Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News)

+16
MaryB
Wintabells
Lioned
margaret
AnnaEsse
matthew
mossman
Roasted Arizona
ann_chovey
Lillyofthevalley
princess_leia
fred
Krisy22
cass
Bobsy
interested
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News)

Post  matthew Fri 19 Oct - 17:31

UK
Ben Needham
Greece

A digger arrived at the site this morning Photo: ITV News/Emma Murphy

Twenty one years after he vanished, a new search for Ben Needham has begun on the Greek island of Kos.

Just after 9am, a team of British and Greek officers led by detectives from South Yorkshire began working on land near the Needham family home.

First onto the site were two cadaver dogs specially trained in seeking out body parts.

Next a digger was brought onto the field and the driver briefed on where he would be working.
A police officer scours the area that is to be dug up today Credit: ITV News/Emma Murphy

The search is the result of fears that the 21-month-old may have had an accident in the area and been buried beneath building rubble on the day he disappeared.

Ben Needham's mother Kerry, who believes her son was abducted, is being updated on the search but says she doesn't wish to see it.

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-10-19/new-search-begins-for-missing-toddler-ben-needham-after-21-years/

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News)

Post  kitti Sat 20 Oct - 7:11

Coincidence that this dig comes now when birch has been asking for murats garden to be dug up too and BOTH using 'heat seeking equipment'

The only difference is, in the Ben needham case, they are going to use cadaver dogs to back them up.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 9:36

I don't have much faith in Birch......why didn't he ask the PJ to approach Mrs Murat to dig up a small part of her Garden?

He also fell out with a couple who were searching for Madeleine .

He obviously upset the Murats, quite right too, how would you like someone entering your garden and testing out equipment without your consent? Had he had the Courtesy to ask, or told the PJ of his findings, maybe the case would be solved by now.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 22 Oct - 14:16

OMG just saw Kerry Needham on Sky News reading out a statement, the poor woman looked in such a bad way! She was shaking so much her friend had to steady her by physically holding her while she read out her statement. It must be absolute torture for her.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 22 Oct - 14:53

princess_leia wrote:OMG just saw Kerry Needham on Sky News reading out a statement, the poor woman looked in such a bad way! She was shaking so much her friend had to steady her by physically holding her while she read out her statement. It must be absolute torture for her.

http://news.sky.com/
Poor woman, she is shattered, no jogging or getting your hi-lites done for Kerry
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 22 Oct - 15:14

fred wrote:
princess_leia wrote:OMG just saw Kerry Needham on Sky News reading out a statement, the poor woman looked in such a bad way! She was shaking so much her friend had to steady her by physically holding her while she read out her statement. It must be absolute torture for her.

http://news.sky.com/
Poor woman, she is shattered, no jogging or getting your hi-lites done for Kerry

Thanks fred, if Ben's Mother is so convinced Ben was abducted, why are they bothering to check out the mound of earth??? Who decided after 21 years that Ben could be buried there.? Maybe she is afraid to think they could find Ben's remains because her hope of finding him some day will be shattered which is why she is shaking. I hope the Press leave her alone now .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 22 Oct - 15:44

Kerry has said she hopes Ben is not found in the mound of earth as her life will be over. I don't think she would see it closure as some people suggest but that she'd now has nothing to live for. Poor Kerry, I hope he isn't found there.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 22 Oct - 16:05

You notice she said 'my families suffering'.....unlike someone we know who always is me....me....me.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 22 Oct - 17:35

wjk wrote:Kerry has said she hopes Ben is not found in the mound of earth as her life will be over. I don't think she would see it closure as some people suggest but that she'd now has nothing to live for. Poor Kerry, I hope he isn't found there.

I have to be honest wjk, 21 years is a long time to live in hope , Ben , poor little mite, was only 21 months old so it is not as if she had loads of time or memories of him. I really don't want to sound mean spirited but maybe she needs counselling to let go if you see what I mean.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Oct - 17:54

Yes I can see what you mean Panda. Thankfully I have never been in such a situation and maybe I would feel differently if I had.

Quite honestly I can't remember what my son was like at 21 months old and, if he had gone from my life at that point, I would have no memories of him at all now.

I hope that Kerry's daughter has been able to have a normal childhood but I do wonder about that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 22 Oct - 17:56

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:Kerry has said she hopes Ben is not found in the mound of earth as her life will be over. I don't think she would see it closure as some people suggest but that she'd now has nothing to live for. Poor Kerry, I hope he isn't found there.

I have to be honest wjk, 21 years is a long time to live in hope , Ben , poor little mite, was only 21 months old so it is not as if she had loads of time or memories of him. I really don't want to sound mean spirited but maybe she needs counselling to let go if you see what I mean.

I can see what you are saying but to her he will always be her little baby and she hasn't got a clue what happened to him, the not knowing must be the worst for any parent in this situation. If he is found under this mound then she will finally have closure, not that I'm saying this an ideal outcome for her or her family but she can then start grieving process. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to have lost a child, but to lose a child and not know what happened is just torture. I feel no matter how much counselling someone gets in her situation, every day you will wake up wondering where your child is. I've seen Kerry interviewed many times over the years and I have never seen her quite like this. I think she is fearing the worst, she has always had hope and this is what's most likely got her through each day for the last 21 years. If she has no hope what else has she got, and this is what probably terrifies her. All in my opinion of course.

April Jones parents are going through something very similar I'd imagine. If her body had been found they would be grieving and that would take time but eventually their lives would painfully continue, healing over time but never forgetting. If they never find her body they are going to live a life in limbo. Very sad!
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 22 Oct - 18:23

princess_leia wrote:
Panda wrote:

I can see what you are saying but to her he will always be her little baby and she hasn't got a clue what happened to him, the not knowing must be the worst for any parent in this situation. If he is found under this mound then she will finally have closure, not that I'm saying this an ideal outcome for her or her family but she can then start grieving process. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to have lost a child, but to lose a child and not know what happened is just torture. I feel no matter how much counselling someone gets in her situation, every day you will wake up wondering where your child is. I've seen Kerry interviewed many times over the years and I have never seen her quite like this. I think she is fearing the worst, she has always had hope and this is what's most likely got her through each day for the last 21 years. If she has no hope what else has she got, and this is what probably terrifies her. All in my opinion of course.

April Jones parents are going through something very similar I'd imagine. If her body had been found they would be grieving and that would take time but eventually their lives would painfully continue, healing over time but never forgetting. If they never find her body they are going to live a life in limbo. Very sad!

Yes princess leia, I saw her being interviewed a few months ago on T.V. and she was very calm , said Ben had two birthmarks , one would have disappeared by now, the other, on Ben's thigh would still be visible and she was hoping that wherever he is he might see her Blog on the internet or might even be watching the programme.Your'e right in her heart she is hoping Ben's remains are not found because that would create more guilt over the fact that Ben had wandered off and nobody noticed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 22 Oct - 19:24

princess_leia wrote:
Panda wrote:

If he is found there, I don't doubt she will need counselling, but how much good it would do, I don't know, especially having watched her today on Sky news, Panda. My god, she was in a terrible way and I think it was her mum with her, having to basically hold her up.
I think your right princess, its the hope that keeps her getting up in the morning. I only hope her daughter gives her the will to carry on if the search does find little Ben. So, so sad.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 22 Oct - 19:30

It makes me wonder if this poor woman believing Ben is alive and well living another life has kept her going.....knowing he is buried under that mound of soil and grass for the last 21 years must be breaking her heart......God bless Kerry and god keep her strong for what lays ahead. Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 Icon_flower
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 22 Oct - 20:24

I think it is the thought that Ben may be under the rubble which is upsetting her . How do you think she will feel if that is the case.....all these years and Ben was that close.!! Since Kerry was in work how could she know what really happened to Ben? I think that might be a Friend with her, looks too young to be her Mother.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 22 Oct - 20:32

No, it says here that was her mother. Christine.
Kerry looks the spit of her mum.
http://news.sky.com/story/1001000/ben-needhams-mother-makes-emotional-plea
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 22 Oct - 20:36

I think if I am right, after the daughter was born she couldn't cope and her mother looked after her for a while, I suppose Kerry thought that having Another baby would give her the will to carry on but it didn't , kerry did try to take her life a couple off times I believe....the tremendous guilt she must off felt, having another baby I think she probably thought it was betraying Ben and he would think that his mummy had forgotten him.

In feel sick thinking about this, how poor Kerry is coping is too frightening to contemplate.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 22 Oct - 20:50

wjk wrote:No, it says here that was her mother. Christine.
[url=http://news.sky.com/story/1001000/ben-needhams-mother-makes-emotional-plea
http://news.sky.com/story/1001000/ben-needhams-mother-makes-emotional-plea[/quote[/url]

Well I am quite surprised , Kerry must be in her forties, but her Mother doesn't look that much older than her wjk.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 22 Oct - 20:56

Panda wrote:
[url=http://news.sky.com/story/1001000/ben-needhams-mother-makes-emotional-plea
http://news.sky.com/story/1001000/ben-needhams-mother-makes-emotional-plea[/quote[/url]

Well I am quite surprised , Kerry must be in her forties, but her Mother doesn't look that much older than her wjk.
Christine probably had Kerry when she was young. My mum looks lke my slightly older sister! Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 23 Oct - 1:21

[quote="wjk"]
Panda wrote:
http://news.sky.com/story/1001000/ben-needhams-mother-makes-emotional-plea[/quote

Christine probably had Kerry when she was young. My mum looks lke my slightly older sister!

Come to think of it, I am always told I don't look my age , I'm a Female Dorian Grey.Ben Needham sensation (Mirror News) - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Tue 23 Oct - 13:11

Probably won't be popular for saying this, but I'm a bit worried by her appearance. I get a horrible feeling she knows he's going to be found under that earth....and no, I'm not suggesting that she put him there, but I do wonder about how comfortable she is about her brothers involvement in bens disappearance.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 23 Oct - 13:16

Roasted Arizona wrote:Probably won't be popular for saying this, but I'm a bit worried by her appearance. I get a horrible feeling she knows he's going to be found under that earth....and no, I'm not suggesting that she put him there, but I do wonder about how comfortable she is about her brothers involvement in bens disappearance.

Hi Roasted Arizona, it is funny but I privately wondered had she been given some information from the police when I saw the interview. She just seemed so very upset (obviously understandable) but she has always been so together and rational in any other interview I have seen. I cannot pretend to have been up to date on her brother or any information in relation to the case so it was not in that regard.

Have the dogs finished does anybody know ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 23 Oct - 13:19

Panda wrote:I think it is the thought that Ben may be under the rubble which is upsetting her . How do you think she will feel if that is the case.....all these years and Ben was that close.!! Since Kerry was in work how could she know what really happened to Ben? I think that might be a Friend with her, looks too young to be her Mother.

And l read that she said she would question her own abilities as a mother because she feels in her heart that Ben is alive and always has been. I couldn't believe how bad she was on the television last night poor soul, she said she knows this must be ruled out but it must be awful to go through.

I didn't even know that Kerry was at work that day, l thought she was decorating in her parents home there, or that builders were doing this work nearby. I can understand a little toddler wandering off to find the source of the noise, it's something my vehicle obsessed son would have done at that age if he got the chance.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 23 Oct - 13:21

Yes Margaret, most little boys love diggers.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 23 Oct - 13:34

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ben-needham-dig-police-find-1393687

Bits of old toys that toddler Ben Needham may have been playing with when he disappeared have been uncovered by detectives searching for his remains.

Police excavation experts used a JCB digger to cut away massive chunks of the mound which they fear Ben could have been buried under in 1991.

They also swept the area with a metal detector and found chunks of toys – which could be the Dinky cars Ben had with him when he vanished.

The potentially dramatic development on the Greek island of Kos came as Ben’s mum Kerry almost collapsed yesterday while speaking about the search and continued to insist: “Ben is still alive.”

Det Supt Matt Fenwick, who is leading the 20-strong British team, said: “Bits of toys have been found, but we do not yet know if they are his.

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next