Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Feel Like Giving Up?

+39
AnnaEsse
malena stool
T4two
Forensicist
kathybelle
NoStone
margaret
Autumn
Lioned
cass
gillyspot
pennylane
MaryB
almostgothic
comperedna
kitti
duncanmac
aqeleega
wjk
dutchclogs
ann_chovey
nospinnaker
halfamo
dazedandconfused
matthew
xtina
SteveT
flower
ShabbyTiger
chrissie
blossom45
Justiceforallkids
interested
Angelique
jejune
Krisy22
jay2001
whatsupdoc
Colonel Fabien
43 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do You Feel Like Giving Up?

Post  duncanmac Thu 29 Dec - 8:50

aqeleega wrote:I don't think anyone ever gives up. They may not post but I bet they all pass by the forums every day to see if anything new has come to light . . . and they always will.

Yes, I am definitely in this category also.
As another poster said, February will be very interesting and time for GA to say the things he claims he has never said.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 29 Dec - 11:00

duncanmac wrote:
aqeleega wrote:I don't think anyone ever gives up. They may not post but I bet they all pass by the forums every day to see if anything new has come to light . . . and they always will.

As another poster said, February will be very interesting and time for GA to say the things he claims he has never said.

Such as what duncanmac?

I wish that Kate & Gerry McCann could be compelled to take the stand and be cross examined as their evidence would be interesting to hear.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 29 Dec - 13:14

I see no reason why Amaral's side cannot call them - we do not have to take Healy and McCanns' word that they will not be answering questions.

I took that little gem of disinformation to mean their own side wouldn't call them.

Also, I don't know what powers the Presiding Judge has to compel those with valid information to take the stand.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 29 Dec - 15:44

[quote]
gillyspot wrote:
duncanmac wrote:

Such as what duncanmac?

Gonçalo Amaral: "It's too big and too serious a burden to be concealed by so many people for their entire lives."

Gonçalo Amaral: “There are things that I haven’t said yet”

Gonçalo Amaral: "I am not shutting up"[b]

Gillyspot, how can I be expected to know what GA has not yet told us ????[b]
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 29 Dec - 16:06

[quote="duncanmac"]
gillyspot wrote:
duncanmac wrote:

Such as what duncanmac?

Gonçalo Amaral: "It's too big and too serious a burden to be concealed by so many people for their entire lives."

Gonçalo Amaral: “There are things that I haven’t said yet”

Gonçalo Amaral: "I am not shutting up"[b]

Gillyspot, how can I be expected to know what GA has not yet told us ????[b]

There's a subtle difference here between things he may have said, which he later denied, and things he has never said at all. What you appeared to be referring to was the former.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 29 Dec - 16:19

Thanks Anna, sorry Gillyspot. I agree, my initial post was not specific but I was referring to the information he had not yet put forward.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 29 Dec - 19:56

Will they turn up?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 29 Dec - 20:08

I must admit that 99% of the time I despair of the truth of what happened to Madeleine coming out. But I've not quite given up hope. But I nearly have.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 29 Dec - 20:57

MaryB wrote:I must admit that 99% of the time I despair of the truth of what happened to Madeleine coming out. But I've not quite given up hope. But I nearly have.

I get frustrated with this case from time to time and I have to take a break from posting. Once I've had a break I'm ok and I know I will never give up on Madeleine.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Empty To both Mary B and Kathybelle

Post  comperedna Fri 30 Dec - 13:46

I feel the same.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Fri 30 Dec - 14:03

kitti wrote:Will they turn up?

I have heard the McCanns will attend the court but aren't planning of giving any evidence (no change there then) Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 294124
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 Dec - 14:07

What they plan to do takes a distant second place to what should happen: I see no reason why the Presiding Judge should not insist they take the stand if they are able to "assist". And Amaral's side should be able to examine them whether they wish to be examined or not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 30 Dec - 14:13

And if they do not wish to take the stand, the judge should say: "Case dismissed!" and award appropriate monies to the other side.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 Dec - 14:19

Quite.

It may well come to that - it is incomprehensible that they can win, especially on the basis of allegations which are not properly tested.

And subsequent arrest on the Courthouse steps will provide a poetic beginning to the denouement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 30 Dec - 19:13

They always seem to be appealing for people to 'come forward' and give information to the authorities. But when it comes to them coming forward and answering questions they don't seem so keen.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 30 Dec - 19:38

MaryB wrote:They always seem to be appealing for people to 'come forward' and give information to the authorities. But when it comes to them coming forward and answering questions they don't seem so keen.

Spot on Mary! It's a bit like Kate's lame excuse for not searching for Maddie on the night she disappeared....

'Erm, ya know, erm well.... my three year old disappeared from her bed tonight, but erm ya know, I think I'll just wait 'til it gets light out before searching for her, 'cos erm ya know, it's soooooo dark outside.' Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Rolleyes

Last edited by pennylane on Tue 3 Jan - 20:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Year's resolution not to use expletives.... even when discussing the foul mouthed duo.)
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Fri 30 Dec - 20:37

Well remember Gerry n me were looking through photographs not to share with the peasants so were "very busy".
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Empty New Year, New Impetus

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jan - 13:36

I'm getting an optimistic feeling back, for the first time in a long while: The more we chew over old ground it seems that there is less and less foundation to the Healy/McCann farrago as ever more inconsistencies and irreconcilable events reveal themselves.

Roll on February.

Just oiling the Handcuffs now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 3 Jan - 15:45

The End Is Nigh wrote:I'm getting an optimistic feeling back, for the first time in a long while: The more we chew over old ground it seems that there is less and less foundation to the Healy/McCann farrago as ever more inconsistencies and irreconcilable events reveal themselves.

Roll on February.

Just oiling the Handcuffs now.
oh i hope that you are right Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 306321
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 3 Jan - 16:41

The Stephen Lawrence case is a fair example of why the mccanns will always be watching their backs.A cold case review and new technology done for them after 18 years.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 3 Jan - 20:27

Lioned wrote:The Stephen Lawrence case is a fair example of why the mccanns will always be watching their backs.A cold case review and new technology done for them after 18 years.

Yes its great to see justice done at long last for Stephen Lawrence and family. But for advanced technology to be of any use in Madeleine's case, we have to hope that samples taken to the labs for testing are still available should further progress be made in forensics. Im sure I read somewhere that many of the samples had been lost or destroyed...hope Im wrong about that!
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jan - 20:37

Fortunately there appears to be ample evidence that isn't DNA dependent - all that is needed is the will to pursue it doggedly and to worry it like a nagging terrier until something gives.

Come February, the corners of the carpet under which all the secrets lie will be lifted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Do You Feel Like Giving Up? - Page 4 Empty Progress

Post  Guest Thu 5 Jan - 21:59

The sudden burst of activity in recent days inspires me with hope that resolution is within sight: Pre-emptive strident and really quite destructive blanket posting from some quarters is having the opposite effect to that intended: Cages are rattling.

Hallelujah!

Not giving up now.

No way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Jan - 22:04

The End Is Nigh wrote:The sudden burst of activity in recent days inspires me with hope that resolution is within sight: Pre-emptive strident and really quite destructive blanket posting from some quarters is having the opposite effect to that intended: Cages are rattling.

Hallelujah!

Not giving up now.

No way.

We do seem to have a bit of an uprising in certain quarters and a few familiar 'faces,' reappearing!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Jan - 22:07

Perhaps we should have a Party, in the same way as the Police do don't do don't

Matron !!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next