Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

+13
Angelique
wjk
Angelina
AnnaEsse
halfamo
Lioned
fred
docmac
Bebootje
pennylane
mumbles
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
17 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Thu 16 Jun - 17:38

I heard a little of this on Sky news earlier, did'nt realise it involved Lidl it really is odd all these cases cropping up .
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 Empty Re: KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

Post  Panda Thu 16 Jun - 17:42

Thanks for this mara_thon,

I said at the beginning that not far from where I live a few years ago an outbreak of e-coli affected schoolchildren in a village and the source was found to be meat from a Local Butcher . He apparently was not very hygienic in the way he stored the meat , had to close his Shop and was heavily fined.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 Empty Re: KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS

Post  mara thon Thu 16 Jun - 18:14

I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to hygiene but unfortunately there will always be those who don't follow a good hygiene practice. Out of sight out of mind I would think is a frequent occurrence, i.e. we called in an English cafe here for a coffee, the kitchen was clearly visible through a hatch in the wall. We actually saw a member of staff in the kitchen blow her nose on her apron and then carry on making sandwiches. We were out of there before our coffee arrived.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 17 Jun - 2:46

Panda

Can you remember the title of Bebootje's post - cant find it - do you know if it's been moved ?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 17 Jun - 2:52

Angelique wrote:Panda

Can you remember the title of Bebootje's post - cant find it - do you know if it's been moved ?

It"s in the "Another Earthquake hits Christchurch thread. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 25346 KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 17 Jun - 10:25

Not seen any updates on the children in France, anyone else?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 17 Jun - 10:36

There you go wjk

French Kids Ill After Eating 'E.coli Burgers'
18 Comments10:07pm UK, Thursday June 16, 2011

Five children are in a serious condition in France with E.coli infections after eating meat infected with the bacteria.

The children had eaten Steak Country beefburgers

However, officials said the outbreak did not appear to be related to the deadly strain which has killed 37 people and made 3,000 ill, mostly in northern Germany.

The children had eaten beefburgers made by French company SEB which said the meat was taken from animals slaughtered in three European countries and processed in France.

"There's meat from Germany, there's meat from Belgium and from Holland," said SEB chief executive Guy Lamorlette.

(The children) are in a serious but not worrying state. Their lives are not at all in danger.

Regional Health Agency spokesman
Six children, aged between 20 months and eight years old, were taken to a hospital in Lille, northern France on Wednesday and one was later released.

Three are being treated with hemodialysis, a method of removing waste products from the blood after kidney failure.

E.coli: Your Questions Answered
What is E.coli, what does it do and how can you avoid contamination?

Find out how to stay safe, with advice from Sky's regular medical contributor Dr Sarah Jarvis.

A spokesman for the Regional Health Agency (ARS) said: "They are in a serious but not worrying state. Their lives are not at all in danger."

The "Steak Country" burgers were bought in French branches of German supermarket Lidl.

German supermarket Lidl has withdrawn the burgers

SEB has recalled the burgers and Lidl said it had removed boxes from its shelves in France.

The outbreak comes on the heels of E.coli cases linked to contaminated bean sprouts which has killed 36 people in Germany and one in Sweden.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 17 Jun - 11:12

Thanks Panda xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 17 Jun - 21:58

Panda

Many thanks - I appreciate your help. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 25346
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Jun - 8:11

Well we got back from Southern Spain a day or so ago and I'm happy to report that not only were the Cucumbers delicious (we ate them on principle, despite finding out about the Bean Sprout hypothesis) but so were all the other salad items. The shops and markets were awash with them.

Bit of fuss in the Spanish Newspapers about lost revenue, though. Quite right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jun - 8:41

The End Is Nigh wrote:Well we got back from Southern Spain a day or so ago and I'm happy to report that not only were the Cucumbers delicious (we ate them on principle, despite finding out about the Bean Sprout hypothesis) but so were all the other salad items. The shops and markets were awash with them.

Morning The end is Nigh,

The Spanish are suing the Germans for millions of Euros because of having to destroy thousands of Cucumbers etc only to find it was uneccessary.
Now it appears to be Meat responsible yet the WHO doesn"t seem to be able to pin down the cause which is worrying.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Jun - 9:50

Panda wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Well we got back from Southern Spain a day or so ago and I'm happy to report that not only were the Cucumbers delicious (we ate them on principle, despite finding out about the Bean Sprout hypothesis) but so were all the other salad items. The shops and markets were awash with them.

Morning The end is Nigh,

The Spanish are suing the Germans for millions of Euros because of having to destroy thousands of Cucumbers etc only to find it was uneccessary.
Now it appears to be Meat responsible yet the WHO doesn"t seem to be able to pin down the cause which is worrying.

Meat, eh? Missed that theory!

Still, we lived mainly off fish, including Eels which we tried for the very first time and were FABULOUS.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jun - 10:09

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning The end is Nigh,

Meat, eh? Missed that theory!

Iposted here yesterday that some children in France were sick from eating Beefburgers, interesting, have a read.

Still, we lived mainly off fish, including Eels which we tried for the very first time and were FABULOUS.
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 25346

I posted here yesterday that some children in France were sick from eating Beefburgers, interesting, have a read. I tried Eels once....too chewy for me.
KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Jun - 10:24

These Eels are farmed and they are tiny .................. oddly enough, similar in appearance (both size and shape) to Bean Sprouts!

Very tender and very mild in flavour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jun - 10:39

The End Is Nigh wrote:These Eels are farmed and they are tiny .................. oddly enough, similar in appearance (both size and shape) to Bean Sprouts!

Very tender and very mild in flavour.

Glad you enjoyed them and had good weather. What do you think of the latest outbreak? It"s very worrying and may not even be a new strain of e-coli.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Jun - 10:50

I think we have become too hygiene conscious and have made ourselves more vulnerable to infection.

Despite that sentiment, I once took an employee of a well known Supermarket Chain to task for stocking up fresh bread product shelves using her bare hands: She got most indignant and said she was allowed to do that and anyway her hands were clean .......... but were they? I have no idea and nor did she.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jun - 11:04

Yes , I would agree with you there. Plus all the additives in food now, intensive Farming , GM crops etc. yet the U.K. throws away £10 Billion of out of date
food simply because the Supermarkets give us a sell by and use by date. As someone here said smell it, taste it, if it seems alright eat it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 18 Jun - 12:04

On my com home page today this strain of ecoli been found in a brook.Thats as much as i know at the moment.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jun - 12:13

halfamo wrote:On my com home page today this strain of ecoli been found in a brook.Thats as much as i know at the moment.

Hi halfamo,

So now it will be fish contaminating the rivers which flow into brooks and streams..........If it wasn"t so serious it would be laughable.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 18 Jun - 12:36

Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:On my com home page today this strain of ecoli been found in a brook.Thats as much as i know at the moment.

Hi halfamo,

So now it will be fish contaminating the rivers which flow into brooks and streams..........If it wasn"t so serious it would be laughable.

Just my opinion panda but i think the Germans have made a complete c*ckup of this from the start.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Jun - 12:42

Panda wrote:

Hi halfamo,

Sugar!

Let's hope it isn't the Eels, then ................. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jun - 12:45

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi halfamo,

Sugar!

Let's hope it isn't the Eels, then ................. KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 389741

You"d best go to your GP immediately and get an anti e-coli jab KILLER CUCUMBER OUTBREAK SPREADS - Page 7 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jun - 12:58

halfamo wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi halfamo,

Just my opinion panda but i think the Germans have made a complete c*ckup of this from the start.

I agree and wonder why the best brains from around the World havn"t been brought in . It seems Germany is still the source but it may not be a new
e-coli strain if it is found in vegetables, meat and now water ........there has to be a common denominator. No new case reported in the News today.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 19 Jun - 14:59

This is beginning to sound very random. I wonder if there isn't something more to this.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Jun - 16:44

Angelique wrote:This is beginning to sound very random. I wonder if there isn't something more to this.

Yes Angelique, I"m beginning to think Germany was targeted because it is doing well economically and a virus has been introduced by a Terrorist Organisation. It is far more effective than bombs and proving much harder to find the source.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next