Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

+51
AnnaEsse
chrissie
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
fuzeta
Angelina
Annabel
buildersbum
margaret
halfamo
Indigo
docmac
tanszi
Dimsie
Angelique
jejune
fred
Karen
POPPY1
blossom45
lifeisforliving
T4two
SteveT
pennylane
Chris
Alpine Aster
mumbles
zodiac
Wallflower
bootsy
MaryB
Midas
Christine
Fudge
contrary
Roasted Arizona
xtina
frencheuropean
Colonel Fabien
dutchclogs
maebee
nospinnaker
jassi
keepingmum
Carolina
Claudia79
flower
hobnob
fedrules
55 posters

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Empty Re: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  docmac Fri 21 Jan - 15:26

Karen wrote: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 306321

Dewani is seriously in the doo doo when the "German Master" opens his yap, he has already signed and confirmed the statement, he was paid 1000pounds for three nights of the masters tactics (looks like a bit of S & M to me).

I will confirm again that the SA Police are corrupt, I lived there for 35years, but in this case yeah, a perfect Topic, Dewani in the doo doo! as he most certainly is.

Tick tock !
There are bad eggs in the SAPS, for sure. I still live here, and although I've never met one that I know of, they are there. As there are everywhere else.

I do agree that in this instance, Dewani has bit off far more than he can chew. Mike Barkhuizen will chew him up and spit him out like the sinew on a piece of biltong.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Fri 21 Jan - 15:30

docmac wrote:

Dewani is seriously in the doo doo when the "German Master" opens his yap, he has already signed and confirmed the statement, he was paid 1000pounds for three nights of the masters tactics (looks like a bit of S & M to me).

I will confirm again that the SA Police are corrupt, I lived there for 35years, but in this case yeah, a perfect Topic, Dewani in the doo doo! as he most certainly is.

Tick tock !
There are bad eggs in the SAPS, for sure. I still live here, and although I've never met one that I know of, they are there. As there are everywhere else.

I do agree that in this instance, Dewani has bit off far more than he can chew. Mike Barkhuizen will chew him up and spit him out like the sinew on a piece of biltong.

Good to hear that. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 307691
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Fri 21 Jan - 15:52

docmac wrote:

Tick tock !

Goodness - any idea how "lis "I am for biltong cream soda???, we dont get it here in Holland arrgh!

and yeah right on Mr Barkhuizen. Spot on!
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Fri 21 Jan - 15:58

Karen wrote:
docmac wrote:

Tick tock !

Goodness - any idea how "lis "I am for biltong cream soda???, we dont get it here in Holland arrgh!

and yeah right on Mr Barkhuizen. Spot on!

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 294124

And Mrs Ball's. And Willards tomato sauce. And Liquifruit. And...
Don't think Dewani will get to sample those in Pollsmoor though. Shame.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sat 22 Jan - 9:14

No wonder Dewani is scared. Though this guy fell for a Twitter prank, a South African ex-"Big Brother" contestant (who was kicked off the show for threats of violence and has killed since) may well be meeting up with him one day. And it's not going to be pretty. Got to give it to "Bad Brad" though, there is one thing that holds true in SA jails. No matter the misdeeds of the inmates, this is the way they feel.
“You better pray you don’t share a cell with me, f***head, cause in South Africa we don’t take likely to wife killers. C***sucker”
http://www.iol.co.za/news/back-page/bad-brad-falls-for-dewani-tweets-1.1015438?showComments=true
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 22 Jan - 9:41

That's why I worry about the McCanns ever being banged up. They would have to be put in solitary for their own good. The other lags aren't very nice to people convicted of offences against children.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sat 22 Jan - 10:14

I cant understand Clifford, as he not got eyes in his head aswell as a brian.......

Newspapers in Dewani’s hometown of Bristol say they are on suicide watch, and all confirm he is losing weight. One newspaper quoted a family friend as saying Dewani “looked like a zombie” when visited two weeks ago.

IMO if the guy was truly innocent, he would kno there would be no prove, wouldn't he be in court lickiteysplit wanting to prove his innocence. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 29204

His days are numbered, surely it would have been easier to just go against his family and not get married, instead of spending life in prison in SA.

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sat 22 Jan - 14:37

Good opinion piece - in my eyes

Politics touches the judicial process, as it does every aspect of modern life. No democracy has managed to isolate its judiciary entirely from the sometimes tawdry taint of legislative and administrative processes which, by their nature, can be both political and partisan.

Nor has any democracy yet successfully quarantined judicial appointments from political influence. The controversial selection of Western Cape Chief Justice John Hlophe springs immediately to mind. So too does the fact that Britain’s top judicial posts — Lord Chancellor, Attorney General and Solicitor General — are all political appointments.

No democracy has yet prevented political factors from influencing who is to be prosecuted. Think of the decision to proceed against a sacked Deputy President Jacob Zuma on minor fraud charges, while simultaneously declining to prosecute anyone implicated in the multimillion-rand corruption accompanying the arms deal.

In similar vein was the legal justification for the Iraq invasion that former prime minister Tony Blair served up before the UK Parliament. This flawed opinion was cooked up, it now transpires, with an attorney general in craven thrall to his political masters.

All of which makes the British media furore around South Africa’s extradition application for Shrien Dewani, accused of the contract killing of his young Swedish bride while on honeymoon in Cape Town, at turns laughable and infuriating.

The Dewani defence’s claim — to be weighed at next month’s London hearing — that he would not get a fair trial in SA is the desperate but understandable manoeuvring of a man who does not want to be in the dock. What does smack of hubris, however, is the UK media’s jingoistic and racially tinged portrayal of SA as a banana republic.

It is a view apparently shared by Paul Hoffman SC, of the Institute of Accountability in Southern Africa (IASA). While the opposition Democratic Alliance’s justice spokesperson, Dene Smuts, describes as “deplorable” Hoffman’s views that Dewani has stacked against him factors that “are not conducive to an impartial hearing”, and IASA itself as “a classic case of one man with a fax machine”, Dewani’s legal team will undoubtedly be rubbing their hands in glee.

Hoffman gives the example of Fred van der Vyver, who was charged with bludgeoning his student girlfriend to death with a hammer, but acquitted. He is now sueing for R46-million, alleging malicious prosecution and that the evidence against him was fabricated by the police.

What Hoffman glosses over is that ultimately the judicial system worked and Van Der Vyver never went to jail. Contrast this with Britain’s so-called Guilfdord Four and Maguire Seven, sentenced in the 1970s for Irish Republican Army bombings.

Repeatedly denied leave to appeal, they served 14 years before journalistic exposés of faked evidence and coerced confessions forced a review. The convictions were overturned.

Similarly, the Birmingham Six were sentenced to life terms for IRA bombings. They spent 17 years in jail, despite media exposés of fabricated evidence and forced confessions, before their third appeal succeeded.

Unfortunately such miscarriages are not unique and can occur anywhere. But in neither SA, nor the UK, do occasional case-specific abuses invalidate the entire judicial process.

The extraordinary thing about the SA judicial system is not the systemic problems that Hoffman catalogues, but that despite these it remains internationally respected, even emulated. SA’s judges are not political apparatchiks who deliver their judgements to government prescript, not even to “protect” the SA tourist industry, as the Dewani camp avers.

If extradited Dewani will face as equitable a process in SA as he would in Britain. Oh, and if found guilty, he is even likely to find the appeal process more readily accessible than back home.

http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/williamsaundersonmeyer/2011/01/22/taking-refuge-in-a-political-fog/
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sun 23 Jan - 19:36

Dewani may be faking it.

Extract:

Chief magistrate Howard Riddle heard that Dewani was suffering from a “depressive adjustment disorder” and “acute stress disorder”. The name of the psychiatrist or psychologist who compiled the report submitted to court has not been released.

However, according to highly regarded Durban clinical psychologist Francois de Marigny, it is “highly unlikely” that either of the diagnoses would apply in Dewani’s case.

De Marigny, who is also experienced in forensic psychology, is frequently asked to present expert testimony in court regarding the mental state of prisoners.

“According to the most recent diagnostic criteria for mental disorders, neither diagnosis seems logical in this instance. While you can get adjustment disorder with a depressed mood, an exclusionary criterion is bereavement.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/dewani-may-be-faking-it-1.1015614
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Wed 2 Feb - 20:44

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110202/tuk-dewani-suspect-outlines-killing-6323e80.html

Dewani suspect 'outlines killing'

A suspect in the murder of Anni Dewani, killed on her honeymoon in South Africa, has outlined her final moments in a document that has been made public by police. Skip related content
The contents of Mziwamadoda Qwabe's statement, which he claims was made after he was assaulted, were released as he attended a bail hearing. The 25-year-old has been in custody since his arrest in November.

An outline of the statement given to the magistrates' court told how he agreed to take part in a staged hijacking and robbery in Cape Town.

Investigating officer Captain Paul Hendrikse said in the statement that Qwabe and co-accused Xolile Mngeni hijacked the vehicle containing Mrs Dewani, 28, and new husband Shrien on the night of November 13.

Taxi driver Zola Tongo, who has been sentenced to 18 years after admitting his role in the murder and making a confession that implicated Mr Dewani, was apparently allowed to go after telling them the money they had been promised was behind the front passenger seat. They drove off but stopped to let Mr Dewani out of the car, and carried on with Qwabe driving.

Captain Hendrikse said in the document: "(Qwabe said) that while he was driving he heard a single shot. That he got scared and nervous and parked the vehicle at the side of the road in Litha Park.

"That he got out and saw Mngeni looking for the bullet and that he (Qwabe) found the casing and threw it in a drain while they were running away; and that Mngeni brought the firearm to him the following day."

Hendrikse said that the day after Qwabe made the statement, he formally pointed out the crime scene to police, who recovered a cartridge and firearm from the scene.

The hearing was postponed until February 25, when his trial, and that of Mngeni, is due to begin. Qwabe faces charges of murder, kidnapping and robbery with aggravating circumstances, and the illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Mr Dewani is accused of hiring a hitman to kill his wife and faces an extradition hearing next week. The couple had only been married for a fortnight when the attack took place.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 2 Feb - 20:58

mara thon wrote:http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110202/tuk-dewani-suspect-outlines-killing-6323e80.html

Dewani suspect 'outlines killing'

A suspect in the murder of Anni Dewani, killed on her honeymoon in South Africa, has outlined her final moments in a document that has been made public by police. Skip related content
The contents of Mziwamadoda Qwabe's statement, which he claims was made after he was assaulted, were released as he attended a bail hearing. The 25-year-old has been in custody since his arrest in November.

An outline of the statement given to the magistrates' court told how he agreed to take part in a staged hijacking and robbery in Cape Town.

Investigating officer Captain Paul Hendrikse said in the statement that Qwabe and co-accused Xolile Mngeni hijacked the vehicle containing Mrs Dewani, 28, and new husband Shrien on the night of November 13.

Taxi driver Zola Tongo, who has been sentenced to 18 years after admitting his role in the murder and making a confession that implicated Mr Dewani, was apparently allowed to go after telling them the money they had been promised was behind the front passenger seat. They drove off but stopped to let Mr Dewani out of the car, and carried on with Qwabe driving.

Captain Hendrikse said in the document: "(Qwabe said) that while he was driving he heard a single shot. That he got scared and nervous and parked the vehicle at the side of the road in Litha Park.

"That he got out and saw Mngeni looking for the bullet and that he (Qwabe) found the casing and threw it in a drain while they were running away; and that Mngeni brought the firearm to him the following day."

Hendrikse said that the day after Qwabe made the statement, he formally pointed out the crime scene to police, who recovered a cartridge and firearm from the scene.

The hearing was postponed until February 25, when his trial, and that of Mngeni, is due to begin. Qwabe faces charges of murder, kidnapping and robbery with aggravating circumstances, and the illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Mr Dewani is accused of hiring a hitman to kill his wife and faces an extradition hearing next week. The couple had only been married for a fortnight when the attack took place.
This all happened in court today, of course. During an unexpected and rather urgently rushed bail application by Mr Qwabe. There is much speculation here as to the implications for Mr Dewani...
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 Empty LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  Panda Thu 3 Feb - 7:20

Dewani Murder Suspect Describes SA Killing

o Share

6:26am UK, Thursday February 03, 2011

Emma Hurd, Africa correspondent
One of the two "hitmen" accused of the honeymoon murder of Anni Dewani in Cape Town described the final moments of her life to police in a confession, a South African court has heard.

Shrien and Anni Dewani

Anni Dewani was killed in Cape Town on November 13 last year

The revelation came during a bail hearing for Mziwamadoda Qwabe, 25, who was arrested in November.

In an affidavit, investigating officer Captain Paul Hendrikse said Mr Qwabe had confessed that he had been paid to take part in a staged hijacking and robbery.

He told police how he and his co-accused Xolile Mngeni hijacked the vehicle hired by the Dewanis on the night of November 13 in the township of Gugulethu.

Mr Qwabe said they let the driver of the vehicle, fellow conspirator Zola Tongo, go after he told them that they could find the money they had been promised behind the front passenger seat.

They drove on before releasing Shrien Dewani, according to Captain Hendrikse's account of the confession, leaving Mr Qwabe at the wheel.

Zola Tongo

Zola Tongo was jailed for his involvement in the murder

"He said that while he was driving he heard a single shot. That he got nervous and parked the vehicle," Captain Hendrikse told the bail hearing at Wynberg Magistrates Court.

Mr Qwabe then described how his accomplice threw away the bullet cartridge before they both ran away.

"He said Xolile Mngeni brought him the firearm the next day," the officer said.

Captain Hendrikse went on to tell the court that a day after his confession Mr Qwabe had pointed out the crime scene and helped recover a bullet cartridge and a gun which have both been linked by ballistics evidence to the murder.

Shrien Dewani is escorted to a prison van as he leaves City of Westminster Magistrates Court, in Westminster, London

Shrien Dewani denies he ordered his new wife's killing

Another alleged conspirator, middleman Monde Mbolombo, told police that Mr Qwabe had later complained that he had only received 10,000 rands (£860) of the 15,000 rands (£1,300) Zola Tongo had promised to pay them.

Tongo, who was jailed for 18 years for his part in the case, claims that British businessman Shrien Dewani hired him to arrange his wife's murder during their honeymoon.

South African authorities are seeking to extradite him on murder charges.

Mr Dewani denies all the allegations against him.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 3 Feb - 15:55

I have to say Im a great believer in innocent until proven, but imo just like the McCanns......... I just know that he is as guilty as hell, and like them I hope that they nail this B******D
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 3 Feb - 16:31

buildersbum wrote:I have to say Im a great believer in innocent until proven, but imo just like the McCanns......... I just know that he is as guilty as hell, and like them I hope that they nail this B******D

Couldn't have put it better myself Buildersbum. Reppo.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 3 Feb - 19:06

Thanks fred LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 944533
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Feb - 19:15

buildersbum wrote:Thanks fred LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 944533

Hi Buildersbum, I agree it looks very suspicious but who knows what a "donation" to the right people will do!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 3 Feb - 19:47

Thanks Panda, for the update LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 944533
I too think he's guilty. I hope they can prove it in this case!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Feb - 20:50

wjk wrote:Thanks Panda, for the update LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 944533
I too think he's guilty. I hope they can prove it in this case!

I"m wondering if they might have trouble extraditing him, after all it is only the "villians" who are accusing him, the Police might not have concrete
evidence of his guilt, but like you, I think he is guilty.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 4 Feb - 0:11

Moving to World News. Merged with older thread from main forum.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Fri 4 Feb - 10:15

Dewani will be cleared - spin doctor

During cross-examination he alleged a police officer he said he could point out and name had assaulted him at the police’s organised crime unit offices soon after his arrest.

Allegedly. This has miraculously convinced him to attempt to become a state witness. Apparently. Hence Clifford's statement on behalf of his google-client. Who is too ill to go to the shops. Allegedly...
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sun 6 Feb - 14:04

The copycats have arrived in Cape Town - as predicted. Plans were specifically modelled on the Dewani case! Thank goodness nobody was hurt and the idiot has been caught and charged.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353916/Jilted-banker-bid-hire-hitman-murder-girls-father.html
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 6 Feb - 15:12

Thanks doc LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 6 Feb - 20:51

Panda wrote:
buildersbum wrote:Thanks fred LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 18 944533

Hi Buildersbum, I agree it looks very suspicious but who knows what a "donation" to the right people will do!!!

Hey Panda, yes money talks, but when the Law comes a knocking, its everyone for themselves imo

Howz Tenerife at the mo?
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 8 Feb - 13:00

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Honeymoon-Murder-Shrien-Dewanis-Lawyers-Query-Whether-He-Will-Get-A-Fair-Trial-In-South-Africa/Article/201102215925852?lpos=UK_News_Second_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15925852_Honeymoon_Murder%3A_Shrien_Dewanis_Lawyers_Query_Whether_He_Will_Get_A_Fair_Trial_In_South_Africa

Extradition Case Date Set For Shrien Dewani

o Share

12:21pm UK, Tuesday February 08, 2011

Rachel Younger, Sky News correspondent
The extradition case for Shrien Dewani, the man wanted in South Africa for allegedly murdering his new wife, will start on May 3 at Woolwich Crown Court in London.

The 31-year-old was not present to hear Judge Riddle set out the timetable of the case against him.

However, his legal team were told he would be required to attend the next hearing at the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on March 23.

Judge Riddle made it clear he had not excused Dewani this time because of his severe post-traumatic stress disorder but simply because the case could proceed equally well without him.

Dewani's counsel, Julian Knowles QC, told the court the case against extradition would centre on prison conditions in South Africa; whether a fair trial was possible; Dewani's mental and physical condition and the possible abuse of process and conduct in South Africa.

Mr Knowles said he was having great difficulty communicating with his client and his ongoing ill health was preventing him from taking instruction from him.

Dewani denies any involvement in the murder of his Swedish wife Anni, who was shot dead during a carjacking just outside Cape Town on their honeymoon in November.

Four South Africans have been arrested, with the Dewani's taxi driver Zola Tongo sentenced to 18 years for his part in the killing.

The South African authorities maintain Dewani masterminded his wife's murder.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 Feb - 13:08

chrissie wrote:http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Honeymoon-Murder-Shrien-Dewanis-Lawyers-Query-Whether-He-Will-Get-A-Fair-Trial-In-South-Africa/Article/201102215925852?lpos=UK_News_Second_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15925852_Honeymoon_Murder%3A_Shrien_Dewanis_Lawyers_Query_Whether_He_Will_Get_A_Fair_Trial_In_South_Africa

Extradition Case Date Set For Shrien Dewani

o Share

12:21pm UK, Tuesday February 08, 2011

Rachel Younger, Sky News correspondent
The extradition case for Shrien Dewani, the man wanted in South Africa for allegedly murdering his new wife, will start on May 3 at Woolwich Crown Court in London.

The 31-year-old was not present to hear Judge Riddle set out the timetable of the case against him.

However, his legal team were told he would be required to attend the next hearing at the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on March 23.

Judge Riddle made it clear he had not excused Dewani this time because of his severe post-traumatic stress disorder but simply because the case could proceed equally well without him.

Dewani's counsel, Julian Knowles QC, told the court the case against extradition would centre on prison conditions in South Africa; whether a fair trial was possible; Dewani's mental and physical condition and the possible abuse of process and conduct in South Africa.

Mr Knowles said he was having great difficulty communicating with his client and his ongoing ill health was preventing him from taking instruction from him.

Dewani denies any involvement in the murder of his Swedish wife Anni, who was shot dead during a carjacking just outside Cape Town on their honeymoon in November.

Four South Africans have been arrested, with the Dewani's taxi driver Zola Tongo sentenced to 18 years for his part in the killing.

The South African authorities maintain Dewani masterminded his wife's murder.

Dewani sounds like a spoilt brat who has never been forced to face the consequences of his actions by feigning feeling really bad or feeling ill. He must think that by claiming to be so ill that he cannot instruct his solicitor that he's going to avoid all confrontation and facing up to his responsibilities, like a spoilt child who refuses to come out of his room when he has been asked to answer for his behaviour.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next