Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonçalo Amaral's books

+30
cass
comperedna
Oldartform
wjk
tanszi
pennylane
matthew
margaret
almostgothic
Carolina
marxman
AnnaEsse
MaryB
gillyspot
jay2001
Lillyofthevalley
fred
dazedandconfused
rainbow-fairy
cherry1
Claudia79
kitti
ELI
NoStone
Chris
Angelique
SteveT
jeanmonroe
LJC
Karen
34 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral's books

Post  Panda Mon 26 Mar - 15:46

Apparently it was Ribiero who turned a blind eye to the McCanns employing Metodo 3 .

The translation is not very good but it appears Amaral was critical of the English Police taking over the investigation in Portugal.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Mon 26 Mar - 19:00

Panda wrote:

Apparently it was Ribiero who turned a blind eye to the McCanns employing Metodo 3 .

The translation is not very good but it appears Amaral was critical of the English Police taking over the investigation in Portugal.

Apparently GA was critical of the British Police because they were only following leads spouted by the McCanns and one day he said something to that affect to a journalist, supposedly off the record. The then Minister of Justice Alberto Costa backed the decision to take him off the case (I suppose because it might upset the McCanns and/or the British. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 477442 ).
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 26 Mar - 21:34

if i was Dr G Amaral i would be upset too. not that the english were taking over but that they were only following up what the McCs wanted. Gosh id be more than upset. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Mon 26 Mar - 21:48

I agree. Amaral was in charge of the investigation but could see it derailed by Leicestershire Police force who were trying to help the McCanns more than is seemly from a professional police force.

As a matter of interest the PJ wanted Jez Wilkins asked if he heard any shutters opened but PC1485 Messiah seemingly forgot to ask that question whilst getting oh so pally with all the witnesses (and suspects).
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 28 Mar - 14:10

Today's the day the books had to be returned by - anyone heard if they have?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 28 Mar - 14:15

Oldartform wrote:Update on the books restitution:

Update on March 23, 2012
The mandatary and lawyer of the McCann couple, Isabel Duarte, has until the 29th of this month to return the books; the 10 days deadline are not consecutive and are measured as working days. Meanwhile, the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by the First Instance Civil Court of Lisbon, has been trying to delay the restitution of the books to its rightful owners as ordered by the Supreme Court of Justice alleging that the Court of Appeals judgement did not transit in rem judicatam [unappealable decision/final ruling].

23/03/2012 12:37

Just bumping this as it's tomorrow dazed.

I expect they're giftwrapping them as we type. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 294124
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Mar - 14:34

"Ashes to Ashes ........"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Mar - 14:38

margaret wrote:

Update on March 23, 2012
The mandatary and lawyer of the McCann couple, Isabel Duarte, has until the 29th of this month to return the books; the 10 days deadline are not consecutive and are measured as working days. Meanwhile, the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by the First Instance Civil Court of Lisbon, has been trying to delay the restitution of the books to its rightful owners as ordered by the Supreme Court of Justice alleging that the Court of Appeals judgement did not transit in rem judicatam [unappealable decision/final ruling].

I expect they're giftwrapping them as we type. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 294124

More likely running around in a blind panic through all the second hand shops, car boot sales and Ebay.pt

eta looks like I was right, not a copy on Ebay to be had, except a German one that they must have missed Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 23324

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.pt/MADDIE--Die-Wahrheit-ber-die-Lge-von-Goncalo-Amaral/380371923602/item

Last edited by Iris on Wed 28 Mar - 14:46; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 28 Mar - 14:40

The End Is Nigh wrote:"Ashes to Ashes ........"

Dust jacket to dust.
If Duarte don't deliver,
Then a five-stretch is a must.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  rainbow-fairy Wed 28 Mar - 14:43

almostgothic wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:"Ashes to Ashes ........"

Dust jacket to dust.
If Duarte don't deliver,
Then a five-stretch is a must.
Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 944533
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 28 Mar - 15:35

margaret wrote:

Update on March 23, 2012

Oh, I'm a day ahead of myself. Hope they don't run out of sellotape as they're frantically wrapping them all.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 28 Mar - 16:21

dazedandconfused wrote:
margaret wrote:

Update on March 23, 2012

Oh, I'm a day ahead of myself. Hope they don't run out of sellotape as they're frantically wrapping them all.
me too Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 25346 thought it was today . i hope that we hear something , uk news wont report though
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 28 Mar - 16:25

I don't think we will here anything either here in Portugal.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 28 Mar - 16:42

Uh oh! One day to go! Round'em up officer! Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 294124
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 28 Mar - 18:25

Tick tock tick tock Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 25346
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Mar - 18:48

Well this forthcoming event is going to be second only to the Cricket tomorrow morning.

Can't wait.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Mar - 18:53

I do hope that it doesn't turn out that absolutley nothing happens at all tomorrow. I don't think I could stand the anticlimax. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 28 Mar - 19:37

Iris wrote:I do hope that it doesn't turn out that absolutley nothing happens at all tomorrow. I don't think I could stand the anticlimax. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 294124

I think that is exactly what will happen tomorrow..... a big fat nothing. The books won't be returned, and the Mccanns will have no court case against them, the 'teflon duo' are untouchable!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 28 Mar - 19:49

fred wrote:
Iris wrote:I do hope that it doesn't turn out that absolutley nothing happens at all tomorrow. I don't think I could stand the anticlimax. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 294124

I think that is exactly what will happen tomorrow..... a big fat nothing. The books won't be returned, and the Mccanns will have no court case against them, the 'teflon duo' are untouchable!!

I don't think they can get away with flouting a Court ruling even though Duarte the Poison Dwarf thinks she can . Have we calcuted it properly, 10 working days from the Ruling.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 28 Mar - 19:58

Absolutelyl nothing is going to happen. They aren't bothered about returning the books. They haven't returned them so far. And nothing has happened to them. They left three children under four alone in an apartment. One disappeared. They were not held responsible. So I hardly think they're going to be hauled over the coals for a few books.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 28 Mar - 19:58

Yes, Panda, it's tomorrow, but honestly I'm not holding my breath at all.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 28 Mar - 20:26

Hi MaryB & fred. I know I'm quite sceptical about a lot of the theories here but this time I am certain the Books will be handed over , secretly. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 4 294124

As I say, the McCanns and Duarte have apparently made the excuse that they were holding on to them in the event the McCanns win their case
against Amaral in which case the Books would be the subject of another injunction. However, until such time as the Trial is held, the Publisher has every right to sell the Books and has lost a substantial sum as a result of the books not being returned. In fact, I cannot understand why the Publisher did
not seek a Court Order earlier, it's been several months since the injunction was lifted.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 28 Mar - 20:42

Didn't Dizzy Duarte say that she wouldn't return the books and that she would burn them first, or was that a forum myth???
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Wed 28 Mar - 20:45

If they're allowed to flout the law and never suffer the consequences it just beggars belief. How can they be above the law, unless as Panda says it could happen in secret. AFAIK there's been nothing in the Portuguese press either. Unbelievable!

What with this and the love-fest at Leveson I could scream. If Baggott says the DNA was not found in the car and the Express had to fork out, why haven't they sued Sky? Too involved with Murkdoch.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 28 Mar - 20:49

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Didn't Dizzy Duarte say that she wouldn't return the books and that she would burn them first, or was that a forum myth???

Hi Lillyofthevalley.......Duarte might have said it but as a Lawyer would know she had no right to burn the Books, even the McCanns would have realised
she would be in Contempt . Apparently they have been stored in Portugal, pending the outcome of the upcoming Trial.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next