Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror

+24
cass
malena stool
almostgothic
Wintabells
Karen
Lioned
dazedandconfused
interested
mossman
margaret
Roasted Arizona
Molly
Panda
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
duncanmac
Ireland
Chris
AnnaEsse
weissnicht
mara thon
tanszi
Annabel
lynn
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 Empty Re: Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 5 May - 13:45

cass wrote:if there is any truth in this , why dig now ?the pj said years ago they would only open the case if there was something they could work on bla bla , now what have they got ? that should be for them to know end of , not the mcanns not the press , i mean if the dig story is true i would hope that its already been done a while ago away from anyone joe public or the press ,it is the beginning of the holiday season and imo would have been done weeks before , unless something very very big has come to the pj

On Facebook, it has been suggested that if the Guardian printed it, it's probably true as they would have checked their sources.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 Empty Re: Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror

Post  duncanmac Mon 5 May - 13:51

I hope the pink blanket turns up ????
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 5 May - 13:54

In one of these threads discussing the proposed digging I think it must have been asked of SY when it would start. The reply was "as soon as we get the go-ahead from the Portugese." Seems like SY is jumping the gun ..yet again.!!! What if the Portugese say the digging will have to wait until the Tourist Season is over?Who is going to pay for this anyway? Havn't the Portugese spent enough???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 5 May - 13:55

AnnaEsse wrote:
cass wrote:if there is any truth in this , why dig now ?the pj said years ago they would only open the case if there was something they could work on bla bla , now what have they got ? that should be for them to know end of , not the mcanns not the press , i mean if the dig story is true i would hope that its already been done a while ago away from anyone joe public or the press ,it is the beginning of the holiday season and imo would have been done weeks before , unless something very very big has come to the pj

On Facebook, it has been suggested that if the Guardian printed it, it's probably true as they would have checked their sources.

But the Guardian referring to the Mirror story state:

A spokesman for the Metropolitan police said that the force would neither confirm nor deny the report. "We are not going to give a running commentary," he said. "From the beginning of Operation Grange [the UK-led hunt for Madeleine], we have made it clear that speculation has been unhelpful to the investigation and that continues to be the case.

"As we have said from the beginning, we will not be commenting on any speculation surrounding this investigation."
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon 5 May - 13:58

AnnaEsse wrote:

I read it in the Guardian, and this gave me hope, best news we have had in 7 years.
Ireland
Ireland
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 141
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Mon 5 May - 14:01

One for the mccanns.....sedation can still be found in bones and hair samples YEARS after death.

Better not let the UK do the tests then shall we.
In fact I hope PT dont allow the UK anywhere near this.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Mon 5 May - 14:03

mara thon wrote:It´s coming up to the main tourist season and of course all tourists want to spend their holiday with the welcome noise of machinery, dug up roads etc.  What could be nicer than being on the beach being covered in dust and not able to hear yourself speak ?    Mccanns trying to wreck tourism for Portugal yet again?

My thoughts exactly Mara Thorn
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 5 May - 14:21

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/13240/9630/05th_May_2014_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_1

You HAVE to listen to this!

Pat Kenny.

Part 1.

36:20 mins onwards (about 7 mins).

PK talking to Mirror journo in PDL.

It was the dead black tractor driver that 'done' it!

So much for the MET's 'team' pot bellied, stinky fella, 'suspect'

And ALL the 'arrests' they were/are about to make!

PK "when will the British investigating team start their digging?"

Journo: "i think we're looking at the next two weeks (from today 5th May 2014).....................best case scenario we're looking at two weeks for Met Police officers to be on the ground and start their excavation"

eta: I've 'recorded' it on my dictaphone thingy, can some techie manage to 'record' and post?

Thanks, in advance, if it's possible.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 5 May - 14:43

jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/13240/9630/05th_May_2014_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_1

You HAVE to listen to this!

Pat Kenny.

Part 1.

36:20 mins onwards (about 7 mins).

PK talking to Mirror journo in PDL.

It was the dead black tractor driver that 'done' it!

So much for the MET's 'team' pot bellied, stinky fella, 'suspect'

And ALL the 'arrests' they were/are about to make!

PK "when will the British investigating team start their digging?"

Journo: "i think we're looking at the next two weeks (from today 5th May 2014).....................best case scenario we're looking at two weeks for Met Police officers to be on the ground and start their excavation"

eta: I've 'recorded' it on my dictaphone thingy, can some techie manage to 'record' and post?

Thanks, in advance, if it's possible.

I would if I could but I can't Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 5 May - 16:40

Are we really supposed to believe Andys got all chummy with the PJ and the Portuguese tourist board and they are going to allow him to land the digging machines on the beaches just as the tourists arrive.

Give it a week or two and we will see another 'frustrated SY refused digging rights' story.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 5 May - 16:44

Blacksmith doesn't believe the police dig story originates with Mitchell. From the Bureau: "...he'd have a nervous breakdown even contemplating leaking something as frighteningly close to home as that...."
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 5 May - 17:13

Ah  yes....the pink blanket.

The  same  pink  blanket  that  was  on  the  bed AFTER the 'abduction'
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 5 May - 17:13

duncanmac wrote:I hope the pink blanket turns up ????

My thoughts exactly!
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 5 May - 17:31

A blue bag would also be a bonus.

Oh, and that rag doll which suddenly disappeared ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 5 May - 18:05

almostgothic wrote:A blue bag would also be a bonus.

Oh, and that rag doll which suddenly disappeared ...

I've just been talking on Jill's about the pink blanket and rag doll.

What I am wondering too, this makes no sense for the Mccanns to mention a possible dead Maddie, isn't their best defence to stick to we believe she is alive?

Why at news of this digging have they backtracked? I don't believe a body will be found in PDL, unless they're digging elsewhere too?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 5 May - 18:44

I suppose that it's difficult, indeed well nigh impossible, for TM to spin a dig.
If they come out and say that she's still alive and the Met are just mucking about, it would ruffle a few feathers down at Op Grange HQ.
So they get their oar in first and talk about 'needing to know' and 'preparing themselves' -  anticipating a new wave of public sympathy and hoping that someone will pin the crime(s) on one of the many pretendy suspects.

But of course, then they have to explain why a stranger-abductor (whatever his motives for entering the apartment) would carry away a dead child which would only impede his getaway.

If the PdL dig produces nothing, then they could do a lot worse than move outwards to investigate the Budens Triangle.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Mon 5 May - 18:47

From the moment I read Matt's story about falling off the boat I've always associated the blue bag with the seabed, perhaps it's because there are so many pictures of the couple sitting on the rocks looking out in that direction.

It's an interesting story for a few reasons, any boating enthusiast will know that you don't randomly fall over strapping. And they didn't really "big up" the story of Russell's heroic activities that night, they went with the lame "relieving Russell" jibe that sounds rather childish really. Did they invent the story to cover up a possible sighting of Matt/something in the water?

I always thought the congregation on the beach was to say their goodbyes. Funny how everyone has a different opinion.
Molly
Molly

Number of posts : 30
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 5 May - 18:56

The picture that always makes me go 'Hmm ...':  Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 303636 

Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 74112848_small
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 5 May - 19:10

almostgothic wrote:The picture that always makes me go 'Hmm ...':  Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 303636 

Maddie Cops To Start Digging Up Resort - Daily Mirror - Page 2 74112848_small

Me too "almostgothic" - in fact it's haunted me for seven years.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 5 May - 19:17

Digging eh?

two locations near the apartment and one near the beach.

Good.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 5 May - 19:22

What I'm most interested to know is why Kate has suddenly started saying they 'need closure '. And then this.....
Also I think the biggest single giveaway if they find the body, will be (if they can still tell), whether or not Madeleine will have day clothes or night clothes on. If by any chance something happened to her before they went out that evening, they may well have panicked and disposed of the body without changing her into night clothes.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 5 May - 19:53

Police will dig two areas of land surrounding the Ocean Club’s Apartment 5A, where Madeleine vanished on May 3 2007, and an area on the nearby beach.

Well, I can't imagine an 'abductor' burying his victim right next to the resort, or even by the beach.... I mean, when could this have happened given the police were everywhere during those first few weeks? But I can see why someone might want to bury it before the alarm was raised that night.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 5 May - 20:17

From Twitter:

JillyCL ‏@JillyCL 14m
Breaking Portuguese TV News: The Rogatory Letter requesting the digging to go ahead has been approved by Portugal. #McCann
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 5 May - 20:21

Where was 'Smithman' heading ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 5 May - 20:24

what if the pj have already found something a while ago , and have started to widen the digging , where did eddie and keela indicate ? is it forum rumour the flower beds ? there must be a reason behind it all now
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next