Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found

+13
saloongirl
Angelic
Claudia79
mumbles
wjk
Jem
Dimsie
Alfiefinn
Fudge
margaret
xtina
jay2001
lynn
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Empty Re: Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found

Post  margaret Tue 24 Aug - 11:34

Just seen it jay thanks.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Woman-Who-Put-Cat-In-Bin-In-Coventry-Is-Identified-By-RSPCA-And-Given-Police-Protection/Article/201008415704447?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15704447_Woman_Who_Put_Cat_In_Bin_In_Coventry_Is_Identified_By_RSPCA_And_Given_Police_Protection

Woman Who Put Cat In Bin Identified

A woman who was filmed putting a cat in a wheelie bin has been offered police protection after being identified by the RSPCA.

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason

The grey-haired suspect was tracked down after she was caught on CCTV by the cat's owners, Daryll and Stephanie Mann, at their Coventry home.

Sky's Lisa Dowd said the woman was being offered police protection because of the "level of vitriol against her".

She said residents in Coventry were extremely angry, and death threats had been made against the woman on the internet.

"West Midlands Police are taking her safety extremely seriously," she said.

The Manns found the trapped four-year-old cat when they heard her cries on Sunday morning.

They thought Lola must have been dumped in the bin by drunken yobs.

But when they looked through their CCTV footage, they were shocked to discover it was a middle-aged woman.

She is caught petting the animal on camera, before looking around to see if she is being watched.

As Lola walks along the wall lining the Manns' front garden, the woman opens the wheelie bin, picks the cat up by the scruff of her neck and throws her in.

Mr Mann told Sky News: "I was shocked how someone could do something like that to an animal, I know some people don't like cats but you wouldn't expect them to do that to an animal that can't defend itself."

The attack happened at 7.55pm on Saturday and the kitten was trapped for nearly 16 hours before she was dicovered by the Manns.

"I'm surprised at it being a lady I expected it was someone drunk coming back from the pub, but when I saw that, it's mad," said Mr Mann.

The RSPCA said it was "appalled" by the woman's actions.

====

Serves her right, nice for her to feel some fear like that poor cat did. (Also, l see the cat is four not a kitten like initally reported)
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Empty Re: Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found

Post  mumbles Tue 24 Aug - 11:44

Why on earth is this woman being offered protection?

She didn't give two hoots about the suffering of the poor cat.

Did Lola have anyone there to protect her from this evil old cow?

No - she didn't.

Incidently, she must be pretty thick as well as evil - as the CCTV camera wasn't exactly hidden out of view.

mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Tue 24 Aug - 11:54

Well.....even if she does get police protection.....it won't be forever......
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Aug - 11:55

haha, serves her rights.

As i have said, if that was MY mother, she wouldnt be looking after MY kids!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Aug - 11:56

Perhaps she will be offered a new identity lol or better still...LOLA WILL TAKE REVENGE!!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Tue 24 Aug - 12:33

kitti wrote:Perhaps she will be offered a new identity lol or better still...LOLA WILL TAKE REVENGE!!!

The Revenge of Lola.

There once was an evil old bat
Who in a bin dumped an innocent cat
Whilst the furore abated
Sweet Lola waited......

Then bit her and said "take that." Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 294124

mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 24 Aug - 12:34

kitti wrote:haha, serves her rights.

Too right. I bet she 5hit herself when she saw it on sky or plastered on the front of the daily express. Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 23324
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Aug - 12:38

mumbles wrote:
kitti wrote:Perhaps she will be offered a new identity lol or better still...LOLA WILL TAKE REVENGE!!!

The Revenge of Lola.

There once was an evil old bat
Who in a bin dumped an innocent cat
Whilst the furore abated
Sweet Lola waited......

Then bit her and said "take that." Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 294124

haha loved it...hope lola comes to her in her NIGHTMARE!!

OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Aug - 12:39

margaret wrote:
kitti wrote:haha, serves her rights.

Too right. I bet she 5hit herself when she saw it on sky or plastered on the front of the daily express. Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 23324

Oh HER face will NEVER be forgotton lol....hope her next door neighbours havent got cats (thats IF they havent gone missing)!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Tue 24 Aug - 12:57

The Daily Mail are now reporting that the woman works in Rugby - in a bank!
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudge Tue 24 Aug - 13:39

This woman acted so calmly I would not be suprised to hear she has done this before. I hope she is looked into thoroughly and named and shamed.
Fudge
Fudge
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 500
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudge Tue 24 Aug - 13:44

kitti wrote:Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 01210

Hes an indoor cat but if ANYONE ever..EVER harmed a hair on his head they would be DEAD.

Note to granny.....if that would off been my larry, i would off chucked your sorry arse in that wheelie bin, nailed it down and WHEELED YOU DOWN TO THE NEAREST RIVER...AND THROWN YOU IN!

Thank you for sharing your picture of Larry, he is so handsome.
Fudge
Fudge
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 500
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Empty She's got police protection!

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 24 Aug - 17:11

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Woman-Who-Put-Cat-In-Bin-In-Coventry-Is-Identified-By-RSPCA-And-Given-Police-Protection/Article/201008415704447?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15704447_Woman_Who_Put_Cat_In_Bin_In_Coventry_Is_Identified_By_RSPCA_And_Given_Police_Protection

A woman who was filmed putting a cat in a wheelie bin has been offered police protection after being identified by the RSPCA.

The grey-haired suspect was tracked down after she was caught on CCTV by the cat's owners, Daryll and Stephanie Mann, at their Coventry home.

Sky's Lisa Dowd said the woman was offered police protection because of the "level of vitriol against her".

She said residents in Coventry were extremely angry, and death threats had been made against the woman on the internet.

"West Midlands Police are taking her safety extremely seriously," she said.

The Manns found the trapped four-year-old cat when they heard her cries on Sunday morning.

They thought Lola must have been dumped in the bin by drunken yobs.

But when they looked through their CCTV footage, they were shocked to discover it was a middle-aged woman.

She is caught petting the animal on camera, before looking around to see if she is being watched.

The woman opens the wheelie bin, picks the cat up by the scruff of her neck and throws her in.

Mr Mann told Sky News: "I was shocked how someone could do something like that to an animal.

"I know some people don't like cats but you wouldn't expect them to do that to an animal that can't defend itself."

The incident happened at 7.55pm on Saturday and the cat was trapped for nearly 16 hours before she was discovered by the Manns.

They said Lola was terrified and sitting in her own mess.

The RSPCA said it was "appalled" by the woman's actions and was continuing investigations to decide whether to bring charges against her.

A police spokesman told Sky News: "The RSPCA are leading an investigation into the incident and will be interviewing the woman shortly.

"Coventry Police are supporting this investigation and urge the public to leave the matter to be dealt with correctly by the authorities.

"Coventry Police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal offence."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Tue 24 Aug - 17:18

Named and shamed: The grey-haired bank worker who dumped kitty in the litter... and her daughter says she's a 'CAT LOVER'

A middle-aged bank worker who was caught shoving a cat into a wheelie bin was today named as Mary Bale.

Ms Bale sparked outrage when she was filmed on CCTV grabbing the friendly cat by the neck and dumping it in the bin, where it remained for 15 hours.

She was today under police protection, with PCSOs guarding her front door, as thousands of Facebook users bayed for blood due to the way she had treated four-year-old tabby Lola.

Scroll down to see video

lola and the stanger
lola and the stanger

The woman appears to be harmless as she strokes four-year-old cat, Lola, as it walks along a wall on a street in Coventry
The middle aged woman then grabs the cat by the scruff of its neck and puts it in the bin before shutting the lid

The middle-aged stranger then grabs the cat by the scruff of its neck and puts it in the bin

The woman appears to be harmless as she strokes the four-year-old cat as it walks along a wall

After dropping the poor moggy in the container, she shuts the lid, trapping it inside

The woman then casually walks away. The cat was found by its owner 15 hours later

The woman then casually walks away. The cat was found by its owner 15 hours later

Today Ms Bale's mother Celia said her daughter was 'distraught' at what she had done and defended her claiming: 'She loves cats'.

She said her daughter did not know 'what had come over her'.

Celia, from Coventry, West Midlands, said: 'Her father Maurice is hospital in the moment and is very ill. I think she was just in a world of her own. We all are at the moment.

'Mary said she just didn't know was possessed her, or what came over her, it's just very strange because she cannot explain her actions at all.

'We're all living on edge at moment, she doesn't know what happened.

'She absolutely adores cats, she's an animal lover, it just doesn't make sense.

'We're just hoping we can all get through this because I know a lot of people are not happy about it.

'If she didn't have to work then think she might keep animals herself - but that wouldn't be fair to the animals.

'I know that sounds ironic considering what has happened but she does love cats.'

Mrs Bale, a bank worker from Coventry, was facing an internet backlash after the CCTV footage was posted online.

She strolled up to stroke Lola before looking around to check the coast was clear, opening the lid of the wheelie bin and dropping the cat inside.

Today neighbours described Mrs Bale as a reclusive woman, who 'kept herself to herself', and lived on her own in a terraced property just two streets away from where the footage was shot.

One neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: 'She goes out every day at about 8am and comes back at 5pm each night. She doesn't really speak to anybody and lives on her own.

Social networking site Facebook and video-sharing site Youtube, have been inundated with message of outrage and even death threats.

One wrote: 'The evil b*** should be shut in the bin to see how she likes it', while another said 'Stick her in the bin and seal it up. Who has the wee kitty now? I hope it is okay, poor thing. What an inhuman act.'

PCSOs were today on duty outside the woman's home 'to ensure public order is maintained' after she was filmed stroking the tabby along a suburban street.

The woman is due to be interviewed by the RSCPA today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305751/Facebook-protest-woman-cat-wheelie-bin-gets-police-protection.html
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 24 Aug - 17:37

'If she didn't have to work then think she might keep animals herself - but that wouldn't be fair to the animals.

Well, as most people who have cats know, they can look after themselves quite well and having to work doesn't stop most people keeping cats. I have to work, the cats come and go from the house to the garden as they choose and it's the same whether I'm here or not. Cats are independent creatures. If Mary were a cat lover, she'd have cats living at her house and she would not have treated Lola the way she did.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 24 Aug - 17:53

AnnaEsse wrote:

Well, as most people who have cats know, they can look after themselves quite well and having to work doesn't stop most people keeping cats. I have to work, the cats come and go from the house to the garden as they choose and it's the same whether I'm here or not. Cats are independent creatures. If Mary were a cat lover, she'd have cats living at her house and she would not have treated Lola the way she did.

Totally agree Anna. I cannot believe this woman is any in way a cat lover.

Our two boys have a cat flap and are able to come and go quite happily at will during the day (often with 'presents'), if no one is about . Strangely, though, as soon as they see the car outside the house or sense a human presence, they become weirdly incapable of using the cat flap and instead appear at various doors and windows moving their mouths in a mime of a mew (yes, they are too spoilt to even have to really mew) until one of us 'Cat Butlers', including guests, runs to immediately let them in. You have to ask - who really controls our house? Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 294124
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Tue 24 Aug - 17:59

For the last few weeks of our cat Twink's life (she had chronic kidney failure) my husband and I took turns to sleep in the living room with her at night, as she didn't want to go into any other room and was sometimes very restless, though thankfully not in pain. The vet said she would probably just not wake up from sleep some time, though as it turned out she eventually had to be euthanised. She was 20 and although it's almost 4 years since she died and we have 2 others cats we both still miss her. This is Twink -

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Twink

PS You can get bigger dustbins, can't you, ones that a person can fit inside? Let the punishment fit the crime, I say. The very idea of someone calling this woman an animal lover who might keep like to keep pets herself is outrageous. And why on earth would illness in the family be any excuse for this cruel act? If anything, illness of a loved one would make a person more compassionate towards living creatures, surely?
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Aug - 18:53

Fudge.......its a race to see who gets into bed first!

Dimsie....what a hansome cat Twinks was, neally as hansome as my darling larry lol....

And yes your right, dimsie...if someone you are close to is very ill, the first thing you want to do when you get home is....KISS AND CUDDLE your cat or dog, makes you feel better.

Saying she did it because off that is a cop out, the women is vile and deserves all the rotten press shes getting.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jem Tue 24 Aug - 19:18

mumbles wrote:Why on earth is this woman being offered protection?

She didn't give two hoots about the suffering of the poor cat.

Did Lola have anyone there to protect her from this evil old cow?

No - she didn't.

Incidently, she must be pretty thick as well as evil - as the CCTV camera wasn't exactly hidden out of view.

Fucking unbelievable that this despicable woman is offered protection at the taxpayers expense.

wjk wrote:We've got five indoor rescue cats and I won't repeat what my oh has just said what he'd do to her if he met her.

I bet it was similar to what my OH said and that I agreed with. What an evil despicable thing to do. The cat was there for 15 hours, so she had every intention of doing great harm to this animal and I hope she suffers interminably for doing this. A nervous cat could have been frightened to death by panic or it could have ended up being ground into bits in the back of the bin-wagon. Let's hope that somebody deals with her properly so that she cannot do something like this again. It would be useful if that community were to look into how many other animals have gone missing.
Jem
Jem
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 24 Aug - 19:20

I'm glad she's under surveillance. Not because of her, of course, but because that way animals are safe from this heartless bitch's actions.

Had she touched my lovely Black, no protection would be enough.

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 100_2211
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 24 Aug - 19:57

You all have beautiful cats Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Icon_flower
I'd like to know how many cats locally have gone missing, with this evil bitch on the prowl?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Aug - 20:13

In the immortal words of The Mikado,

His object all sublime
He will achieve in time —
To let the punishment fit the crime —
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment!
Of innocent merriment!

Stick this awful woman in a wheelie bin, without food, water or air, sitting in her own mess, for nearly 16 hours.

I will happily supply the wheelie bin and the bricks to weigh the lid down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Tue 24 Aug - 20:14

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 NEW005-1Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 NEW006-1

Some beautiful photo's on here - so posting some pics of Mr.Bex to keep them company.

If anyone touched a hair on his head they'd be swinging by now.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 24 Aug - 21:08

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 DSC00169

I get off my chair and what happens? The gals claim it!

And this is Big Boy Muzzy. (He's from Leicester!)

Woman dumps cat in wheelie bin for no reason - Woman found - Page 2 Muzzy
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Aug - 22:53

Would you believe that this evil old hag now has POLICE PROTECTION!!! You couldn't make this stuff up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next