Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED.

+38
pennylane
widowan
jeanmonroe
quickfingers
mossman
tanszi
fuzeta
Angelina
chrissie
almostgothic
Carolina
Panda
mara thon
kitti
AnnaEsse
jinvta
SteveT
comperedna
cass
Karen
tigger
whatsupdoc
FSoares
jejune
Gobsmacked
margaret
chrissie1
BelEddie
jassi
dazedandconfused
Annabel
keepingmum
welshy
interested
wjk
nospinnaker
Roasted Arizona
maebee
42 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Empty Re: MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED.

Post  fuzeta Thu 24 Oct - 20:29

Well SteveT I certainly hope so.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 24 Oct - 20:44

I have reservations about this too. especially as Sir Bernard Hogan Howe added to his comment about the difficulties the PJ faced.......... SY know that their reputation is on the line, and their political masters know that, after the expenditure of millions on this and other high profile investigations, failure to produce tangible results may be reflected at the next election. Source: lazzerri-lies-in-the-sun, Hope and Tanner Talk, 24 October 2013, well someone please tell me that this investigation doesn't have a political influence. seems like hes saying, weve got to find a patsy or we and Cameron are done for.

Some interesting information on the number of children not in the crèche Bundleman went a walking too/
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 24 Oct - 20:58

tanszi wrote:I have reservations about this too.  especially as Sir Bernard Hogan Howe added to his comment about the difficulties the PJ faced.......... SY know that their reputation is on the line, and their political masters know that, after the expenditure of millions on this and other high profile investigations, failure to produce  tangible results may be reflected at the next election.  Source: lazzerri-lies-in-the-sun, Hope and Tanner Talk, 24 October 2013, well someone please tell me that this investigation doesn't have a political influence.  seems like hes saying, weve got to find a patsy or we and Cameron are done for.

Some interesting information on the number of children not in the crèche Bundleman went a walking too/
I certainly think that dark forces are still pulling all the strings, though the reason eludes me.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Thu 24 Oct - 21:00

SteveT wrote:I for one believe that the abduction theory is just to allow the last pieces of information to be retrieved. I don't believe a cover up is happening and think that SY and the PJ are playing the McCanns at their own game. Roll on the trial.

I am with you on this one Steve. I can't buy that so much money would be spent just for a coverup which brings us no closer to the truth. Public opinion has not changed and likely will not change unless a live Madeleine is found and the perpetrator is brought to justice.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  BelEddie Thu 24 Oct - 21:04

Also why have several officers of the CPS been out in Portugal ?
BelEddie
BelEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 145
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 24 Oct - 21:16

Jim Gamble ‏@JimGamble_INEQE 51m
It must be a tough time for the #McCann haters given the latest developments & statement from the Portuguese. The truth will always come out

That word again - HATERS.
Tells you all you need to know, doesn't it?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Thu 24 Oct - 21:21

Well after 6 years of reading these forums daily, (i dont post much because i know nothing) this reopening has give me new hope. If nothing comes of it then i will have to go and get a life
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 24 Oct - 21:22

almostgothic wrote:Jim Gamble ‏@JimGamble_INEQE 51m
It must be a tough time for the #McCann haters given the latest developments & statement from the Portuguese. The truth will always come out

Is that the real Jim Gamble ? Using such words is plain childish.

He is right about the truth coming out though. He should be careful what he wishes for.....
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Thu 24 Oct - 21:25

mossman wrote:

Is that the real Jim Gamble ?  Using such words is plain childish.

He is right about the truth coming out though.  He should be careful what he wishes for.....
Mossman i really think the truth will out, already on sky it's disapearance and missing not abducted
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 24 Oct - 21:30

omg chrissie1 that so made me laugh.

and what on earth is Jim Gamble on its not over till the fat lady sings and I don't think shes even on her way to the opera house yet. Really hope he isn't damaged in any way by any future revelations.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Thu 24 Oct - 21:33

If a cover-up was required at the highest levels it would have happened 5 or 6 years ago.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Thu 24 Oct - 21:34

fuzeta wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
fuzeta wrote:I am very suspicious of all this happening now.  I pray I am wrong but I think it is a way of exonerating the McCanns completely. here and in Portugal.  There is something amiss, I would like to have Claudia's view on it.
Simple. Whitewash at the highest level. But I've been wrong before. Just not often.
Thank you Claudia.  You obviously have the same opinion as I.  I hope that we are both wrong MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Icon_flower MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Icon_flower MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 Icon_flower 
Same opinion here too, I think I could virtually see this coming some time ago.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Oct - 21:35

What statement? The one that says "a continuation of the investigation"??? With no mention, anywhere, of any abductor? MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 24 Oct - 21:36

SteveT wrote:If a cover-up was required at the highest levels it would have happened 5 or 6 years ago.
That's what l keep coming back to steve, l bet there's loads go on we never hear about and above all Kate looks terrible this year and they've both lost weight so l remain hopeful of no whitewash.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 24 Oct - 21:37

I really hope so SteveT> I was elated to learn that BHH had supported the PJ then read his concerns about the costs and politics. at this moment, don't know what to think. elated that the PJ have continued the case, just have so many concerns at background rumbles and events.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 24 Oct - 21:38

mossman wrote:

Is that the real Jim Gamble ?  Using such words is plain childish.

He is right about the truth coming out though.  He should be careful what he wishes for.....
Sad to say, but it is the real Gamble.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Thu 24 Oct - 21:38

I am a little depressed. We have all been wishing for the case to re-opened and when it happens so many people see it as a negative thing.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 24 Oct - 21:44

Iris wrote:

What statement?  The one that says "a continuation of the investigation"???  With no mention, anywhere, of any abductor? MCCANN CASE TO BE REOPENED. - Page 4 23324 
He's either misread the situation (which is worrying).
Or he's been listening too hard to his Pro pals on Twitter (which is worrying).
Or he was never neutral in the first place (which is worrying).
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 24 Oct - 21:45

margaret wrote:
SteveT wrote:If a cover-up was required at the highest levels it would have happened 5 or 6 years ago.
That's what l keep coming back to steve, l bet there's loads go on we never hear about and above all Kate looks terrible this year and they've both lost weight so l remain hopeful.

I cannot understand how the Portugese would re-open this, if they were to be party to a whitewash. Would they really want to spend the money, draw it all back up again, waste time and resources ? Why not leave it to Scotland Yard to "solve".

Am I missing something or naive ? It just seems to me that it over complicates everything and is a risky business. The more people involved the more likely something would go wrong. As it stood yesterday, SY did not need the PJ to cover this up, they were on their own. Now a whole other country and police force is again involved, one it seems to me needed good legal cause to re-open.

My head is hurting with this.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 24 Oct - 21:56

SteveT wrote:I am a little depressed. We have all been wishing for the case to re-opened and when it happens so many people see it as a negative thing.
I know exactly how you feel.
I expected to see a lot of happy posters today, but ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Thu 24 Oct - 22:02

The CPS travelling to Portugal shows that there is high level cooperation on the case and strong possibilities of someone/people on the radar. The PJ are now acting on their terms and not the McCanns where they want to create a wild goose chase with sightings all over the world being investigated. Furthermore, the McCanns are now boxed into a position where any attempt to not fully comply with the polices requests will not be tolerated. Checkmate.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 24 Oct - 22:03

SteveT wrote:I am a little depressed. We have all been wishing for the case to re-opened and when it happens so many people see it as a negative thing.
I look at it as a positive thing.I have reservations about Scotland Yard but not the Portuguese now.I believe it most likely there is underlying conflict between the two and some pride is at stake and a competitive edge may well bring certain matters to the fore.
Whatever the outcome may be it will be good for the case to come to a conclusion even if its not the one we want or expect so long as the conclusion is transparent.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Thu 24 Oct - 22:07

As long as it's the truth, and the facts presented convince us of that I will be happy. Justice is all that we want.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 24 Oct - 22:15

The re-opening is not bad news at all. The timing and what's behind are, though. Because there are quite some people I really like on this forum, I would suggest that people keep their expectations low. Safer that way.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 24 Oct - 22:18

i think that portugal have sat watched and listerned they have not got into the whys and hows and now they have had enough of crap being slung at them and their counrty all the pedos running about etc etc and have decided to open the case in the hope that both goverments can work together and find the truth whatever it maybe - re the new timelines i think only if and when all have been requestioned can they move on - think both pj and sy have come to a agreement and someone has helped both by talking but who ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next