Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

+51
AnnaEsse
chrissie
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
fuzeta
Angelina
Annabel
buildersbum
margaret
halfamo
Indigo
docmac
tanszi
Dimsie
Angelique
jejune
fred
Karen
POPPY1
blossom45
lifeisforliving
T4two
SteveT
pennylane
Chris
Alpine Aster
mumbles
zodiac
Wallflower
bootsy
MaryB
Midas
Christine
Fudge
contrary
Roasted Arizona
xtina
frencheuropean
Colonel Fabien
dutchclogs
maebee
nospinnaker
jassi
keepingmum
Carolina
Claudia79
flower
hobnob
fedrules
55 posters

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 Empty Re: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  Guest Mon 13 Dec - 16:23

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Mon 13 Dec - 16:59

Blueeyes wrote: See this link re marriage not valid.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/dewanis-weren-t-married-1.950821

I knew I'd read this somewhere before. The article I saw also mentioned that Dewani had been, and still was, legally married to another woman. I don't know where I read it, and I haven't seen the 'first' wife mentioned since then.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 13 Dec - 17:21

Blueeyes wrote: See this link re marriage not valid.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/dewanis-weren-t-married-1.950821

Thanks for the link Blue Eyes .......this comment interested me:-

unny, wrote
IOL Comments
10:21am on 5 December 2010
IOL Comments

Typical Western arrogance. To say that they weren't married is quite frankly insulting. In hindu custom as long as you perform the sacred rituals you are "married" and one other thing...there is no such thing as "divorce" in Hindu custom. One is bound for life - as long as you perform the rituals

So it would appear they were married.Apparently Dewani is a wealthy man so would hardly have his Wife murdered for money. Since
he was "almost " married not long before he met Anni is it possible he had her killed because he realised he had made a big mistake getting married and according to Hindu custom he could never obtain a Divorce?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 13 Dec - 17:23

It happens quite a lot. Civil ceremony and separate religious ceremony. Sometimes the civil one is first but the family don't recognise the couple as married till the religious ceremony takes place. And in the case of the religious ceremony only it will not be valid in law unless the person who marries the couple is a registrar.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Mon 13 Dec - 17:42

In Blue Eyes' link it said the marriage wouldn't be 'recognised' in Britain or Sweden. So, whether it was 'real' or not, it wouldn't count as a legal contract in those countries, and Dewani is British.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 13 Dec - 18:15

Panda wrote:
So it would appear they were married.Apparently Dewani is a wealthy man so would hardly have his Wife murdered for money. Since
he was "almost " married not long before he met Anni is it possible he had her killed because he realised he had made a big mistake getting married and according to Hindu custom he could never obtain a Divorce?

There's speculation his business(es) are not doing well and he's not as wealthy as he makes out. Money makes people do outrageous things as we've seen........ l cannot imagine someone thinking murdering another person was an easier option than calling off a wedding.

I think money lies behind it TBH, as is usually the case.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Mon 13 Dec - 18:54

http://www.eyewitnessnews.co.za/articleprog.aspx?id=53286

The Sun newspaper in the United Kingdom has now claimed that a company run by Dewani is R70 million in debt.

The firm apparently owes £4 million (more than R44 million) in bank loans and is allegedly running at a loss.

According to early reports Dewani´s business is in serious debt.

mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  contrary Mon 13 Dec - 19:02

So will he now have to return the Dowry to his late wife's family or does he get to keep it?
contrary
contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 195
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Mon 13 Dec - 19:14

Badboy wrote:
Midas wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
wjk wrote:
Blueeyes wrote: I've just been told that there was no marriage registered anywhere. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 303636
Umm, thats interesting.

I'm sure I read that there was a ceremony, but that it wasn't a legal marriage.

I read that they had a three day marriage ceremony in Mumbai before going to South Africa for the honeymoon, but can't remember where.

SUNDAY TIMES SAYS IT TOOK PLACE IN INDIA(BUT THE MARRIAGE IS NOT CONSIDERED LEGAL IN BRITAIN)

We are such arrogant bods here in the UK, aren't we! Telling other countries that a marriage won't be recognised coz they don't do it the way we do it.

In this case though ....... I am soooooo glad that her next of kin is still her father. I wouldn't want Dewani in charge of anything to do with her affairs. Best off leaving it to her father to deal with this. If somebody's got enough money to employ a tosser like Clifford for PR, they have enough money to cover everything else up. South Africa is pissed off enough with the way the world sees it, not to bother too much about what a withering dick like Clifford has to say. He is an idiot to go up against the South African intelligence when they have cctv coming out of their ears.

If these wealthy people have taught us one thing this past few years ....... it is that the UK needs to allow us TWO phone calls when the police catch us out for doing something illegal. One phone call to our lawyer, and one phone call to a PR machine. The latter call being made to a PR man first. So he can tell us what to say to our lawyer.

I notice that Dewani is already doing a Tanner! And changing his stories to fit unfolding events. Tut. Tut.

I think he needs to join a site like this .......... to be prepared for what happens next! LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 294124
Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 473
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 13 Dec - 19:17

It is a little terrifying that these PR people can control what is and isn't printed in newspapers.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Mon 13 Dec - 19:43

MaryB wrote:It is a little terrifying that these PR people can control what is and isn't printed in newspapers.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 944533

And absolutely bloody terrifying that people like Mitchell seem to be tell the police how to conduct their investigations by deliberately putting people like Murat in the eye of the public ....... to deflect suspicion and take the heat off the holiday-makers.

Mitchell is a chief of police officers and a media controller. If I was Cowley or Edgar, I would have rolled Mitchell up in a carpet and ...... errrrm ....... told him in no uncertain terms that he was not going to make me look like a prize prick by telling the public that I was looking for a Victoria Beckham look-alike.

Dr. Amaral has got Mitchell down to a tee. He just needs pressing down into the earth a bit more, so that we can't actually see him. After this case is finally sorted out, he should be kept in the bunker.
Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudge Mon 13 Dec - 20:43

As far as I understand no actual dowry was paid. The fact that it has now been reported that they were not legally married also throws a spanner in the works. I really don't understand what Shrien was gaining from the death of Anni, maybe I am being naive.

Yes, I can confirm the debts of the nursing home business, but I still don't understand what Shrien had to gain from Anni's death!
Fudge
Fudge
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 500
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon 13 Dec - 22:15

Fudge wrote:
As far as I understand no actual dowry was paid. The fact that it has now been reported that they were not legally married also throws a spanner in the works. I really don't understand what Shrien was gaining from the death of Anni, maybe I am being naive.

Yes, I can confirm the debts of the nursing home business, but I still don't understand what Shrien had to gain from Anni's death!

I don't understand this either Fudge. Maybe we should start thinking in another direction. Did Anni have brothers or sisters? Was Shrien the one who wanted her dead, or did he just want money? Did someone else want her dead? Just my opinion, and I don't want to start anything here LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 182123
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Mon 13 Dec - 23:42

It's certainly a puzzle, but hopefully things will become clearer when we know exactly what, if any, evidence exists. I see the British press are still willing to detail all the inconsistencies in the Dewani case, something they've always seemed remarkably reluctant to do in the Madeleine one. If they paid half as much attention to the sequence of events and times in the Madeleine case as they're doing in the Dewani one, it would soon become obvious that there are many questions that need answers (as well as the 48 we already know about, of course).
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 14 Dec - 12:35

Midas wrote:

If these wealthy people have taught us one thing this past few years ....... it is that the UK needs to allow us TWO phone calls when the police catch us out for doing something illegal. One phone call to our lawyer, and one phone call to a PR machine. The latter call being made to a PR man first. So he can tell us what to say to our lawyer.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324 LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324 LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324

It was mentioned in an article yesterday that Dewani had hired a PR consultant "to defend his reputation". That's what arrested people have lawyers for isn't it? Is there nobody outside of this type of forum that sees it as strange that it's now considered a 'normal' thing to do? I haven't seen any journalist ( LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324) comment on this. As for Maxwell Clifford and his voicepieces all sounding like Mitchell, well we know that it's now everyday practice for politicians, and others who regularly appear in the media, to have media 'training'. It's no surprise that they all end up sounding exactly the same.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Wed 15 Dec - 15:54

Latest update on this story from the Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338750/Honeymoon-murder-Police-quiz-rent-boy-claim-Shrien-Dewani-paid-sex.html

This is a German man who's come forward after seeing Dewani's photograph in the press. Needless to say as far at the PR machine is concerned this is yet more 'ludicrous' information, but perhaps his wife had found out something he was desperate to keep from his family and his business associates.
More and more in the caca it would seem LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 424625. Of course, it'll probably be easy for someone with PR backing behind them to discredit a rent boy, as they're trying to do with the taxi driver's evidence by calling him a convicted murderer, even though it's the present case that's turned him into that. Plus, he's still got 18 years.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 16 Dec - 11:27

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3279300/Dewani-got-refund-for-Annis-air-fare.html

NICK PARKER and STEVE HAWKES

Published: Today
MILLIONAIRE Shrien Dewani was refunded part of his wife's return air fare days after her murder in South Africa, it was revealed yesterday.

A proportion of the cost of Anni Dewani's business class ticket was paid back after a call to British Airways by a representative of the tycoon.

Dewani, 30, returned to the UK three days after Anni, 28, was found shot dead in a hijacked people carrier. She returned on the same flight in a coffin in the plane's hold.

A BA source said last night: "Mr Dewani did not call in person but a request was received for a refund of the return fare from Cape Town. A proportion of the cost was refunded to him."

It was unclear exactly how much was returned as BA operates strict policies on non-flexible fares.

The sum could have been as low as £75 once cancellation charges were deducted.

A relative is believed to have made the call to the airline in London because Dewani appeared too upset to deal with it himself.

Business class seats on the route vary between around £2,600 and £4,000 depending on the flexibility of the ticket and time of the year.

Reclaiming a large chunk of a return fare is normally impossible without paying a £200 cancellation fee - or being given a discretionary refund in exceptional circumstances.

Dewani and his new wife flew to South Africa on November 7.

Anni's dad Vinod Hindocha has claimed that he was told she had been crying on the plane and had refused to sit with her husband.

Dewani's British lawyer, Charlotte Harris, said: "Any suggestion that there was hostility between the couple on the aeroplane or at any other point during the honeymoon is completely false."

Dewani has maintained that he and his wife from Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, were blissfully happy on their trip to Cape Town following their wedding in Mumbai, India. Anni was killed on November 13.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 29204
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Dec - 11:33

chrissie (Thu 16 Dec - 11:27) wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3279300/Dewani-got-refund-for-Annis-air-fare.html

NICK PARKER and STEVE HAWKES

Published: Today
MILLIONAIRE Shrien Dewani was refunded part of his wife's return air fare days after her murder in South Africa, it was revealed yesterday.

A proportion of the cost of Anni Dewani's business class ticket was paid back after a call to British Airways by a representative of the tycoon.

Dewani, 30, returned to the UK three days after Anni, 28, was found shot dead in a hijacked people carrier. She returned on the same flight in a coffin in the plane's hold.

A BA source said last night: "Mr Dewani did not call in person but a request was received for a refund of the return fare from Cape Town. A proportion of the cost was refunded to him."

It was unclear exactly how much was returned as BA operates strict policies on non-flexible fares.

The sum could have been as low as £75 once cancellation charges were deducted.

A relative is believed to have made the call to the airline in London because Dewani appeared too upset to deal with it himself.

Business class seats on the route vary between around £2,600 and £4,000 depending on the flexibility of the ticket and time of the year.

Reclaiming a large chunk of a return fare is normally impossible without paying a £200 cancellation fee - or being given a discretionary refund in exceptional circumstances.

Dewani and his new wife flew to South Africa on November 7.

Anni's dad Vinod Hindocha has claimed that he was told she had been crying on the plane and had refused to sit with her husband.

Dewani's British lawyer, Charlotte Harris, said: "Any suggestion that there was hostility between the couple on the aeroplane or at any other point during the honeymoon is completely false."

Dewani has maintained that he and his wife from Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, were blissfully happy on their trip to Cape Town following their wedding in Mumbai, India. Anni was killed on November 13.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 29204

Whether it was Shrien Dewani or a family member, how could any of them even think about this? This must rank with putting a missing child's sandals on a younger sibling because she won't be needing them any more.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Thu 16 Dec - 11:35

"His spokesman, Max Clifford, labelled them as ‘ludicrous’ and said there were witnesses who could prove Dewani had not been with the rent boy on any of the occasions they were said to have been together".

This reads to me that he was definately in the presence of the rent boy (man, 16 stone German) on a number of occasions, but they are denying anything happened.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 16 Dec - 16:48

AnnaEsse wrote:
Whether it was Shrien Dewani or a family member, how could any of them even think about this? This must rank with putting a missing child's sandals on a younger sibling because she won't be needing them any more.

Grief and shock can have the strangest effects sometimes. I did hear of one couple who sat deleting text messages off their mobiles within hours of their loss to get over theirs.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 16 Dec - 16:56

AnnaEsse wrote:

Absolutely agree. Think this also goes to prove that he is not as wealthy as he likes to make out, another coincidence with the Mcs who had to take mortgage payments from the fund so early on.

Also, how unhelpful is it that Max Clifford uses the word 'ludicruous' in relation to stories about Dewani, it's not a word l hear regularly used - except when Pinky's mouth is opening..... LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 192282
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Thu 16 Dec - 20:27

jejune wrote:
Midas wrote:

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324 LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324 LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324

It was mentioned in an article yesterday that Dewani had hired a PR consultant "to defend his reputation". That's what arrested people have lawyers for isn't it? Is there nobody outside of this type of forum that sees it as strange that it's now considered a 'normal' thing to do? I haven't seen any journalist ( LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 23324) comment on this. As for Maxwell Clifford and his voicepieces all sounding like Mitchell, well we know that it's now everyday practice for politicians, and others who regularly appear in the media, to have media 'training'. It's no surprise that they all end up sounding exactly the same.

Exactly... 'victims' of crime hiring PR is very shifty.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Thu 16 Dec - 20:54

It might make people like Max Clifford to stick to what he knows about in future. Footballers and wannabe starlets.

It's Mitchell's job to be a poodle ...... and get into the spot-light to protect the status quo for corrupt Government and Establishment figures and all the people associated with them ....... but Clifford did this by choice. Clifford's OK on this tiny little island ....... but he's not got the backing to involve himself in international affairs. People like him could cause riots and create serious diplomatic incidents with their meddlesome behaviour. He is not an acting lawyer trying to give somebody a fair trial ....... he is creating media storms to create a public image for somebody who could be facing a very serious trial.

Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun 19 Dec - 17:20

Shrien Dewani's family have released footage of their wedding to show how much in love they were.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101219/tuk-honeymoon-murder-dewanis-in-wedding-45dbed5.html
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sun 19 Dec - 17:29

Wallflower wrote:Shrien Dewani's family have released footage of their wedding to show how much in love they were.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101219/tuk-honeymoon-murder-dewanis-in-wedding-45dbed5.html

It seems they may well have been - for at least a minute. Staff at the various establishments they visited in SA have a completely different opinion.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next