Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS

+28
Krisy22
Panda
tigger
MJH1901
contrary
almostgothic
duncanmac
Keela
margaret
Karen
dutchclogs
Annabel
Lioned
quickfingers
interested
Angelique
yask27
NoStone
Roasted Arizona
maive
SteveT
Oldartform
wjk
ann_chovey
Badboy
frencheuropean
cass
AnnaEsse
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS

Post  Panda Mon 12 Dec - 16:59

I did make a complaint to the PCC when there was a lot of Press reporting about various sightings where the Press showed a picture of a Woman
suspect who turned out to have already been investigated and was innocent. Also there was the Sun caricature of a man with a gun and a little
girl meant to be Madeleine, and other information found not to be true. The PCC were very courteous and said they would investigate. A week or so
later they replied saying they did not see anything untoward but have made the Sun aware of my complaint......a lot of good that did.!!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS

Post  Guest Mon 12 Dec - 17:02

Sounds like another toothless quango, then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 12 Dec - 17:04

margaret wrote:I think it's excellent!........ think about it.

How many of the British public knew this trial was going ahead in February?? Not many....

Now many more people do and what's going to happen when Amaral wins? It's going to be plastered all over the news too.

I don't think soundbites like 'self-obsessed' and 'making money out of Madeleine' are lost on anyone by the way! McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 23324 McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 23324 McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 23324

Awful photo too, Kate looks furtive as usual.

I agree with you Margaret, thought this may have been hidden away until the outcome. Regarding the photo .. every picture tells a story as they say.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Mon 12 Dec - 17:08

For what it's worth I have sent an email to complaints@pcc.org.uk regarding the article as well.

Again will keep you informed of the non progress I make.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 12 Dec - 18:00

gillyspot wrote:For what it's worth I have sent an email to complaints@pcc.org.uk regarding the article as well.

Again will keep you informed of the non progress I make.

McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 306321 Gillyspot thank you for posting the link, I am in the process of emailing them as well, regarding the disgusting article that was written about Goncalo Amaral. I'm having a problem wording my email, I know what I would like to say, in the email, McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 157799 but it wouldn't be to my advantage.

Good luck with your complaint, I feel you'll need it and so will I, but I would sooner try and fail, than not try at all.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Mon 12 Dec - 19:34

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/12/daily-mail-madeleine-mccann-viscount-rothermere?INTCMP=SRCH

Daily Mail proprietor felt 'concern' at Madeleine McCann coverageViscount Rothermere says he is 'deeply sympathetic' to McCanns but that he stood by editor Paul Dacre

Josh Halliday guardian.co.uk, Monday 12 December 2011 18.48 GMT

Viscount Rothermere, the controlling shareholder of the Daily Mail, arrives at a parliamentary committee hearing on privacy and injunctions. Photograph: Olivia Harris/Reuters
Viscount Rothermere, the controlling shareholder of the Daily Mail, said he had a "personal concern" about his title's coverage of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 as he gave evidence to parliament on Monday.

In a rare public appearance, Rothermere told a parliamentary committee on privacy and injunctions that he was "very deeply sympathetic" to Kate and Gerry McCann but that he stood by Paul Dacre, the Daily Mail editor-in-chief, over the title's coverage of the couple's search for their daughter.

Asked by Labour MP Paul Farrelly if the Daily Mail's coverage of the McCann family gave him cause for concern, Rothermere said: "My paper writes about many things that give me personal cause for concern but I feel it's my duty to allow editors the job to edit.

"If I picked up the phone every single time I disagreed with an article then I would make their job a lot harder to do. I rely on the processes within the organisation and their obeyance of them in order to run a professional outfit."

Asked again whether he had any concerns before the McCanns sued, Rothermere said: "I am very deeply sympathetic to everything the McCanns have gone through."

Pressed by Farrelly, Rothermere admitted: "I had personal concerns, yes. I think what the McCanns went through was very difficult for them but I did not bring up the issue with Paul Dacre, if that answers your question."

The McCanns told the Leveson inquiry into press standards three weeks ago how they were subject to a string of "disgusting" and "offensive" stories after their daughter Madeleine went missing in Portugal four years ago.

Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail and formerly of the Evening Standard, made a substantial donation to the McCanns in 2008 after they sued for libel. The Daily Mail agreed to carry free adverts on behalf of the Find Madeleine campaign but refused to apologise, according to Gerry McCann. The Evening Standard agreed to publish an apology.

Rothermere, who rarely makes public appearances on behalf of the company, added that it was important for proprietors to "fiercely protect" editors of their newspapers as long as there had been "no gross dereliction" of duty. "I do not believe and the board does not believe that any of the instances you've brought up today qualify under that," he added.

Earlier, Farrelly compared Rothermere to James Murdoch, referring to the proprietor's "dispassionate replies" when pressed on standards. "I do care about standards. Standards are important," Rothermere said. "I think that your comparison to News International is unfair."
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 12 Dec - 20:26

No one putting a name to this piece from Sky.....

IMO this isn't all bad..............
Someone is playing games! this piece is just giving the good old public time to...question, think and lots of time to go off and do there own digging into this case with plently of time to spare...... why put this up 2 months befor the trial starts a couple of weeks would have been ample McCanns get court date! SKY NEWS - Page 4 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4