Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

+51
AnnaEsse
chrissie
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
fuzeta
Angelina
Annabel
buildersbum
margaret
halfamo
Indigo
docmac
tanszi
Dimsie
Angelique
jejune
fred
Karen
POPPY1
blossom45
lifeisforliving
T4two
SteveT
pennylane
Chris
Alpine Aster
mumbles
zodiac
Wallflower
bootsy
MaryB
Midas
Christine
Fudge
contrary
Roasted Arizona
xtina
frencheuropean
Colonel Fabien
dutchclogs
maebee
nospinnaker
jassi
keepingmum
Carolina
Claudia79
flower
hobnob
fedrules
55 posters

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 Empty Re: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  dutchclogs Sun 12 Dec - 8:05

AnnaEsse wrote:
docmac wrote:
maebee wrote:I just caught the end of Max Clifford speaking to Sky about the Dewani case and he made some reference to the "stuff that came out of Portugal during the disappearance of Madeleine McCann". Did anybody else hear this interview?

Anyone? I'm really keen to hear more about this.

Me too. So, let's keep this near the top for a while.

BUMP LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 25346
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 12 Dec - 8:08

Last night her father spoke of the ‘living hell’ his family has been through. He said: ‘No one here is getting any sleep any more. We sleep for two hours at a time at the most. I have lost 7kg since her death. The pain is always there.

This is 'grief' as most of us know it.

Poor Anni. Such a beautiful woman.

Hope to goodness they get him back to SA asap!

mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 12 Dec - 8:10

dutchclogs wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
docmac wrote:
maebee wrote:I just caught the end of Max Clifford speaking to Sky about the Dewani case and he made some reference to the "stuff that came out of Portugal during the disappearance of Madeleine McCann". Did anybody else hear this interview?

Anyone? I'm really keen to hear more about this.

Me too. So, let's keep this near the top for a while.

BUMP LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 25346

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 306321 Dutchclogs,

The answer is on the previous page.

See Maebee's post at 2:16 am

Last edited by mumbles on Sun 12 Dec - 8:20; edited 1 time in total
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 12 Dec - 8:17

AnnaEsse wrote:If Max Clifford is comparing the McCanns with this Dewani chappie and saying that they have all been fitted up by Johnnie foreigner cop, I doubt the McCanns will be thanking him because I think Mr Clifford's client is definitely in the doo doo.

He will probably be saying that eating in the restaurant was like "eating in your back garden" and that there is nothing wrong with a quick jaunt down to the townships after dark - "after all we all do it". Ludicrous and ridiculous already seem to feature prominently in his utterances. Do you think there is a "spokesperson's script" that they all learn from?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Sun 12 Dec - 9:03

OK. So he's got himself a Mitchell-alike. I think it's time to get himself some of the most feared libel
lawyers-alike now, because people are talking. And they are saying very unhelpful and hurtful things about this guy.

As her next of kin, do we think he will trademark any of his wife's features or name in any way? I wonder if his brethren told him to keep a diary to help him through this time? I suppose it goes without saying that somebody well-known like JK Rowling has already got hold of a publisher for him to write the book. Which should lead to a film. Ooooh ....... I hope it's authentic and all on location! What fabulous settings for a film. Mumbai, Cape Town and The Ritz in Paris. What a tear-jerker it would be to see that diamond ring on a rose - when we already know the ending. And who knows .......with a bit of poetic licence ........ the boss of the Ritz could do a little cameo and sit at the table and tell the happy couple a tale of his son and his son's girl-friend, a white Renault, and a Parisian underpass ........ This could be one desperately tragic money-spinning weepy film.

Call me cynical ....... but the hit-men seem to have been a bit bloody casual and reluctant. A bit too laisser faire. It looks a bit like temptation, pressure and coercion to me. Hitmen in those townships would be like millionaires with 1500 quid. If it is what it looks like ....... I think the poor bastard who is serving 18 years should have his sentenced reduced to five years. But be regularly driven around the townships in manacles, at least every few days, so that he can tell the townsfolk and passersby that it is not nice to take money from British people who want their wives shot.

Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 473
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Dec - 9:07

Oh, good! Another nail in the coffin for that pair of lying twisters. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 12 Dec - 9:27

This reminds me of a case a few years ago, a guy who murdered his girlfriend the day befor Valentines Day because she was going to leave him, made out that the day the woke up, he gave her a card and a diamond ring, he said that they had a cuddle then they went off to work,when he came back home on the night after two hours he "just knew something was wrong"
This guy was so convincing he was in floods of tears saying how much he loved her, FFS he had murdered her, he had not even seen her on Valentines day but boy did he put on a good act, but after lots of interigation and catching him out, he confessed and told the Police were her body lay.

ETA: This guy was actually on the programe last year, regarding that Karen Matthews, were the body language expert explained about how confincing they can be, but pulled their body language to bits

I was in a coffee shop and I got talking to this guy who had been part of the investigating team, he said they knew the first time they went to speak to him, because he was speaking about her in the pastence, also they had the body language expert watching in on the "TV appeal"

So sorry Clifford and Dewani tears and sob stories dont mean nowt
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 12 Dec - 11:16

Iv"e only half been following this case , so correct me if I"m missing out anything important.

Guy gets Married to a beuatiful woman and on Honeymoon has a few arguments and approaches a Taxi Driver he had never met before
to kill his wife. Taxi Driver obliges by finding 2 accomplices to do the dirty deed and they are all paid £1,300. Police find the threesome
who say the Bridegroom commissioned the hit. The Bridegroom returns to U.K. devastated and denying any involvement, when asked to
return to S. A. he says he is too ill and engages a well known PR guy to be his spokesman. In the meantime one oif the accused plea
bargains for a lighter sentence admitting that the Bridegroom requested the hit and the 3 accused received the paltry sum of £1,300 for
taking the life of a beautiful young woman. He received an 18 yr Prison Sentence. Have I missed anything out? The only comment I
have apart from the obvious "you couldn"t make it up" is, how did the Husband know he could so easily and cheaply arrange a hit?

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel Fabien Sun 12 Dec - 12:07

Panda wrote:

Iv"e only half been following this case , so correct me if I"m missing out anything important.

Guy gets Married to a beuatiful woman and on Honeymoon has a few arguments and approaches a Taxi Driver he had never met before
to kill his wife. Taxi Driver obliges by finding 2 accomplices to do the dirty deed and they are all paid £1,300. Police find the threesome
who say the Bridegroom commissioned the hit. The Bridegroom returns to U.K. devastated and denying any involvement, when asked to
return to S. A. he says he is too ill and engages a well known PR guy to be his spokesman. In the meantime one oif the accused plea
bargains for a lighter sentence admitting that the Bridegroom requested the hit and the 3 accused received the paltry sum of £1,300 for
taking the life of a beautiful young woman. He received an 18 yr Prison Sentence. Have I missed anything out? The only comment I
have apart from the obvious "you couldn"t make it up" is, how did the Husband know he could so easily and cheaply arrange a hit?

Panda I suggest that you read the entire thread and you might find what you are missing. It seems that this guy has family in SA and he is now implicated in another hit on an Indian man to whom he is connected.
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 12 Dec - 12:30

Colonel Fabien wrote:
Panda wrote:

Panda I suggest that you read the entire thread and you might find what you are missing. It seems that this guy has family in SA and he is now implicated in another hit on an Indian man to whom he is connected.

Thanks for the update, to be honest the subject matter does not interest me that much which Is why I have visited the thread so
seldom.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 Empty The man who nailed Shrien Dewani

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Dec - 17:01

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Report-The-man-who-nailed-Shrien-Dewani-20101212

Adriaan Basson, Babalwa Shota and Julian Jansen

Johannesburg - The middle man who allegedly recruited two young hitmen from Khayelitsha to kill Swedish tourist Anni Dewani is a receptionist at the Protea Hotel Colosseum in Cape Town, City Press reports.

Monde Mbolombo is the key State ­witness in the case against ­Dewani’s husband, Shrien, who ­allegedly paid R15 000 for the hit.

Mbolombo has been granted indemnity from prosecution and will not be spending any time in jail if he testifies truthfully in Anni ­Dewani’s murder trial.

At 17:35 on the day Anni was killed, Mbolombo posted the ­following message in Xhosa on his Facebook page: “Jengokuba undibilisela amanzi, awakho ayatsholoza,” which means “you are plotting against me, but there is bigger trouble coming for you”.

City Press has reliably learned how police used the so-called ­domino strategy – the same method used by the Scorpions to nail former police boss Jackie Selebi – to make a breakthrough in the case.

After forensically linking one of the shooters to the crime scene, police arrested Xolile Mnguni and Mziwamadoda Qwabe for shooting Anni, and they then implicated ­Mbolombo as the man who ­recruited them.

After being apprehended by the police, Mbolombo began to sing.

'Disappeared'

According to colleagues, he ­“disappeared” from work for three weeks.

Mbolombo’s brother, Patrick, ­declined to speak to City Press, but said his brother was definitely not in custody and was co-operating fully with police.

Mbolombo has given the police a full witness statement that implicates shuttle driver Zola Tongo as well as Shrien Dewani.

This statement was used to ­convince Tongo, who met Mbolombo at the Colosseum Hotel, from where he was also operating, to enter into a plea ­bargain agreement with the State.

Tongo was sentenced to 18 years in prison in return for making an affidavit implicating Shrien Dewani in the hit on his wife by allegedly ordering it.

Dewani is fighting his ­extradition to South Africa to face trial after he was released on bail of £250 000 (R2.7m) by the London High Court on Friday.

In an interview with City Press on Friday a close relative of ­Mnguni said he was approached by Qwabe “because they needed a trigger man and knew that he was capable”.

Qwabe lives a few houses away from Mnguni in ­Khayelitsha.

Successful job

Mnguni was out on bail in ­another murder case when he allegedly killed Anni Dewani. Days after the ­murder, Mnguni boasted in a Khayelitsha tavern about his ­“successful job”.

A family member who did not want to be named said: “He always beats these cases. He always comes back, so he is not really worried about this one either. The only thing he was worried about was ­being held in Bellville. He wanted to be in Pollsmoor and now that he is there he is back to normal.”

National Police Commissioner Bheki Cele ­confirmed on Saturday that police were ­investigating a potential link ­between the murder of Anni Dewani and the assassination in October 2007 of popular King William’s Town doctor, Pox Raghavjee.

Raghavjee was a friend of Shrien Dewani’s family and his son, ­Krischen, lives in Bristol, close to the Dewanis.

When City Press visited Alvita Raghavjee, Krischen’s wife, on ­Friday at the Bristol travel agency she works at, Alvita, visibly upset, refused to ­discuss the matter and chased City Press out of the shop.

It has been disclosed that Shrien allegedly told Tongo he had arranged a hit in South Africa before.

Pox Raghavjee’s wife, Heather, was in the UK visiting family, and she visited Shrien in Cape Town shortly after Anni’s murder. The police in Eastern Cape want to interview her as she was the complainant in her husband’s murder case.

Additional reporting by Paddy Harper

- City Press

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Dec - 19:55

I've just been told that there was no marriage registered anywhere. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sun 12 Dec - 20:05

With the help of the dictionnary, I just understood the title of the thread. I thought that a doo doo was a kind of no-mans-land in an South-Africa airport!

En français : D.est dans le caca.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 12 Dec - 20:38

frencheuropean wrote:With the help of the dictionnary, I just understood the title of the thread. I thought that a doo doo was a kind of no-mans-land in an South-Africa airport!

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 294124 LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sun 12 Dec - 20:50

The Famous Grouse wrote:

Oh, good! Another nail in the coffin for that pair of lying twisters. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 25346

I wouldn't get too excited...not seen the interview but I suspect his point would be along the lines of 'we all know that the poor McCann's had trial by media, and we now know that most of the stories in the papers were complete fabrication, and the McCann's have now been cleared of any crime whatsoever'

bla bla bla LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 182123
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Dec - 20:55

frencheuropean wrote:With the help of the dictionnary, I just understood the title of the thread. I thought that a doo doo was a kind of no-mans-land in an South-Africa airport!

Doo doo sounds tame compared to 'caca.' LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 294124
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 12 Dec - 20:55

Blueeyes wrote: I've just been told that there was no marriage registered anywhere. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 303636
Umm, thats interesting.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Dec - 20:56

wjk wrote:
Blueeyes wrote: I've just been told that there was no marriage registered anywhere. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 303636
Umm, thats interesting.

I'm sure I read that there was a ceremony, but that it wasn't a legal marriage.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 12 Dec - 22:36

wjk wrote:

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 294124 LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 294124

frencheuropean

Now I know why my mama used this description (caca) instead of something else! LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 10 294124
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Sun 12 Dec - 22:49

AnnaEsse wrote:
wjk wrote:
Umm, thats interesting.

I read that they had a three day marriage ceremony in Mumbai before going to South Africa for the honeymoon, but can't remember where.
Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 473
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 12 Dec - 23:05

Midas wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
wjk wrote:
Umm, thats interesting.

I read that they had a three day marriage ceremony in Mumbai before going to South Africa for the honeymoon, but can't remember where.

SUNDAY TIMES SAYS IT TOOK PLACE IN INDIA(BUT THE MARRIAGE IS NOT CONSIDERED LEGAL IN BRITAIN)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Mon 13 Dec - 8:14

Dewani 'link' to carjack killing No2By ALEX PEAKE

Published: Today
COPS are probing a link between honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani and another carjack killing, it emerged last night.
The businessman, accused of organising bride Anni's death, is also under investigation for a doctor's murder.

Police in South Africa are trying to build a new case against Dewani based on claims by the taxi driver jailed for 18 years over the shooting of Anni, 28.

Killed ... Dr Raghavjee, with wife Heather
Zola Tongo, 31, has already alleged Dewani, 30, plotted the car hijack hit on her - and has now told detectives he is convinced the groom arranged a similar previous murder.

The fresh inquiry centres on Dr Pox Raghavjee, 63, killed by carjackers near his home in King William's Town in 2007. His widow Heather travelled the 650 miles to Cape Town to comfort Dewani and his father Prakash after Anni's death.

Link ... Shrien Dewani, right, with relative
Her visit was requested by daughter-in-law Alvita, a pal of the Dewanis in Bristol where Shrien runs a care home.

Cape Town cops have made that meeting the focus of their new probe into the millionaire.

But they have no evidence he was ever in South Africa before his honeymoon. Dewani denies all claims against him.

Mrs Raghavjee said: "I am very upset, particularly for Shrien, at the awful accusations over my husband's murder. There is no substance in them."

South Africa wants Dewani extradited to face trial. But he was freed on £250,000 bail from prison by the High Court last Friday, pending more hearings.

South African police chief commissioner Gen Bheki Cele said: "We don't like it but the UK assures us he has an electronic tag to stop him fleeing.

Advertisement

"We have a powerful case against him. The guy needs to come and try to clear his name."

His spokeswoman confirmed they were looking at Dr Raghavjee's murder. She said: "That investigation is ongoing, even if it means linking Mr Dewani to other cases."

Last night it was revealed the cops plan to use a second man as a key state witness.

Monde Mbolombo, claimed to have put Tongo in touch with the two alleged gunmen, is said to have implicated Dewani in a statement. His spokesman called them both "liars

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3273214/Police-investigate-link-to-second-carjack-murder-involving-Shrien-Dewani.html
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Dec - 8:32

By some odd coincidence, the plotline of Casualty on Saturday night was about an old Pakistani lady with no family. She had come over to Britain as a young woman in an arranged marriage. Her husband's family stole her dowry and threw her out. It's a story I also heard once (for real) from a Russian lady. So I suppose it's quite a common occurrence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Dec - 10:24

Roasted Arizona wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:

I wouldn't get too excited...not seen the interview but I suspect his point would be along the lines of 'we all know that the poor McCann's had trial by media, and we now know that most of the stories in the papers were complete fabrication, and the McCann's have now been cleared of any crime whatsoever'

Nevertheless, I think such an association is not good news for either the McCanns or Dewani. For the McCanns, it reminds everyone about their dubious behaviour and the cloud of suspicion that still surrounds them; for Max and Dewani, it just smacks of utter desperation. If I was in Dewani's situation and my PR compared me with the McCanns, I'd fire him on the spot. He needs to be compared with a wrongly accused victim of police bungling (Colin Stagg?), not a couple about whom the most charitable thing that could be claimed is that they merely neglected their child and didn't deliberately kill her!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 13 Dec - 11:56

Popcorn wrote:
Roasted Arizona wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:

Nevertheless, I think such an association is not good news for either the McCanns or Dewani. For the McCanns, it reminds everyone about their dubious behaviour and the cloud of suspicion that still surrounds them; for Max and Dewani, it just smacks of utter desperation. If I was in Dewani's situation and my PR compared me with the McCanns, I'd fire him on the spot. He needs to be compared with a wrongly accused victim of police bungling (Colin Stagg?), not a couple about whom the most charitable thing that could be claimed is that they merely neglected their child and didn't deliberately kill her!

Very true - good point
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next