Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is really happening here

+6
MaryB
kitti
Keela
jassi
quickfingers
wantthetruth
10 posters

Go down

What is really happening here Empty What is really happening here

Post  MaryB Tue 3 Jun - 20:38

Anyone else completely at a loss to understand what's going on here. I just don't get any of it. What's to bet in a week or two they will all just pack up and go home and no questions will be answered and it will be backto square one again for the zillionth time. I hope not.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
What is really happening here Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is really happening here Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

What is really happening here Empty Re: What is really happening here

Post  MaryB Thu 5 Jun - 11:10

Still none the wiser. Another two weeks and then it will be pack up and go home. I was thinking something would come of this but now I don't think it will. Area far too large. They'll say we tried but shame we didn't find any clues. Still I might be wrong.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
What is really happening here Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is really happening here Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Thu 5 Jun - 11:29

Sadly, when I see how completely stage-managed this entire effort is, I'm losing all hope. I think this as about bringing it to an end, but not in the way we'd hope. They want to draw a line and close it all down, declare her dead and exonerate the Mc's.

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Thu 5 Jun - 11:32

I think the officers involved are searching the area properly. Whether they are searching in the right place is another thing.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 5 Jun - 11:52

They can't exonerate the mccanns.

Only a court case can do that.

The final report stands for all to see and SY can't change that.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 5 Jun - 14:34

kitti wrote:They can't exonerate the mccanns.

Absolutely correct. Without a convincing conviction, the McCanns will never be free of suspicion, however much they try.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 5 Jun - 14:39

jassi wrote:
kitti wrote:They can't exonerate the mccanns.

Absolutely correct. Without a convincing conviction, the McCanns will never be free of suspicion, however much they try.

I don't think anyone in their right might would want them free from suspicion. They have played a part, and a big part, in this charade and should be made to pay whether it be in a court of law or before their God.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 5 Jun - 16:25

There either digging in these places because someone has spewed their guts or....

They just shut their eyes and stuck a few pins in the map and dug where the pins went In.

I'm going for the latter..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 12 Jun - 12:11

I did think the case might move forward but it looks like stalemate yet again. The only thing I wonder is were they actually looking for something specific and were they given some kind of tip off about where to dig. Strange they packed up early. Did they not have till the end of the week. Nothing has changed again. Still no imminent arrests of suspects. How imminent can imminent be.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 12 Jun - 12:15

My view is that we are not being told everything and quite rightly so. We have no idea whether they finished early, had specific information, knew where to search, found what they were looking for or indeed found nothing. This is just my opinion but I am remaining cautiously optimistic.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 12 Jun - 12:32

chrissie wrote:My view is that we are not being told everything and quite rightly so.  We have no idea whether they finished early, had specific information, knew where to search, found what they were looking for or indeed found nothing.  This is just my opinion but I am remaining cautiously optimistic.

This is what I agree with. The Portuguese Courts have agreed that SY can go back to Portugal for further investigations. Manually searching is only part and parcel and what they want to do and anything they have found is going off for forensics. Too early for SY to say yet as to whether they have anything positive in the bags of items sent to forensics, so as of today they have to say they have found nothing they can identify.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 12 Jun - 19:27

LJC wrote:
chrissie wrote:My view is that we are not being told everything and quite rightly so.  We have no idea whether they finished early, had specific information, knew where to search, found what they were looking for or indeed found nothing.  This is just my opinion but I am remaining cautiously optimistic.

This is what I agree with. The Portuguese Courts have agreed that SY can go back to Portugal for further investigations.  Manually searching is only part and parcel and what they want to do and anything they have found is going off for forensics.  Too early for SY to say yet as to whether they have anything positive in the bags of items sent to forensics, so as of today they have to say they have found nothing they can identify.

I agree.

The only thing known for certain is that they went, they searched, they have finished for now. The McCanns have had huge power through the press for seven years. There is no reason why this should change overnight, so safe to say doubt whatever is published. Sky did not even report the spray painting accurately, why should they be honest about anything else.

Knowing what happened is one thing, proving it beyond reasonable doubt in court is another. Perhaps that is what the dilemma is.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Sat 14 Jun - 10:44

wantthetruth wrote:Sadly, when I see how completely stage-managed this entire effort is, I'm losing all hope.  I think this as about bringing it to an end, but not in the way we'd hope.  They want to draw a line and close it all down, declare her dead and exonerate the Mc's.

I do not think it will be like this. The McCanns are not talking about the possible events that lead to this, they are only saying about her being alive. Maybe because they need to keep to this story until the end? Maybe it was not the McCanns that wanted the police to do these searches?

If proof is found that she is not alive, then the game ends. No foundation, no more money, no possibility to sue to protect themselves, no possibility for them to say that negative opinions are affecting the search.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down