would anybody take two little babies all the way to Spain just to kill them?

Or did they see that the McCanns "got away with it" in Portugal, and so thought that they could pull the same stunt?

It's horrible to write it out like this, but it's what some of us are thinking.
i think a lot of people arond the world will be thinking the same
poor children
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 18 May - 20:37

'
It is slightly different as these children have almost certainly been killed by their mother. At the time the British ambassador intervened everyone believed Maddie had been snatched from her bed.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 20:39

fedrules wrote:

'
It is slightly different as these children have almost certainly been killed by their mother. At the time the British ambassador intervened everyone believed Maddie had been snatched from her bed.

Almost. At the time, everyone was told that Maddie had been snatched from her bed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 18 May - 20:43

Well I was amongst those who believed what we were told at first.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 20:47

fedrules wrote:Well I was amongst those who believed what we were told at first.

Me too, Fed. But I think we are all a lot older and wiser than then.

Didn't the MW staff at first believe that she had just woken and wandered off somewhere?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 18 May - 20:48

fedrules wrote:Well I was amongst those who believed what we were told at first.
Me too Fed, but not for long.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 May - 20:53

The Famous Grouse wrote:
fedrules wrote:

'

Almost. At the time, everyone was told that Maddie had been snatched from her bed.

Not everyone was convinced though. I remember reading about Ernie Allen of the NCMEC being a bit niffed at the PJ for not ruling out the McCanns in the early days of the investigation as per US investigations (see quote below) BEFORE "pre-suspect" Gerry hotfooted it onto a plane to Washington to rub shoulders with him. Ernie Allen is not gullible but Gerry was on a plane to see him quicker than a rat up a drainpipe just as the proverbial was about to hit the fan in Portugal. There is something I have noticed with Gerry, in particular, and that is his eagerness to "get in their first" or "strike whilst the iron's hot" so to speak which is most peculiar for someone who is supposed to have an absolute crystal clear conscience regarding the disappearance of his daughter imo.

END VIDEOTAPE) (BEGIN VIDEOTAPE) MARY SNOW, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Four months after his daughter Madeleine`s disappearance, it is Gerry McCann, the girl`s father, who points out his wife had only been interviewed by police once before. It`s not that he is questioning his wife. He strongly denies Kate had anything to do with their daughter`s disappearance. At issue is why Portuguese police didn`t interview Kate McCann more thoroughly earlier on. And U.S. experts agree, saying that would have been standard procedure.

ERNIE ALLEN, PRES., NATIONAL CTR FOR MISSING AND EXPLOITED CHILDREN: It is surprising. And certainly, in this country, one of the first things that law enforcement would do is question the parents, question those who are around the children.

Last edited by Schnuffel on Tue 18 May - 21:15; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 18 May - 21:13

My belief in their story lasted until my local paper published an article saying that the PJ believed Maddie had died in the flat. It was in the August of 2007. I hadn't really followed the case because I was put off by the voyeuristic approach of the media and because I thought that Maddie had died within hours of being 'taken'. However, I immediately accepted the parents's guilt as quite feasible and the more I read on various forums, the less I believed the McCanns. At first I doubted the truth of posts which talked about sniffer dogs and was quite worried about being too open about my suspicions of the McCanns. Now though, having read the Truth of the Lie, seen the sniffer dog video, listened to Kate on Woman's Hour and observed the blatant distortions of the truth by the McCanns in the media, I am almost certain that they are getting away with manslaughter.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 18 May - 21:31

Acording to "Le Monde", the local police suspect the mother to have killed the 2 children

"La mère, de nationalité britannique, a été arrêtée, elle est soupçonnée d'être l'auteur du meurtre des deux enfants", a indiqué à l'AFP un porte-parole de la police régionale"
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 18 May - 21:36

confirmed by spanish sources:

"Typically Spanish - Spain News : Cataluña
Spain News

British mother arrested in Lloret de Mar, as two children found dead
larger | smaller
By h.b. - May 18, 2010 - 8:47 PM

The mother at the moment of her arrest - EFE
The woman and her two children had arrived at a hotel in the town last night

Two British Children have been found dead at a hotel in Lloret de Mar, Girona, and their mother has been arrested by the Catalan Police, Los Mossos d’Esquadra, after confessing to killing them.

It was the mother, reported to be in her 30’s who called the police and the emergency services, by going down to the hotel reception, but on their arrival they found the children, a boy aged one and a girl aged five, already dead in a hotel room. It’s reported that the children had been suffocated, and that the mother confessed to the crime when the police arrived at the hotel. EFE news agency reports that the children’s bodies showed no signs of violence, and

Hotel Miramar. Lloret de Mar - Brochure Photo
autopsies are being carried out to establish cause of death.

It’s understood that the woman and the two children were on holiday in the four star Hotel Miramar on the Paseo Marítimo in the town. They had arrived their by car on Monday night. Local police received the alert at 3.53pm on Tuesday afternoon.

The duty judge from Blanes has taken charge of the case and placed reporting restrictions on the case. It’s understood that the judge from Court Three has this evening reconstructed what happened in the hotel room with the mother and the police.

Click here for related stories

Read more: http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_26116.shtml#ixzz0oJbnHWo1
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 18 May - 21:38

This woman must be suffering some kind of mental breakdown/ illness. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the same was true of Kate..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 18 May - 21:44

According to bbc the foreign office is providing consular assistance to this woman so, it's not just the McCanns who get help.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 18 May - 22:02

fedrules wrote:According to bbc the foreign office is providing consular assistance to this woman so, it's not just the McCanns who get help.

But it's absolutely natural for people who are abroad to have consular assistance. However, consular assistance is not the same as interference in a Police investigation. This woman clearly needs consular assistance (to get a lawyer, for example). That, however, is different from the ambassador calling the Head of the Police force and telling him he is about to investigate an abduction (just a mere example, of course...).
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next