Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Tonight!!

+41
princess_leia
Panda
jd16
wjk
Oldartform
tanszi
curious george
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
chrissie
cass
maebee
margaret
matthew
tigger
Bebootje
Karen
steve1295
NoStone
dutchclogs
maive
Angelique
Chris
Wintabells
cherry1
welshy
interested
MaryB
Fern
mossman
ShabbyTiger
Roasted Arizona
almostgothic
ann_chovey
tabs
Maggie
chrissie1
LJC
jay2001
quickfingers
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Panorama Tonight!!

Post  Panda Wed 25 Apr - 22:56

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Panda wrote:

I liked that Sandra Figueras had something to say, thought the Portugese were maligned too much which won't go down well and the Reporter too
biased towards the Mccanns. Apart from that there wasn't a lot going on. Maybe next week's episode will be more revealing.

You mentioned further episodes earlier, too.

I thought tonight's effort was it? ie Next week's programme brought forward.

What am I missing?

Hi Tien, there is a Panorama programme on 3rd May to mark the 5th Anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance and another one I think next Monday.
Panorama is really going overboard and of course the National news on all the main Channels is reporting on this. I can't help feeling very suspicious about all this , why all this interest when the Review is not complete. Why mention 195 possible leads? why weren't they checked out at the time?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Wed 25 Apr - 22:57

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 25346 It also stated tonight that Mr Amaral had made around £300,000.00 from the book so how the Hell can the McCanns sue him for 1. something million.
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 25 Apr - 23:00

I'm trying to play catch-up and appreciate all the comments.

When the dogs were mentioned as "alerting" did anyone say exactly where they alerted, specifically was Kate's clothing mentioned? Probably not!!

I do hope a large segment of the U.K. population watched the show; especially the folks who frequently comment on the Daily Mail site.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 25 Apr - 23:11

welshy wrote: Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 25346 It also stated tonight that Mr Amaral had made around £300,000.00 from the book so how the Hell can the McCanns sue him for 1. something million.

Good point welshy.!!! Still no news of the Trial . I wondered when amaral Admitted that he and the PJ had made many mistakes whether he had also
said that the McCanns had not been very helpful and that bit ended up on the cutting room floor. The way it appeared was Amaral was blaming himself
entirely.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Wed 25 Apr - 23:15

Panda wrote:
welshy wrote: Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 25346 It also stated tonight that Mr Amaral had made around £300,000.00 from the book so how the Hell can the McCanns sue him for 1. something million.

Good point welshy.!!! Still no news of the Trial . I wondered when amaral Admitted that he and the PJ had made many mistakes whether he had also
said that the McCanns had not been very helpful and that bit ended up on the cutting room floor. The way it appeared was Amaral was blaming himself
entirely.

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 306321 Panda the trial starts or has been booked for 13th sept,
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 23:20

really balanced post Mossman, and sets out what its really must have been like "on the night". If mistakes were made maybe it was because they genuinely thought the child had wandered off, and thats quite realistic, and as you said dealing with even taking into shock into account bizarre behaviour. The biggest mistake was the situation Madeleine found herself in because her parents werent there. jimo.

i made quite a few comments on the programme this evening, and i consider that the part of the bashing the PJ and Amaral and Isabel Duarte saying people believed G Amaral's book is to lead people to believe his book really hindered the investigation and so people stopped looking, which could be grist for the libel case, but is really at odds with the timing of the publication and have those sightings stopped. No. Id like to hear the response to the latest age progression of Madeleine, and where she will be sighted next. One other point which i was surprised wasnt mentioned was the REWARD. Is it still available, why is there no mention of it in the appeal for information about her whereabouts or what happened to her. A direct line and Crimestoppers number has been given, why no mention of the reward, especially as there are 193 investigative opportunities to follow up. Im also really miffed that there is no mention of the inconsistencies but perhaps thats being saved for later. OMG i understand theres a second programme next week featuring the McCs.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Apr - 23:21

I'd like to thank everyone who watched the programme and brought details here. I didn't manage to see it as I had to go out. So, a big thank you. I couldn't wait to get home because I knew you guys would post details. Thanks everyone. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 83453
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 25 Apr - 23:25

What do they have on Alan Johnson I wonder!! I am sure some of us already know the answer to that one!

He is a disgrace, blamed the PJ for the investigation not being done properly, when the PJ made it
very clear that their investigation was obstructed by the British Government.

He had the cheek to blame the PJ when no mention of Kate not answering the questions and the Mccanns and their mates refusing to cooperate with the PJ.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 25 Apr - 23:30

welshy wrote:
Panda wrote:

entirely.

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 306321 Panda the trial starts or has been booked for 13th sept,

At last!!!! I hope it's not going to be a closed Court because I understand it is a civil case with 3 Judges. last time we had a minute be minute translation., I wouldn't mind going to Portugal , have a funny feeling that SY saying they have 195 leads to investigate is to bolster the McCanns theory
that Madeleiene is alive.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 25 Apr - 23:33

AnnaEsse wrote:I'd like to thank everyone who watched the programme and brought details here. I didn't manage to see it as I had to go out. So, a big thank you. I couldn't wait to get home because I knew you guys would post details. Thanks everyone. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 83453

To be honest AnnaEsse you didn't miss much , maybe next week there will be less biased reporting and the anti McCanns will have their say.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 23:34

the one question i would put to richard bilton is did he read the translated PJ files before doing this programme.

Hiya Panda, i understand why you think that it would bolster the McCanns theory that Madeleine is alive, but equally Andy Redwood said she could also sadly be dead. The appeal is also for information about what might have happened to Madeleine as well as any sighting.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Apr - 23:37

tanszi wrote:the one question i would put to richard bilton is did he read the translated PJ files before doing this programme.

Hiya Panda, i understand why you think that it would bolster the McCanns theory that Madeleine is alive, but equally Andy Redwood said she could also sadly be dead. The appeal is also for information about what might have happened to Madeleine as well as any sighting.

I think there may be people who responded to the McCanns' request for tourists to contact them, who may not have been interviewed by any police authority.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 23:39

interesting and valid point annaesse, maybe there is information out there.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Apr - 23:41

tanszi wrote:interesting and valid point annaesse, maybe there is information out there.

I think there could be, if the McCanns had responses from people and those folks were either interviewed by the PIs or were just not interviewed at all, thanked for the information and never heard from the McCanns again.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 25 Apr - 23:54

I thought it was biased.

The bit at the end, where Bilton asked Andy Redwood about the PJ's attitude towards the McC's (i.e. that they're guilty of concealing an accidental death etc) and Redwood smugly said that in the meetings he's had with them, he's not witnessed that attitude at all... that struck me as very worrying. This 'charm offensive' seems to be about persuading the PJ that the McC's are victims not perpetrators of a crime against their daughter and the PJ jolly well need to get on and investigate things properly - if it's not too late, that is, given that they made such a mess of it in the first place.

The message I got was that the PJ messed up the thing from start to finish. First they tried to pin it on Murat, then arguidoed the victims with cobbled together, inconclusive evidence from a car and a sofa that were barked at by sniffer dogs put months too late into a confusing and contaminated crime scene, forcing the McC's to flee for safety without their child, then, bored and defeated, they closed the case, ignored new leads, showed no appetite for a review other than to confirm they followed the correct procedures, whilst the sacked, ex-lead investigator retires on the riches made from the book he wrote about the missing child he failed to find.

Isobel Duarte has no friends because she's the only Portuguese person capable of rational thought, David Cameron is a very nice man, because although he's a Prime Minister, he's also a parent, so he keeps spare money for special cases, and he's decided the McC's are special, and so does Alan Johnson, who thinks that if the Scotland Yard team can 'charm' that pig-headed, biased PJ lot into re-opening the case and investigate those leads, PROPERLY, we might get somewhere - the BRITISH way.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 25 Apr - 23:58

tanszi wrote:the one question i would put to richard bilton is did he read the translated PJ files before doing this programme.

Hi tanzi .....bit late to be making an appeal don't you think?? Call me a cynic but to have 3 programmes devoted to Madeleine on the 5th Anniversary
of her disappearance when there is nothing new to report is OTT. As far as we know the McCanns will not be having another Channel 4 Documentary
so why should Panorama take such an interest.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 0:06

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 26 Apr - 0:15

Panda wrote:

Hi tanzi .....bit late to be making an appeal don't you think?? Call me a cynic but to have 3 programmes devoted to Madeleine on the 5th Anniversary
of her disappearance when there is nothing new to report is OTT. As far as we know the McCanns will not be having another Channel 4 Documentary

Why do you think there are three programmes Panda? The original was to go out on the 30th repeated on the 3rd. The original was brought forward to last night. Nothing in the schedules about any further/new programme that I can see. The 30th slot has now been changed to Rip Off Britain originally scheduled for last night.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Thu 26 Apr - 0:22

Wintabells wrote:I thought it was biased.

The bit at the end, where Bilton asked Andy Redwood about the PJ's attitude towards the McC's (i.e. that they're guilty of concealing an accidental death etc) and Redwood smugly said that in the meetings he's had with them, he's not witnessed that attitude at all... that struck me as very worrying.

Well, I didn't know that as I have missed some parts (my Internet froze some times).

And I agree, it's worrying..
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 0:38

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

Why do you think there are three programmes Panda? The original was to go out on the 30th repeated on the 3rd. The original was brought forward to last night. Nothing in the schedules about any further/new programme that I can see. The 30th slot has now been changed to Rip Off Britain originally scheduled for last night.

Oh, there's a blow it originally quoted last night AND the 30th April (monday) to be repeated on Thursday, so now there is only the one. It was on the
BBC website, Annabel quoted the dates earlier.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 26 Apr - 1:04

I have only just watched the Panorama video and feel the programme was pretty much as Winterbells stated in her post.

A lot of PJ bashing, accused of a poor investigation, and the phone texts were mentioned - that they hadn't been looked at! Well, no that's because they couldn't use them.

I also tend to think after listening to Johnson that they will use political diplomacy to make sure the abduction version is the only way this case will be investigated.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 1:24

Angelique wrote:I have only just watched the Panorama video and feel the programme was pretty much as Winterbells stated in her post.

A lot of PJ bashing, accused of a poor investigation, and the phone texts were mentioned - that they hadn't been looked at! Well, no that's because they couldn't use them.

I also tend to think after listening to Johnson that they will use political diplomacy to make sure the abduction version is the only way this case will be investigated.

Hi Angelique, long time no see. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 25346 Johnson was very outspoken, not very diplomatic for an MP I thought. Bilton , if he is the producer /narrator
was too biased and if Chriss is right the only other Panorama Programme is the anniversary date, 3rd May and you can imagine how gushing that will be.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 26 Apr - 1:32

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 306321 Panda

Have been here just not able to get online BT Broadband is c**p for some reason - keeps crashing.

I don't honestly think I could stomach watching the programme if it's K and G spouting their mantra and another helping of Bilton 'bias'. How can they produce a programme that effectively dissed the Portuguese investigation when they SY were helping them at the time Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 157799

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 26 Apr - 3:37

I think Goncalo Amaral, dissed the PJ on last night's Panorama programme, he had the chance to speak out about what really happened and he said nothing. Goncalo admitted that they made many mistakes, but he never said how the McCanns put obstacles in their way, which prevented them from investigating this case in the manner it should have been investigated.

Goncalo could have told the reporter, how the McCanns lied about certain aspects of this case, from the minute the police arrived at their apartment. He could have told the reporter, how the McCanns have never searched for Madeleine, from the minute Kate found her missing, until this present day.

Goncalo could have told the reporter, what the McCanns were doing, after Madeleine was discovered missing. He could have said how the McCanns and their mates were holed up in their apartment, sorting out their timelines on the blank pages of one of Madeleine's books. Making phone calls that could have waited until after they'd finished looking for Madeleine. He could have said how Gerry phoned Gordon Brown, to ask for help and how Kate phoned a Merseyside Priest to ask him to fly over to Portugal as soon as possible.

Goncalo could have told the reporter, how the McCanns and their mates trampled all over the crime scene, before the police arrived, making it impossible for them to find any clues about the so called abducter.

Goncalo could have said many things that would have shown, who really was to blame for Madeleine's disappearance, things that the British media have never printed in our newspapers. Instead he allowed the programme, to show the PJ along with the Portuguese police, were the incompetent people the McCanns and the British media have been saying they were, for the past 5yrs.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Goncalo did put the other side of the coin to Panorama, but the producers, were prevented from allowing the other side of the coin to be aired.

Finally, I wonder how Ben Needham's mum Kerry felt, when she heard that senior Scotland Yard officer, say what a privilege it was, to help "Lord and Lady Muck" (or words to that effect). Especially when Kerry and her former husband, have had no help whatsoever from the British Goverment. They may be getting help now, but they needed help when Ben first disappeared.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Thu 26 Apr - 4:56

Just watched the show again, without any kids around Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 294124

At first, I thought it was 50-50 positive/negative but now I am thinking it's more 40-60..

In the 40% positive I see:

- The journalist said «What really happened in that apartment?» at least twice..
- The conclusions of the PJ report, written in the screen for everyone to see
- The dogs (despite the DNA thing)
- The Portuguese opinion of both police and public (although it's used to bash GA)
- The wording (The parents told.., Kate says..)
- At NO time Redwood said he thinks Madeleine is alive (or I missed it??)

For the 60% negative, we have all watched the show Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 49091

At the end, SY says new EVIDENCE, not leads, tips, or whatever... He said NEW EVIDENCE... Evidence of what?? Please someone explain me how can you have evidence of something but in the same time not knowing what happened, i.e. if she is dead or alive??

I mean.. if you have evidence, it certainly shows one direction or another.. not both.. So I conclude that SY wants to stay neutral, the ball is in the PJ court..

We'll see Panorama Tonight!! - Page 5 Icon_flower
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next