Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts

+25
kitti
AnnaEsse
Annabel
Lioned
pennylane
Lillyofthevalley
jeanmonroe
NoStone
margaret
Palmeras16
platinum
almostgothic
Loopdaloop
marxman
the slave
HiDeHo
dutchclogs
Claudia79
tanszi
fuzeta
Velvet
James
Carolina
Oldartform
T4two
29 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Empty Re: McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts

Post  kitti Wed 11 Jan - 14:14

The only articles mentioned were....maddie sold.....mccanns swingers etc etc......that's 2 or 3 articles out off 100+ platinum.....

The other 98 ?

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Empty Re: McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts

Post  gillyspot Wed 11 Jan - 14:18

My comment in the Independant (irish version) was shared as now are many more.

Interesting the only defamatory and abusive comment reads as follows

"I see the people who have stalked, threatened, libelled and harrassed the McCanns are on here.
You should know that a call has gone out on twitter for all these people to post negative comments against the McCanns again. It happens everytime when comments sectioned are left open unfortuantley.

Has nothing been learned from the Leveson enquiry?
Please do not allow these sorts of comments on here. It only fuels their hatred further.

These people have threatened to fire bomb the McCanns home with the twins in it. They have even threatened to abduct the twins.

Please realise these comments are part of an orchestrated hate campaign."

And it still appears. I have asked the mod to remove it as it does not comply with the rules of posting comments.

"Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or tasteless will not be approved and contributors who consistently fall below these criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments should be concise and to the point. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator's decision is final."

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/huge-plunge-in-madeleine-fund-as-donors-dry-up-2984967.html
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 16:17

I"ve just come home and scanned the Special Resolution,,,,,,is no one going to stop this couple ??????

The Company has nothing to do with searching for Madeleiene, it will be involved in teaching, making videos etc....it"s a b***dy disgrace.Why didn"t they close it down and donate what was left to another Charity for missing children instead of using it for their own ends. This is Smethurst"s idea no doubt,
can they get away with it? Remember, if they start borrowing money and go bankrupt, the Directors only pay £1 liability.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Jan - 16:24

"Calm down, dear: It's only a Scam"! McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Wed 11 Jan - 16:42

Panda wrote:I"ve just come home and scanned the Special Resolution,,,,,,is no one going to stop this couple ??????

The Company has nothing to do with searching for Madeleiene, it will be involved in teaching, making videos etc....it"s a b***dy disgrace.Why didn"t they close it down and donate what was left to another Charity for missing children instead of using it for their own ends. This is Smethurst"s idea no doubt,
can they get away with it? Remember, if they start borrowing money and go bankrupt, the Directors only pay £1 liability.

This should come as no surprise to anyone. The Find Madeleine Fund was registered and trademarked on 18 May 2007. The trademark included Class 36 Insurance (financial affairs) and Class 41 Education (provision of training). Excellent forward planning and part of Gerry's wider agenda I think.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 16:44

The End Is Nigh wrote:"Calm down, dear: It's only a Scam"! McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 25346

I know it"s a scam but they shouldn"t be allowed to get away with it, I might just write to someone in authority who would take into account all the
donations from the Public and investigate the legality of this.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 11 Jan - 16:53

Panda wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:"Calm down, dear: It's only a Scam"! McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 25346

I know it"s a scam but they shouldn"t be allowed to get away with it, I might just write to someone in authority who would take into account all the
donations from the Public and investigate the legality of this.

Panda, I was furious too when I read the terms of the fund.

Still I have to say it is exactly what I expect of these selfish, greedy, vile people!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 16:54

Palmeras16 wrote:
Panda wrote:I"ve just come home and scanned the Special Resolution,,,,,,is no one going to stop this couple ??????

This should come as no surprise to anyone. The Find Madeleine Fund was registered and trademarked on 18 May 2007. The trademark included Class 36 Insurance (financial affairs) and Class 41 Education (provision of training). Excellent forward planning and part of Gerry's wider agenda I think.

Hi Palmeras16,

When the Fund was started John McCann stated that it would be administered under the "Good Governance Guide for Charities".......surely the public
have a right to challenge this departure. Iv"e got copies of the Accounts to 31.3.2011 but never saw the M & A. It looks as though there was some
dissent among the Directors because 4 of them resigned in August 2010. Is there nothing can be done?

Last edited by Panda on Wed 11 Jan - 17:33; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Wed 11 Jan - 17:24

Given the McCanns never ending pursuit of money one could be mistaken for thinking that Madeleine's disappearance was a deliberate marketing ploy and not a consequence of random misfortune.

I notice that The Fund appears to be turning into a Foundation now.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Jan - 17:27

They have a spare bedroom they could rent out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 17:40

That is not in the best possible taste The End is Nigh McCanns Limited Fund Late Filing Accounts - Page 10 25346

I think I might just write to someone who can take action on this.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Jan - 17:43

I know, Panda, but it's a sign of how cheesed off I am about not only what they did (or didn't do, depending upon when and why Madeleine disappeared) but the emphasis on collecting and frittering money ever since.

I am truly exasperated.

Apologies if anyone is offended by my remark. Factually true but yes, it is in bad taste.

And I am not Frankie Boyle (or Katie Boyle, for that matter)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Jan - 17:46

As for taking action, it defeats me why we (especially thee) are put in a position whereby highlighting the matter should even seem necessary.

But it seems "inaction" is the "go to" mode for whatever Ant-Fraud Authorities we have got left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 11 Jan - 18:05

Palmeras16 wrote:Given the McCanns never ending pursuit of money one could be mistaken for thinking that Madeleine's disappearance was a deliberate marketing ploy and not a consequence of random misfortune.

Serious question: what were the terms and conditions before, has it seriously changed that much??

The reason l ask is, maybe they know their days are numbered and they're preparing for something else??

Don't forget too, how much money went into that fund in the last few months from the serialisation and sale of Kates diaries, can all now be used exactly how they want!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Jan - 18:08

Perhaps they are saving up for a couple of Canoes?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 18:18

I think those who contributed to the Fund have every right to question this change......the first £1million was solely from public donations. Cameron won't
do anything , maybe Theresa May? I say this because she wasn"t going to order a Review until Cameron announced it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 11 Jan - 18:20

margaret wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:Given the McCanns never ending pursuit of money one could be mistaken for thinking that Madeleine's disappearance was a deliberate marketing ploy and not a consequence of random misfortune.

Serious question: what were the terms and conditions before, has it seriously changed that much??

The reason l ask is, maybe they know their days are numbered and they're preparing for something else??Don't forget too, how much money went into that fund in the last few months from the serialisation and sale of Kates diaries, can all now be used exactly how they want!

I think this is exactly the point Margaret. They know whats coming next but so they are not fettered by the FIND Madeleine rules - they have changed them to play a different game. I still think the 'review' will come up with a - abducted probably dead - conclusion which the Mc's will reluctantly accept and then try and move on into circles of do-gooders!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 18:31

I would hazard a guess that the £300,000 paid to Halligen was "washed" and placed in an offshore account. The McCanns have probably paid off their
Mortgage now and I think this "training " thingummy is to keep Kate occupied. Gerry may still be working at Glenfields in the Research Department with
the grant provided by the British Heart Foundation ......but I don't know how long these usually last.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 11 Jan - 19:01

margaret wrote:

The reason l ask is, maybe they know their days are numbered and they're preparing for something else??

Don't forget too, how much money went into that fund in the last few months from the serialisation and sale of Kates diaries, can all now be used exactly how they want!

I have now had chance to "skim" compare the two documents (the original 2007 and the revised 2011 versions). While clauses have been renumbered and reorganised as far as I can see there is only one fundamental diffference between the two versions.

The 2007 version included the following in the objectives:

"To provide provide support, including financial assistance to Madeleine's family"

These words are absent in the 2011 version.

Bet no-one expected that!
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 19:27

Chris wrote:
margaret wrote:

I have now had chance to "skim" compare the two documents (the original 2007 and the revised 2011 versions). While clauses have been renumbered and reorganised as far as I can see there is only one fundamental diffference between the two versions.

"To provide provide support, including financial assistance to Madeleine's family"

Hi Chris, with all the money Kate made from her Book the Family are well provided for and maybe the McCanns realised there might be outrage if they
continued to take money from the Fund. So the 2007 M & A contained the clause that money could be used for traing and making videos? That's
incredible.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Wed 11 Jan - 19:43

Chris wrote:
margaret wrote:

Hi Chris, Sorry to say but supporting the family is still there it is just there under another name.

"Limitation on private benefits
2D.1 The income and property of the Foundation shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its objects
2D.2 Except as provided below no part of the income and property of the Foundation may be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of benefit to the members of the Foundation. This shall not prevent any payment in good faith by the Foundation of:
2D.2.1 any payments made to any member, Director or Connected Person in their capacity as a beneficiary,

The McCanns have just been a lot more canny in hiding it this time.

Panda as regards Good Governance - A Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector (some snipped sections)

"Principle 5

An effective board will provide good governance and leadership by behaving with integrity.

The board will:

safeguard and promote the organisation's reputation
act according to high ethical standards
identify, understand and manage conflicts of interest and loyalty
maintain independence of decision making
deliver impact that best meets the needs of beneficiaries.

Principle 6

An effective board will provide good governance and leadership by being open and accountable.

The board will lead the organisation in being open and accountable, both internally and externally. This will include:

open communications, informing people about the organisation and its work
appropriate consultation on significant changes to the organisation's services or policies
listening and responding to the views of supporters, funders, beneficiaries, service users and others with an interest in the organisation's work
handling complaints constructively, impartially and effectively
considering the organisation's responsibilities to the wider community, e.g. its environmental impact.
Why?

Making accountability real, through genuine and open two-way communication that celebrates successes and demonstrates willingness to learn from mistakes, helps to build trust and confidence with stakeholders and to demonstrate legitimacy when representing them.

Supporting material

This must include:

fully complying with any legal requirements to produce annual reports and accounts. These should present a balanced and accurate assessment of the organisation's performance
holding an annual meeting for members or other stakeholders if required by the organisation's governing document
complying with equality legislation
complying with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements concerning membership records."

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Charity_requirements_guidance/Charity_governance/Good_governance/good_gov_code.aspx
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 11 Jan - 19:56

gillyspot wrote:
Chris wrote:
margaret wrote:

Hi Chris, Sorry to say but supporting the family is still there it is just there under another name.

"Limitation on private benefits
2D.1 The income and property of the Foundation shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its objects
2D.2 Except as provided below no part of the income and property of the Foundation may be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of benefit to the members of the Foundation. This shall not prevent any payment in good faith by the Foundation of:
2D.2.1 any payments made to any member, Director or Connected Person in their capacity as a beneficiary,

The McCanns have just been a lot more canny in hiding it this time.

Panda as regards Good Governance - A Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector (some snipped sections)

"Principle 5

An effective board will provide good governance and leadership by behaving with integrity.

The board will:

safeguard and promote the organisation's reputation
act according to high ethical standards
identify, understand and manage conflicts of interest and loyalty
maintain independence of decision making
deliver impact that best meets the needs of beneficiaries.

Principle 6

An effective board will provide good governance and leadership by being open and accountable.

The board will lead the organisation in being open and accountable, both internally and externally. This will include:

open communications, informing people about the organisation and its work
appropriate consultation on significant changes to the organisation's services or policies
listening and responding to the views of supporters, funders, beneficiaries, service users and others with an interest in the organisation's work
handling complaints constructively, impartially and effectively
considering the organisation's responsibilities to the wider community, e.g. its environmental impact.
Why?

Making accountability real, through genuine and open two-way communication that celebrates successes and demonstrates willingness to learn from mistakes, helps to build trust and confidence with stakeholders and to demonstrate legitimacy when representing them.

Supporting material

This must include:

fully complying with any legal requirements to produce annual reports and accounts. These should present a balanced and accurate assessment of the organisation's performance
holding an annual meeting for members or other stakeholders if required by the organisation's governing document
complying with equality legislation
complying with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements concerning membership records."

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Charity_requirements_guidance/Charity_governance/Good_governance/good_gov_code.aspx

Clause 2D.2.1 wording was there before as Clause 5.2.1 of the Memorandum. "Beneficiary" isn't defined anywhere so in the absence of the family support clause it is difficult to see who any beneficiaries might be. My guess is the revision merely reflects the original (apart from the exclusion I have already mentioned) and the original was cobbled together from a pro forma set of Mem & Arts without too much thought.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Wed 11 Jan - 20:09

Hi Chris It seems quite clear to me.

" This shall not prevent any payment in good faith by the Foundation of:

"2D.2.1 any payments made to any member, Director or Connected Person in their capacity as a beneficiary, "

So from what I can see any Director can be a "beneficiary"

Also not the words "Limitation on private benefits" - Limitation - not NO private benefits.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jan - 20:13

Thanks gilly, John McCann also said there would be complete transparency....another lie!!1 The Full accounts should have been posted every year on the
FindMadeleine Blog for all donors to see .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 11 Jan - 20:25

gillyspot wrote:Hi Chris It seems quite clear to me.

" This shall not prevent any payment in good faith by the Foundation of:

"2D.2.1 any payments made to any member, Director or Connected Person in their capacity as a beneficiary, "

So from what I can see any Director can be a "beneficiary"

Also not the words "Limitation on private benefits" - Limitation - not NO private benefits.

I think you are looking at it from the wrong direction. 2D.1 limits application of the funds for its objectives. 2D.2 prevents payments to members except as otherwise provided by the subsequent clauses. 2D.2.1 only allows payments if members/directors are also beneficiaries but does not make them beneficiaries. No beneficiaries are now provided by the objectives.

ETA the wording is very clumsy - no-one has actually sat back and thought through whether some of the clauses are actually necessary or properly constructed to reflect the totality of the document. I mentioned earlier about the circularity in the member/director arrangements.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next