Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonçalo Amaral's books

+30
cass
comperedna
Oldartform
wjk
tanszi
pennylane
matthew
margaret
almostgothic
Carolina
marxman
AnnaEsse
MaryB
gillyspot
jay2001
Lillyofthevalley
fred
dazedandconfused
rainbow-fairy
cherry1
Claudia79
kitti
ELI
NoStone
Chris
Angelique
SteveT
jeanmonroe
LJC
Karen
34 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral's books

Post  tanszi Sat 24 Mar - 14:47

cant put it any more succinctly than thast Claudia79, thanks.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 24 Mar - 15:04

tanszi wrote:cant put it any more succinctly than thast Claudia79, thanks.

Seconded.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 24 Mar - 15:58

O.K., if this was the first case shelved in Portugese History....why spend 10 months liaising with the PJ , then all of a sudden employ a newTeam from Oporto?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 24 Mar - 16:21

Panda wrote:

O.K., if this was the first case shelved in Portugese History....why spend 10 months liaising with the PJ , then all of a sudden employ a newTeam from Oporto?

I think NoStone's reasoning on why is acceptable "It wipes the slate clean so that no one can accuse anyone else of having preconcieved ideas or corruption or influence in what went on previously. I dont see both the Oport PJ or the MET starting the investigation afresh " So that could be why.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 24 Mar - 16:55

dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:

I think NoStone's reasoning on why is acceptable "It wipes the slate clean so that no one can accuse anyone else of having preconcieved ideas or corruption or influence in what went on previously. I dont see both the Oport PJ or the MET starting the investigation afresh " So that could be why.

O.K., wipe the slate clean, fine, but it does not explain WHY after 10 months of SY time and money was it decided to bring in a new team to start all over again. A review should have brought in a new Portugese Detective Team from day one if the idea was to wipe the slate clean. Sorry, unless the SY team have found evidence of the original Police team's negligence I fail to see what the Oporto Team can do.

My guess is the SY Team HAVE found evidence of negligence which needs following up and that is why a new Portugese team has been appointed . I should think the McCanns will be well pleased with this turn of events.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 24 Mar - 17:28

Panda wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:

O.K., wipe the slate clean, fine, but it does not explain WHY after 10 months of SY time and money was it decided to bring in a new team to start all over again. A review should have brought in a new Portugese Detective Team from day one if the idea was to wipe the slate clean. Sorry, unless the SY team have found evidence of the original Police team's negligence I fail to see what the Oporto Team can do.

My guess is the SY Team HAVE found evidence of negligence which needs following up and that is why a new Portugese team has been appointed . I should think the McCanns will be well pleased with this turn of events.

But whatever SY may or may not have found it can have no bearing on what is, after all, a Portuguese police matter. They couldn't force Portuguese to do anything as it's out of their jurisdiction. There may be some political pressure to bring about a review by Oporto Team but SY couldn't make them. SY must have found plenty of evidence of negligence by Leics Police but we'll never hear of it I'm sure.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 24 Mar - 17:59

Claudia79 wrote:There is a very simple explanation for the review: there is a child missing. Let's not forget that Madeleine's was the first shelved case in my country of a missing child.

That's because they know damn fine that the child is not "missing". But they can't prove it. Yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sat 24 Mar - 18:04

Panda wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:

Panda - I thought we found out that the Oporto team had been on the case for a year, before SY in fact, or did I dream that?

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 24 Mar - 18:09

Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:

Panda - I thought we found out that the Oporto team had been on the case for a year, before SY in fact, or did I dream that?

That's right, the Oporto squad started long before NSY.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sat 24 Mar - 18:11

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 24 Mar - 18:34

So there you have it...there is NO new evidence to proceed with the opening off the case ...pj ...after one year have stated this ...and the only new evidence they are looking for his within the tapas 9.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 24 Mar - 21:21

Thanks Oldartform, as usual the Press led us to believe it was a new Team.........These are a couple of the Comments, the first one very interesting.

13/03/2012 21:24

Anonymous said... 3
DOES THE "MANDATARIA" WORK FOR "LIFT CONSULTING"?

Hi guys! This is a bit off the mark admitedly but just for the Portuguese readers/writers of this blog or indeed British citizens resident in Portugal who are in-the-know.

Who is Isabel Costa Peneiras? A woman who describes herself as "mandataria" of Gerald and Kate McCann and and writes letters for Portuguese newspapers on behalf of the usual suspects?

Is she "Lift Consulting" or someone new in the scene living off the Fund's donations?

I googled her out but nothing is popping up...

Incidentally, Ms. Peneiras reading of Amaral's interview for "Nova Gente" is absurd to the point of being laughable.

Of course the McCanns' have not frozen a single cent of Amaral's assets - if you can believe that, that is

Of course the McCanns' never asked Amaral to divorce - in order to sort out how much money they would get from the sale of their home IF they won...

Of course the McCanns never paid Metodo3 to pay Aragão-Correia to assassinate Amaral's character.

Of course the McCanns' never paid "Photoshop" Pinto for writing what he did for "Expresso" and those "Photoshop-ed" images of Leonor Cipriano "shiners" that went with it.

Of course not....pass me the bucket please, I am in "Carnage" mode...
13/03/2012 21:55

Anonymous said... 4
Its obvious that the mc canns are still being protected and will continue to be unless someone comes forward that has nothing to lose .whoever you are please talk now before you lie frightened on your deathbed and have to face your god '''
13/03/2012 22:03

Anonymous said... 5
In short, Pedro do Carmo said: "leave us alone!"
Such a lot of work and no corrections to be made.No leads.
Very good, Mr. do Carmo. We wish all of you a peaceful space in order to work well.
We can't wait!
13/03/2012 22:07

Anonymous said... 6
"PJ team of investigators from Oporto was established one year ago, working in collaboration with the British police."

You know what? This is what I think actually happened:

After consulting with Lift Cons. it was decided to bring the date back slightly as not to coincide with David Cameron's orders to the Yard.

This way the Portuguese public is reassured their authorities are not playing second fiddle to their former colonial masters (well, almost).

Cameron ordered it in early May 2011 (12th I think) now Carmo is saying they have been working on it for a year - well, 10 months to be precise. I mean who would argue about eight weeks or so?

Carmo is not lying but he is not telling the truth either. The truth would be:

"The Portuguese PJ started co-operating with the Yard as soon as they were ordered by David Cameron to do so - naturally having sworn allegiance to the Queen of England (rather than to the citizens of Portugal) we immediately obeyed and are now under Scotland Yard's/ David Cameron's orders.

So, the Portuguese wanted a re-opening of the process, we gave them a "review" - which sounds the same but is not the same. Who cares? People are gullible anyway!

Naturally, we (PJ) will ensure no incriminating evidence whatsoever against the McCanns will ever be found or at any rate mentioned in the "review" final report. We will make sure that won't happen.

We do not wish to embarass our British masters and will ensure their laundry is properly cleaned. We will burn Dr. Amaral at the stake instead. Thank you."

In other words, the review is tied up with the trial to try and reverse the appeal judges favourable ruling towards Dr. Amaral. Hopefully the judge will think:

"Oh! If the famous (and corrupt) Scotland Yard is giving it a shot that means they don't believe the child died in apartment 5A as evidence seemed to suggest. Amaral must be defaming them, then!"

Good night and good luck!
13/03/2012 22:26

Anonymous said... 7
More of the same exasperating bla,bla,bla!
In my opinion, all those diligences that were planned, but never came to be because of the premature closure of the investigation, (Mr.Amaral's and Mr. Ribeiro's) should be enough to reopen the case. Those diligences were certainly important, they need fulfilling, the reconstruction to begin with.
How can an incomplete investigation be archived and remain archived as if it has explored ALL "avenues"?!

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 24 Mar - 22:21

Panda wrote:

I said it was the first case of a MISSING CHILD shelved. It was obviously not the first case shelved in Portugal. Missing children cases aren't shelved. They are either solved or they remain open. Unless the case is called McCann, of course. Rui Pedro's case wasn't shelved for 14 years. Of course he has parents who would never allow that to happen.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 24 Mar - 22:22

Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:

No, you did not dream it.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 25 Mar - 16:49

I belive the original team may well have been getting near to the truth when Brown
intervened and got Amaral out of the picture and someone was installed who would do as he
was told possibly and Brown did some deal to get the case shelved. Amaral has always indicated
that he knew more than has been said.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 25 Mar - 17:01

cherry1 wrote:I belive the original team may well have been getting near to the truth when Brown
intervened and got Amaral out of the picture and someone was installed who would do as he
was told possibly and Brown did some deal to get the case shelved. Amaral has always indicated

Well I hope he tells the U.K,. Press if he has proof, cherry 1, he might just do that if he loses the case.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 25 Mar - 17:14

I would hope that Amaral would be talking to SY about the case.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 25 Mar - 17:35

If any UK media outlet or even worldwide would like to take a punt I will be willing to ask K & G McCann the questions that their interviewers are scared of asking on camera. It is all in the files remember (have YOU read the files?) probably not. If one of you has the guts to go with it you can sell the rights worldwide & I won't charge a penny for it. Madeleine McCann deserves the truth not spin & lies.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 25 Mar - 17:41

Panda wrote:
cherry1 wrote:I belive the original team may well have been getting near to the truth when Brown

Well I hope he tells the U.K,. Press if he has proof, cherry 1, he might just do that if he loses the case.

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 3 306321 Panda so why at this crucial time does Amaral not speak out now.....as they say "Put the cat amongst the Pigeons" I really dont believe after a year they are no nearer with evidence then they were befor, all us "nutters" know that there is loads and loads of in-consistances and we are not the Legal Authorities are we!!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 25 Mar - 18:02

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
Panda wrote:

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 3 306321 Panda so why at this crucial time does Amaral not speak out now.....as they say "Put the cat amongst the Pigeons" I really dont believe after a year they are no nearer with evidence then they were befor, all us "nutters" know that there is loads and loads of in-consistances and we are not the Legal Authorities are we!!!!
Hi Lillyof the valley, I remember when the injunction was lifted, on the same day it was announced that a well known Portugese BookStore put on sale
Amaral's Book " The English Gag" about British Government interference . That was the end of it, there was no reference to the book from Joanna Morais
or Portugese Press so I think it must have been withdrawn. As for evidence , SY remit is ti check for any possible leads the PJ might have not followed
up and that Meeting suggests the Portugese think the case will not be re-opened and that no new evidence will be found by SY.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sun 25 Mar - 18:29

Can anyone tell me who was the PJ person that ordered Goncalo to be transferred off the case and also what was the official reason given to Goncalo?

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Mon 26 Mar - 13:49

"Gonçalo Amaral, Coordinator of the Polícia Judiciária de Portimão, was dismissed this afternoon, after having criticized the police investigators who cooperate in investigations to English disappearance of Madeleine McCann, confirmed the public.

The order to halt the Commission of service was signed today by the national leadership of PJ, hours after the "Diário de Notícias" have published statements of responsibility, in which he accused British researchers are investigating "solely" what should parents of the child.

Speaking to Lusa, the national director of the PJ, Alípio Ribeiro, confirmed the end of Amaral service in PJ de Portimão, and assumed responsibility for the decision.

Gonçalo Amaral, who led the investigations since the disappearance of the child, may 3, you must return to the PJ directory Faro, said the "Expresso" online.

In statements to the "DN", the Criminal Investigation Department's coordinator of Portimão asserted that "the British police has been solely working on what they want, and you may want to" McCann.

Gonçalo Amaral reproaches English colleagues are "investigate tips and information created and worked by McCann, forgetting that the couple is suspected of killing his daughter".

The order to halt the Commission of service was signed today by the national leadership of PJ, hours after the "Diário de Notícias" have published statements of responsibility, in which he accused British researchers are investigating "solely" what should parents of the child.

Speaking to Lusa, the national director of the PJ, Alípio Ribeiro, confirmed the end of Amaral service in PJ de Portimão, and assumed responsibility for the decision.

Gonçalo Amaral, who led the investigations since the disappearance of the child, may 3, you must return to the PJ directory Faro, said the "Expresso" online.

In statements to the "DN", the Criminal Investigation Department's coordinator of Portimão asserted that "the British police has been solely working on what they want, and you may want to" McCann.

Gonçalo Amaral reproaches English colleagues are "investigate tips and information created and worked by McCann, forgetting that the couple is suspected of killing his daughter".

The officer said a news published yesterday in several British newspapers, giving anonymous e-mail account sent to the official website of Prince Charles who accuses a ex-empregada of The Ocean Club, where venture disappeared children of four years of having abducted the girl for vengeance.

Gonçalo Amaral said that such information does not "have any credibility for the Portuguese police", being "completely abandoned".

This very afternoon, confronted by journalists, the Minister of Justice Alberto Costa, assured that there is a "fruitful cooperation" between the PJ and British researchers, stressing that the Portuguese side everything would be done to maintain the good relationship. "We need to focus on work and not on the comment," he added.

http://www.publico.pt/Sociedade/maddie-coordenador-da-pj-de-portimao-demitido-apos-criticas-a-policia-inglesa_1306369
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Mon 26 Mar - 14:03

Thank you Gillyspot. Seems Ribeiro (Portugal`s most senior police officer) needs investigating if he took Goncalo off the case merely for making a very valid criticism. Amazing.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 26 Mar - 14:06

I thought the suspicion was simply concealment of a body following accidental death?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 26 Mar - 14:22

It's semantics, really: If the "accident" were foreseeable and avoidable (eg Increased risk due to negligent childcare arrangements) then that becomes a "misadventure" in UK parlance. In such circumstances, a death might be seen as culpable and the word "killing" (given a little licence for translation and for differing terminology/usage perhaps) is a reasonable one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next