Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act

+44
fred
matthew
Annabel
AnnaEsse
dutchclogs
dazedandconfused
MaryB
susible
squeaker
margaret
chrissie1
interested
tanszi
Loopdaloop
mummy45
Lioned
frencheuropean
Panda
jeanmonroe
quickfingers
Wintabells
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Krisy22
wantthetruth
Chris
wjk
Karen
Roasted Arizona
tigger
flower
Angelina
Claudia79
Bebootje
weissnicht
welshy
pennylane
mara thon
keepingmum
malena stool
chrissie
Justiceforallkids
Keela
48 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act

Post  fred Sat 18 May - 15:35

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:deborah butler ‏@IWILLNOTGOAWAY 2m
@collywobbles54 @mavismaccruet Martin brunt sky news said police are re investigating mobile phones

Is this Deborah Butler the same woman who worked with Tony Bennet ?

I think so!

Someone has put on FB that Brunty has reported that the Mccanns are cleared and the Portuguese have closed the case!!
(Although I don't believe that for a second!)
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act

Post  Guest Sat 18 May - 15:35

I believe that she is, yes.

We have to be thankful that she didn't go over to the dark side!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Empty There is a different Attorney general now, isn't there?

Post  comperedna Sat 18 May - 15:39

I seem to remember last October the first woman Attorney General was appointed in Portugal: Joana Vidal. I remember the first name because of Joana Morais and the second because of Gore Vidal. I wonder if she will have a different attitude to the McCann case than her predecessor did. It was the AG who exluded phone records last time, for instance. Will it help, or hinder, or make no difference having a new one? The Portuguese have spent millions on the case, as have we Brits and they must be fed up to the back teeth of being slagged of by the British media. On second thoughts, I doubt whether many people in Portugal, police or otherwise, know much about what is in our red-tops. If the PJ think they have exhausted the reliable evidence and have taken the case as far as they can you can see why they have shelved it and are demanding NEW evidence to re-open it. What will count as 'new evidence', I wonder? Not lists of names from the files handed over to them by SY, for sure!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :
EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 May - 15:43

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 Credgq9

Last edited by Iris on Sat 18 May - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Sat 18 May - 15:50

Have we had anyone from Portugal posting on what the news is there? I'm sure they aren't seeing the frenzy we are getting in the media here.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 18 May - 15:53

quickfingers wrote:Have we had anyone from Portugal posting on what the news is there? I'm sure they aren't seeing the frenzy we are getting in the media here.

There isn't anything on the news as yet, but I haven't bought a paper today. (and not going to!)
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 18 May - 15:59

sorry cant do links -- but there is another story about a couple that have neglected their baby in the daily mail also and the mcanns story and tia one at bottom of the page - wonder why the mail are reportng on this today
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 May - 16:22

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
@collywobbles54 @mavismaccruet Martin brunt sky news said police are re investigating mobile phones

I think so!

Someone has put on FB that Brunty has reported that the Mccanns are cleared and the Portuguese have closed the case!!

Hi fred and NBY.......I remember her from a while ago. I had never had anything to do with her but she sent me a PM to say that aGuy she knew who was a friend of the McCanns had told her they had split. I advised her not to get involved and if this Guy wanted to make it known to do it himself. \I'm not kidding I must have had 6 or 7 pm's until in the end I told her I had to go out and logged off.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 18 May - 16:25

quickfingers wrote:Have we had anyone from Portugal posting on what the news is there? I'm sure they aren't seeing the frenzy we are getting in the media here.

Apart from translation of news in the UK nothing that I've seen. Certainly not opening news. But I've been a bit busy so haven't been glued to the TV.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 18 May - 16:52

Brunty just on.
"there's no evidence she has come to harm"

Forgetting to mention, conveniently, there's also absolutely no evidence, not a scintilla, of her ever being 'abducted'!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 18 May - 16:53

jeanmonroe wrote:Brunty just on.
"there's no evidence she has come to harm"

Forgetting to mention, conveniently, there's also absolutely no evidence, not a scintilla, of her ever being 'abducted'!

There' no evidence that she hasn't come to any harm! What bullshit is being reported, and why??
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 18 May - 16:54

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:

I think so!

He did say that fred, meaning in 2008, they were cleared when their arguido status was lifted and the closing of the case when it was only shelved. He wasn't talking about now. He was repeating the usual guff, they are cleared and the case is closed, when we all now that is bullsh*t!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 18 May - 16:59

Ahh!! O.K.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 18 May - 17:13

Sky news reported earlier that when the case was closed the McCanns were cleared as there was no evidence against them.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 18 May - 17:24

MaryB wrote:Sky news reported earlier that when the case was closed the McCanns were cleared as there was no evidence against them.

FFS!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 18 May - 17:25

Sky news just saying,
"Officers in Portugal are waiting to be approached by British police about the re opening of the case"
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 May - 17:25

MaryB wrote:Sky news reported earlier that when the case was closed the McCanns were cleared as there was no evidence against them.
That.s true MaryB, the Final Report states ther were 4 possibilities.
1. That Madeleine was Abducted,
2. She died in the Apartment

I can't remember the other twoEXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 18 May - 17:29

A former MET police officer coming on Sky after the break to talk about the case.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 18 May - 17:41

So really the conclusion was really 'not proven'. Or concluding that one of four possibilities could have happened. So they should be reporting there are four lines of enquiry. Isn't that what police normally do. Pursue various lines of inquiry and then see what is the most likely. Seems a bit elementary to me.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 May - 17:54

wjk wrote:A former MET police officer coming on Sky after the break to talk about the case.
Hi wjk, I switched over to sky news but the football results are on, all there is is a tickertape saying Scotland Yard say up to 20 people they want to interview. I have a terrible feeling that SY are doing this publicity stunt to prove all that time and mney spent on the review has been productive. Question:- Why havn't they interviewed these people already? It reminds me of the sightings which turn out to be ludicrous.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy45 Sat 18 May - 18:00

met detective on sky saying people from the previous past may now have different relationships with those involved and may
not feel good about any alibis given at the time. there are gaps in the chronology and the phone records need re examining Yes!
mummy45
mummy45
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 170
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 18 May - 18:03

So, 20 people to interview.....

Well, we know of the first NINE

Who else?

The Smith Family? (9?)

Who's are the other two? Murat? Wilkins?

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 8 25346
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 18 May - 18:06

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:A former MET police officer coming on Sky after the break to talk about the case.
Hi wjk, I switched over to sky news but the football results are on, all there is is a tickertape saying Scotland Yard say up to 20 people they want to interview. I have a terrible feeling that SY are doing this publicity stunt to prove all that time and mney spent on the review has been productive. Question:- Why havn't they interviewed these people already? It reminds me of the sightings which turn out to be ludicrous.
Hi Panda, the Met guy was talking about relationships that may have broken up since people were last spoken to by police and people may now be willing to speak out about what they know.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 18 May - 18:13

wjk wrote:Sky news just saying,
"Officers in Portugal are waiting to be approached by British police about the re opening of the case"

Hmm..according to several front pages today they've already refused!
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 18 May - 18:36

tigger wrote:
Wintabells wrote:Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry remain very, very pleased with the work that Scotland Yard are doing and have been encouraged by Operation Grange from the day it began.

How can the McCanns be 'very, very pleased' about anything at all?

Mind you, I seem to remember they 'welcomed' being made arguido didn't they?

I think FBI calls that 'owning' the statement or the situation. l

Qualifications weaken a statement. So very, very makes it that much weaker.
'Did you steal the cookies?'
'No' or 'No, I didn't'.
'No - absolutely, definitely not.' is weak, the denial needs shoring up.
(with thanks to Hobs and Seamus O'Riley at Statement analysis).

Sorry, just catching up on the thread and agreeing with you, Hobs and Seamus about the shoring up business.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next