Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

+13
Angelique
wjk
Angelina
AnnaEsse
halfamo
Lioned
fred
docmac
Bebootje
pennylane
mumbles
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
17 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Empty Re: KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 9 Jun - 12:05

Panda wrote:

Thanks AnnaEsse,

I just had a look on the Jaycee thread and this is the link......don"t know how to show it here though, KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 294124 It is looking very serious, still not knwing
what caused it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0NAS_B6pAM&feature=player_embedded#at=47

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Thu 9 Jun - 15:56

been looking at this infowars , i think German health ministery looking if might be deliberate my oh said from the get go this was the case and i laughed at him.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Empty Re: KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

Post  Angelique Thu 9 Jun - 16:10

Angelique wrote:I agree that they should be doing something more positive about this outbreak - at least restricting travel - not that anyone would want to travel to Germany if that is where the contact started. I suspect that people are being cautious any way. The fact that WHO doesn't have a handle on this speak volumes to me. It is not impossible to think that this was an accidental release - I wonder what labs in and around Germany are testing at the moment.

I did mention this on here earlier. I just hope it is not some sort of terrorist thing.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Thu 9 Jun - 19:39

This is lastest from my com home page .30 now dead lastest death man who visited Hamburg it looks like all these cases are concentrated in Hamburg and surrounding area , cucumber pieces found said to contain ecoli have been ruled out beansprout farm still under investigation, and they have'nt a clue.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 9 Jun - 22:47

This is getting very worrying - it is beginning to sound as though it was a deliberate release and is still being released. If it was the cucumbers then it should have halted because they have destroyed thousands and supposedly broken the contamination spread.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jun - 10:02

Just been announced on Bloomberg News Germany says Sprouts are now the likely cause of the virus and it is safe to eat tomatoes , cucumbers etc.

Could it be because sprouts is a winter veg and hardly grown now, whereas summer veg sales have plummeted endangering the Economy???????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Fri 10 Jun - 12:51

I think LIKELY is the operative word i think they have no idea , i've just got back from shopping and no one is buying German salad stuff i've bought Belgium tomatoes so they have to blame something to replace customer confidence in other German produce. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 306321
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jun - 16:29

halfamo wrote:I think LIKELY is the operative word i think they have no idea , i've just got back from shopping and no one is buying German salad stuff i've bought Belgium tomatoes so they have to blame something to replace customer confidence in other German produce. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 306321

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 306321 halfamo

We always think of the Germans as highly efficient yet their handling of this is inept to say the least. They are faced with a massive Bill from Spain, come
out with a different suggestion as to the cause of the e-coli every day, and really havn"t a clue . Maybe it"s time to seek advice from experts in this field.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 10 Jun - 17:16

ch5 news HAVE SAID THAT BEANSPROUTS ARE NOW BELIEVED TO BE THE SOURCE OF THE ECOLI
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jun - 17:27

Badboy wrote:ch5 news HAVE SAID THAT BEANSPROUTS ARE NOW BELIEVED TO BE THE SOURCE OF THE ECOLI

I know BadBoy, the experts just can"t make up their mind. at the last count 27 people have dies and 2700 ill, althought the Germans are saying the
rate of new cases has slowed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 10 Jun - 17:27

It is brusell sprouts now!! Hello:..........
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 10 Jun - 17:40

fred wrote:It is brusell sprouts now!! Hello:..........

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 306321 fred, Wouldn"t you know, sprouts are out of season now , so everyone can eat what they like. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 10 Jun - 18:32

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:ch5 news HAVE SAID THAT BEANSPROUTS ARE NOW BELIEVED TO BE THE SOURCE OF THE ECOLI

I know BadBoy, the experts just can"t make up their mind. at the last count 27 people have dies and 2700 ill, althought the Germans are saying the
i agreed,they seems to say one thing one moment and another the next day,wonder what it is now /or later what they will saying
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Fri 10 Jun - 20:24

Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

i agreed,they seems to say one thing one moment and another the next day,wonder what it is now /or later what they will saying
There's a LOT of poor hygiene methods out there. The cause is under-trained HUMANS, not the poor maligned veggies.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 11 Jun - 7:14

docmac wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

There's a LOT of poor hygiene methods out there. The cause is under-trained HUMANS, not the poor maligned veggies.

Very true! Low paid hard work.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Jun - 7:33

There's a local man here just been diagnosed with it, but as he has just recently come back from Germany, nobody seems to be that bothered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jun - 10:00

Iris wrote:There's a local man here just been diagnosed with it, but as he has just recently come back from Germany, nobody seems to be that bothered.

Morning Iris,

Unless it was essential that he made that trip to Germany, I wonder why he went.Lets hope he doesn"t experience the worst form where the Kidneys are
severely affected. Apparently not many new cases have been diagnosed and now that Beansprouts have been adjudged the cause let"s hope the
German HO does not stop there , but identifies the source .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Jun - 10:04

It seemed to be a "mild" case and the local Health Officer said he has now made a full recovery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jun - 10:14

Iris wrote:It seemed to be a "mild" case and the local Health Officer said he has now made a full recovery.

Oh. that"s good. A few years ago there was an outbreak of e-coli in a Town not too far from where I live, affecting some children from a Local School,
although the symptoms were not as severe . The source turned out to be a local Butcher Shop whose Owner hadn"t been too hygeinic about the way
he stored the Meat.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 11 Jun - 14:03

Hi all its a complete mess ineptitude does'nt even begin to describe it , i'm not satisfied with the beansprout explanation because Merkel arrived back from USA and told them to get their act together as it was making Germany look foolish and 24hrs later its the beansprouts i'm still convinced they have'nt a clue , as for the Germans being efficient take my word for it they're not.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jun - 14:11

halfamo wrote:Hi all its a complete mess ineptitude does'nt even begin to describe it , i'm not satisfied with the beansprout explanation because Merkel arrived back from USA and told them to get their act together as it was making Germany look foolish and 24hrs later its the beansprouts i'm still convinced they have'nt a clue , as for the Germans being efficient take my word for it they're not.

Hi halfamo,

There"s been no News today about casualties , any increase in the number of new cases? Why would Merkel blame the U.S.A. It was Germany"s
HEALTH OFFICIALS making all the guesses.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 11 Jun - 15:12

She did'nt blame the US but she had been over there and she was;nt well pleased to get back and find they were no further foward in finding the cause , last i heard 33 dead.Sorry did'nt make myself very clear in previous post.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 11 Jun - 15:14

Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:Hi all its a complete mess ineptitude does'nt even begin to describe it , i'm not satisfied with the beansprout explanation because Merkel arrived back from USA and told them to get their act together as it was making Germany look foolish and 24hrs later its the beansprouts i'm still convinced they have'nt a clue , as for the Germans being efficient take my word for it they're not.

Hi halfamo,

There"s been no News today about casualties , any increase in the number of new cases? Why would Merkel blame the U.S.A. It was Germany"s

Hakfamo

You know, I am of the same opinion. It seems to be they have decided for some reason or other to blame the "small farmer" because its "less trouble" to accuse a meagre farmer than open up an investigation as to how this strain of E-coli managed to get out of a lab all by itself.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 11 Jun - 15:19

Angelique wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi halfamo,

Hakfamo

You know, I am of the same opinion. It seems to be they have decided for some reason or other to blame the "small farmer" because its "less trouble" to accuse a meagre farmer than open up an investigation as to how this strain of E-coli managed to get out of a lab all by itself.

Yes just looking for a scapegoat and hoping it will all die down saves awkward explanations The country of Spain badmouthed a restaurant suffering and now small farms .
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jun - 15:27

halfamo wrote:She did'nt blame the US but she had been over there and she was;nt well pleased to get back and find they were no further foward in finding the cause , last i heard 33 dead.Sorry did'nt make myself very clear in previous post.

There were 27 dead , so 33 now means they havn"t got it under control, it might have nothing to do with vegetables at the end of the day, Could it be the Water supply since it is confined to certain areas in Germany?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next