Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel

+30
mumbles
wjk
Sterling10
pennylane
jejune
LJC
fedrules
halfamo
jeanie
Annabel
AnnaEsse
steve1295
cass
Panda
POPPY1
tanszi
Ollybelle
Wallflower
keepingmum
Eve
Justiceforallkids
princess_leia
Smudge
xtina
contrary
geowoo
lynn
hobnob
Claudia79
frencheuropean
34 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel

Post  fedrules Tue 18 May - 22:21

According to the Telegraph website this woman has confessed.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel

Post  Dimsie Tue 18 May - 22:34

fedrules wrote:According to bbc the foreign office is providing consular assistance to this woman so, it's not just the McCanns who get help.
I'd expect some consular assistance as I think that's the usual procedure, but I don't think for a minute this woman will get anything near the amount of assistance given to the McCanns. Or the amount of interference in police procedure, either; I imagine if the police want to examine any clothing they'll be allowed to have it, not like in the Madeleine case where the ambassador said No. I still can't understand why the PJ didn't just ignore him, TBH, and take the clothes anyway.

The killing of these two children is a horrible thing to have happened, whatever the reasons behind it. Unfortunately it sounds as though it may turn out to be further evidence that children are in more danger from those they know, even their own parents, than they are from strangers.

About believing Madeleine was abducted when the story first broke: I believed it but mostly because the papers were saying - quoting friends and relatives who'd been talking to Kate and Gerry - that there'd been a break-in, that the abductor had jemmied the shutters and entered the bedroom through the window. After all, if there had been a break-in and a child was missing, abduction would be the obvious thing to think. But when it became plain there were no jemmied shutters and no break-in I couldn't help but wonder what was going on - why would anyone be so anxious to give the impression of an intruder coming through the window if in fact no one had? Why was the idea of an intruder, of a stranger entering the bedroom, being so relentlessly pushed that some people were prepared to tell lies about it?
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :
Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 18 May - 22:40

Of course that at first I believed Madeleine had been abducted. Why wouldn't why? I only suspected otherwise when I started to have reasons to doubt.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Tue 18 May - 23:32

The McCanns were let go because someone intervened! Wonder who they were now.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Wed 19 May - 0:09

The moment i heard Madeleine had disappeared from her room i was immediately suspicious ( because i am very cynical) as it is just so rare and when it became clear the next day that kate and gerry had left them alone in an apartment i just knew that they were involved. having watched the coverage the first day all their body language was ringing all my alarm bells , they just weren't reacting right, I knew then that madeleine was dead and they were involved. Over the following days i saw nothing to indicate anything but guilt, the doubtful timelines the evasiveness the non searching, then the hair and the jogging, then i saw the pics on what would have been her 4th birthday and that confirmed it.
Kate bloomed, she was not a mom who had a missing child, abducted by a paedophile, she was a mom who had had the weight of the world lifted from her shoulders. She knew then she had pretty much got away with it, all she had to do was keep her mouth shut and act the role of a desperate mom( she failed miserably)
Madeleine, who had made kates life an unremitting misery was gone, no more would kate have to deal with a 'selfish brat' who demanded attention all the time, was probably hyperactive and was imperfect, she had now what she saw as the perfect family a good job a professional hubby and a boy and girl set of twins.
Madeleine was always doomed to be the odd one out. it was not a case of if harm befell her but when and how.
We now know the when, we know the where, we pretty much know the why, we are fairly sure on how but not on the who.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Wed 19 May - 0:33

Kate was her full quid though and refused to answer some questions. Maybe this case will re-open Madeleine's case. Hope so.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  geowoo Wed 19 May - 2:12

My doubts were triggered almost immediately...when Gerry and Kate made a public statement in front of the media. There was Gerry with a torch and a SCRIPT.....and Kate being held as if she would fall. She wouldn't fall..of course. The woman has the backbone of a...can't think of an analogy!

Sleep is good when you can't think anymore.
Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 680495
geowoo
geowoo
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 178
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 May - 6:57

The Sun - Mum 'suffocated kids on holiday'

by GARY O’SHEA

Antonella Lazzeri was given the day off to seek counselling

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2978875/Brit-mum-suffocated-kids-on-Spain-holiday.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 May - 8:02

Reports in Spain last night claimed the mother had confessed to killing the children.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2978875/Brit-mum-suffocated-kids-on-Spain-holiday.html#ixzz0oM9aJH13

Will we be subjected to the Spanish police "torturing confessions" out of this "poor, poor mother", and that they are all a bunch of sardine-munching boozed-up, Keystone cops who couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 19 May - 8:37

BBC reporter said a hotel member of staff told him that the mother 'just had a blank stare' when she alerted them. I'll bet Sky news sidestep that bit of info! Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 912418
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 May - 8:57

# Woman allegedly left note explaining why she did it
# When asked why she needed ambulance, she reportedly said: 'You will see'
# Bodies found carefully covered with blanket
# Children's father believed to have flown from Britain to Girona

After being questioned by police, the woman returned to the hotel room to help carry out a reconstruction for investigators.

She was taken away from the Hotel Miramar shortly after 6.30pm. She was reportedly heckled by a crowd of several dozen (deja vu Kate) in front of the hotel as she was led away by police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1279404/British-mother-accused-suffocating-children-Costa-Brava-hotel-room.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 19 May - 9:05

This is a terrible tragedy. A french holiday maker was quoted as saying that the little girl, who was 5, was playing outside alone on the balcony on the previous day. They thought she was very young to be left playing in such a potentially dangerous place. They were correct of course, but it's funny how the McCanns still try to convince us that leaving three babies alone virtually every night of their holiday was not risky...
I feel really sorry for the families of these two children and also sad for their mother who must have been in a very dark place to commit such an awful crime.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 May - 9:07

And at least she owned up to it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Wed 19 May - 9:13

oh this is terrible.....so sorry for the children's families.....and the poor children...i hope they did not suffer...

haven't read back properly....but has anyone wondered if the children was sedated......

i know suffocation is mentioned in the media...but on looking at news this has not yet been verified
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 19 May - 9:13

lynn wrote:Kate was her full quid though and refused to answer some questions. Maybe this case will re-open Madeleine's case. Hope so.
'
I'm sure many will think about Maddie and the McCanns when they read this story. However, sadly I can't imagine how it could lead to the reopening of the McCann case.
I suppose this mother who chose to take her children's lives, had nothing to lose by confessing as she'd already lost everything.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 May - 9:21

Former Scotland Yard detective Mike Hames told Sky News there is a "good relationship" between British and Spanish police.

Lets hope & pray for the sake of justice for these poor children that the "good relationship" between British and Spanish police is not soured as it was, unfortunately, with the Portuguese police.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 19 May - 9:32

This is a completely different situation as we have the children's bodies and the mother has allegedly confessed. I'm sure it'll have no effect on Anglo-Spanish relationships. The press were disgraceful in their treatment of GA and the PJ, but they can hardly do the same here.

I must say British tourists are distinguishing themselves at the moment. A young British man has been arrested in Crete after beating his poor girlfriend to death after a row. I'm always really embarrassed when I read about the terrible behaviour of some British tourists abroad. I'm sure many in Spain, Greece and elsewhere must despise them, although the tourist industry needs their cash..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Two British Toddlers Dead In Spanish Hotel - Page 2 Empty Dad Of Dead Children Is Most Wanted Criminal

Post  princess_leia Wed 19 May - 10:17

It's been reported that the childrens father has been found dead too. He got news of his childrens deaths and killed himself it seems. Nothing in the report though. Martin Brunt was talking about it on the phone on Sky News about 10 minutes ago.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Mother-Held-Over-Spain-Hotel-Deaths-Spanish-Reports-Claim-British-Man-Being-Sought-By-Police/Article/201005315634625?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15634625_Mother_Held_Over_Spain_Hotel_Deaths%3A_Spanish_Reports_Claim_British_Man_Being_Sought_By_Police

Sky News has learned that the father of the two children found dead in a Spanish hotel room is one of Britain's most wanted criminals.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 19 May - 10:23

Skynews
Martin Smith was arrested last week in Barcelona and extradited yesterday.

Smith, 45, from North Shields, was seized in Barcelona on Friday, more than two years after he failed to answer bail in the UK.

He was extradited yesterday and Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said he is due in court in Cumbria today charged with 13 sex offences, including rape and child sex abuse.

Once again paedophilia raises it's ugly head!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 19 May - 10:25

princess_leia wrote:It's been reported that the childrens father has been found dead too. He got news of his childrens deaths and killed himself it seems. Nothing in the report though. Martin Brunt was talking about it on the phone on Sky News about 10 minutes ago.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Mother-Held-Over-Spain-Hotel-Deaths-Spanish-Reports-Claim-British-Man-Being-Sought-By-Police/Article/201005315634625?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15634625_Mother_Held_Over_Spain_Hotel_Deaths%3A_Spanish_Reports_Claim_British_Man_Being_Sought_By_Police

Sky News has learned that the father of the two children found dead in a Spanish hotel room is one of Britain's most wanted criminals.

OMG, THE PLOT THICKENS! THE 'P' WORD RIGHT AT THE HEART OF IT!

Last edited by pennylane on Wed 19 May - 10:26; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Wed 19 May - 10:25

As per Sky News - Spanish Police have confirmed that the mother has confessed to suffocating the children.

How sad and what a strange case it seems.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Wed 19 May - 10:25

can you believe this.........it does not say though that he is dead a few moments ago....but the mother has confessed to smothering them

The bodies of the five-year-old girl and one-year-old boy were discovered in room 101 at the Hotel Miramar in the resort of Lloret de Mar on the Costa Brava on Tuesday.

Martin Smith was arrested last week in Barcelona and extradited yesterday.

Smith, 45, from North Shields, was seized in Barcelona on Friday, more than two years after he failed to answer bail in the UK.

He was extradited yesterday and Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said he is due in court in Cumbria today charged with 13 sex offences, including rape and child sex abuse.

Brunt said: "He was given the news last night by Cumbria police that his two children had died and police officers described him as being distraught".
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sterling10 Wed 19 May - 10:27

Sorry for the language, but what a fkn mess. The father is accused of the most awful crimes against children. I think this is a whole different can of worms than first reported.
Sterling10
Sterling10

Number of posts : 40
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Wed 19 May - 10:29

So dad was extradited from Spain yesterday.

Mum kills both children yesterday - before or after extradition?

Another man is being hunted?

Dad is told about his childrens death.

Dad kills himself. Got that wrong, sorry!

At some point mum confesses to suffocating the children.

Bizarre!

Last edited by princess_leia on Wed 19 May - 10:46; edited 1 time in total
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Wed 19 May - 10:32

princess_leia wrote:So dad was extradited from Spain yesterday.

Mum kills both children yesterday - before or after extradition?

Another man is being hunted?

Dad is told about his childrens death.

Dad kills himself.

At some point mum confesses to suffocating the children.

Bizarre!

has he killed himself or what it said on sky he was appearing in court in England.....
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next