Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder of Meredith Kercher

+29
wantthetruth
AnnaEsse
James
halfamo
Annabel
Lioned
FSoares
Angelique
margaret
malena stool
fred
mara thon
Wintabells
louiseh
lynn
fedrules
LindaDA
Karen
Wallflower
MJH1901
Keela
hobnob
kitti007
Angelina
Susan
ProfMoriarty
Pabby
Krisy22
pm
33 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Empty Re: Murder of Meredith Kercher

Post  Panda Tue 4 Oct - 19:45

On the Channel 4 Nwews just now there were shots of the Public reaction to the verdict outside the Courthouse, a lot of anger among the Locals. It
was announced the Italian Police are to appeal.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 4 Oct - 19:52

I'm angry.....shes got 500,000 compo too!!!!!!!!!!

What about the case against her for lieing about the police?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Tue 4 Oct - 23:34

kitti wrote:If the appeal is granted they can ask Knox to go back to Italy, they can't force her to go back as there is no extradition law between USA and Italy so therefore if she refuses.....then their is absolutely NOTHING more that can be done....it stays in limbo.

Not exactly! I do not know Italin law but if an appeal is accepted, she can be tried even is she's not present. If she's found guilty on the next appeal, what happens is that she can't never put her steps in Italy. If she does, she goes to jail. Of course under this scenario, she will never be back but, living in her native country knowing she was found guilty somewhere else is never nice. Her strategy will be "the Italians are stupid and they do not know how to investigate, etc, etc", to make everyone believe about her innocence and a miscarriage of justice. That will make the trick.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 4 Oct - 23:44

It is truly sad that after all the other evidence just one small spot of blood should be the issue of guilt or innocence.

If it is Appealed by the Italian Police and Knox is absent - can anything she says as of now be used - I am thinking she may let slip something that would be incriminating.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Tue 4 Oct - 23:52

Angelique wrote:It is truly sad that after all the other evidence just one small spot of blood should be the issue of guilt or innocence.

If it is Appealed by the Italian Police and Knox is absent - can anything she says as of now be used - I am thinking she may let slip something that would be incriminating.

It's enough to apply the principle called "in dubio pro reo". It's a Latin sentence meaning in case of doubt, it's better to say innocent than putting someone in Jail. That is my reading!

As for the rest, what she says to the Press can never be used in a Trial. What counts are official statements and here we have two possibilities:

1) to have another trial, the others have to be considered null;

2) on a normal appeal only the facts of Law will be considered and NOT what was already considered proved or not proved.

But if someone knows a bit about the Italian legal system, probably this can be clarified.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 5 Oct - 9:00

The Jury could have returned a verdict of Manslaughter and with 5 Women Jurors I"m surprised they didn"t . didn"t Knox get fined E22,000 Euros for
lying ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 5 Oct - 12:13

She was ordered to pay the barman 44,000 euro, the exact same amount SHE won off a person for writing a book about her in which their were extracts from her diary...(ring any bells)

She also got 3 years for that.

The libel case against the police vs knox goes ahead january 2012 along with the libel case against her mother....once again i am wondering WHY these two cases were put back AFTER the murder case when the prelim was months ago.

My guess is.....it would put knox in a bad light and give her negative publicity when going into the murder case
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 5 Oct - 20:30

was reading the comments in the sky news report and this sums up the general concensus:

He did what a judge should do; ignore the political pressure and focus on the evidence " ....

Perhaps he forgot about Knox buying all that bleach, the lies she told,
the cartwheels at the police station, and even her own friend once
allegedly said she was guilty.
No .... they were sick of the public and political backlash from the
case, and used the poor DNA circumstances to over-throw the decision,
and get rid of her, out of Italy.
I still say, no smoke without fire ....
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 5 Oct - 20:48

This makes me even MORE funking angry
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 5 Oct - 21:23

kitti wrote:This makes me even MORE funking angry

apparently the Prosecution are going to appeal but this will take time and someone posted that if they are innocent so is Guede, there"s a rather long
report on sky News reporting what the Judge said , check it out kitti, it"s worth a read. I"d copy and paste it but it"s a bit too long for me. Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 6 Oct - 7:04

He isn't innocent he was their he admitted it plus it was HIS bloody handprints on the pillow.

Did you read Jane Moores column in the sun.....she is comparing the way Knox was treated to the way Kate Mcccann was treated and saying the Italian prosecutors put knox's gender on trial by saying...'only a women would cover a persons face up with a duvet'.

Criminal psychologists have stated that when their is a murder and this murdered persons face is covered they say it is because the murdered person is KNOWN to the murderer.

The fact that Knox was a women has absolutely nothing to do with it but Moore is saying Knox was put on trial because off that.

Pathetic women.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 6 Oct - 7:05

How have stories come out about Knox already I.e. About the way she was treated in prison etc.....who did they get this story from?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 6 Oct - 8:42

I don"t think a Prosecution appeal will do any good. There is no extradition Treaty between Italy and the U.S.A. and to be honest what grounds would they
have, there would be no new evidence and that would be the only reason as I see it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 6 Oct - 10:02

Well if the prosecutors Win their appeal and it states that the previous evidence was not handled properly, they could ask for a re-trial but as you said.....Knox won't EVER stand trial in Italy again and what about the defamation Trial against her and her mother which the Italian police WON'T drop and who can blame them

I'm glad the Italian police ARE GOING TO SUE
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 6 Oct - 10:14

kitti wrote:Well if the prosecutors Win their appeal and it states that the previous evidence was not handled properly, they could ask for a re-trial but as you said.....Knox won't EVER stand trial in Italy again and what about the defamation Trial against her and her mother which the Italian police WON'T drop and who can blame them

I'm glad the Italian police ARE GOING TO SUE

I feel so sorry for Meredith"s Parents in all this.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 6 Oct - 11:34

The mum was as dignified as ever, I don't think I could be like that.

The dad was incensed....that was his baby.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 6 Oct - 11:48

AP
Amanda Knox at a news conference in Seattle after returning home from Italy (AP)
The Italian appeals court judge who was part of the jury which acquitted Amanda Knox has said the American and her ex-boyfriend might know the "real truth" about who killed British student Meredith Kercher, and could even be responsible.

In his first public comments since Ms Knox and her Italian co-defendant Raffaele Sollecito were acquitted on Monday night, Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellmann stressed on state TV that the acquittals "resulted from the truth that was created in the trial".

"But the real truth could be different," Judge Pratillo Hellmann added. "They could also be responsible but the proof isn't there.

"So, maybe they know, too, but as far as we (the jury) go, they didn't," he added.

Ms Knox and Mr Sollecito have vehemently denied wrongdoing in the murder of Misss Kercher in Italy in 2007.

Ms Knox flew home to Seattle on Tuesday, her first full day out of jail since she was arrested a few days after the murder.

Asked who knew the truth about the killing, Judge Pratillo Hellmann referred to a third defendant, Rudy Guede, who was convicted of Miss Kercher's murder in a separate trial and is serving a 16-year sentence in Italy.

"Certainly Rudy Guede" knows. "I won't say he's the only one to know," the judge added.

Referring to Ms Knox and Mr Sollecito, who were both originally convicted of sexual assault and murder in a lower court trial, the judge said that "maybe the two defendants also know" what really happened in the murder, but "our verdict of acquittal is the result of the truth that was created in the trial".

Guede, of the Ivory Coast, has denied wrongdoing but has acknowledged being in the house when Miss Kercher was killed.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 6 Oct - 11:53

So there you have it... THE AQUITAL CAME FROM THE EVIDENCE THEY HEARD THAT DAY'

He believes Knox knows and was their...

'The truth that was CREATED in the trial'

He is insinuating that the truth was not HEARD in the appeal.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Empty MAKE YOUR BLOOMIN' MINDS UP, GUYS!!!

Post  Guest Thu 6 Oct - 12:10

Looks like Mr Gerry isn't the only one to have "created information".

Amanda Knox judge says she may have 'been responsible' after all

Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellmann tells newspaper the acquittal was based on 'truth created in the proceedings'

reddit this

John Hooper in Rome
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 6 October 2011 11.14 BST
Article history

Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, left, reads the verdict at the appeal trial of Amanda Knox, in Perugia. Photograph: Alessandro Bianchi/Reuters

The judge who presided at the trial of Amanda Knox and her former Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, has reportedly said they may be guilty after all.

Speaking just two days after he and his fellow judges handed down a full acquittal on appeal, Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, said the court's verdict "is the result of the truth that was created in the proceedings. But the real truth may be different. They may be responsible, but the evidence is not there."

The 69 year-old judge was speaking to the Corriere della Sera newspaper in the latest of several interviews he has given to media organisations since reading out the verdict on Monday night. On Wednesday, he had already begun to muddy the waters, telling another interviewer: "This will remain an unsolved truth. No one can say how things went."

Hellmann's remarks were all the more unexpected because he and the other judges could have reached a less clear-cut acquittal. Italian courts have ruling options in which the appellants are acquitted for lack of evidence – a verdict similar to "not proven" in Scottish law.

Monday night's decision was the climax of a dramatic and at times searingly acrimonious appeal that attracted global attention. It was reached by Judge Hellmann and a second professional judge sitting alongside six lay judges drawn by ballot from among the public.

The acquittal of Knox and Sollecito meant that the only person left in jail for the 2007 murder of the British student Meredith Kercher is Rudy Guede, an Ivory Coast-born drugs peddler. He admitted he was in the house on the night she died, but denied he killed her. Guede is serving a 16-year sentence after opting for a fast-track trial.

Hellmann said: "I cannot affirm that Rudy Guede is the only one who knows what happened that night." But he added: "He certainly knows and hasn't said. Perhaps the two [other] accused, Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, also know."

Commenting on protests outside the court in Perugia after the verdict was announced, the judge observed that many Italians had already decided on Knox's guilt. "I think it stems from [her] American nationality," he said.

Hellmann added that he was sorry to see the prosecutors had taken the outcome as a defeat. "If I had been in their place, with the elements they had, I would have done the same," he said.

The prosecutor who led the investigation, Giuliano Mignini, has indicated that he wants to contest the court's decision in Italy's highest appeals tribunal. But the court, in Rome, normally deals only with points of law and procedure.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/06/amanda-knox-judge-responsible?CMP=twt_gu

this just makes me SOOOOOOO ANGRY, if the Judge REALLY believes this then a) why did he let them both go, or b) why doesn't he keep his bloody mouth shut, what a slap in the face for poor Meredith's family.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 6 Oct - 14:23

Yes it's hard to believe that they all thought she was guilty but they let a murderer walk amongst us.

The judge actually said on that day...due to the evidence being unreliable, they have no choice but to acquit .

That's hardly 'cleared' off ALL charges.

I found it ridiculous that the prosecutor was told to sit down as this appeal was about the DNA on the knife and not about rest off the evidence.

They found the weakest point...used it against the prosecution, like they were on trial, and that was the only evidence that was heard.

Should off been a re-trial omitting the knife.

But no, their was still plenty off other evidence to prove guilt and she would off got life I'm sure.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 6 Oct - 18:19

Interesting, isn't it. The mixed-race working-class kid gets murdered in a swarthy country full of Johnny Foreigner police. The two main suspects are a homeless black dude and a rich, white, all-American girl. Not exactly rocket science, now is it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 25 Oct - 21:40

Seems to me the only one who's got all the answers at the moment is the 'homeless black dude'.Wonder what new pack of lies he'll come out with at his appeal ?

Still not sure about foxy knoxy and her boyfriend but once again the PR machine and money men wins over dodgy discredited forensics !!
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 25 Oct - 21:45

THERE WAS A PROGRAMME ON TONIGHT ABOUT THE CASE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Empty The untold story

Post  Annabel Wed 26 Oct - 8:29

The untold story

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Murder of Meredith Kercher - Page 14 Empty AS ABOVE

Post  halfamo Sun 20 Nov - 15:12

they’ve allowed two murderers to walk free , and nothing will convince me otherwise.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next