Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

+13
Angelique
wjk
Angelina
AnnaEsse
halfamo
Lioned
fred
docmac
Bebootje
pennylane
mumbles
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
17 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 Empty Re: KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

Post  Guest Mon 27 Jun - 9:10

Hi Panda

They don't mean Sprouts as in everyone's favourite brassica - they mean (generically) sprouting seeds such as alfalfa, bean sprouts etc. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 944533
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 Empty Re: KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

Post  Panda Mon 27 Jun - 9:37

The End Is Nigh wrote:Hi Panda

They don't mean Sprouts as in everyone's favourite brassica - they mean (generically) sprouting seeds such as alfalfa, bean sprouts etc. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 944533

Oh they"re about TEIN aren"t they. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 23324

However, all these so called Sources is not helping Public confidence . Are they suggesting the seeds from Britain are responsible for the latest outbreak.
What about the 6 children taken ill a couple of weeks ago, they all ate Hamburgers!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 27 Jun - 9:43

SOURCE OF THE OUTBREAK SEEMS TO CHANGE EVERY OTHER DAY
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 27 Jun - 9:49

Badboy wrote:SOURCE OF THE OUTBREAK SEEMS TO CHANGE EVERY OTHER DAY

Hi Badboy,

I"m beginning to think the source is the manure,maybe the Cows chewing infected Grass . KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 27 Jun - 9:58

Grass is for smoking, not chewing KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 819946
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 27 Jun - 10:11

The End Is Nigh wrote:Grass is for smoking, not chewing KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 819946

Well maybe where you live .....my attempts were short and sweet and giggly KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 25346

Seriously now, what about all the fertilizers, GM crops etc, there are so many Chemicals used in food production these days .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 28 Jun - 9:10

I wonder if it is the practice I mentioned in an earlier post - spraying aerated manure in water dilution that's causing the problem. But I can't see the connection to hamburgers - this would have happened in the abortoir I believe.

I doubt it could be the seeds unless they were coated with a fertilizer which was contaminated - possibility.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 28 Jun - 9:35

Angelique wrote:I wonder if it is the practice I mentioned in an earlier post - spraying aerated manure in water dilution that's causing the problem. But I can't see the connection to hamburgers - this would have happened in the abortoir I believe.

I doubt it could be the seeds unless they were coated with a fertilizer which was contaminated - possibility.

High Angelique, I don"t think it is the seeds either, but with the state of the World economy ,to destroy all these food items on a changing explanation
of what the cause of this outbreak is ridiculous. If you list all the foodstuffs which hve supposedly been the cause, how come more case have been
reported? halfamo says there is a 7 day incubation period according to reports so how do they expect to isolate the source. ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 28 Jun - 11:48

If it's connected with the hamburger, it is possible that e-coli could be present in the abattoir/meat processing plant.
Possibly like this tragic case in South Wales, where a young child died as a result of the infection.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11814600
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 28 Jun - 12:07

Alfiefinn wrote:If it's connected with the hamburger, it is possible that e-coli could be present in the abattoir/meat processing plant.
Possibly like this tragic case in South Wales, where a young child died as a result of the infection.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11814600

Hi Alfiefinn,
Yes that was the case in South Wales, but this is meant to be a new strain and so far cucumbers, bean sprouts, hamburgers, possibly tomatoes , now
seeds. Truth to tell they just don"t know and there has not been a report for a few days now on new cases. Originally Hamburg was the source and Germany blamed Spanish Cucumbers which caused outrage iin Spain. Thousands of cucumbers were dumped and when it proved the claim was
groundless the Spanish are suing Germany for E 208 million. Lidl had to dispose of all Hamburgers from their Stores, now a seed company has to dispose
of their beansprout seeds. Let"s hope the source is found soon.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 5 Jul - 23:09

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_31187.shtml

Spain to claim 80 million E for E.Coli losses

The EU has issued a temporary Europe-wide ban on all imports of Egyptian seeds and beans, after fenugreek seeds for sprouting were identified as the most likely source of the outbreak
Fenugreek seeds - EFE

The Environment Minister, Rosa Aguilar, has upped the original estimate of losses suffered by Spanish farmers from the E.coli outbreak in Germany, and says that Spain will be claiming 80 million € from the European Union.

The original assessment was provisional and put losses at 51 million €, but it’s understood that the completed breakdown has now been gathered in from the Spanish regions. Spanish farmers had said they suffered 200 million € losses a week.

Spanish cucumbers were initially blamed for the E.coli outbreak, but a report made public on Tuesday from Europe’s food safety watchdog, the European Food Safety Authority, identified a shipment of fenugreek seeds from Egypt as the most likely source. The batch of seeds used to produce sprouts was imported in 2009 and is seen as ‘the most common likely link’ between outbreaks in Germany and France.

The EFSA’s recommendations led the European Commission to order a ban later on Tuesday of all imports of seeds and beans from Egypt. The ban is to be in place until October 31.

RTVE Spanish National Television said all EU countries have been asked to catalogue and destroy all batches of fenugreek seeds which have been imported from Egypt between 2009 and 2011.

mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 5 Jul - 23:26

Hi mara_thon,

There has been no news on any more cases for a few days and I was wondering what the latest was. The last I read it was a British firm which was
identified and they had recalled all their Seed packets. Now we read it is in Egypt.!!!!!

don"t you ever ask yourself where all this EU money is coming from? Millions loaned to Greece, Spain and Portugal , now claims for all the produce
in EU Countries destroyed by Growers.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 5 Jul - 23:42

WILL THERE BE ANOTHER `SOURCE' OF ECOLI FOUND NEXT?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 5 Jul - 23:55

Badboy wrote:WILL THERE BE ANOTHER `SOURCE' OF ECOLI FOUND NEXT?

No doubt Badboy....how come Egypt is the source of the seeds now, yet no reports of an outbreak there ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 6 Jul - 0:01

Panda wrote:

No doubt Badboy....how come Egypt is the source of the seeds now, yet no reports of an outbreak there ?
THAT A VERY GOOD QUESTION WHICH I DIDN'T THINK OF.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 6 Jul - 0:10

Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

To be honest I don"t think thay have a clue, but since there are no severe outbreaks being reported maybe seeds are the source.

I"ll say Goodnight and leave you to find out more about the Egyptian connection . KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 6 Jul - 1:13

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:

To be honest I don"t think thay have a clue, but since there are no severe outbreaks being reported maybe seeds are the source.

I"ll say Goodnight and leave you to find out more about the Egyptian connection . KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 9 25346
I HAVE READ A FEW ARTICLES ON GOOGLE NEWS ABOUT IT
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9