Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

+23
T4two
Dimsie
Faithlilly
4timesanan
ann_chovey
malena stool
Eve
Justiceforallkids
Keela
Carolina
louiseh
jozi
sans_souci
FSoares
MJH1901
Lioned
lea
tabs
Susan
MaryB
buildersbum
Judge Dread
steve1295
27 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Empty Re: THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 16:21

lnorton wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
eddie wrote:I have removed the sensitive content from lNorton's post on page 3.

Phew! I'm glad to hear it!
I apologise to everyone my post offended.

Thank you Inorton. It's just that whatever we might think about some issues, we need to be circumspect for the sake of the forum. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Icon_flower THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Icon_flower THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Empty Re: THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 16:35

sasha wrote:The search was unprecedented costing the Portugese Taxpayer at least £2 million,

Above is a snippet from one of Beattie's posts.

What really pisses me off is that I am british but paying Portuguese tax so my hard earned money is paying for a search for a child who wasn't abducted. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 371436

Hi Sasha,

At the moment the McCanns must think they can walk on water, dictating to the Portugese Judiciary, but I
think this time they have overdone it. Only recently the Portugese President of Eurojust had to resign because he tried to
influence the Portugese Judiciary in a case.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 16:54

Beattie wrote:
sasha wrote:The search was unprecedented costing the Portugese Taxpayer at least £2 million,

Above is a snippet from one of Beattie's posts.

What really pisses me off is that I am british but paying Portuguese tax so my hard earned money is paying for a search for a child who wasn't abducted. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 371436

Hi Sasha,

At the moment the McCanns must think they can walk on water, dictating to the Portugese Judiciary, but I
think this time they have overdone it. Only recently the Portugese President of Eurojust had to resign because he tried to
influence the Portugese Judiciary in a case.

I hope they are about to find out that they were badly advised in taking action against Snr Amaral.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 17:14

AnnaEsse

The Mccanns are trying everything to scupper Amaral but I think he will have plenty of help from Portugese
Lawyers to advise him. I wonder just who is advising the McCanns on the Portugese strategy, it should be
Duarte of course but the hand of Carter Ruck might be guiding her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 17:25

Beattie wrote:AnnaEsse

The Mccanns are trying everything to scupper Amaral but I think he will have plenty of help from Portugese
Lawyers to advise him. I wonder just who is advising the McCanns on the Portugese strategy, it should be

I want to see the McCanns come out of that court with, as we say in Glasgow, faces like skelped erses!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 17:43

AnnaEsse wrote:

I want to see the McCanns come out of that court with, as we say in Glasgow, faces like skelped erses!

So do I.........don"t think we have a similar saying in Wales THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 8 Jan - 17:43

Not much chance of that Anna. They will skulk out of the back door, and the PR man would go and give his opinion to the media, spouting that the corrupt Portuguese judical system is unfair and corrupt, and kate and gerry will fight on to find madeleine.... blah, blah!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 8 Jan - 18:38

Beattie, I have heard fellow Welsh people refer to someone having variously " a face like a smacked a..e", "a face like a chicken's a..e in the moonlight", and possibly unique to Wales " a face like a ripped dap" THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 8 Jan - 18:42

My favourite Alfie is...

A face like a bag of spanners.

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 8 Jan - 18:45

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 23324 @ malena, very appropriate - as modelled by Kate, eh! THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 306321
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 18:53

Alfiefinn wrote:Beattie, I have heard fellow Welsh people refer to someone having variously " a face like a smacked a..e", "a face like a chicken's a..e in the moonlight", and possibly unique to Wales " a face like a ripped dap" THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124

I wonder what a chicken"s a..e in the moonlight looks like, the mind boggles. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 23324 :lmaoMy Mother used to have some weird sayings "that"s a lovely kettle of fish" meant "that"s a fine mess"..........no wonder I grew up
the way I did. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124 THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Fri 8 Jan - 19:01

Beattie wrote:
Alfiefinn wrote:Beattie, I have heard fellow Welsh people refer to someone having variously " a face like a smacked a..e", "a face like a chicken's a..e in the moonlight", and possibly unique to Wales " a face like a ripped dap" THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124

I wonder what a chicken"s a..e in the moonlight looks like, the mind boggles. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 23324 :lmaoMy Mother used to have some weird sayings "that"s a lovely kettle of fish" meant "that"s a fine mess"..........no wonder I grew up
the way I did. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124 THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 306321 beattie and Alfie.....my Dad's was.... 'a face like a fiddle'!

A couple of my Mum's....'I'm not worth a scaud o' crabs' (don't feel up to much)

'Jordan's a hard road to travel' (life's hard)

'if ever a woman suffered' (if feeling hard done by)

she had so many sayings it's a wonder i can speak normal English at all. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 8 Jan - 19:07

Anna, it's amazing the things our families saddle us with -features, gestures, attitudes and phrases! THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124

But what really worries me is when I catch myself muttering the very things I used to laugh at them for saying THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 613255
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 19:15

Alfiefinn wrote:Anna, it's amazing the things our families saddle us with -features, gestures, attitudes and phrases! THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124

But what really worries me is when I catch myself muttering the very things I used to laugh at them for saying THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 613255

One of my favourites was "God"s good, if he don"t come he sends". Alfie, youv"e got a problem. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 19:25

Beattie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

So do I.........don"t think we have a similar saying in Wales THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124

You're just much more polite than us Weegies!!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 19:27

fred wrote:Not much chance of that Anna. They will skulk out of the back door, and the PR man would go and give his opinion to the media, spouting that the corrupt Portuguese judical system is unfair and corrupt, and kate and gerry will fight on to find madeleine.... blah, blah!!

"Kate and Gerry now need to be left in peace to carry on with their search for Madeleine and to consider launching an appeal against this unhelpful and ludicrous decision."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 19:28

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 306321 Ann_Chovey

Our Family didn"t have" two ha"pennies to rub together" as my dear departed Mother would say, but I had
a happy childhood and Mums didn"t work in those days so there was more Family life if you know what I mean.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 19:30

Alfiefinn wrote:Anna, it's amazing the things our families saddle us with -features, gestures, attitudes and phrases! THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 294124

I know! I sometimes catch myself coming out with things my mother used to say. Forgive me mammie for mocking you!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 8 Jan - 19:33

AnnaEsse wrote:
fred wrote:Not much chance of that Anna. They will skulk out of the back door, and the PR man would go and give his opinion to the media, spouting that the corrupt Portuguese judical system is unfair and corrupt, and kate and gerry will fight on to find madeleine.... blah, blah!!

"Kate and Gerry now need to be left in peace to carry on with their search for Madeleine and to consider launching an appeal against this unhelpful and ludicrous decision."

In a nutshell, YES! The Mcs will never, ever back down, they haven't anything to lose now, they are on the ropes, but will keep fighting,there isn't anything now they won't do.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 8 Jan - 19:35

To this very day my brother and I tease my mother by saying "Don't do that, you'll have someone's eye out."

Apparently, she went to school who blinded himself with a paper aeroplane, but mum used that phrase on any occasion when she felt 'danger' might strike THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 23324

ETA in the McCanns' mind their reputation is the most important thing and is worth any trial (pardon the pun). This is why they're so deadset on trying to silence Sr Amaral and any blog that threatens their reputation in the public eye.

Last edited by Alfiefinn on Fri 8 Jan - 19:39; edited 2 times in total
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 19:38

AnnaEsse

A Friend of mine is from Glasgow and she has a very strong accent and sometimes I can"t understand what she is saying.

I used to love Rab C Nesbit and Billy Connelly. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 19:39

fred wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

In a nutshell, YES! The Mcs will never, ever back down, they haven't anything to lose now, they are on the ropes, but will keep fighting,there isn't anything now they won't do.

The knights who say ni come to mind!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Fri 8 Jan - 19:40

Beattie wrote:THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 306321 Ann_Chovey

Our Family didn"t have" two ha"pennies to rub together" as my dear departed Mother would say, but I had
a happy childhood and Mums didn"t work in those days so there was more Family life if you know what I mean.

I do indeed......I would sit colouring in while Mum peeled spuds and we listened together to Mrs Dale's Diary (she was always worried about Jim)!
and Music While you Work. I'm not that old but I remember it so well. Poor Maddie, she never stood a chance, she would have been happy with our kind of childhood I think, no creche, no kids clubs and no foreign holidays.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 19:41

A Friend of mine is from Glasgow and she has a very strong accent and sometimes I can"t understand what she is saying.

I used to love Rab C Nesbit and Billy Connelly. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 25346

My ex-husband couldn't understand what my mother was saying. As for Rab C Nesbit, he used to frequent the local pub where my family lives and was friendly and funny!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 19:43

ann_chovey wrote:
Beattie wrote:THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 4 306321 Ann_Chovey

I do indeed......I would sit colouring in while Mum peeled spuds and we listened together to Mrs Dale's Diary (she was always worried about Jim)!
and Music While you Work. I'm not that old but I remember it so well. Poor Maddie, she never stood a chance, she would have been happy with our kind of childhood I think, no creche, no kids clubs and no foreign holidays.

We were probably one of the last families in the UK to get a telly! We used to spend evenings with the radio on, listening to plays and music programmes, while playing cards, snakes and ladders, ludo and other board games.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next