Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

+55
fedrules
margaret
almostgothic
tanszi
ELI
marxman
welshy
steve1295
Loopdaloop
Alpine Aster
interested
keepingmum
Wintabells
Claudia79
dazedandconfused
comperedna
kitti
Annabel
Panda
pennylane
mahlersghost
Oldartform
chrissie
frencheuropean
devonmum
Justiceforallkids
Chris
HiDeHo
mumbles
duncanmac
quickfingers
tigger
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
Angelique
jd16
matthew
ann_chovey
Bobsy
nospinnaker
mara thon
Fern
cherry1
jeanmonroe
pamalam
the slave
gillyspot
fred
NoStone
tabs
jay2001
SteveT
flower
MaryB
ShabbyTiger
59 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 11:44

The End Is Nigh wrote:Who is Paul Castello?

Seems to be talking unsubstantiated and contrary drivel.

Probably Mister Pink. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 23324 He'll be getting double time seeing as it's a Sunday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 22 Apr - 11:47

Is it Media Monitoring's day off? I'm surprised that the comments are lingering for all to see but no doubt they will soon be whooshed.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 11:47

The End Is Nigh wrote:Who is Paul Castello?

Seems to be talking unsubstantiated and contrary drivel.

Sounds like a run of the mill pro McCann supporter to me, the likes of whom honour us with a visit occasionally!

I do like your constantly changing avatars, The End Is Nigh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 11:51

Well we need a bit of light relief sometimes, NBY!

I see somebody called "Panda" has just commented .............. I wonder ...............
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 22 Apr - 11:53

dazedandconfused wrote:Is it Media Monitoring's day off? I'm surprised that the comments are lingering for all to see but no doubt they will soon be whooshed.

It is Sunday, they are all at mass Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 25346
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 11:59

mossman wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:Is it Media Monitoring's day off? I'm surprised that the comments are lingering for all to see but no doubt they will soon be whooshed.

It is Sunday, they are all at mass Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 25346

What, even the ones who have never been before?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 22 Apr - 12:05

I agree with 'jd' about the fact that Redwood is appearing on this Panorma documentary. How , if the Review is still on-going can this be correct. Other members on here with experience of Police procedures have stated that SY don't make comments about their investigation.

So what I am thinking is this: Has the Review has reached a stage where 'files' have been accessed that were not accessed before? Has TM been able to see the withheld files if there really were any? Do they now have sight of the 'stand alone evidence' mentioned by GA and if so, have Carter Ruck advised TM all is refutable?

So now we have a Panorama documentary setting out what? The official Complete Whitewash.

I can't see Police procedure changing ie. a lead investigator appearing on television within a programme while a Review is in progress which could cause a possible breakdown in impartial procedures. Unless it is going to be supportive to TM. Then it won't matter. It is never going to be properly investigated.

I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by Angelique on Sun 22 Apr - 12:06; edited 1 time in total
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 22 Apr - 12:06

The End Is Nigh wrote:
mossman wrote:

What, even the ones who have never been before?

Yes, it is a relatively new syndrome, diagnosed almost five years ago now. Symptoms include a sudden urge to talk to a priest, multiple visits to a church whereby you leave absolutely glowing regardless of what tragedy you may have only recently experienced, an urgent need to have keys for a church and dellusional thoughts whereby you think the whole of Rome is waiting in anticipation of you visiting the City.

It is a strange one, but it has been proven to exist.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 22 Apr - 12:09

I'll be happier when they're at critical mass ... Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sun 22 Apr - 12:35

Well, Andy Redwood is hardly going to say on Panorama that the McCanns are still suspects and he`s hardly going to diss anything about the Tapas lot. He`d be out of a job immediately. Unless there are going to be dawn raids and arrests made before the programme goes out.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Apr - 12:39

What he says will be Procedural only.

It cannot be otherwise.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 12:50

Oldartform wrote:Well, Andy Redwood is hardly going to say on Panorama that the McCanns are still suspects and he`s hardly going to diss anything about the Tapas lot. He`d be out of a job immediately. Unless there are going to be dawn raids and arrests made before the programme goes out.

I hope he says the Review is over, no evidence of leads not checked out and the case will be closed by the PJ and Leicester Police. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 294124

P.S. Iv'e been watching the marathon , no sign of Gerry and Kate running with a Tabard on saying "Plese donate to Madeleine Fund." Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 23324

I am full of admiration for all these people running for a good cause.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 22 Apr - 12:57

This case should never be over until those responsible are brought to task and justice served for a 3 year old child.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 22 Apr - 12:58

One of the comments:

Eli

Timing is all important and being able to seize opportunities at the right moment is crucial to the success of anything. In 2007 the internet was still in its infancy and a relatively new place for many people and cyber space was a new frontier that was almost as daunting as the computer itself. The British government at the time promoted the use of this technology, subsidising and encouraging every household to get a computer and go online. Had Madeleine gone missing a couple of years earlier the whole dynamics of the McCann’s campaign would have been so different. The timing was perfect to use the internet as a platform to reach the general public and bring people together with a common purpose. Madeleine had touched the hearts of millions around the world, young and old, rich and poor and from all walks of life, almost everyone wanted to help. The internet proved to be a useful campaigning tool which motivated people to become involved and even group together, though there was a flipside to it which I don’t believe anyone anticipated. Communication via the internet pushes the boundaries we can explore. Our inquisitive nature is driven by curiosity, that emotion, the desire for new information and experiences, once aroused drives us to look for answers. The tragic story of Madeleine's disappearance is discussed globally by users of the World Wide Web on internet social media sites and it’s apparent that there are two camps, one which seems to accept the reports given by the McCann’s and their family and friends without question and another which challenged those reports. Curiously even in the early stages of the investigation it soon became apparent that to question or show any kind of disapproval with the McCann’s actions or state any differences of opinion regarding their account of the events was seen by some as more than just questioning and expressing concerns. It was as though it was seen as dissent or non conformism which had to be suppressed.

Someone once said the truth is more important than facts and it is becoming clearer by the day that facts in this case were few and far between. Right from the onset many of the reports emanating from both Portugal and Britain just didn’t marry up. It was almost as though two different versions of events were being told. Whether or not this was just poor journalism or a deliberate attempt from one or both sides to mislead the public is a question we may never truly know. I think it’s only fair to say that in most cases it is not unusual for there to be some variation in the accounts made, however many of these reports did appear to have been direct quotes of statements made to the media. These though were more than just simply conflicting reports, they contained crucial pieces of information which were detrimental to understanding what had actually occurred directly before and after Madeleine was reported to have gone missing. How it was possible that people so closely connected to the case were reporting conflicting stories was something that seems to be pushed to the back of many people’s minds. The emphasis was clearly focussed on Madeleine having been abducted and the anguish this had caused her family. In the early stages and to this day it isn't clear which reports are just sensationalism and drama and what is in fact the truth.

What is certain though is that there was continued criticism about Portugal and their Police force. The image being portrayed by certain people associated with the McCann family was one of a third world country with a blundering police force that didn’t seem to have a clue what they were doing. This image was quickly picked up on by many people who believed the McCann’s were somehow the victims of a lacking police force. The Portuguese police however were in fact doing exactly what any other police force would have done in those circumstances and that is to not only consider abduction as the only possible scenario but to also examine other possible alternatives. Anyone would have known beforehand that it is in fact normal police procedure to always look at the closest people connected to the victim and that includes parents. Of course we’ve already been told this was a blundering third world police force that had made numerous mistakes, so if you believed that, it would be no surprise then for them to get things wrong by suspecting something other than abduction happened. Considering figures show that Portugal had one of the lowest crime rates in Europe and that the Polcia Judiciaria are broadly equivalent to Britain’s very own Scotland Yard with detection rates only slightly below Britain, this really does make people wonder what exactly is going on.

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 22 Apr - 13:16

Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:Well, Andy Redwood is hardly going to say on Panorama that the McCanns are still suspects and he`s hardly going to diss anything about the Tapas lot. He`d be out of a job immediately. Unless there are going to be dawn raids and arrests made before the programme goes out.

I hope he says the Review is over, no evidence of leads not checked out and the case will be closed by the PJ and Leicester Police. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 294124

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 306321 Panda, I'm a bit slow today Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 847843
Why do you hope he says that the case will be closed?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 22 Apr - 13:34

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 306321 Panda, I'm a bit slow today Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 847843

I think panda is stating that she wants the PJ treatment of the case to be proven as the right way to do things. IMO having seen the files they did the best they could but Leicestershire Police have a case to answer regarding their behaviour.

Personally I want the review not to be completed but for the PJ to have a reason to fully reopen the case & the guilty parties given the justice that they deserve.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 13:35

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi wjk, Portugal is in dire straits economically and if the case is closed they will not have to spend any more chasing up these stupid leads. There is
nothing to stop the McCanns spending their own money employing EXPERIENCED Detectives to continue the search for Madeleine. They have a website to receive information on any future sightings and have enough money to pay for any searches. Similarly the U.K. have spent almost £6 million between LP and Scotland Yard and enough is enough. After almost 5 years there is not one feasible sighting . If SY considered it was beneficial to have a recon, that would be enough to prove the Tapas group lied, and if the Forensic evidence could be used it would it could all start to unravel for the McCanns, but I doubt that will happen. , There have been many missing children who have never been found sadly and the McCanns have enjoyed preferential treatment for too long, especially since they are benefitting financially.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 22 Apr - 14:24

mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/qhtrd/panorama--madeleine-the-last-hope---panorama

Comments have not been whooshed and are still going strong! Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 944533

Indeed. I am wondering if the poster calling himself Paul Castello has pink as his favourite colour, some very familiar phrases he is throwing about.

Fever pitch. 86 comments now, and really getting down to the nitty gritty.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 22 Apr - 14:32

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi wjk, Portugal is in dire straits economically and if the case is closed they will not have to spend any more chasing up these stupid leads. There is
nothing to stop the McCanns spending their own money employing EXPERIENCED Detectives to continue the search for Madeleine. They have a website to receive information on any future sightings and have enough money to pay for any searches. Similarly the U.K. have spent almost £6 million between LP and Scotland Yard and enough is enough. After almost 5 years there is not one feasible sighting . If SY considered it was beneficial to have a recon, that would be enough to prove the Tapas group lied, and if the Forensic evidence could be used it would it could all start to unravel for the McCanns, but I doubt that will happen. , There have been many missing children who have never been found sadly and the McCanns have enjoyed preferential treatment for too long, especially since they are benefitting financially.
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 944533 thanks Panda, I see what you mean.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 22 Apr - 14:43

Can't argue the fact that more money has been spent on this one child than any other... but she is still a 'missing child' and as such, the case should never be closed... and I don't believe such cases ever are.

Rightly so. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 944533
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 22 Apr - 14:52

Checking the comments is a full time job today! Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 645452

Whoever the persistent pro is, it can't be Clarrie. This man can string enough words together to make a proper sentence. He is admirably clear and almost comes across a a professional PR with considerable experience.
Admire his clean style - perfect English grammar, just not the content.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 22 Apr - 15:06

tigger wrote:Checking the comments is a full time job today! Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 6 645452

Whoever the persistent pro is, it can't be Clarrie. This man can string enough words together to make a proper sentence. He is admirably clear and almost comes across a a professional PR with considerable experience.
Admire his clean style - perfect English grammar, just not the content.

Quite unusual tigger. A change from the semi-literate supporters we are used to, the kind of people I would hope not to have on my side if I were ever in trouble!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 22 Apr - 15:13

mumbles wrote:Can't argue the fact that more money has been spent on this one child than any other... but she is still a 'missing child' and as such, the case should never be closed... and I don't believe such cases ever are.

The case won't be closed, just like the Rui Pedro is still open, even though everyone knows Mario Dias is as guilty as shit.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 15:22

fred wrote:
mumbles wrote:Can't argue the fact that more money has been spent on this one child than any other... but she is still a 'missing child' and as such, the case should never be closed... and I don't believe such cases ever are.

The case won't be closed, just like the Rui Pedro is still open, even though everyone knows Mario Dias is as guilty as shit.

The PJ said for a long time they would not open the case unless some new evidence is found, this "sighting" came from Spain and the Portugese were quick to say it was not true that the were investigating. By closed , I meant they will stick to their word and only if ever Madeleine is found alive or dead will the case be re-opened.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 22 Apr - 15:31

Panda wrote:
fred wrote:

The PJ said for a long time they would not open the case unless some new evidence is found, this "sighting" came from Spain and the Portugese were quick to say it was not true that the were investigating. By closed , I meant they will stick to their word and only if ever Madeleine is found alive or dead will the case be re-opened.

The case is shelved... not closed. (technically speaking)

When did they say that they would only re-open the case if a body was found? (alive or dead)

I was under the impression that if 'new evidence' was found it would lead to a new investigation.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next