Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libel Trial!!!!!

+25
jinvta
tanszi
fred
wjk
chrissie
kitti
winjoy
weissnicht
duncanmac
dazedandconfused
AnnaEsse
almostgothic
SteveT
joyce1938
whatsupdoc
Badboy
Claudia79
fuzeta
mara thon
comperedna
Angelina
princess_leia
keepingmum
Keela
Palmeras16
29 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested Wed 29 Apr - 14:06

Pat Brown's latest post "How the Ruling and Scotland Yard Review HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MADELEINE" is available at www.patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com "....But, in the end, what it may come down to is how important it is to those who run the state, not the people of the state...."
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 29 Apr - 14:08

interested wrote:
almostgothic wrote:As it stands right now, we can only conclude that these were obtained through irregular methods.

And there shiuld be an ifficial investgation into how this happened and who is responsible RIGHT NOW.

I'm just catching up on the overnight posts.  What stands out for me is "IRREGULAR METHODS" but isn't that what this case has been all about.  Parents take their three children on holiday, neglect all three, return with only two and become wealthy.  I see the McCanns have said this current court case was not about money.  If not, and it was only about the principle of the "thing", why didn't they sue for only one Euro.  Rest in peace Madeleine and Brenda Leyland, another casualty of the McCanns.

Exactly.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 29 Apr - 14:20

At the end off the day, the Mccanns sued for 1m.....they didn't get it.

The mccanns sued because they said that the book stopped people looking for Madeleine....the judge said it didn't.

The best is......the mccanns said the book libelled them....the judge said it didn't .

So if the book didn't libel them and the judge states it didn't ....he can put the book on the shelves again and the mccanns must be spitting chips this morning because that was their aim....to bankrupt him and stop his book going back on the Market.

The Mccanns didn't win and the money they get will go to their lawyers...and a bit more.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 29 Apr - 14:39

I thought it said he couldn't sell the books, kitti?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Wed 29 Apr - 14:43

If I rightly understood, G.Amaral has 40 days to appeal. A similar jugement was given in 2009 I think and overruled in appeal by a higher juridiction. And if he looses this appeal, it's possible go to the Supreme Court in Strasbourg. And the money awarded to the McCanns is frozen till the end of possible appeals. So no pockett money in view for them in the short term if Amaral appeals.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 29 Apr - 14:47

I hope Mr. Amaral takes action with regard to the vile Metro headline "Cop who tried to frame McCanns must pay......" Talk about libellous!!!! That particular headline is way over the top.....despicable!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 29 Apr - 14:51

frencheuropean wrote:If I rightly understood, G.Amaral has 40 days to appeal. A similar jugement was given in 2009 I think and overruled in appeal by a higher juridiction. And if he looses this appeal, it's possible go to the Supreme Court in Strasbourg. And the money awarded to the McCanns is frozen till the end of possible appeals. So no pockett money in view for them in the short term if Amaral appeals.

I pray he has the money and strength to take this to appeal. frencheuropean, I really do. Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 29 Apr - 15:19

Can we be sure that any money donated to Mr. Amaral's account to cover his legal expenses has not been "frozen" by the Court? I would like to donate but fear the McCanns might somehow get their fingers on it and do not want to go to my grave thinking I contributed to their financial freedom.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 29 Apr - 16:04

wjk wrote:I thought it said he couldn't sell the books, kitti?

Why can't he sell his books.....the judge says the book isn't libellous ...so why not?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 29 Apr - 16:10

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Wed 29 Apr - 17:00

interested wrote:Can we be sure that any money donated to Mr. Amaral's account to cover his legal expenses has not been "frozen" by the Court?  I would like to donate but fear the McCanns might somehow get their fingers on it and do not want to go to my grave thinking I contributed to their financial freedom.

Here ,interested, the official answer of the Fund to your question:

Donations can be made to http://pjga.blogspot.nl/

"The money collected through the above mentioned links is ONLY used to pay the lawyer and the court costs directly. The name that you see appear on the receipt via pjga blogspot is Paulo Jorge Sargento dos Santos (= Paulo Sargento), one of the friends.

Donations can be made to http://pjga.blogspot.nl/

this is the link to the explanation about the project: http://pjga.blogspot.nl/2015/02/what-is ... maral.html.

PJGA also endorses the new crowdfunding link http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA, for people who have for some reason trouble with Paypal and want to use credit card

Thank you very much for your support."

So no money collected through the above mentioned links is  going to mr. Amaral but  it is used to pay the lawyer and the court costs directly.  NO way this money/these donations ends up in the hands of the McCanns. And money IS needed for the appeal, to try to ensure NO money ends up in the hands of the McCanns at all
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Wed 29 Apr - 17:05

http://portugalresident.com/gon%C3%A7alo-amaral-ordered-to-pay-parents-of-madeleine-mccann-%E2%82%AC500000-in-damages

"Contacted for his thoughts on the ruling, Amaral told the Resident: “We are in the face of a mere battle in a war that is far from over.”
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 29 Apr - 19:27

Merci to "frencheuropean" for your above response @ 17:00. It's good to know that all donations for Mr. Amaral's legal expenses will not find their way into the McCann coffers. And thank you for the direct links you provided, much appreciated.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 29 Apr - 20:23

It looks like the Go Fund Me Legal Defence Fund for Mr. Amaral is getting a steady response. I have made my donation In Memory of Madeleine McCann and Brenda Leyland and I hope the Fund enrages the McCanns.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 29 Apr - 22:13

The only 'friends" the mccanns have are the ones that they have under their thumbs...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 29 Apr - 22:39

It seems that the UK isn't the only nation with a suspect system of justice.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 29 Apr - 23:48

I just checked the Go Fund Me site for donations to Mr. Amaral's Legal Defence Fund to see how it is progressing and I got a message there stating "Campaign Not Found". Does anyone know if this is due to technical difficulties? Earlier in the day I received an email receipt for my donation but can't seem to connect with the site since.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Libel Trial!!!!

Post  winjoy Thu 30 Apr - 0:04

I wonder if it might have been disbanded? No idea whatsoever as to who might be behind such a thing of course.... Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 15327
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Libel Trial!!!!

Post  winjoy Thu 30 Apr - 0:51

The page was apparently reported but it seems to be up and running again now...
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 30 Apr - 0:52

I have just received an email from Go Fund Me. It states that the Campaign is no longer "live" and they are unable to disclose the reasoning for that to anyone other than the Campaign Organizer. It further states my donation is secure and will be sent to the Organizer or refunded to me in full. I have no idea who the Organizer is and, at this point, don't know exactly who makes the choice between the Organizer and a refund.

The fact that the Campaign has been described as no longer "live" is disturbing - another casualty of the McCanns perhaps.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 30 Apr - 1:05

winjoy wrote:The page was apparently reported but it seems to be up and running again now...

Thanks "winjoy" - I've just checked and notice there does seem to have been a delay of about four hours between donations but now whatever the problem was has been resolved. Again, thanks for the heads-up.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 30 Apr - 1:37

Just noticed, according to the article "Gerry and Kate McCann welcome libel payout over book accusing them of hiding their daughter's body" which appears on the website of the Leicester Mercury, it was GERRY who found Madeleine was missing. Now that's news.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Thu 30 Apr - 6:36

interested wrote:I have just received an email from Go Fund Me.  It states that the Campaign is no longer "live" and they are unable to disclose the reasoning for that to anyone other than the Campaign Organizer.  It further states my donation is secure and will be sent to the Organizer or refunded to me in full.  I have no idea who the Organizer is and, at this point, don't know exactly who makes the choice between the Organizer and a refund.

The fact that the Campaign has been described as no longer "live" is disturbing - another casualty of the McCanns perhaps.

Apparently some Pros tried to persuade the Go Fund me that the fund was illegal and it was suspended for an enquiry but soon restored. HiDeHo publishes the answer of The Go Fund that on her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoC ... 219862839/

"Quote:
Thank you for following up and for your cooperation on this.

I have reviewed your campaign and have cleared you to continue raising funds. Your campaign is now live once more here: http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Regards,"
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Thu 30 Apr - 9:26

How the heck ,can the whole story of K s now become g discovery ,without being a very worrying time for them and all the discovery And theatre that had been put out over the years. Whwt are they trying to say after all the rest of non truths ? joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 30 Apr - 10:44

The latest from Len Port:

Thursday, April 30, 2015
Amaral to appeal McCanns' libel action

http://algarvenewswatch.blogspot.co.uk/
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next