Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Tonight!!

+41
princess_leia
Panda
jd16
wjk
Oldartform
tanszi
curious george
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
chrissie
cass
maebee
margaret
matthew
tigger
Bebootje
Karen
steve1295
NoStone
dutchclogs
maive
Angelique
Chris
Wintabells
cherry1
welshy
interested
MaryB
Fern
mossman
ShabbyTiger
Roasted Arizona
almostgothic
ann_chovey
tabs
Maggie
chrissie1
LJC
jay2001
quickfingers
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Panorama Tonight!!

Post  maebee Wed 25 Apr - 20:21

NoStone wrote:
Loopdaloop wrote:IT was impartial!!! Thats a positive! and not only was it impartial but it pointed the general public towards the alternate theory... repeatedly AND Showed the dogs!!!

I would not say impartial = what part of the prog pointed the finger at the parents apart from the 5% that said it was only the Portugese people that thought the parents were involved!!?? and the 30% of the prog that tried to bash Amaral for saying as much??

Whoops that makes it 100% pro!!

I agree NoStone. It came across as very pro Mc and very very anti PJ and Amaral. The little mention that the dogs got referred only to them alerting to DNA. No mention of these highly respected British dogs' reacting to cadaver scent and blood in the Mc's apartment. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 371436

Last edited by maebee on Wed 25 Apr - 20:22; edited 1 time in total
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Apr - 20:21

Bottom line: Did the programme change anything, or is it "steady as she goes"?

The thing is, those of who who watched it have different opinions about how it came across - so maybe it was as well balanced as one could hope for?

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Wed 25 Apr - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 25 Apr - 20:22

Just watched and felt the programme was pretty balanced, although I did feel there was an attempt to question the thoroughness of the original investigation and felt Amaral's comments had been edited so that he appeared to admit mistakes when he really meant that the parents should have been looked into sooner. The programme also failed to mention that Murat was only arrested due to the intervention of a British journalist and that the McCanns' friends then tried to incriminate him further.

However, getting the sniffer dog footage and comments from the police files into a wider public domain compensated for this to an extent.

I was struck by the fact that The Sun put pressure on Cameron to review the case. Why ?
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Apr - 20:22

MaryB wrote:Well I interpreted it differently. It said to me the Portuguese police made lots of mistakes and got it completely wrong. And missed lots of important leads that could have led to the abductor. And diplomatic pressure should be put on for the case to be re-opened so closure could come for the poor parents.

I'd like to see the case getting reopened soon, so that the Tapas Crew could be taken over there to do a reconstruction in similar lighting conditions and Jane Tanner can slip-slap past 2 people without them hearing and she can see colours under the street lights at quite a few yards.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 25 Apr - 20:24

McCann always looks like a shifty so and so...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 25 Apr - 20:24

I felt it was insulting to alot of Portuguese. It seemed to be saying they have a closed mind on this case and are no longer interested. It also said the Attorney General stated the McCanns had no case to answer, and neither did Murat. I thought the case was shelved, but I am sure the programme used the word closed. Even SF said the Portuguese people had made their minds up about the McCanns and it was hard to know which side of the fence she was actually sitting on, but I did get the impression she is a fence sitter and is not sure which side to fall down on.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 25 Apr - 20:25

I also thought it was wrong that the Jane Tanner sighting was mentioned but not the Smith sighting.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 20:25

theres several good points youve made MaryB, and there was PJ bashing, did you think it would be any different, but there was also lots of stuff in there about DNA and the dogs, and then Portuguese Police believe that Madeleine died in the apartment following an accident. It also focused strongly on the pressure put on Cameron by News International and the Sun to conduct a review and put £2 m hard earned cash to do it.

Alan Johnson said that the use of political pressure should be used, but then it was used first time round and its why i believe we are all still here today. leave the politicians out of it, let the SY do what theyve been paid to do and leave it to the PJ, thats all that can be done, unless there are any Treaties with Portugal to be ratified that our Prime Minister would need to negotiate on behalf of the McCs. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 25 Apr - 20:25

margaret wrote:I've rewound mine this is what is says about the dogs...

"It was British police sniffer dogs that changed the way Portuguese detectives were,thinking. The dogs indicated possible traces of DNA in the McCann families flat and hire car. Although this was found to be inconclusive by forensic scientists the Portuguese police made Kate and Gerry McCann arguidos, or suspects, in their daughter disappearance"

Thanks Margaret. That snippet was obviously a major, and planned, with-hold. Had they bothered to report the truth which was that cadaver odour and blood was indicated, it would have had a far reaching impact. Definitely missed out on purpose.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 25 Apr - 20:26

fedrules wrote:

I was struck by the fact that The Sun put pressure on Cameron to review the case. Why ?

Because it meant more paper sales with the headlines and ongoing story! Or am l a cynic?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Wed 25 Apr - 20:26

The End Is Nigh wrote:Bottom line: Did the programme change anything, or is it "steady as she goes"?
We will probably be here in 5 years time, saying somethings going to happen soon Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 371436
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 25 Apr - 20:27

AnnaEsse wrote:
MaryB wrote:Well I interpreted it differently. It said to me the Portuguese police made lots of mistakes and got it completely wrong. And missed lots of important leads that could have led to the abductor. And diplomatic pressure should be put on for the case to be re-opened so closure could come for the poor parents.

I'd like to see the case getting reopened soon, so that the Tapas Crew could be taken over there to do a reconstruction in similar lighting conditions and Jane Tanner can slip-slap past 2 people without them hearing and she can see colours under the street lights at quite a few yards.
And thats the impression I got Anna, from Redwood. I felt he thought that if it was reopened, they (Portuguese and SY) could get a recon and take it from there. IMO, thats the reason he wants the case to be reopened. Ever the optomist Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 25346
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Apr - 20:27

Good one, Chrissie!

chrissie1 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Bottom line: Did the programme change anything, or is it "steady as she goes"?
We will probably be here in 5 years time, saying somethings going to happen soon Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 371436
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Wed 25 Apr - 20:28

No mention of the Smiths sighting?
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 33
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 25 Apr - 20:29

fedrules wrote:I was struck by the fact that The Sun put pressure on Cameron to review the case. Why ?

Can only think that was why it was brought forward to coincide with Murdoch appearing at LI and to diss David Cameron`s friendship with Murdoch.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 25 Apr - 20:30

margaret wrote:
fedrules wrote:

Because it meant more paper sales with the headlines and ongoing story! Or am l a cynic?
'
I believe that's one aspect, but remember the Sun put the sniffer dog video on line and I'm convinced that they are interested in the truth emerging..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Wed 25 Apr - 20:32

well it wasn't the fawning love in I was expecting and they did get alot of stuff out there that has never been seen before

but I was still shouting at the TV

BTW Alan Johnston is a former postie who then went onto become a top postie union bod and then jumped ship to become an MP who then said unions had to much power

says everything about his morals

I won't say what I think of him here as I don't want to swear :-)
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 20:33

its somethings thats always bothered me. why does Murdoch have such an interest in this case. Is it because Freud entertained the McCs when they were in Portugal, and had a short acquaintence with them. K McC name dropped him in her book. OK so papers sell, why would he put pressure on Cameron and get Rebekkah Brooks is it to speak t the McCs giving support to obtain a review and getting their story out of it. Surely not all this just for a story that has more holes than a kitchen colander.

and if were looking at that, why the interest in varied Murdoch related companies giving the pink one work, gosh he even worked for Cameron, how incestuous is all this jimo.

Last edited by tanszi on Wed 25 Apr - 20:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and space)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 Empty Fresh Leads

Post  NoStone Wed 25 Apr - 20:33

Dont forget it said Sy have 195 fresh leads!

Also later ID mentioned that hundreds of leads were recieved but not investigated as they were recieved after the case was shelved.

Are these the same leads i.e SY 'fresh' leads are the ones recieved after the case was shelved??? I'd like to bet!

Last edited by NoStone on Wed 25 Apr - 20:34; edited 1 time in total
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 20:34

I think these leads are the ones Isabel Duarte kept on about at the overturn of the book ban. and nothings been heard of them since, perhaps until today. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 25 Apr - 20:35

Ahhhh no Clarrie with his ludicrous comments...for the case to be reopened i think there had to be admissions from pj/amaral,the case is looking very likely to be reopened now & this is surely a good start,a lot of talk of new evidence so hopefully between the two countries police,this case can move forward...let the reconstruction begin....
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Wed 25 Apr - 20:35

Overall, it's positive IMO:

SY thinks she could be alive (50% of chance) or dead (50% of chance) + SY wants the case reopened by PJ + Carlos Anos Former Head of Police Detectives Union says most of the PJ think that an accident happened = Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 944533

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 3 Icon_flower

The DOGS on BBC..... it was delicious!!
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 25 Apr - 20:38

regarding the programme i wonder how the mcanns and the tapas crew will be feeling tonight ? i do not think that it all went their way - ok there was some bashing the pj . but saying they belived madeleine died in 5a and eddie and keela mentioned and all the other hurtful stuff . they will still be taking their immodium for sure tonight . some very plus points comming from portugal imo
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 25 Apr - 20:49

cass wrote:regarding the programme i wonder how the mcanns and the tapas crew will be feeling tonight ? i do not think that it all went their way - ok there was some bashing the pj . but saying they belived madeleine died in 5a and eddie and keela mentioned and all the other hurtful stuff . they will still be taking their immodium for sure tonight . some very plus points comming from portugal imo

Cass - the dogs mentioned but then immediatley discredited as they found DNA that was found to be inconclusive. That will stick in people's miinds when we refere to the dogs and the importance of thier evidence - esp detectint the scent of death - but it was whitewhashed over - worse - leaves folks with the wrong impression

A subtle slurr on the dogs that needs to be corrected!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Wed 25 Apr - 20:55

NoStone wrote:
cass wrote:regarding the programme i wonder how the mcanns and the tapas crew will be feeling tonight ? i do not think that it all went their way - ok there was some bashing the pj . but saying they belived madeleine died in 5a and eddie and keela mentioned and all the other hurtful stuff . they will still be taking their immodium for sure tonight . some very plus points comming from portugal imo

Cass - the dogs mentioned but then immediatley discredited as they found DNA that was found to be inconclusive. That will stick in people's miinds when we refere to the dogs and the importance of thier evidence - esp detectint the scent of death - but it was whitewhashed over - worse - leaves folks with the wrong impression

A subtle slurr on the dogs that needs to be corrected!

I do agree with you, should have said the dogs alerted to the 'scent of a dead body'....keep it simple, that might have woken a few up!
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next