Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISC ARTICLES

+2
charlie
Krisy22
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Empty Re: MISC ARTICLES

Post  Guest Mon 17 Nov - 10:19

just gonna copy these photos and put them up for Audrey on her Bebo page
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 17 Nov - 10:24

Oh and nanon...seeing as you are watching this forum too....I've have you know Audrey and Dave said to me last night that Antoinette is amazing and goes out of her way to help them....

I'll also say that if you put as much effort into emailing the press and supporting Audreys family like Antoinette did instead of talking utter nonsense you might have a worthy mission!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 17 Nov - 10:30

I HAVE HAD THINGS LIKE THIS POSTED ABOUT ME BEFORE. TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR HERE. i AM WORKING WITH AUDREY AND DAVE TRYING TO HELP THEM TO FIND AMY AND BRING HER HOME. I HAVE NEVER EVER DONE ANYTHING TO HIDE WHO I AM. I HELP AUDREY OUT WITH HER WEBSITES AND BEBO PAGE ETC BECAUSE SHE IS NOT THE BEST ON COMPUTERS. AUDREY HAS FULL CONTROL OF EVERYTHING THAT IS PUT UP ON ALL HER SITES. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR GLORY FOR HELPING THEM OUT. IF I WAS I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PAPERS BEFORE NOW. EVEN TO THE ONE ARTICLE THAT MY NAME WAS MENTIONED IN I WENT MAD. ALL I WANT IS AMY HOME SAFE AND WELL TO HER MAM. IF THAT IS ME CAUSING TROUBLE I GIVE UP.

WHOEVER IS POSTING THIS INFORMATION ON THESE SITES SAYING THESE THINGS ABOUT ME AT LEAST HAVE THE BOTTLE TO USE YOUR OWN NAME, AND NOT HIDE BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Mon 17 Nov - 10:39

it is always like this. there are people out there than can´t see the good work others are doing only to help, without want nothing for themselves!

Antoinette don´t be sad with this, you know what you are doing and why you are doing and that is the only thing that is important. You don´t need to give explanations to someone that don´t have a name!
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 17 Nov - 10:45

IT WILL TAKE A LOT MORE THAN THIS TO STOP ME HELPING AUDREY AND DAVE. IF THEY HAVE NOTHING MORE TO DO THAN TRY AND DRAG MY NAME DOWN FOR HELPING THEN LET THEM. I REALLY DONT CARE WHO SAYS WHAT ABOUT ME. I KNOW I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. IF NANON WOULD LIKE TO ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHO HE OR SHE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS antoinette.mc@hotmail.com
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 17 Nov - 10:49

Antoinette wrote:I HAVE HAD THINGS LIKE THIS POSTED ABOUT ME BEFORE. TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR HERE. i AM WORKING WITH AUDREY AND DAVE TRYING TO HELP THEM TO FIND AMY AND BRING HER HOME. I HAVE NEVER EVER DONE ANYTHING TO HIDE WHO I AM. I HELP AUDREY OUT WITH HER WEBSITES AND BEBO PAGE ETC BECAUSE SHE IS NOT THE BEST ON COMPUTERS. AUDREY HAS FULL CONTROL OF EVERYTHING THAT IS PUT UP ON ALL HER SITES. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR GLORY FOR HELPING THEM OUT. IF I WAS I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PAPERS BEFORE NOW. EVEN TO THE ONE ARTICLE THAT MY NAME WAS MENTIONED IN I WENT MAD. ALL I WANT IS AMY HOME SAFE AND WELL TO HER MAM. IF THAT IS ME CAUSING TROUBLE I GIVE UP.

WHOEVER IS POSTING THIS INFORMATION ON THESE SITES SAYING THESE THINGS ABOUT ME AT LEAST HAVE THE BOTTLE TO USE YOUR OWN NAME, AND NOT HIDE BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN

Antoinette you dont have to explain to an idiot what work you are doing...you are not working for them...you are working only for Audrey and Dave....

Its obvious they dont like you for the efficiency you have...you are posting all over the internet trying to get Amys name out there for her mother and Dave to get her back home where she belongs!

If they think thats wrong then its them that should give it up...not you...you are doing the best you can...what the muck are they doing apart from talk nonsense!

You are not member of the week here this week for nothing girly!

:Hug1:
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 17 Nov - 10:51

pm wrote:it is always like this. there are people out there than can´t see the good work others are doing only to help, without want nothing for themselves!

Antoinette don´t be sad with this, you know what you are doing and why you are doing and that is the only thing that is important. You don´t need to give explanations to someone that don´t have a name!

The problem with some people is that they dont understand why good people do work for others for free....they expect there to be an ulterior motive!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 17 Nov - 10:53

Antoinette wrote:IT WILL TAKE A LOT MORE THAN THIS TO STOP ME HELPING AUDREY AND DAVE. IF THEY HAVE NOTHING MORE TO DO THAN TRY AND DRAG MY NAME DOWN FOR HELPING THEN LET THEM. I REALLY DONT CARE WHO SAYS WHAT ABOUT ME. I KNOW I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. IF NANON WOULD LIKE TO ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHO HE OR SHE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS antoinette.mc@hotmail.com

Antoinette now dont be silly sweetheart...do you think they will say who they are?

I know who it is and now they know I know who it is!

ENOUGH SAID!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Mon 17 Nov - 10:57

Ambersuz wrote:
pm wrote:it is always like this. there are people out there than can´t see the good work others are doing only to help, without want nothing for themselves!

The problem with some people is that they dont understand why good people do work for others for free....they expect there to be an ulterior motive!

exactly, that´s what i tried to say also
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 17 Nov - 11:13

Antoinette wrote:just gonna copy these photos and put them up for Audrey on her Bebo page

I have some of me with them too but that is not going anywhere MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 Nov - 0:26

Ambersuz wrote:
Antoinette wrote:just gonna copy these photos and put them up for Audrey on her Bebo page

I have some of me with them too but that is not going anywhere MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324

Please pass them onto me Suzanna. You are doing so much for Audrey and Dave too. I will post the other one of u up if you dont MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 18 Nov - 10:11

Antoinette wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

Please pass them onto me Suzanna. You are doing so much for Audrey and Dave too. I will post the other one of u up if you dont MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324

I'll send them tonight from home as they are on my desktop there.....I also have the one photo of the judges that I forgot to put up!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 Nov - 10:27

BRILLIANT. I KNEW I WOULD SHAME YOU INTO IT. MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 18 Nov - 11:05

Antoinette wrote:BRILLIANT. I KNEW I WOULD SHAME YOU INTO IT. MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324

MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 36317 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 816281
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 Nov - 11:10

Ambersuz wrote:
Antoinette wrote:BRILLIANT. I KNEW I WOULD SHAME YOU INTO IT. MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324

MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 36317 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 816281

NO MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 738116 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 738116 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 738116 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 738116 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 738116
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Empty A YEAR AND A HALF SINCE AMY DISAPPEARED

Post  Guest Wed 1 Jul - 10:47

Today Amy is missing exactly a Year and a half and I have just spoken to Audrey and she is very down . She always is when it comes around to any kind of landmark.
She has asked me to pass on her HUGE APPRECIATION to everyone on her that has supported her since Amy went missing.

Please keep Amy in your thoughts today and every day and hopefully one of these days I will be able to post that Amy is home with her Family who are so lost without her.

MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Someon10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 2 Jul - 19:18

Someone somewhere has to know something...I just dont know how people disappear off the face of the earth but the sad truth there are just so many missing!

MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 389741
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 14 Jul - 11:17

Oh dear Antoinette....looking back I just found this....same pattern....same people?

I wonder why they want to stop you?
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Jul - 11:27

Dunno but Im Positive they wont come out and directly tell me. THeir problem is I work with Audrey, While I was working with them I asked I dont know how many times for an email address or phone number for Audrey. They didnt have one but Yet Christine was able to ring Audrey when Amy went missing. To let her know they would all be there for her. Personally I think they wanted all the limelight and let people think that Audrey was doing nothing to find Amy. Unfortunately before I started working with Audrey she didnt have any Idea how to use a computer so she didnt have anything on the net. Now she does and they dont like it

Here's another one that they tried to get stopped

http://www.boardsie.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10341
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 Empty Wasnt Joe Power hired?

Post  Susan Tue 14 Jul - 11:27

And why hasnt he found Amys whereabouts yet? He seems to have found all other missing kids....or so he says!

http://www.joepower.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=54

Last edited by Ambersuz on Tue 14 Jul - 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Jul - 11:28

I dont know IM NOT PSYCHIC MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324 MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 23324

Woops is he?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 14 Jul - 11:42

So he says but others beg to differ!

Joe Power: Psychic Detective… although not a detective, and not psychic

Posted by Marsh in Joe Power, Merseyside, Psychics on May 22nd, 2009

The Liverpool Echo today runs a charmingly-sympathetic feature on local corpse-finder and celeb-séancer Joe Power.

For those of you with good memories for niche outré pieces of pop-culture tat (and why the hell wouldn’t you?), Joe was the chap who chatted with a posthumous John Lennon back in 2006. The reason why many of you wouldn’t have known that – coincidentally the same reason that all of modern science wasn’t turned entirely on its head, causing scientists and philosphers the world over to fall to their knees, beating their breast and cursing their wasted lives in pursuit of damned reason – was that he didn’t actually talk to John Lennon. John Lennon’s dead, he’s not talking to anyone these days, least of all Joe Power (his name gets better the more you say it aloud. Joe Power. Joe Power). More details on that can be found all over the internet. Go ahead, check, I’ll wait.

These days Joe tends to use his ‘powerful gift’ (because his name’s Joe Power. Good punning, Liverpool Echo) to help police with their investigations – the latest being his help in locating Madelaine McCann. Joe Power says:

“I believe I have seen the face of the person who abducted Madeleine and it is not dissimilar to the sketch which the detectives released after help from Jane Tanner”

So his psychic ability appears to have led him to confirm the information police came up with on their own and which they have been working on for a while now. Handy. Coincidentally, my own psychic ability leads me to predict that the River Mersey is wet, that the sky is blue, and that Joe Power is a fraud. If he can retrodict, so can I.

This isn’t Joe Power’s first foray into the world of psychic detection. In the past Joe Power (who’s name really does get better each time you say it out loud) has made similar claims, including having played pivotal roles in the investigations into the death of Sarah Payne and the disappearance of Shannon Matthews – two high-profile cases that were solved without a mention of psychic intervention.

“The police never like to admit they have come to ask me but I have kept all their emails on past cases,” says Joe Power

If that’s the case, then this sceptic is more than satisfied – simply go on record with the emails, Joe Power, show the world that they exist and I will doff my cap, bend my knee, eat my words and personally carry you to the door of the JREF to collect your $1million. But, it seems, the police are indeed reticent to give Joe Power the credit Joe Power deserves – after claims of psychic involvement in the investigation of Lynsey Quy’s murder in 1998, the following official statement was issued by Detective Superintendent Sloan:

“I wish to state, categorically, that as the Senior Investigating Officer on the Lyndsey Quy murder, I made a policy decision not to use psychics on the investigation. Joe Power has allegedly made claims that he assisted the enquiry but this is not the case.” Source – Skeptic Report, January 2007

This seems pretty cut and dry – an emphatic denial of the use of psychics in the police force. As Greg O’Keefe mentions in his article:

“…you don’t hear of many psychics who are regularly contacted by Metropolitan police detectives for help cracking grisly murder cases.”

Too true Greg, too true. In fact, I’d go further – you don’t hear of ANY psychics who are regularly contacted by any police for help psychicly cracking anything. As Scotland Yard themselves will confirm:

“There is no recorded instance in England of any psychic solving a criminal case or providing evidence or information that led directly to its solution.” Source: JREF Encyclopedia

So Joe Power – despite his media-friendly local-boy-come-good life story, his dead-celeb hob-nobbing, and his entirely awesome name (it sounds best in a superhero voice, I’ve discovered) – is not a psychic detective. He is not even a psychic OR a detective. Joe Power is little more than, well… I believe it was Greg O’Keefe himself who mentioned a ‘publicity-seeking psychic personality’…

*Joe Power will be signing copies of his book at Waterstone’s, Bold St, Liverpool at noon on Saturday, June 6. I’m just mentioning. I’m not in any way suggesting anybody should attend. And say his name. In superhero voices. Incessantly.

** Update: Joe Power has his own Facebook fan page, which you can visit. I’ve left my thoughts there, if you decide to follow suit please be kind, many of the people there have suffered real losses which have sadly lead them to believe Joe Power is magic. Also, BadPsychics has an excellent archive on Joe Power, as well as on all of the other psychic-claimants – definitely well worth checking out.

http://www.merseysideskeptics.org.uk/index.php/2009/05/joe-power-psychic-detective-although-not-a-detective-and-not-psychic/#more-54
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Jul - 11:46

Well I have heard what he told Amy's Aunt. personally I wouldnt believe anything out of his mouth. I dont think the Guardia did either.
If they did surely Audrey would be locked up and th ekey thrown away.

What do you think Christine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 14 Jul - 11:47

Hmmm yes...wasnt Eric the one all over the 3A's forum firing questions at you from all sides???

Its seems to me they have an issue with you and Dave for supporting Audrey...... MISC  ARTICLES - Page 2 303636
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Jul - 11:48

http://www.skepticreport.com/psychicpowers/joepower.htm

by Phaedra
January, 2007
Too often over past weeks the name of 'psychic medium profiler' Joe Power has hit the headlines in his efforts to claw his way to the top of the psychic tree.

Firstly, we were told of his participation in a deplorable Lennon US 'pay per view' séance held last month, during which it was declared that Lennon had communicated the words "Peace... the message is peace" in a tacky stunt roundly condemned by Lennon's family and estate. With little else happening during a lacklustre broadcast, I'm sure Starcast Productions thanked their lucky stars for the phenomenon of auditory pareidolia!

Secondly, Power hit the headlines again earlier this month in dubious connection to the investigation into murdered teenage model Sally Anne Bowman. Power goes further than is wise for any psychic to venture (and certainly further than even spiritualist Ben Murphy's previous divinations on the matter) when he claimed that Sally Anne has told him her killer's name -"Stephen' or ' Stephan' 'White.' In spite of Power's 'information' Sally Anne's killer is still at large.

Who is Joe Power?

Formerly known as Joe Bolster or Joe Bolster-Power, this Skelmersdale born self-professed psychic has been on the scene for several years telling us on his web site that he is the "UK's finest psychic medium profiler...renowned for his involvement in helping police solve high profile crimes". Power has been variously described as:

"THE UK's next psychic phenomena ... incredible psychic powers..."
"recognised on an international level for his spirit communication abilities"
"He's amazing!"
Chat Its Fate Magazine, Mary Bryce, Editor.
According to his site it appears that Power peddles his trade on the basis of "giving private readings and being involved in helping the police solve high profile crimes and, mothers who have missing children by giving evidence of there whereabouts."
The cases that he uses to lend credibility to his work are also detailed in a series of sympathetic press articles. We are told, "his accuracy as a medium is so precise he could tell you what your house looks like, down to what picture you have on your bedroom wall. Joe is clairvoyant, clairaudient and clairsentient, meaning he sees, senses and hears spirit as well as having amazing psychic abilities. Joe has a number of Guides to help him with his work."

Notably, corresponding endorsements from official agencies involved are completely absent.

The Lynsey Quy Murder Inquiry

Much of his claimed credibility, and indeed his very development, as a medium rest on one particular case - that of murdered 21-year-old Southport woman Lynsey Quy . Lynsey vanished in December 1998 leaving a young family. Eighteen months later, husband Mitchell Quy dropped his pretence of playing the distraught husband when he admitted his part in killing and dismembering her body after she had threatened to divorce him. His brother Elliot Quy had assisted.

Unusually for a medium, Mr. Power implies, to anyone who will listen, that he was directly responsible for providing vital information which eventually led police to the location of Lynsey's dismembered body in 2000 saying:

"I didn't even know I was psychic at the time but Lindsey told me where she was. It was such a powerful message that I ended up talking to the Southport police. They didn't listen to me at first but she wouldn't go until they got their information - she was quite persistent"...... Joe added that Lindsey's remains were unearthed where he had predicted.."
Source
Clearly inferring, for public consumption, that Merseyside police did listen to him after some initial reluctance suggesting the introduction of new lines of enquiry. Surely by any standards a truly incredible feat and, if substantiated, would undoubtedly represent the first recorded instance of a psychic 's information directly leading to the location of vital evidence. - Or is it?

A quick check of the web is sufficient to see the huge contribution that Power claims to have made in the discovery of Lynsey's body even being reported as, "The psychic, who claims to have given police vital clues in the cases of Southport murder victim Lynsey Quy...."

That connection is the very foundation stone of Joe Power's career and an event that he has used to further his own ambitions ever since. In addition to articles featured on Power's web site , he has repeatedly stated in interviews that Lynsey's spirit came to him in the middle of the night, during a fitful sleep passing on valuable information as to her whereabouts.

"I'm Lynsey, Lynsey Quy," she whispered. "I've been carnaged, mangled."

The 'Crosby Herald' reported that "The Southport murder victim spoke to the medium in his sleep, he says, telling him where she was buried, which led to the police exhuming her remains where Joe had told them." While the 'Southport Visiter' reported, "that Lynsey came to him in dreams four months before her dismembered body was unearthed. She told Joe where she was and he saw vivid images of a fairground and a railway station. Although the police took some convincing, Joe ' s dreams were incredibly accurate, even down to the colour of Lynsey's bedroom wardrobes. Since Lynsey's remains were discovered where Joe had predicted, he has been approached by the police again for assistance with other cases."

According to Power the story went something like this:

"I was convinced the police would write me off as a nutcase who'd nothing better to do then waste their time. But a young woman who had gone missing had been murdered. And I knew where the body was....Getting the police to take me seriously wasn't going to be easy. I knew they dealt in hard evidence, facts, witness statements, clues not dreams."
"First of all, they must have been suspicious of me, what with me telling them things like she'd been chopped up," he says. "I told them that they needed to search around a railway and fairground.....I was getting flashes of those places in my mind."

However, to the skeptic, Power's claims look rather more like wishful thinking. He seems unable to produce anything in the way of testimonial or ringing endorsement from either the police or the family involved. Lynsey's parents, Peter and Linda Wilson, did call in a psychic to help at one point but it was not Joe Power it was Uri Geller, who, rather unhelpfully bearing in mind the Southport's location by the sea, told them to look "near water".

Case Closed

In any event, eighteen months after Lynsey's disappearance, the Merseyside Police murder team, headed by Detective Superintendent Geoff Sloan, decided it had enough circumstantial evidence in the absence of a body, to form a case against Mitchell Quy. The team's hard work and persistence paid off resulting in his eventual conviction. When asked about Joe Power's supposed contribution to events; Detective Superintendent Sloan was most emphatic, saying:

"I wish to state, categorically, that as the Senior Investigating Officer on the Lyndsey Quy murder, I made a policy decision not to use psychics on the investigation. Joe Power has allegedly made claims that he assisted the enquiry but this is not the case."
So despite Joe Power's claims to the contrary, the police insist that Power was most certainly not involved in assisting in the Lynsey Quy case. History records that the police discovered Lynsey's dismembered body after husband Mitchell confessed to her killing in June 2000. It was in fact husband Mitchell Quy who informed the police as to the sites where her body parts had been buried not Joe Power.

Blurring the lines

Now that Merseyside Police have kindly established the facts, subsequent claims by the medium that after the Quy case that 'the police began to take his powers more seriously' and have 'approached him since, hoping he could provide leads in other cases' now look hollow, inaccurate and misleading. The degree of detail appearing in the 'Chat Its Fate' article, in particular, looks suspiciously like a simple though distasteful case of retrofitting the facts as they became known into his original speculative vision to manufacture a false impression of accuracy.

Clearly, an early reliable independent account of Joe Power's initial visions from the preceding 18 months before Mitchell Quy was charged would do much to clarify matters. Unfortunately for Joe Power, the majority of accounts available appear to stem from one or two interview pieces originating as late as 2004 - four years after Quy's arrest. Certainly, contemporary news reports going back to January 2001, the time of Mitchell Quy's conviction, neglect to mention Mr. Power or his alleged contribution. So often in these circumstances the line between fiction and fact can become conveniently blurred.

Of course, the technique of retrofitting has long been identified as the mainstay of psychic detectives (Nickell 2001b, 125-126) and involves the simple practice by some psychics of augmenting their vague initial speculations with known facts as they surface in the public domain for their own self-promotion. In this way a history can be re-written, the facts distorted and the uninformed beguiled.

'Assisting' the Police

The Skeptic Express did contact Claudine Hope, Joe Power's manager, for clarification of his precise role in the Lynsey Quy case. To which she commented:

"Thank you for your email and concern about the Lynsey Quy case. Joe Power did how ever make a statement in the Southport Police station where he spoke with a women officer who gave Joe a receipt for the statement made."
Surely Ms Hope is not asking us to choose between the word of a psychic whose abilities remain untested and unproven and that of a respected senior police officer?

In any event, what is apparent is the vast difference in meaning that the term 'assisting the police' has for both psychics and the police. While it's possible that Joe Power made a statement to police at the time as she says (ensuring to collect a receipt for future use), the critical point remains not that he did - after all anyone could do the same - but the precise value of the 'information' imparted. It's a sobering thought that despite, Mr. Power's 'amazing accuracy' and the help of a 'number of spirit guides', sadly Lynsey's head and hands have never been found.

In view of Ms Hope's words, a psychic has only to make a statement (ensuring to collect a receipt) however banal to claim that they have 'assisted the police' with a case albeit in a technical sense. A convenient and deplorable PR ploy for any budding psychic sleuth with ambitions for the top!

Joe Power has traded on his alleged connection with the Lynsey Quy murder investigation for too long. Even as I write Power is still cashing in on this tenuous connection in several ways:

The Canadian TV show 'Psychic Investigators' is scheduled to air May 31, 2006 - 11:30 PM. As the programme blurb describes : "Series 1, Episode #003 Lynsey Quy Lynsey Quy a young mother and wife mysteriously vanishes on Christmas day, her husband reports her missing, the police start their search. Psychic Joe Power has a nightmarish vision of a woman brutally murdered, and he's convinced it's Lynsey contacting him beyond the grave, seeking help."
Press Release advertising his stage tour 'Power of the Seventh Sign'
His web site
Unfortunately as his web site shows, Mr. Power's claims have not stopped there. Not only has he recently claimed to know the name of Sally Anne Bowman's killer, he has made further claims in the past of alleged assistance to police concerning other high profile murders namely those of 8 year old Sussex girl Sarah Payne and especially Merseyside woman Helen McCourt who disappeared in 1988. It is reported that Joe began working with Helen's mother, Mary, over three years ago and now believes he knows where the body is. Looking back he has made a number of predictions:
In March 2005 he said: "Let me say, from the information I've given to the police, I'm pretty certain it will lead to Helen being found, " he says confidently. "We're waiting for the officers to come back to us." Source
June 2005: Police have missed something very early on which will be the clue to finding her. I believe the killer had help, if not in Helen's death, in the events which followed afterwards." Source
July 2005, he made similar pronouncements in a local newspaper Wigan Today in June 2005 saying that "Helen has been "coming to see me" for the past three and a half years, and he is able to see and hear her with the help of a spirit guide. But it has taken him this time to assemble the information into an understandable form."
Sadly, it is now May 2006 and Helen McCourt is still missing.
Who Benefits?

So who benefits from Joe Power' s claims of 'incredible psychic powers'? Not the police. Most UK forces have come out firmly opposed to the use of psychics as a recent survey has shown. From experience they treat all such psychic sleuths with great caution to the extent that a guidance report on missing persons for the Association of Chief Police Officers produced in 2005 advised:

"Information from psychics. . . can create pressure for searches to be made of these areas, " it reads. "Such information must be treated with extreme caution and evaluated against the prevailing situation."
Certainly, not the families of the victims concerned who waited back then and continue to wait in the hope of news, when:
Only Mitchell Quy could find Lynsey,
Helen McCourt is still missing*
Sally Anne Bowman's killer is still at large*
Of course, the answer is none other than Joe Power 'Psychic Medium Profiler' himself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*If you have any information concerning these cases, please contact: the National Missing Persons Helpline
FreeFone 0500 700 700 from the UK, or +44(0)20 8392 4545 from abroad
All calls are confidential

Further Reading

Tony Youens: Joe Power

Sources

With special thanks to Det. Supt. Geoff Sloan, Merseyside Police.

TV medium coming to Middlesbrough theatre
Life sentence for wife killer
Imagine what Lennon would say
Come face to face with the powers of Joe Power
Lynsey Quy Murder

Ordinary Joe claims the power of vision
"Psychic sleuth without a clue", Skeptical Inquirer, May-June, 2004 by Joe Nickell
Seeing Power
An evening to remember with a real dream team
Medium brings power to stage
The Skeptic Express
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next