Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

+55
fedrules
margaret
almostgothic
tanszi
ELI
marxman
welshy
steve1295
Loopdaloop
Alpine Aster
interested
keepingmum
Wintabells
Claudia79
dazedandconfused
comperedna
kitti
Annabel
Panda
pennylane
mahlersghost
Oldartform
chrissie
frencheuropean
devonmum
Justiceforallkids
Chris
HiDeHo
mumbles
duncanmac
quickfingers
tigger
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
Angelique
jd16
matthew
ann_chovey
Bobsy
nospinnaker
mara thon
Fern
cherry1
jeanmonroe
pamalam
the slave
gillyspot
fred
NoStone
tabs
jay2001
SteveT
flower
MaryB
ShabbyTiger
59 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  gillyspot Sat 21 Apr - 20:02

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:So it's neither Mills nor the odious Jeremy Vine who's doing this programme. That is at least one good thing.

Iris, I still think Redwood should not be discussing the case on T.V. and wonder whose idea this was....my guess is CM and his contacts. If he says
just one biased statement in favour of the McCanns I will be writing to Theresa May.....Iv'e got a bad feeling about this, on the day Madeleine
disappeared 5 years ago, are we going to be treated to the usual fawning interviews or unbiased interviewing,? . Dont' be surprised if Kate gets to plug her book for sale on 10th May

I too will be writing to the Home Office if Redwood doesn't show impartiality and also writing to the BBC if the programme is as biased and non evidential as the last one. BTW my comment still remains on the page so fingers xed perhaps the BBC are letting us who have actually read the files speak our thoughts.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  jay2001 Sat 21 Apr - 21:09

Iris - were you asking me about the BBC apology? Can't do links but if you google bbc east midlands mccann you'll get the stories.

The lie was in the Jan 2010 local news covering the libel hearing in Lisbon and the pathetic response took 12 months and just said that the complaint was upheld. AFAIK no apology has ever been issued to Dr Amaral and the tabloids that took great delight in reporting the blatant lie have never retracted their bilious crap.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 21 Apr - 21:22

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 21 Apr - 22:59

I too like the use of the word adamant!

That does indeed lead the reader to question whether their perspective is a fact or not!

The other thing like is the title as it is truely a double meaning also!

'THE LAST HOPE'

For them.... and for us.....

My hope is that this is similar to the 'Stephen Lawrence' panorama which was broadcast before the convictions.
My hope is that Scotland Yard also continue their role at uncovering the truth, like they did with Stephen Lawrence.
My hope is that SY and the Portugese are working together like how the British helped Portugal develop the case against the Mccanns.
My hope is that Pat Brown makes an appearance somewhere!

Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Sat 21 Apr - 23:30

I suppose it is too much to ask that they will just give the facts and allow viewers to make up their own minds

that is all I want

One program to just report all the facts without all the spin

Let people know what happened

That the 'fund' is not a charity

That they made two timelines on the back of Maddie's book

That they could not see the apartment from where they were sitting

That the dogs alerted to only 5A

That they have spent more fund money on legal costs than on searching for Maddie

That there is no evidence whatsoever of an abduction - other than a child is missing

I would hope that Maddie five years on deserves this at least

Jesus nearly five years on - it makes me weep that the ONLY person who should matter is still forgotten in all this

Surely Maddie deserves some kind of justice Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 782309

that said I expect this will be another whitewash - nobody in the British media has the backbone to go against the grain Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 36898

tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 22 Apr - 0:05

The word 'adamant' was interesting to me at first but on reflection I hate to say that I think this is a set up now. The transcript Tigger posted up, the false propaganda stories in the press this week, 5th anniversary etc is all gearing to one conclusion...total pro maccann. And thinking about it today, why would at this point in time there be a programme anti mccann and even a slightest suggestion of the truth. The powers are pushing hard for total pro mccann and this 'programme' I am expecting to be nothing less. They are asking the question with the full intention of really totally dismissing it thus making it look like the mccanns are innocent. It is a classic set up

We all know the BBC are the governments mouth piece

To get the truth exposed this a war and this so called programme is a battle we have to take and fight against...which for my part I certainly will be right to the bitter end. Don't be disappointed by the programme, its only their attack to defend against the truth
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 22 Apr - 0:09

I mean - I hope for the best but fear the worst. Kate said she would be updating us on the review in her new book and here we are with Redwood lined up to corroborate what she says - is he?

I mean - Is 'The Last Hope' to be a spin that will say - we stand the best chance of solving this case now we are linking up with the PJ (but if we dont solve it now then nobody will and you might as well all go home - draw a veil over it and move-on)!???? If this is the case then the programme should be titled 'The Last Chance' (Madeleine's Last Chance).

I mean - Is someone preparing to attempt to draw a line in the sand I wonder?? Do people realise that we have not come this far just to give up any hope? - and in any case its not just about the people that doubt the abduction thesis - there is the serious business of securing justice for a girl who was 3 years old when she disappeared? That's still at the heart of it all.

Whilst it is unresolved - case closed or whatever - even after a review report is published - it will always remain an unsolved case but there will always be HOPE that the truth will out one day and justice be done. I mean - IMO!!

NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 22 Apr - 0:18

They can do whatever they like to try and put this scam to bed......However, they are seriously misguided if they think they will achieve this. They totally underestimate the power of the people who are fighting for justice for Maddie and for the truth exposed. Let them do so at their peril
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 0:23

I have a feeling that the McCanns know they are home and dry . It will be interesting to hear what Redwood has to say, very unusual for a serving
Officer to appear on T.V. with regard to an ongoing review.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 22 Apr - 0:35

Panda wrote:
I have a feeling that the McCanns know they are home and dry . It will be interesting to hear what Redwood has to say, very unusual for a serving
Officer to appear on T.V. with regard to an ongoing review

In this scam they have always been a law upon themselves. So be it. We will fight them and expose them, they are the ones that should in reality be worried
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 0:37

I kind of thought that - does "the last hope" signify that a line is drawn, that's it and it's not going to be discussed anymore? Ever? The McCanns are completely innocent of everything and we should all just accept it and shut up and go home?

Surely they can't be so naive as to think that that's gonna happen?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 22 Apr - 0:44

Iris wrote:I kind of thought that - does "the last hope" signify that a line is drawn, that's it and it's not going to be discussed anymore? Ever? The McCanns are completely innocent of everything and we should all just accept it and shut up and go home?

Surely they can't be so naive as to think that that's gonna happen?

Nobody can ever shut up just by reading their statements alone...The true FACTS are out there...and will never go away
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 1:01

If Redwood is there to cofirm the Review is completed and no fresh evidence has been found, we are back to stalemate only this time I think the Press too will draw the line and move on. If we are not being fed any info what is there to discuss or fight for. ? It looks as though the same Guy who did the
previous age progression picture has done this, the article mentions "American". Did the Fund pay for this.? We will all be glued to our T.V.'s watching the Panorama and discussing it afterwards, hope it meets our expectations, but somehow I doubt it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Sun 22 Apr - 1:13

I was thinking that maybe the lead SY investigator has to go on BBC to talk about the investigation, what they did, etc, to justify the millions spent on this review.. After all, it's money from tax payers so they have to explain that kind of stuff..
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 1:31

maive wrote:
I was thinking that maybe the lead SY investigator has to go on BBC to talk about the investigation, what they did, etc, to justify the millions spent on this review.. After all, it's money from tax payers so they have to explain that kind of stuff..

Morning maive, yes, if no evidence is found of PJ incompetence as the McCanns kept reminding us, Cameron will have his backbenchers villifying him
for the waste of money. He might be using Redmond to announce the result and SY will gain Kudos for once , the PJ will be exonerated and proved they
were not incompetent, and the case will be closed. The Mccanns will have egg on their faces, justifiably , but not be too worried because they have made their fortune and everybody's happy.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Sun 22 Apr - 2:52

Good morning Panda! (athough it is 7h11pm here Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 294124 )

You could be right..

But you know what? It doesn't matter what I think, what we think, what really happened, what we do know happened, what we see, what we have read in those files... What matters is what you can prove in a court of law. And the fact is there is not enough evidence to support that case in a court of law. I have NO doubt whatsoever that Madeleine is dead and that her parents concealed her body. However, proving that in a court of law is a completely different thing.. Especially when it's a high profile case. We just have to think about those cases, OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, JonBenet Ramsey, Nathalie Wood, and many more.. When it's high profile, it's always harder for the prosecution, the burden of proof has to be irrefutable.

For me, there is enough evidence (to stand in a court of law) to prosecute the McCanns for manslaughter/negligeance, because after all, even their abduction theory confirms that fact. Madeleine was harmed (abducted/killed) as a result of the McCanns behavior/negligeance. So at the least they are gulty for that: they allowed Madeleine to be abducted. The manslaughter/negligeance charges are, IMO, the only ones that can be proved in a court of law with the evidence that we (the public) have. But nothing happened on that side, certainly because we don't have a body.

Sometimes I have hope that their phones were put under surveillance right after their return to UK, in 2007, and that they have plenty of evidence, that the Tapas 7 have talked, and that the case is wrapped, ready for the prosecution.. It happens, sometimes influencial people get caught. But the burden of proof has to be really strong to stand up against a team of well-paid criminal defence lawyers..

Anyway, we'll see Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Icon_flower
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 4:09

maive wrote: Good morning Panda! (athough it is 7h11pm here Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 294124 )

You could be right..

But you know what? It doesn't matter what I think, what we think, what really happened, what we do know happened, what we see, what we have read in those files... What matters is what you can prove in a court of law. And the fact is there is not enough evidence to support that case in a court of law. I have NO doubt whatsoever that Madeleine is dead and that her parents concealed her body. However, proving that in a court of law is a completely different thing.. Especially when it's a high profile case. We just have to think about those cases, OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, JonBenet Ramsey, Nathalie Wood, and many more.. When it's high profile, it's always harder for the prosecution, the burden of proof has to be irrefutable.

For me, there is enough evidence (to stand in a court of law) to prosecute the McCanns for manslaughter/negligeance, because after all, even their abduction theory confirms that fact. Madeleine was harmed (abducted/killed) as a result of the McCanns behavior/negligeance. So at the least they are gulty for that: they allowed Madeleine to be abducted. The manslaughter/negligeance charges are, IMO, the only ones that can be proved in a court of law with the evidence that we (the public) have. But nothing happened on that side..

Sometimes I have hope that their phones were put under surveillance right after their return to UK, in 2007, and that they have plenty of evidence, that the Tapas 7 have talked, and that the case is wrapped, ready for the prosecution.. It happens, sometimes influencial people get caught. But the burden of proof has to be really strong to stand up against a team of well-paid criminal defence lawyers..

Anyway, we'll see Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 Icon_flower

Hi maive, I was trying to think where you could be ....I presume 7pm refers to Yesterday for you which puts you 9 hrs behind us in the U.K., come on,
give us a clue Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 294124

Yes, I think this is definitely game over because of Politicial reasons as well as practical. For some reason the McCanns received preferential treatment
from day 1 , the Portugese Police had never had to deal before with Ambassadors, hordes of U.K. Press, Worldwide attention etc and allowed the McCanns to dictate the whole charade, even to refusal to attend a recon. The PJ will close the case as soon as this review is over and try to get back to some kind of normality , plus of course not have to spend any more money on the case. The McCanns have cost them about E4 million which is
ironic when you think about it when the Mccanns have probably made that much.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 22 Apr - 9:25

jd16 wrote:The word 'adamant' was interesting to me at first but on reflection I hate to say that I think this is a set up now. The transcript Tigger posted up, the false propaganda stories in the press this week, 5th anniversary etc is all gearing to one conclusion...total pro maccann. And thinking about it today, why would at this point in time there be a programme anti mccann and even a slightest suggestion of the truth. The powers are pushing hard for total pro mccann and this 'programme' I am expecting to be nothing less. They are asking the question with the full intention of really totally dismissing it thus making it look like the mccanns are innocent. It is a classic set up

We all know the BBC are the governments mouth piece

To get the truth exposed this a war and this so called programme is a battle we have to take and fight against...which for my part I certainly will be right to the bitter end. Don't be disappointed by the programme, its only their attack to defend against the truth

I'm thinking along the same lines. If only us pesky pitchforkers would just shut up, they really would be home and dry.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 22 Apr - 9:42

Loopdaloop wrote:I too like the use of the word adamant!

That does indeed lead the reader to question whether their perspective is a fact or not!

The other thing like is the title as it is truely a double meaning also!

'THE LAST HOPE'

For them.... and for us.....

My hope is that this is similar to the 'Stephen Lawrence' panorama which was broadcast before the convictions.
My hope is that Scotland Yard also continue their role at uncovering the truth, like they did with Stephen Lawrence.
My hope is that SY and the Portugese are working together like how the British helped Portugal develop the case against the Mccanns.
My hope is that Pat Brown makes an appearance somewhere!

The title is very strange, I think, in connection with a missing child. 'Last hope' for who or what? Surely not the last hope for Madeleine's parents? And not for the police to solve the case because such cases get solved many years after the event.

There are families who are still hoping decades later. Moira Anderson, aged 11, disappeared in my home town in 1957. In 2009, the Scottish Daily Record reported that a grave at a local cemetery might be exhumed, that there could be a body under the coffin of a person who was buried three weeks after Moira disappeared. (That brings up possibilities in Madeleine's case)

Moira's sisters never gave up hope. Five decades after she disappeared, they retained hope. Moira's parents grieved every day of their lives.

Speaking from her home in Australia, Janet Hart, 64, said: "I really hope that this brings the closure so denied to us for 51 years.

"It's not too much to ask that my little sister, Moira, have her final resting place not in an unmarked grave, or in someone else's grave, but with her loving parents who grieved for their lost daughter daily, until they too were laid to rest.

"I have hopes that Scottish justice will prevail, too late for Moira's murderer to be charged, but for Moira to be found and placed with her parents."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/02/23/exclusive-family-of-missing-schoolgirl-moira-anderson-ask-for-grave-to-be-re-opened-on-52nd-anniversary-of-her-disappearance-86908-21145615/
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 22 Apr - 11:04

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/qhtrd/panorama--madeleine-the-last-hope---panorama

Comments have not been whooshed and are still going strong! Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 22 Apr - 11:29

pennylane wrote:http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/qhtrd/panorama--madeleine-the-last-hope---panorama

Comments have not been whooshed and are still going strong! Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 944533

Indeed. I am wondering if the poster calling himself Paul Castello has pink as his favourite colour, some very familiar phrases he is throwing about.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 11:31

I've just had a look on there and it certainly seems to be hotting up! I wonder how long it'll last now Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 22 Apr - 11:34

Iris wrote:I've just had a look on there and it certainly seems to be hotting up! I wonder how long it'll last now Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 23324

At a guess? Not long.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 11:40

mumbles wrote:
Iris wrote:I've just had a look on there and it certainly seems to be hotting up! I wonder how long it'll last now Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 23324

At a guess? Not long.

especially now that dr David Payne has put "Google Gaspar Statements" and it's got 4 likes! Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 5 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 11:42

Who is Paul Castello?

Seems to be talking unsubstantiated and contrary drivel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next