Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013)

+34
tanszi
jassi
MaryB
T4two
frencheuropean
fred
cass
Loopdaloop
duncanmac
Wintabells
kitti
almostgothic
interested
kathybelle
Panda
Annabel
wjk
mossman
fuzeta
Lioned
mara thon
Carolina
wantthetruth
Claudia79
Palmeras16
quickfingers
Justiceforallkids
margaret
tabs
Keela
Roasted Arizona
flower
pennylane
curious george
38 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013) - Page 6 Empty Re: Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013)

Post  MaryB Fri 5 Jul - 0:28

Quite. The Portuguese have said if there is new evidence then they themselves will re-open the case. They have not re-opened the case. Therefore we must conclude that the Portuguese do not consider the evidence to be new or credible. End of.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013) - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013) - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013) - Page 6 Empty Re: Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013)

Post  kathybelle Fri 5 Jul - 0:49

MaryB wrote:Quite.  The Portuguese have said if there is new evidence then they themselves will re-open the case.  They have not re-opened the case.  Therefore we must conclude that the Portuguese do not consider the evidence to be new or credible.  End of.

Correct MaryB, I was listening to a news report on the radio and the news from Portugal is, that whatever evidence S.Y. say they have, is not enough evidence to open the case. I do wish the PJ would speak out against the reports that they botched up the investigation and wrongly accused the McCanns of being involved with Madeleine's disappearance.

I'd love to know why the CPS, went over to Portugal, in April of this year.

Finally, while I believe without a shadow of doubt that the McCanns played a part in Madeleine's disappearance, whether it was because they left her alone or by some other means, I cannot see how they can possibly be prosecuted, given the fact the British Government, sprung into action to protect them, less than 2 hrs after Madeleine disappeared.

My beliefs,regarding the McCanns involvement, with Madeleine's disappearance, are based on what I heard them say, not some newspaper report.

In my opinion, Scotland Yard can hardly prosecute any of the McCanns friends, without prosecuting the McCanns. Hence their statement yesterday, when they said the McCanns and their friends were not amongst the 12 people of interest to the 'Yard'.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013) - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013) - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Fri 5 Jul - 1:06

What a load old rubbish propagated by members of this forum how should know better.
I've only got to page three but therecisxso much shit that I feel obliged to respond.
Nowhere has it said they are ruled out. In fact I read the evening standard tonight re the twelve and at the end of the article it mentioned arrests due and a uk trial for the uk people.
We have all seen the files... Who on earth else do you think it can be?
Ignore any McCann spokespeople as you know they talk crap and read between the lines.
Also 'people of interest' is a spin euphemism for suspects.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 5 Jul - 1:25

Loopdaloop wrote:What a load old rubbish propagated by members of this forum how should know better.
I've only got to page three but therecisxso much shit that I feel obliged to respond.
Nowhere has it said they are ruled out. In fact I read the evening standard tonight re the twelve and at the end of the article it mentioned arrests due and a uk trial for the uk people.
We have all seen the files... Who on earth else do you think it can be?
Ignore any McCann spokespeople as you know they talk crap and read between the lines.
Also 'people of interest' is a spin euphemism for suspects.

Of course we all know who is responsible, but that doesn't mean they will be prosecuted, even though I hope they are. I haven't heard any one speak on behalf of the McCanns, so I can't make any comments. However I did hear D.C.I Andy Redwood of Scotland Yard, say that the McCanns and their friends, were not amongst the 12 people they are interested in.

Finally, you may think some of us on here, are stating rubbish, but these are our views and we are entitled to make them.

I'm standing by all my posts, because I know in my heart of hearts, that I make them, based on the files and what I've heard the McCanns and their family say. Also until I learn otherwise, I have no faith in Scotland Yard prosecuting anyone within the McCanns camp. I'm basing this on the protection given to the McCanns, within a very short time of Kate McCann, 'discovering' Madeleine had gone.

I won't be offended if no one agrees with my views, because we all see things differently.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 5 Jul - 1:33

I've just seen Saturday's Mirror online. At the bottom of the article is a "gallery" representing 6 years of "Madeleine" front pages.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 5 Jul - 2:15

The PJ told the McCanns they weren't suspects for quite some time before they became arguido.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 5 Jul - 2:43

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2013-07-04/madeleine-mccann-disappearance/

Lots of footage here ^ including Andy Redwood saying the McCanns aren't 'persons of interest' or 'suspects'.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 5 Jul - 7:25

Cadaver scent all over the place.....off course they are not people off interest
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 5 Jul - 7:28

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Announcement 2pm today (4th July 2013) - Page 6 Empty ROLL OUT........ROLL OUT....

Post  kitti Fri 5 Jul - 8:16

......DEAD PAEDO No.1 on the front off a newspaper.....

DEAD PAEDO No. 2 tomorrow.......bets taken for HEWLETT.........10/1 ......any more bets ....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Fri 5 Jul - 8:52

I can't see how blaming a dead culprit will in any way solve the police's problem. They would never actually be able to prove it as fact, merely supposition and it still wouldn't resolve the issue of whether or not Maddie is alive.

jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Fri 5 Jul - 8:58

Smiths in the frame again - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-couple-could-hold-the-key-to-solving-madeleine-mccann-case-29396720.html

Luke Byrne – 05 July 2013
AN Irish couple could hold key evidence in a fresh investigation launched into the disappearance of British child Madeleine McCann.

A two-year review of the case documents by British detectives has been upgraded to a full investigation into the youngster's unexplained disappearance.
The review by Scotland Yard, nicknamed 'Operation Grange', was ordered by British Prime Minister David Cameron and funded by the country's Home Office.
It has identified 38 "people of interest" from a number of European countries, including 12 from the UK.
Evidence provided at the time by members of the Smith family, from Maple Drive, Drogheda, Co Louth, was considered credible by the review officers.
Martin Smith and his wife Mary revealed to investigators how they saw a man carrying a young child through the streets of Praia da Luz in Portugal on the night Madeleine went missing.
She disappeared on May 3, 2007, from her family's apartment on the Algarve.
The Smith family told police how they had left Kelly's Bar in the resort at around 10pm
They then passed a man walking down the middle of the street who was carrying a girl aged about three to four years old.
It was claimed that the child's head was lying against the man's left shoulder and her arms were hanging down alongside her body.

Madeleine was almost four when she was reported missing by parents Gerry and Kate McCann.
The Smiths returned home the day after the incident and it was only after they had seen the media reports of Madeleine's disappearance that they noted the encounter's significance. They later travelled back to Portugal to give police a statement.
So far, the review team has examined more than 30,000 documents generating almost 4,000 fresh lines of inquiry, but still have one-third of the information to examine.
Irish Independent
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 5 Jul - 9:36

Good. I'm glad SY regard the Smith's evidence as credible. And I hope they also find their later statements about the man they saw and who he strongly resembled credible too.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Fri 5 Jul - 10:02

Wintabells wrote:Good. I'm glad SY regard the Smith's evidence as credible. And I hope they also find their later statements about the man they saw and who he strongly resembled credible too.

Totally agree Wintabells, SY cannot investigate only half of a statement
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Fri 5 Jul - 10:10

Wintabells wrote:Good. I'm glad SY regard the Smith's evidence as credible. And I hope they also find their later statements about the man they saw and who he strongly resembled credible too.

Somehow I feel their interest might be rather selective.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 5 Jul - 10:31

Could someone just clarify what i think Redwood said.

"we're asking people to look for Madeleine, as a ten year old"

If a ten year old girl is assaulted or is subject to being grabbed/snatched, whilst on holiday or just playing out in the UK, because of a passing resemblance to the missing child, and under the guise of " I thought it was Madeleine" will SY take responsibility for that?

Will SY take responsibility if the parent/s of that child batters the crap out of the perceived 'child snatcher' of their daughter?

Or has SY just created a paedophiles 'charter'?

"Just grab at any 10 year old girls, that look remotely like Madeleine, we won't prosecute you if you just tell us you thought it was Madeleine McCann"
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Fri 5 Jul - 11:22

Karen wrote:Smiths in the frame again - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-couple-could-hold-the-key-to-solving-madeleine-mccann-case-29396720.html

Luke Byrne – 05 July 2013
AN Irish couple could hold key evidence in a fresh investigation launched into the disappearance of British child Madeleine McCann.

A two-year review of the case documents by British detectives has been upgraded to a full investigation into the youngster's unexplained disappearance.
The review by Scotland Yard, nicknamed 'Operation Grange', was ordered by British Prime Minister David Cameron and funded by the country's Home Office.
It has identified 38 "people of interest" from a number of European countries, including 12 from the UK.
Evidence provided at the time by members of the Smith family, from Maple Drive, Drogheda, Co Louth, was considered credible by the review officers.
Martin Smith and his wife Mary revealed to investigators how they saw a man carrying a young child through the streets of Praia da Luz in Portugal on the night Madeleine went missing.
She disappeared on May 3, 2007, from her family's apartment on the Algarve.
The Smith family told police how they had left Kelly's Bar in the resort at around 10pm
They then passed a man walking down the middle of the street who was carrying a girl aged about three to four years old.
It was claimed that the child's head was lying against the man's left shoulder and her arms were hanging down alongside her body.

Madeleine was almost four when she was reported missing by parents Gerry and Kate McCann.
The Smiths returned home the day after the incident and it was only after they had seen the media reports of Madeleine's disappearance that they noted the encounter's significance. They later travelled back to Portugal to give police a statement.
So far, the review team has examined more than 30,000 documents generating almost 4,000 fresh lines of inquiry, but still have one-third of the information to examine.
Irish Independent

Maybe the mccanns really are not on the persons of interest list.
The persons of interests list could be who they interview to get more info and then go get their suspects.
As I'm sure the consensus was when we last discusse date smith sighting that this was Gerry McCann.
It sounds like they are gathering all evidence, for a watertight interrogation of the mccanns after!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 5 Jul - 11:27

jeanmonroe wrote:Could someone just clarify what i think Redwood said.

If a ten year old girl is assaulted or is subject to being grabbed/snatched, whilst on holiday or just playing out in the UK, because of a passing resemblance to the missing child, and under the guise of " I thought it was Madeleine" will SY take responsibility for that?

Will SY take responsibility if the parent/s of that child batters the crap out of the perceived 'child snatcher' of their daughter?

"Just grab at any 10 year old girls, that look remotely like Madeleine, we won't prosecute you if you just tell us you thought it was Madeleine McCann"
omg not again - i have been on holiday in hotels and strange people looking gawping at girls - in one hotel one dad was gonna ram a camera where the sun dont shine because he thought his daughter was having her pic taken because she looked like madeleine mcann - yes every blond haired girl on holiday is going to be gawped at - stinks
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 5 Jul - 12:22

cass wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Could someone just clarify what i think Redwood said.

omg not again - i have been on holiday in hotels and strange people looking gawping at girls - in one hotel one dad was gonna ram a camera where the sun dont shine because he thought his daughter was having her pic taken because she looked like madeleine mcann - yes every blond haired girl on holiday is going to be gawped at - stinks

Same thing happened to me in Spain, it isn't funny it is frightening, my daughter was almost pushed off a wall from some twat trying to look into her eye. Yet all thesse years later, we have the quite from Kate "Well we never made much emphasis about it"
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 5 Jul - 12:39

sounds like someone needs a good dose of common sense. why is it that SY is asking holiday makers to look out for a 10 year old girl who may look like Madeleine. What does Madeleine look like, because im damn sure I don't know, and neither does anyone else. what about looking for all the other missing children, can we have made up photos of them at their age now please,
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 5 Jul - 13:06

Interesting comment of A.Redwood , at the end of the Daily star today:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/324615/PM-welcomes-new-Madeleine-probe/

"Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the investigation, said his team has carried out new witness interviews and was in a "unique position" in analysing information from police in Portugal and the UK, as well as seven private detective firms.

He said: "That has given us the ability to see this case with fresh eyes, and through that bring out new, genuinely new, lines of inquiry. And I'm hopeful when we pursue those lines of inquiry that we will be able to bring some sort of resolution. Whether we will be able to solve it is a different issue, but I hope that we will be able to have the ability to move the investigation on."

Whether they will be able to solve? Preparing the public to a deadlock?
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 5 Jul - 13:36

frencheuropean wrote:Interesting comment of A.Redwood , at the end of the Daily star today:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/324615/PM-welcomes-new-Madeleine-probe/

"Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the investigation, said his team has carried out new witness interviews and was in a "unique position" in analysing information from police in Portugal and the UK, as well as seven private detective firms.

He said: "That has given us the ability to see this case with fresh eyes, and through that bring out new, genuinely new, lines of inquiry. And I'm hopeful when we pursue those lines of inquiry that we will be able to bring some sort of resolution. Whether we will be able to solve it is a different issue, but I hope that we will be able to have the ability to move the investigation on."

Whether they will be able to solve? Preparing the public to a deadlock?

Depends what one understands under "resolving the issue". What is the issue for SY? Surely we are talking about a crime not an issue? Issue sounds rather like solving a problem - perhaps the problem is how to extract SY. the UK government and the parents from the situation they find themselves in without losing too much face? That would be mission impossible IMO.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 5 Jul - 13:46

Surely the whole point of all this is to SOLVE it. Solving it shouldn't be a different issue. Solving it is the aim you would have thought. Not just shuffling papers and spending millions in the process. Strange business.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 5 Jul - 14:25

does he mean he comes to the same conclusion as the PJ. That there isn't enough evidence, new or old, to bring charges against anyone. just musing!
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Fri 5 Jul - 14:33

Well, it'll sure be a waste of 5 million quid if he does.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next