Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the case be re-opened

+14
dutchclogs
kathybelle
MaryB
welshy
Claudia79
SteveT
Loopdaloop
Chris
mossman
comperedna
Lillyofthevalley
tanszi
chrissie1
mummy45
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will the case be re-opened Empty Will the case be re-opened

Post  MaryB Sun 19 May - 15:26

I must say I am not sure on this one. Sometimes I think yes and sometimes no. Maybe Portugal will crack under the pressure of the mighty Scotland Yard and agree to open the case. However, the question of cost remains. The McCanns have spent several millions, the review is meant to have cost around 4 million. So how much to solve the case. £20 million £30 million. The whole EU budget? I wonder if anything else will come out in the next week or two. It's always the way. News reports the big breakthrough and then zilch zero nada.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Will the case be re-opened Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will the case be re-opened Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Will the case be re-opened Empty Re: Will the case be re-opened

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 19 May - 15:48

I don't care how much the investigation costs. (investigative review is clearly a euphemism for what is happening).

The fact is this is one of the biggest unsolved crimes for a very long time.

Either A> The Mccann's are right Will the case be re-opened 613255

There is an unknown network of child-stealers. I think it is good value for these sorts of people to be brought to justice.

or
B> The Mccann's have covered up the death of the their daughter and there has been a vast network of people (both knowing and unknowing) who have helped stiffle freedom of speech and freedom of the press whilst allowing the perpetrators to take vast amounts of money from the general public and their egotism has resulted in the destruction of many things or people that may stand in their way.

Both scenario's warrant the money to me.
I consider our tax money that goes to the police as a big insurance safety network, the majority of us will never need their services, yet when something terrible happens we want the resources to be utilised at their fullest to crack the case. Value for money.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
Will the case be re-opened Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will the case be re-opened Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 19 May - 15:59

I think people were hoping that the 'review' was a bit more than that. And one thing I just thought of. If the cleaners weren't even mentioned in the files how come the review has found out about them if it's only a review of the evidence in the files.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 19 May - 16:54

mary no i dont think it will be reopened -- why should portugal do this unless there is chance of a conviction - only way they will think about it is if someone come with some real information -- not what the press are printing
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy45 Sun 19 May - 17:01

If there is a network of child stealers eg BAD PEOPLE why are the McCanns so averse to the idea of the dogs etc
These awful people could have hurt her etc The only reason to discredit them is that they feel threatened.
If this happened to me I would be distraught at the forensics but would want it pursued
mummy45
mummy45
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 170
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Sun 19 May - 17:13

mummy45 wrote:If there is a network of child stealers eg BAD PEOPLE why are the McCanns so averse to the idea of the dogs etc
These awful people could have hurt her etc The only reason to discredit them is that they feel threatened.
If this happened to me I would be distraught at the forensics but would want it pursued
I agree i would also want everyone involved to haul their sorry arses back and be investigated thoroughly
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 19 May - 17:20

What if SY have found no new evidence. What if their conclusion is that the PJ were right in what they did and they were going in the right direction. What if the only recommendations SY have are for certain people to be re-interviewed, including the middle aged couple etc so that the case the PJ were originally building can be fully completed. What then. Do the PJ want to bother ?

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 19 May - 17:23

I am so surprised the papers printed this. ill bet theres a few calls to Carter Ruck.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Will the case be re-opened Empty Just saw the following

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 19 May - 19:10

I just read the following: it puts the 4.6million into perspective really and whilst sounding a lot, actually shows that its quite cost effective.

Julian Assange vigil costs taxpayers £4million

He has been hiding from the law in a cramped basement room at the embassy for nearly a year. By the time the anniversary falls on June 19, policing costs are expected to have gone beyond £4.2million.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/10066084/Julian-Assange-vigil-costs-taxpayers-4million.html

Perhaps this is just roughly the cost of an operation, in which case we're employing all these people anyway... better to solve the mccann case than guard an embassy.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 19 May - 20:06

MaryB yes the McCanns have spent a lot of the "fund" but its certainly not been n the search.....it's been used on shutting people up. The fund is now down to near nothing, this is we're the McCanns problems will start, NO MONEY/FUND no protection, can't shut people up any longer.

I honestly believe this case will be re-opened, and imo wheels will starting moving next week! Brunty is there waiting patiently!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 19 May - 20:58

Lillyofthevalley wrote:MaryB yes the McCanns have spent a lot of the "fund" but its certainly not been n the search.....it's been used on shutting people up. The fund is now down to near nothing, this is we're the McCanns problems will start, NO MONEY/FUND no protection, can't shut people up any longer.

I honestly believe this case will be re-opened, and imo wheels will starting moving next week! Brunty is there waiting patiently!

I think it's going to be reopened very soon too!

Don't forget the Mccanns have to travel t Portugal for the trial against mr.Amaral too. If the case is reopened and the Mccanns are on Portuguese soil then they could easily be arrested.

No need for a long and protracted battle with those fancy lawyers then, which would be the last thing anyone wants after SY and the PJ's costs so far.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Mon 20 May - 12:30

Brunty has been moved on to Lyons for the court case against the British guy who confessed to murdering his two children... I suppose he could go back after the initial hearing. Like many others on here I thnk he will want to be there if anything develops.
What if the Attorney General agrees to the re-opening of the case on condition the reconstruction is carried out, so providing excellent opportunities for gaining 'new evidence'. Does 'new evidence' include circumstantial evidence, I wonder? Better would be new forensics. More sophisticated techniques are available now.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 20 May - 13:52

What gets me is this. Cleaners are now branded possible suspects. On what evidence. That they were in PDL and near the apartments. Well this could apply to a lot of people couldn't it.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 20 May - 14:00

at the beginning of the holiday season all these headlines arnt just hurting the mcanns ie neglect -- all these 20 swathy cleaners are gonna upset pdl how much more does portugal have to suffer ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 20 May - 14:23

I think we're seeing some clever policing playing with peoples minds.

People who have previously been questioning but need further investigation to eliminate them.
Cleaners around/in the apartment
People in the McCanns apartment 'trying to soothe' a crying Maddie.

ALL could apply to you know who.

And all appeared at the same time as a Met officer said 'people may wish to change statments*' (*was that the exact word)
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 20 May - 14:58

well yes margaret i agree - the cleaners not just workers mentioned example staff -- cleaning whoever cleaned for oc was very good wernt they -- no dna no finger prints nothing bloody hell bet they are sought after very thorough deep cleaning indeed- standards very high - been in some top star hotels and very clean but not this clean Will the case be re-opened 25346
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 20 May - 16:08

It's not just mr amaral they are suing .

Don't forget the tv station that aired his documentary ...its THREE people that they will have to pay damages to.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 20 May - 16:09

Can you believe the bare faced cheek off the two off them.....taking an extra long lunch break from one case and going to another court to file another law suit.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 20 May - 16:18

This is hypothetical, in relation to the cleaners.

What if someone on holiday knew an ex pat who had a property rental company, who therefore had the need for cleaners. And what if those on holiday needed their apartment thoroughly cleaned so the person who has the property rental company put them in contact with each other and cleaning was carried out.

That would result in the tourists having a very clean apartment, and now maybe SY are looking to speak to those cleaners to get cleaning done or something.

Hypothetically speaking....
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 20 May - 17:49

MaryB wrote:What gets me is this. Cleaners are now branded possible suspects. On what evidence. That they were in PDL and near the apartments. Well this could apply to a lot of people couldn't it.

I haven't re-read all the articles or police "quotes" but have SY referred to them as suspects or is it just our tabloids extrapolating from "persons of interest". Having said that I would hope after two years and £4.5m SY have something more than just a few oddbods not eliminated from enquiries to SY's satisfaction. If that is all they have I can't see the AG considering it "new evidence".
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 20 May - 18:47

In some ways Portugal would be within its rights not to re-open the case. Because they did do an investigation and got nothing but criticism and abuse never mind one Policeman forced out and then sued. And then the McCanns held their own investigation and now Scotland Yard have also decided to do their own thing. So I'd say let these experts get on with it. And if they are so much better than the Portuguese police then the case should be solved soon.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 20 May - 21:07

mossman wrote:This is hypothetical, in relation to the cleaners.

What if someone on holiday knew an ex pat who had a property rental company, who therefore had the need for cleaners. And what if those on holiday needed their apartment thoroughly cleaned so the person who has the property rental company put them in contact with each other and cleaning was carried out.

That would result in the tourists having a very clean apartment, and now maybe SY are looking to speak to those cleaners to get cleaning done or something.

Hypothetically speaking....

Good hypothetical question.... Will the case be re-opened 944533
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 20 May - 21:12

The cleaners could provide valuable information on a lot of things. They will be familiar with the layout of furniture in apartments and if any linen or other items were missing. And if furniture had been changed round. And if people had refused cleaning on certain days. And they would know what apartments were empty.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 20 May - 21:37

I was in London, for the weekend and on a news bulletin, it was stated that Scotland Yard had said that they were interested in 7 people, who needed eliminating from their enquiries into Madeleine's disappearance. If they had said 9, I would have thought 'Whoopee' the McCanns and their 7 'Tapas mates'. However if it is 7 and two of the 7 are the McCanns and the other 5 their 'Tapas mates' I can't see which of the 9 they have eliminated.

I'll go with Scotland Yard, saying cleaners are amongst the people of interest, because the McCanns cleaned their apartment, although I'm not sure if they washed the curtains, that might have been a forum myth.

Regarding the evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment. If Scotland Yard, don't believe that Madeleine did die in the apartment and there was no evidence to suggest she did, I wonder how Eddie and Keela's handler feels. Would he feel that Scotland Yard, didn't believe him, when he said his dog found evidence to show she came to harm in the McCanns apartment!

Also I wonder how the PJ will feel, if Scotland Yard do reach the conclusion that Madeleine didn't die in the McCanns apartment! Scotland Yard are in effect, saying the PJ are incompetent. Are they calling the former Portuguese Police Chief Inspector Tavares Almeida a liar, for reaching the conclusion that Madeleine is dead?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm

For what it's worth, I don't believe that Scotland Yard, should be giving any information to the media, until they have asked the PJ to take the 'people of interest' into custody.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Mon 20 May - 22:12

kathybelle wrote:I was in London, for the weekend and on a news bulletin, it was stated that Scotland Yard had said that they were interested in 7 people, who needed eliminating from their enquiries into Madeleine's disappearance. If they had said 9, I would have thought 'Whoopee' the McCanns and their 7 'Tapas mates'. However if it is 7 and two of the 7 are the McCanns and the other 5 their 'Tapas mates' I can't see which of the 9 they have eliminated.

I'll go with Scotland Yard, saying cleaners are amongst the people of interest, because the McCanns cleaned their apartment, although I'm not sure if they washed the curtains, that might have been a forum myth.

Regarding the evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment. If Scotland Yard, don't believe that Madeleine did die in the apartment and there was no evidence to suggest she did, I wonder how Eddie and Keela's handler feels. Would he feel that Scotland Yard, didn't believe him, when he said his dog found evidence to show she came to harm in the McCanns apartment!

Also I wonder how the PJ will feel, if Scotland Yard do reach the conclusion that Madeleine didn't die in the McCanns apartment! Scotland Yard are in effect, saying the PJ are incompetent. Are they calling the former Portuguese Police Chief Inspector Tavares Almeida a liar, for reaching the conclusion that Madeleine is dead?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm

For what it's worth, I don't believe that Scotland Yard, should be giving any information to the media, until they have asked the PJ to take the 'people of interest' into custody.

The MCcann's did some washing though... due to the 'tea stain'.

Loopdaloop wrote:
Iris wrote:Isn't there tannin in both tea and blood, that's what makes the stains brown?

I think you've hit the nail on the head there! Will the case be re-opened 307691 According to the internet

Tannins have also been reported to exert other physiological effects, such as to accelerate blood clotting, reduce blood pressure, decrease the serum lipid level, produce liver necrosis, and modulate immunoresponses.

Tannins (commonly referred to as tannic acid) are water-soluble polyphenols that are present in many plant foods.

Tea polyphenols and many tannin components were suggested to be anticarcinogenic.

Tannins have also been reported to exert other physiological effects, such as to accelerate blood clotting, reduce blood pressure, decrease the serum lipid level, produce liver necrosis, and modulate immunoresponses.

Taken from the following

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=2375661

Chung et al (1998) Tannins and human health. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition Journal.

Perhaps they used tea to attempt to stem the bleeding and clot the blood following finding Madeline injured?

I also remember that someone said that the same chemical scent which is in human cadvar is also in sea bass..

Both these things they would have learnt in medical training!!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next