Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libel Trial!!!!!

+25
jinvta
tanszi
fred
wjk
chrissie
kitti
winjoy
weissnicht
duncanmac
dazedandconfused
AnnaEsse
almostgothic
SteveT
joyce1938
whatsupdoc
Badboy
Claudia79
fuzeta
mara thon
comperedna
Angelina
princess_leia
keepingmum
Keela
Palmeras16
29 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested Mon 4 May - 20:00

I hope Ben Perrin of the Sun keeps trolling the Legal Defence Fund for Mr. Amaral to gauge the magnitude of interest his article has generated and to read the comments which accompany the donations; particularly the recent one from a person whose late father was a journalist and who would be ashamed today of his profession because of the journalists who are not prepared to challenge "the official line".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 5 May - 10:29

interested wrote:They're getting their eighth anniversary story out early so that it doesn't overlap the anticipated royal birth.
Yes, I noticed.
Last year they said 3th of May is more important than 12th. Will the Royal birth change that? (if they can't connect it somehow to their 'anniversary')
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :
Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 5 May - 14:48

[ http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA  
(also to pay with Paypal or cheque : http://pjga.blogspot.nl/  )

http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

8,585 and this last comment:

£20
Kenny Steele
0 mins ago
I have met Goncalo through work when he was in Portimao a year before Madeline went missing. He treated my colleague and I to a meal the first night we arrived there and was always asking if his officers were assisting us properly in our enquiries which they were. I found the Police in Portimao extremely professional and thorough and IT was as a result of Goncalo and his officers that our enquiries were 100% successful. Good luck if you read this Goncalo as I once said to you that "we are the biggest gang in the World"
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 May - 16:11

weissnicht wrote:
interested wrote:They're getting their eighth anniversary story out early so that it doesn't overlap the anticipated royal birth.
Yes, I noticed.
Last year they said 3th of May is more important than 12th. Will the Royal birth change that? (if they can't connect it somehow to their 'anniversary')

Knowing how Gerry likes to plan ahead, they are probably working on their ninth anniversay campaign to detract from Princess Charlotte's first birthday photos and celebrations.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 5 May - 16:16

There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Libel Trial!!!!

Post  winjoy Tue 5 May - 16:20

It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day! It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 May - 16:27

I hope the Portugal Resident does a follow-up to their "Brits forking out en-masse......." article of the other day. The paper needs to draw attention to the fact that, while the majority of contributors are from the U.K., people from all over the world are donating to the Defence Fund for Mr. Amaral because they recognize injustice when they see it.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 May - 16:46

AnnaEsse wrote:There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!

I'd like to sign as well (although as a Canadian I'm not sure I am eligible). Where can I locate it? "Link" please.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 5 May - 17:24

interested wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!

I'd like to sign as well (although as a Canadian I'm not sure I am eligible).  Where can I locate it? "Link" please.

Here is the link. If you right click within the text, you can opt for English translation.

http://peticaopublica.com/pview.aspx?pi=PJGA
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 May - 18:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
interested wrote:

I'd like to sign as well (although as a Canadian I'm not sure I am eligible).  Where can I locate it? "Link" please.

Here is the link. If you right click within the text, you can opt for English translation.

Thanks for the link. I used the English translation but can't "submit" it unless I fill in the "BI" space. I am red-faced to admit I don't understand what "BI" stands for. I tried re-entering my e-mail address in that space but that didn't work. Help would be appreciated.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 5 May - 18:21

interested wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
interested wrote:

Thanks for the link.  I used the English translation but can't "submit" it unless I fill in the "BI" space.  I am red-faced to admit I don't understand what "BI" stands for.  I tried re-entering my e-mail address in that space but that didn't work.  Help would be appreciated.

On a tip from another British person on Facebook, I entered my National Insurance number and for some strange reason, that was accepted.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 5 May - 18:28

Thanks for the link. I used the English translation but can't "submit" it unless I fill in the "BI" space. I am red-faced to admit I don't understand what "BI" stands for. I tried re-entering my e-mail address in that space but that didn't work. Help would be appreciated.

It means Bilhete identidade (Identity card) if you take a shit in Portugal you need your identity card

I just shoved a few random numbers in and it worked
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 5 May - 18:30

I signed it and used my NI No as well. Got an obrigado so assume it went through though I haven't really a clue what I've signed as I couldn't find the English translation
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 May - 18:40

Many thanks to "AnnaEsse" and "fred" - like "fred", I used random numbers and my response has been accepted.

I trust that if I ever have to "go" in Portugal (as "fred" suggested) I had better remember these random numbers. LOL!!!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 May - 19:24

A recent comment from "Becky G.", on the Go Fund Me site for Dr. Amaral's Defence Fund, is worth reading, as well of course the many others.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 5 May - 20:44

winjoy wrote:It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day!  It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

And your point about scousers ?
Please confirm the relevance of that comment
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 5 May - 21:03

duncanmac wrote:
winjoy wrote:It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day!  It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Don't think there was any disrespect for scousers in general, but Kate is a Liverpudlian isn't she?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 5 May - 21:23

dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Don't think there was any disrespect for scousers in general, but Kate is a Liverpudlian isn't she?

So why the need to mention it?
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 5 May - 22:08

duncanmac wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Why not? I must be missing something.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Tue 5 May - 22:36

dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:

Why not?  I must be missing something.

Thank you dazedandconfused - indeed, you are missing nothing. I was simply distinguishing between the one Kate and the other and one of them is a Scouser!
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 5 May - 23:52

Thank you dazedandconfused - indeed, you are missing nothing. I was simply distinguishing between the one Kate and the other and one of them is a Scouser!
[/quote]

So why not call one Kate Middleton, the other Kate McCann, why did you need to highlight the fact that Kate McCann is from Liverpool,
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Wed 6 May - 0:54

Goodness me duncanmac - I had no idea that such a frivolous post would cause so much distress when it is hardly new information that Kate McCann (personally I hate using her full correct name) is from Liverpool and is, therefore a Scouser.  Don't you think it is time to drop this rather silly conversation?  Certainly I wont be commenting on this again lol!
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 6 May - 6:55

Sorry, couldn't resist!
She must be furious. First they need to postpone the 'book' publication, not to 'clash with the Royal wedding..and now this. I bet she is fuming.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Wed 6 May - 8:11

http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA  

(also to pay with Paypal or cheque : http://pjga.blogspot.nl/  

£9,030 of £25k
Raised by 533 people in 6 days

And interesting comments, sometimes very long.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 May - 8:29

Winjoy, your crime was enough to bring DuncanMac out of hiding - he hadn't posted anything until now since mid January!

No more referring to people by their places of origin please.

Yes, I am extracting the urine as I am sure you will realise.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next