Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 2 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  margaret Fri 24 Dec - 10:05

tabs wrote:this is only my opinion and not stated at fact but I saw an interview with the boyfriend and I quote

'She was my future, this Christmas was going to be our first together'

' it's our second place together and things felt like they were falling happily into place. We were both really happy in our jobs'

all past tense

was/were not is

I'd love to be wrong and this young lady turn up safe and well

I just don't like the way he speaks about her in the past tense

if it were my other half missing I would say ' she is my future, this Christmas is going to be our first together or should be'

like I said only my opinion and would be ecstatic to be proved wrong

Panda wrote:

I read the sky news article earlier and watched the News. Apparently there was no mobile phone contact between the couple for 2 days which is
strange when one is supposedly home and one away. If he left his Parents home at the time he said, there is no way he would have arrived in Bristol
before Jo disappeared

Oh dear. I thought it was very telling that he didn't speak at the press conference, methinks he doesn't want to drop himself in the doo doo.

Before the Mcs case l wouldn't have thought twice about anyones story (l didn't about theirs at first) but all the cases l've now read about and discussed on various forums show that statistics are correct and the vast majority of the time it IS the family or someone known to the victim that is the perpetrator.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 24 Dec - 10:11

margaret wrote:
tabs wrote:this is only my opinion and not stated at fact but I saw an interview with the boyfriend and I quote

'She was my future, this Christmas was going to be our first together'

' it's our second place together and things felt like they were falling happily into place. We were both really happy in our jobs'

all past tense

was/were not is

I'd love to be wrong and this young lady turn up safe and well

I just don't like the way he speaks about her in the past tense

if it were my other half missing I would say ' she is my future, this Christmas is going to be our first together or should be'

like I said only my opinion and would be ecstatic to be proved wrong

Panda wrote:

I read the sky news article earlier and watched the News. Apparently there was no mobile phone contact between the couple for 2 days which is
strange when one is supposedly home and one away. If he left his Parents home at the time he said, there is no way he would have arrived in Bristol
before Jo disappeared

Oh dear. I thought it was very telling that he didn't speak at the press conference, methinks he doesn't want to drop himself in the doo doo.

Before the Mcs case l wouldn't have thought twice about anyones story (l didn't about theirs at first) but all the cases l've now read about and discussed on various forums show that statistics are correct and the vast majority of the time it IS the family or someone known to the victim that is the perpetrator.

Press conferences are not just for public information and/or to appeal to anyone who knows where the missing person is. The police also set them up so that they can observe the nearest and dearest.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Fri 24 Dec - 10:31

The police are very keen to find the missing pizza - I reckon the boyfriend cooked it and popped it back in the box and ate it on the way to Sheffield, after disposing of her body. For some reason I'm not liking the father's reaction to this either - hmmmm
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 24 Dec - 10:40

Roasted Arizona wrote:The police are very keen to find the missing pizza - I reckon the boyfriend cooked it and popped it back in the box and ate it on the way to Sheffield, after disposing of her body. For some reason I'm not liking the father's reaction to this either - hmmmm

Ummm...Sheffield - Snake Pass - isolated areas. jo yeates - Page 2 52433
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 24 Dec - 11:04

Roasted Arizona wrote:The police are very keen to find the missing pizza - I reckon the boyfriend cooked it and popped it back in the box and ate it on the way to Sheffield, after disposing of her body. For some reason I'm not liking the father's reaction to this either - hmmmm

If the boyfriend was with his Parents though and they confirm this, it was stated that he could not have got back to Bristol in time to see Jo. Now that
it has been established that the Pizza and box are missing and Jo left her keys indoors, what if she took the Pizza to another guy she was seeing and
that"s why she never phoned her boyfriend for two days. He might have arranged to meet her and knowing she would have a lift home she didn"t take
her keys, or took the spare keys.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Fri 24 Dec - 11:12

I understood he was visiting his half brother, who seemed less than keen to talk to the press about whether or not he had been there at the times stated.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 24 Dec - 12:02

Well, let's hope that Jo took the pizza to a friend's house and then decided to stay there, although it's odd that she didn't wear a coat or take important personal belongings. It is a bit odd that the boyfriend is already talking about her in the past tense, unlike her parents. Both seem geniunely devastated and I have no doubts about them at all. It would be wonderful if Jo is save and well, but, sadly, I doubt she is..tragic for her family.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Fri 24 Dec - 12:51

maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 24 Dec - 13:32

The main thing for Jo's parents and boyfriend and all her other friends and colleagues to realise is that the police will be asking questions, some of which they may not like, or bringing up things they don't want to think about (eg could she have had another secret boyfriend?). These things can be distressing for her nearest and dearest to even consider, but the police have a job to do and if they don't do it properly they could easily miss a clue that could be vital. We hear now that that poor spy chap who was found dead in a holdall was indeed interested in the bondage scene and other things which his family apparently knew nothing about and which IIRC they said at the time was only malicious tittle-tattle. But it wasn't, it was based on fact and perhaps of vital importance to the investigation.

So basically the police in Jo's case will have to think all sorts of things, examine all possibilities, probably tread on some people's toes and distress some people with unhappy and unwelcome thoughts. But that's detective work and it has to be done. If relatives and friends cooperate fully with the police, Jo's whereabouts could be discovered earlier than if they try to hide anything. Of course, they may know nothing of importance or there may be little to know about her ordinary everyday life, but when someone is missing there has to be a reason. I just hope she is found safe and well (though I'm not particularly buoyed up by the police's assertion about this, as it's standard procedure to say they hope someone is found alive until they have something concrete to go on that might suggest otherwise).

Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Fri 24 Dec - 15:24

Roasted Arizona: For some reason I'm not liking the father's reaction to this either - hmmmm

Nor me.

Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100jo yeates - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 24 Dec - 15:52

Much as I hate to admit it, I can"t see Jo being found alive. Was the Pizza a home dellivery or a takeaway? If it was a home delivery and she intended
to take it with her wherever she was going, maytbe she was met by someone in a Car and didn"t need a Coat and the keys found were spare. On the
other hand, if it proves the boyfriend came back early and was there when she arrived home with the Pizza. They could have shared the Pizza, had
an argument whcih turned nasty , he hit her and she fell and hit her head on something which killed her. The boyfriend could have taken the empty
Pizza box because he knew his prints would have been on it, left , and disposed of the Box as far away as possible and hung around before returning
to the Flat to establish the Alibi that he was in Sheffield longer than he was.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Dec - 16:04

Panda wrote:

Much as I hate to admit it, I can"t see Jo being found alive. Was the Pizza a home dellivery or a takeaway? If it was a home delivery and she intended
to take it with her wherever she was going, maytbe she was met by someone in a Car and didn"t need a Coat and the keys found were spare. On the
other hand, if it proves the boyfriend came back early and was there when she arrived home with the Pizza. They could have shared the Pizza, had
an argument whcih turned nasty , he hit her and she fell and hit her head on something which killed her. The boyfriend could have taken the empty
Pizza box because he knew his prints would have been on it, left , and disposed of the Box as far away as possible and hung around before returning
to the Flat to establish the Alibi that he was in Sheffield longer than he was.

There's recently released CCTV from the self-service checkout showing her buying the pizza from Tesco Express - she was wearing the coat and had a rucksack:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009115868004
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 24 Dec - 16:15

Thanks Carmen, so that would imply Jo never went home with the Pizza, met a secret lover and had an argument with him?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Dec - 16:28

Panda wrote:

Thanks Carmen, so that would imply Jo never went home with the Pizza, met a secret lover and had an argument with him?

Well she either:

went home, took off her coat - then went elsewhere with pizza in box but without coat, purse etc;

or

never returned home - and someone else returned her coat, purse etc to her flat.

Apparently (from twitter) there's been no confirmed sighting of her returning home to the flat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 24 Dec - 16:48

carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:

Well she either:

went home, took off her coat - then went elsewhere with pizza in box but without coat, purse etc;

or

never returned home - and someone else returned her coat, purse etc to her flat.

Apparently (from twitter) there's been no confirmed sighting of her returning home to the flat.

O.K., let"s start again, I Can"t honestly see someone attack and kill her, take off her Coat, keys and purse and , go to the apartment, use the Key to get in, leave her coat, purse and keys there, let himself out of the apartment without a Soul noticing ????? Which leads me to think the boyfriend
is responsible for her disappearance and disposed of the Pizza , maybe unopened , because his prints might have been on it. Failing that she took
the Pizza to a near neightbour, but surely she would have put her coat on , at that time of night it would have been cold.

jo yeates - Page 2 25346 jo yeates - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  RunningFree Fri 24 Dec - 16:58

RunningFree
RunningFree

Female
Number of posts : 8
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 24 Dec - 17:12

I heard a policeman say something along those lines, 'we must follow every possible explanation of what might have happened to Joanna. '

That's called policework and investigation. You can't have folk telling the police just what lines of enquiries they should be pursuing and what lines they should be leaving well alone. I hope she is found safe.

Last edited by MaryB on Fri 24 Dec - 17:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  blackrose Fri 24 Dec - 19:09

carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:

Well she either:

or

This has been my line of thinking too. If someone forced her to return to the flat to leave her things there and then forced her to leave again with them, it could explain why her things were in the flat under such strange circumstances.
blackrose
blackrose
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 206
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 24 Dec - 23:43

blackrose wrote:
carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:

Well she either:

or

This has been my line of thinking too. If someone forced her to return to the flat to leave her things there and then forced her to leave again with them, it could explain why her things were in the flat under such strange circumstances.

Hmmmm... but it isn't the simplest expanation is it? jo yeates - Page 2 303636
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Dec - 5:11

The Police seem awfully keen to find out what happened to the pizza. They have even released a photo of another, identical, pizza to try and jog somebody's memory. I think that they could have a line of enquiry but they don't want to say just yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 25 Dec - 11:27

Panda wrote:

strange when one is supposedly home and one away.

I don't buy the boyfriend did it in this one. No mobile contact is perfectly fine if you're in a secure relationship.
If I leave my girlfriend to go to the football or back down to my home county to see my other friends I don't feel the need to call or contact her. A lot of my friends are the same we see our girlfriends enough through living with them!

Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 25 Dec - 11:47

Loopdaloop wrote:
Panda wrote:

strange when one is supposedly home and one away.

I don't buy the boyfriend did it in this one. No mobile contact is perfectly fine if you're in a secure relationship.
If I leave my girlfriend to go to the football or back down to my home county to see my other friends I don't feel the need to call or contact her. A lot of my friends are the same we see our girlfriends enough through living with them!

Point taken Loopdaloop, what , you don"t even phone the girlfriend when you are on your way home to make sure she has a meal ready for you.? jo yeates - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 25 Dec - 11:59

I was just reading the latest sky news report, apart from Midnight Mass and prayers said for Jo , nothing new.

Chief Superintendent Jon Stratford, of Avon and Somerset Police, said: "What I can say is that we are keeping completely an open mind and we are testing out many different hypotheses."

I thought we had already done that and come up with nothing plausible.

jo yeates - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 25 Dec - 12:20

I suspect that no mobile contact even for more than two minutes would be unusual in some cases. Supermarkets seem to be full of female and male shoppers wandering around talking into mobile phones. Are they all discussing what to bring home for the evening meal or the relative merits of cauliflower versus broccoli? Then of course there are the infamous, "I'm on the train" callers who drive their fellow passengers to distraction with a non-stop stream of inanities from the moment they take their seat on the train until the journey ends. Not such a rare phenomenon when one considers that it generated the need to designate a carriage on most intercity trains as a quiet carriage. Others use mobile phones solely as a useful means to communicate important information of course, such as letting their partner know that they have arrived safely after a hazardous road journey undertaken in wintry conditions. Therefore any investigating team will not take a statement regarding mobile phone usage at face value; it is one of the important behavioural criteria for the police to check.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 25 Dec - 12:36

It is known that Jo used her mobile phoning her friend to arrange to meet on 24th Dec. Maybe they can check where exactly Jo was when she made that call and the time of it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next