Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman

+7
Panda
wjk
margaret
sunflower
mumbles
buildersbum
kitti
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 Empty Re: Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman

Post  buildersbum Thu 24 Mar - 18:40

margaret wrote:
mumbles wrote:
margaret wrote:Pig. So looks like he's a multiple murderer aswell. Thank God the police managed to catch him today otherwise he'd have done it again.

RIP Sian and the other victim x

And one of his neighbour's has described him as a 'really pleasant' man!

It just goes to show how cleverly some people can cover their true nature.

You're right, it's a terrifying thought isn't it?

At least another family will be out of their misery soon and be able to lay their loved one to rest. I'm trying to think of that other woman last year who went missing, haven't heard she'd been found.

They only one I can remember is Claudia Lawrence, but that was two years ago!!
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 Empty Re: Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman

Post  Guest Thu 24 Mar - 19:06

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Thu 24 Mar - 19:23

It is just so awful. My heart goes out to the families.
So worrying that we have these people wandering around capable of this. Only months ago we were all praying for Joanna Yeates to be found safe and well.
sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 239
Warning :
Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Mar - 21:10

Police hunting for 'kidnapped' Sian O'Callaghan find body by the famous White Horse of Uffington
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 9:02 PM on 24th March 2011
Add to My Stories

Body found IS missing Sian O'Callaghan, say police
Family 'distraught' after being informed of discovery
Taxi driver, 47, from Swindon, held on suspicion of two murders
Beauty spot is 13 miles from nightclub where Sian was last seen alive

Police hunting for missing Sian O'Callaghan said they believe they have found the body of the 22-year-old buried at a famous beauty spot.
The body was found near the White Horse of Uffington hill, near Wantage, Oxfordshire, around 13 miles from the nightclub where she disappeared from last Saturday evening.
Detective Superintendent Steve Fulcher said a 47-year-old cabbie from Swindon was being held on suspicion of the murder.
And in a dramatic twist, the divorced father-of-three told them the location of a second body - which was earlier thought to be alongside the first - but further details have not yet emerged.

Grim find: Police sealed off the country road after they found two bodies - including that of missing Sian O'Callaghan, 22 - near the famous White Horse landmark

Missing: The body of Sian O'Callaghan was discovered 11 miles from where she was last seen
Although formal identification of the body found today is yet to take place, police said the body is believed to be missing Sian and her family had been informed.
Police swooped on a man at an Asda store in Swindon at around 11am this morning- and arrested him before seizing a vehicle.
The man arrested today was named by neighbours as local private hire driver Chris Halliwell.
The divorced father-of-three teenage girls lived around 11 miles, or a 25 minute drive, from the 'shallow grave' that Sian's body was found in close to the beauty spot.
He is reported to have spoken with police then walked them to the bodies at the landmark later in the afternoon.
Police had previously said that two bodies had been found but it is now understood that only one has been discovered.
The location of a second body believed to be buried nearby was made known to police but they have not yet discovered it.
A Wiltshire Police spokesman said tonight: 'Wiltshire Police would like to make it clear that while the location of two bodies has been identified to the Senior Investigating Officer, only one body has currently been found and this is believed to be Sian O'Callaghan.The second body has yet to be recovered.'
At a press conference tonight Mr Fulcher from Wiltshire Police said: 'A 47-year-old man from Swindon is in custody, having been arrested for kidnap and two murders.
'The location of two bodies have been identified to me by this individual, one of whom has yet to be identified formally, but I am quite clear is Sian.
'I have informed Sian's family, who are obviously deeply distressed, and I would ask you please to give them time and space to come to terms with what's happened.
'The public and the media have been a fantastic help in the desperate effort to find Sian over the last few days. This has of course been a fast-paced inquiry.

Beauty-spot: A policeman stands next to a closed road leading to the place where Sian O'Callaghan's body was found today a short distance from the Uffington White Horse landmark

Famous: Uffington White Horse in Oxfordshire where police said they had today found two bodies
'Having found these bodies, you will appreciate that I am under extreme pressure to undertake certain actions and procedures, and I would ask you to give me some time to enable me to recover these bodies, with the dignity and respect that they deserve.'
He said he was concerned for the family, and the effect this would have on them.
'I want to recover these people and give them the dignity they deserve.'
Chief superintendent Steve Hedley added: 'We want to continue with this investigation which is at a significant stage. We have a family who are extremely distraught.'
Police had earlier been combing woodland with sniffer dogs as they searched for Sian who had not been seen since Saturday evening at the Japanese-themed Suju nightclub.
But a white forensics tent had today been set up on a gravel driveway outside the suspect's semi-detached red-brick home in Swindon and it was cordoned off as forensic officers examined the scene.

Discovery: The scene close to the White Horse of Uffington earlier today where the body of missing Sian O'Callaghan has been found

Map: The Suju nightclub where Sian was last seen is around 20 miles from Wantage, Oxfordshire where her body was found
A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said the father-of-three was divorced and had been separated from his wife.
Sian went missing after a 'girl's night out' with friends at a nightclub in her home town.
She was pictured on CCTV leaving the club in the High Street at 2.52am. The flat she shared with her boyfriend, Kevin Reape, 25, is just a half-a-mile walk away from the night spot but she did not make it home.
Mr Reape contacted police the next morning after failing to get in touch with his partner.
Earlier this week Mr Reape made a tearful appeal at a police press conference for information to find her. He said: 'I just want to say how very worried we are about Sian.
'She has been missing now for over two days and it's not like her to not come home or contact any of us for such a long time.
'We all want to know where Sian is and we want her home safe and well.'
Officers had believed Sian was driven to Savernake Forest, near Marlborough, Wiltshire, shortly after she left the club. Much of the search had focused on the dense woodland.
Mobile phone records put her in the forest 34 minutes after she left Suju club in Swindon – and they believe she must have gone in a vehicle to get their so fast.
But today eight police cars and 12 officers raced to an Asda store, in Swindon, and swooped on the suspect in front of stunned shoppers.
Witnesses described a thin white man, aged between 40 and 50, being cuffed and taken away, before a vehicle was towed.

Dramatic: Police surround a car following the swoop outside an Asda Walmart store in Swindon today

Hunt: Police cordon off a semi-detached home in Swindon today in connection with the disappearance of Sian O'Callaghan

Clues? Forensic officers enter a semi-detached home in Swindon this afternoon following the arrest of a man outside Asda in Swindon earlier while, right, police load evidence into a van

Search: A forensic tent was put up in the front garden of the house in Swindon of the taxi driver arrested on suspicion of two murders
A female shopper, who did not wish to be named, said she saw the man being taken by officers quickly.
She said: ‘There were more than eight police cars surrounding a car. The driver was white, short and very slim.
‘They got him out of the car and hurriedly put him into a undercover police car. There was no delay or chat. They took him away straight away. A recovery truck came soon after and towed the vehicle away.
‘As soon as I saw it, I knew what was happening.'
‘We are aware of the reward that has been offered and are very grateful. We hope that this might help someone come forward with information to help the police find her.
‘This is an extremely difficult time for us and we continue to hope and pray that our beautiful girl is found soon.’
Anonymous wellwishers had earlier upped the reward for information leading to Sian being found to £40,000.
Details of the increased bounty were released on posters of the slim brunette - which her friends were plastering across Swindon.
On the day of developments, the office administrator’s 'distraught' family thanked hundreds of members of the public who have volunteered to search the woodland for the young woman.
‘We have been so touched by the support shown by the community that we wanted to express our thanks,’ the family said in a statement released by Wiltshire Police.
‘The sheer numbers of people who have given up their time to help search for Sian and distribute appeal posters are overwhelming and we couldn’t ask for better support from the public, police and media.

Probe: Missing Sian was wearing brown boots, like this one left, and is thought to have had with her a DKNY watch with fake diamonds, right, Wiltshire Police said as they released these images

A patterned key a Tesco Clubcard and another key like these were all in Sian's possession at the time of her disappearance, Wiltshire Police said

Mystery: Sian, 22, caught on CCTV leaving Suju nightclub in Swindon. She told friends she would be back shortly but never returned
Detectives had been appealing for sightings of items Miss O’Callaghan is likely to have had in her handbag - large and dark-coloured with a beige flower on the side.
The bag’s contents included a distinctively-patterned front-door key, a black car key with yellow insulation tape, a Tesco Clubcard key fob, a yellow Kinder egg plastic casing containing a small animal with a furry belly, and lip gloss.
Miss O’Callaghan is also believed to have been wearing or had with her a DKNY watch with fake diamonds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369550/Sian-OCallaghan-kidnap-Police-swoop-suspect-Asda-say-alive.html#ixzz1HYNbowFR
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 24 Mar - 21:46

When the police made the kidnap arrest, there was some hope today of finding Sian alive. Very sad outcome.

RIP Sian x
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 25 Mar - 2:36

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Fri 25 Mar - 10:08

So the other victim is from 10 years ago. Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 29204
sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 25 Mar - 10:10

sunflower wrote:So the other victim is from 10 years ago. Appeal For Help To Find Missing Swindon Woman  - Page 3 29204

I think the police from another area want a DNA sample in connection with a 1996 murder.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 Mar - 10:37

Just watching the News and an outside broadcast report from Faringdon , Oxford, is where the Police are searching . I thought the body was supposed
to be near the White Horsw in Wiltshire.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 25 Mar - 10:40

Panda wrote:

Just watching the News and an outside broadcast report from Faringdon , Oxford, is where the Police are searching . I thought the body was supposed
to be near the White Horsw in Wiltshire.

There seem to be conflicting reports. I have read that two bodies were in one location and also that they were in different locations, though perhaps this is something else.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Fri 25 Mar - 11:14

Live on Sky now, police say they have recovered Sian's body from one location. They were taken to a different location by the man where he has said the other body is, as yet the other body has not been recovered.
sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 25 Mar - 11:45

buildersbum wrote:
margaret wrote:

You're right, it's a terrifying thought isn't it?

At least another family will be out of their misery soon and be able to lay their loved one to rest. I'm trying to think of that other woman last year who went missing, haven't heard she'd been found.

They only one I can remember is Claudia Lawrence, but that was two years ago!!

I've been racking my brains and googling and can't find anything?? This is going to bug me now, maybe l'm getting mixed up.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Mar - 11:55

Sian O'Callaghan murder police search in Northleach

Miss O'Callaghan was last seen leaving a nightclub in Swindon

Sian police hunt for second body
Police investigating the murder of Sian O'Callaghan are searching another location for human remains.

A body, believed to be that of Miss Callaghan, was found on Thursday in Oxfordshire and police said they knew the location of a second victim.

Miss O'Callaghan, 22, had not been seen since she left a nightclub in Swindon early on Saturday morning.

Officers are searching near Northleach, in Gloucestershire, where it is believed a second body may be.

A man, named locally as taxi driver Christopher Halliwell, was arrested at a supermarket on suspicion of kidnap and two murders on Thursday morning.

Det Supt Steve Fulcher said: "I was taken to two locations by this individual.

"One near Uffington where we discovered the body of a woman who we believe is Sian O'Callaghan and another near Northleach where I believe a second body may be."

He said it was believed Miss O'Callaghan's body was moved to the Uffington area by the suspect.

He said the search near Northleach had been taking place through the night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12859600?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Mar - 12:02

@SkyNewsBreak
Police investigating murder of Sian O'Callaghan say if there is a second body, they believe it relates to an incident several years ago
10 minutes ago via SkyNews Alerts - Breaking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 25 Mar - 12:12

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 25 Mar - 14:58

Could he have also murdered Melanie Hall in 1996?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Video-Sian-OCallaghan-Police-Probe-Links-To-Two-Other-Missing-Woman-As-They-Hunt-For-Second-Body/Article/201103415959918?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15959918_Video%2C_Sian_OCallaghan%3A_Police_Probe_Links_To_Two_Other_Missing_Woman_As_They_Hunt_For_Second_Body_

Police investigating the murder of office worker Sian O'Callaghan are probing links to a 1996 murder and a Wiltshire missing woman case - as the hunt for a second body continues.

See a timeline of how the investigation has unfolded so far here.

Officers revealed the second body could relate to an incident several years ago, and could be an adult.

Chief Superintendent Steve Fulcher, leading the inquiry, said: "If there is a second body, we believe it relates to an incident some years ago and it is an adult.

"Wiltshire only has one outstanding missing adult case and that is from several years ago."

It is understood teams investigating the murder of Melanie Hall, 25, in 1996, are to liaise with officers in Wiltshire, while the 2001 disappearance of another woman in the county is also being looked into again.

Hospital clerical worker Melanie Hall disappeared after leaving a nightclub in Bath, and her remains were found in a bin liner beside the M5 in Gloucestershire in 2009. Nobody has ever been charged with her murder.

Miss O'Callaghan's body was discovered on Thursday near the famous "White Horse" landmark in rural Oxfordshire.

Police have not yet revealed the cause of her death, but a post-mortem is being carried out.

A 47-year-old man - named locally as minicab driver Christopher Halliwell - is also being held in custody on suspicion of two counts of murder and a kidnap, after being arrested at a Swindon supermarket on Thursday.

Police have said they are likely to make an application "within the coming hours" to magistrates in a bid to extend the suspect's detention.

This taxi - complete with Miss O'Callaghan police appeal posters - was seized

Ch Supt Fulcher revealed that the man took him personally to the location of 22-year-old Miss O'Callaghan's body, in Uffington.

He was then taken to a second location near Northleach, Gloucestershire, where officers have been searching throughout the night for the second body.

Roadblocks were set up around the villages of Eastleach Turville and Eastleach Martin, as police scoured an area around a farm for clues.

Ch Supt Fulcher said the operation was a "painstaking" one.

"It is not a simple issue to ascertain whether there is a second body at that location so we do not know what we are dealing at this stage."

He added that when Miss O'Callaghan was first reported missing, the case immediately caused him to become concerned.

"She was a lovely girl from a stable family and her not contacting her family was completely out of character," he said.

The fast-moving case has seen a number of developments in recent days.

After Miss O'Callaghan's disappearance on Saturday, police used mobile phone technology to narrow down a search area in the 4,500 acre Savernake Forest.

They then seized a green Toyota Avensis taxi they had appealed for in connection to the case, and shortly afterwards arrested a suspect.

By Thursday afternoon, a white police tent had been erected in the front garden of a house in suburban Swindon, where specialist officers carried out detailed searches.

See photo’s from the search for Sian O’Callaghan here
The Sian O’Callaghan Investigation red chevron
See all the pictures from the investigation into Sian O’Callaghan’s disappearance here.

By the end of Thursday, Miss O'Callaghan's body had been found, and officers had revealed they were also looking for a second body.

Miss O'Callaghan was last seen on CCTV leaving Suju nightclub, in Swindon's Old Town area, after an evening out with friends.

She lived in a flat just half a mile away with her boyfriend Kevin Reape, 25.

Mr Reape, a quantity surveyor, raised the alarm at 9.45am on Saturday when she had not returned to their flat.

Wiltshire Police CCTV still of missing nightclubber Sian O'Callaghan inside the Suju club in Swindon, Wiltshire.

CCTV of Sian O'Callaghan leaving the Suju nightclub

Miss O'Callaghan's family earlier thanked members of the public who had helped in the search for their "beautiful girl".

Hundreds of people - many who did not know Miss O'Callaghan - joined police searches of Savernake Forest, near Marlborough, or put up posters appealing for help.

"We have been so touched by the support shown by the community that we wanted to express our thanks," the family said in a statement.

:: Anyone with information is asked to contact Wiltshire Police on 0845 408 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 25 Mar - 15:22

If he did murder Melanie Hall, I don't understand why the police would be looking for her body given they found her remains a long time ago, I seem to think?

This guy could have murdered several women, but for some reason has owned up to two.

The impact this will have on all the families involved is unimaginable, including Halliwell's own children.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 25 Mar - 15:24

Wintabells wrote:If he did murder Melanie Hall, I don't understand why the police would be looking for her body given they found her remains a long time ago, I seem to think?

This guy could have murdered several women, but for some reason has owned up to two.

The impact this will have on all the families involved is unimaginable, including Halliwell's own children.

For someone to have killed more than once, I think a gap of 10 years would be a long time and I'm wondering if there are other, undisclosed murders in the intervening years.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Fri 25 Mar - 15:53

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369550/Sian-OCallaghan-murder-Police-chief-says-suspect-took-2-Gloucestershire-locations.html

From the Daily Mail...

< snipped >

It was claimed today that Sian was friends with the suspect's step-children Gemma, 29, and Lorna, 26, who are the daughters of his partner Heather Widdowson.

How awful for them too... to know their step-father did this to their friend.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 25 Mar - 16:16

mumbles wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369550/Sian-OCallaghan-murder-Police-chief-says-suspect-took-2-Gloucestershire-locations.html

From the Daily Mail...

< snipped >

It was claimed today that Sian was friends with the suspect's step-children Gemma, 29, and Lorna, 26, who are the daughters of his partner Heather Widdowson.

So, I guess Sian could have met the suspect and therefore felt quite safe with him if she knew his step-children.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 25 Mar - 16:27

AnnaEsse wrote:
mumbles wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369550/Sian-OCallaghan-murder-Police-chief-says-suspect-took-2-Gloucestershire-locations.html

From the Daily Mail...

< snipped >

So, I guess Sian could have met the suspect and therefore felt quite safe with him if she knew his step-children.

Yes, it looks like Sian knew members of the Halliwell family, although I can't work out if it was his daughters or step-daughters she was friendly with... maybe all. It sounds like they hang out at the same clubs etc. It certainly would explain why Sian felt safe to get into the suspect's taxi.

I'm puzzled that Sian told her friends she was going outside to talk to a friend and would be back on the dance floor in 15 minutes. Perhaps she was ready to leave and this was the easiest way to achieve it (rather than be implored to stay).
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 25 Mar - 16:43

I think it more likely, if she knew him, she went over to say hello and he bungled her into the taxi. This would explain why she told her friends she'd be back.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Fri 25 Mar - 17:38

Wintabells wrote:If he did murder Melanie Hall, I don't understand why the police would be looking for her body given they found her remains a long time ago, I seem to think?

The impact this will have on all the families involved is unimaginable, including Halliwell's own children

Just thinking the same.

sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Fri 25 Mar - 17:39

From the Daily Mail...

< snipped >

Oh dear, it would explain her happily getting in the taxi though.
sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 Mar - 17:56

This is a post from Hardlinemarxist"s Blog which probably explains why Sian got kinto his Taxi. The Blog also deals with Jo Yeates so I will post it there
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25/03/2011 at 12:42 pm

One of my posts has disappeared so I’ll post it again without the link:-

TRAGIC Sian O’Callaghan knew murder suspect Chris Halliwell through his three children, it was revealed last night.

The 22-year-old was friends with the cabbie’s daughters Natasha, 19, Carissa, 17, and 12-year-old son Shane.

She also knew his step-children Gemma, 29, and Lorna, 26, daughters of his partner Heather.

A friend said PA Sian would have been comfortable in his company. The pal added: “Chris knows Sian so she would have not had a second thought about getting into a car with him.

“He’s a family man and seems a really nice bloke. He looks younger than he is and gets on well with people.

“Sian knows him through his kids as they go out together.”

Police were yesterday searching vacant office spaces 200 yards from Five Star’s HQ in Swindon. A Mirror reporter was at the office when two detectives arrived to examine computer records of a driver.

The boss refused to name the cabbie but said: “He is one of ours. I don’t know if he was working for us Friday night.”

A driver who worked with Halliwell added: “He’s a real family man and doesn’t have any enemies in the trade. He’s the last person any of us would have expected to be pulled for this. He’s great guy.”

All cab drivers in Swindon are required by law to carry a GPS box in their cabs detailing where they had travelled.

It is unknown if Halliwell had one or if it had been recovered by detectives.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next