Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry!

+36
HiDeHo
maebee
Annabel
Badboy
pennylane
jay2001
marxman
Colonel Fabien
margaret
tanszi
Me
dazedandconfused
Lioned
Justiceforallkids
dutchclogs
Chris
blossom45
chrissie
contrary
Keela
ann_chovey
mummy45
mulberry babe
Lillyofthevalley
halfamo
Thistledown
Nic
wjk
almostgothic
NoStone
interested
the slave
gillyspot
xtina
Wintabells
nospinnaker
40 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! Empty Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry!

Post  marxman Tue 22 Nov - 9:38

It has been scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday 23rd for Gerry to appear
before Lord Leveson's Inquiry. (time not given) According to Sky News.
What I find interesting is the fact that to all accounts Gerry was not hacked.
So why is he there? A possible good marketing ploy?
I get the feeling that Murdoch will not we well pleased and Gerry may find
himself on the receiving end of some very interseting headlines in the future.
Looking good days ahead.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! Empty Re: Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry!

Post  nospinnaker Tue 22 Nov - 10:10

The Leveson Inquiry isn't just looking at 'phone hacking, it's looking at the whole question of ethics in the press. As Gerry and Kate have been accused - they would say falsely - by some newspaper articles they applied for their chance to have their say.

I cannot believe - as I have posted elsewhere - that Gerry can accomplish the 'quiet and dignified' performance of the Dowlers, nor can he deliver the virtuoso display of Hugh Grant. I don't believe he realised he would be cross examined by an accomplished lawyer live on National TV with feeds going all over the world.

On another forum I suggested we may see the onset of strategic influenza....
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :
Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! Empty Re: Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry!

Post  blossom45 Tue 22 Nov - 11:47

i am totally glued to the leveson inquiry,
maybe 'cos i'm a current affairs junky...lol.
but in my opinion there is no way that mccann has the nous or temperament of hugh grant,
he will be full of sweaty nervous twitches and babbling his usual sound bytes.
he only has his mitchell/carter ruck script to guide him,
and god forbid he should have to answewr a direct question that isn't in that script.

the only thing that is bothering me just now,
is,watching this morning,the two witnesses have had minimal tv coverage,
perhaps because nobody has really heard of them...
i'm wondering if mccann will also be denied air time.
blossom45
blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 22 Nov - 13:44

I'm trying to watch it on BBC Democracy Live here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/house_of_commons/newsid_8167000/8167512.stm

but it's telling me the content isn't working and I should try again later. Is there anywhere else I can find it, or are they on their lunchbreak?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 22 Nov - 13:51

The witness schedule:

:: Monday November 21

Bob and Sally Dowler, Hugh Grant, Graham Shear (lawyer), Joan Smith (writer, previous relationship with MP Denis MacShane).

:: Tuesday November 22

Steve Coogan, Mary-Ellen Field (supermodel Elle Macpherson's former business adviser), Garry Flitcroft (former Premiership footballer), Margaret Watson (mother of murder victim Diane Watson, stabbed at school).

:: Wednesday November 23

Gerry McCann (father of missing Madeleine), Sheryl Gascoigne (ex-wife of footballer Paul), Tom Rowland (journalist), Mark Lewis (lawyer, represents some phone hacking victims).

:: Thursday November 24

Sienna Miller, Max Mosley, JK Rowling, Mark Thomson (lawyer), HJK (anonymous witness - had a relationship with well-known person).

:: Monday November 28

Charlotte Church, Anne Diamond, Ian Hurst (former British Army intelligence officer), Jane Winter (Northern Ireland human rights campaigner), Chris Jefferies (landlord of murdered Joanna Yeates).

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Tue 22 Nov - 13:56

Wintabells wrote:The witness schedule:

:: Monday November 21

Bob and Sally Dowler, Hugh Grant, Graham Shear (lawyer), Joan Smith (writer, previous relationship with MP Denis MacShane).

:: Tuesday November 22

Steve Coogan, Mary-Ellen Field (supermodel Elle Macpherson's former business adviser), Garry Flitcroft (former Premiership footballer), Margaret Watson (mother of murder victim Diane Watson, stabbed at school).

:: Wednesday November 23

Gerry McCann (father of missing Madeleine), Sheryl Gascoigne (ex-wife of footballer Paul), Tom Rowland (journalist), Mark Lewis (lawyer, represents some phone hacking victims).

:: Thursday November 24

Sienna Miller, Max Mosley, JK Rowling, Mark Thomson (lawyer), HJK (anonymous witness - had a relationship with well-known person).
:: Monday November 28

Charlotte Church, Anne Diamond, Ian Hurst (former British Army intelligence officer), Jane Winter (Northern Ireland human rights campaigner), Chris Jefferies (landlord of murdered Joanna Yeates).

How is KJK going to give evidence if they are to remain anonymous?
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 22 Nov - 13:58

Wintabells wrote:I'm trying to watch it on BBC Democracy Live here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/house_of_commons/newsid_8167000/8167512.stm

but it's telling me the content isn't working and I should try again later. Is there anywhere else I can find it, or are they on their lunchbreak?

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16114914

Sky News has a live blog but also looks as though you can watch it live there too. It says they're on a break until 2pm
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 22 Nov - 14:03

margaret wrote:
Wintabells wrote:I'm trying to watch it on BBC Democracy Live here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/house_of_commons/newsid_8167000/8167512.stm

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16114914

Sky News has a live blog but also looks as though you can watch it live there too. It says they're on a break until 2pm

Hi Margaret and thanks :)
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 22 Nov - 14:05

gillyspot wrote:How is KJK going to give evidence if they are to remain anonymous?

Maybe no camera on her/him and voice distorted or something. Or maybe JKR can provide an invisibility cloak?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 22 Nov - 14:10

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/hearings/

I've found live feed here too.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 22 Nov - 16:12

Just been listening to BBC News there reporting that its both Gerry and Kate tomorrow, do you think the reporter has it wrong....hope not, I'm sure Kate will mess up big time if she is able to speak out......
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Tue 22 Nov - 16:23

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Just been listening to BBC News there reporting that its both Gerry and Kate tomorrow, do you think the reporter has it wrong....hope not, I'm sure Kate will mess up big time if she is able to speak out......

I just heard the same thing on Sky News Lilly.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Tue 22 Nov - 16:26

The running order for tomorrow is:

Phone hacking solicitor Mark Lewis
Sheryl Gascoigne, ex wife of England footballer Paul
Tom Rowland
Gerry and Kate McCann
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Tue 22 Nov - 16:46

i maybe wrong but according to the witness list it is just g mcc..................

Wednesday
23rdNovember

Sheryl Gascoigne
Mark Lewis

Gerry McCann

Tom Rowland

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Witness-List-wc-21.11.11.pdf

although it should be k mcc so i hope its right they are both on
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 22 Nov - 17:03

nospinnaker wrote:The Leveson Inquiry isn't just lookingat 'phone hacking, it's lookingat the whole question of ethics in the press.As Gerryand Kate have beenaccused - they would say falsely - by some newspaperarticles theyapplied for their chance to have their say. I cannot believe -as I have posted elsewhere - that Gerry canaccomplish the 'quietand dignified' performance of the Dowlers, nor can he deliver the virtuoso display of Hugh Grant. I don't believe he realised he would be cross examined byanaccomplished lawyer live on National TV with feeds goingall over the world. Onanother forum I suggested we may see the onset of strategic influenza....
Thanyou nospinnaker, so itsalsoabout ethics then. So Gerryand Kate will lambast the early press for unfavourable press for which they received compensation, but how can they complainabout the media when it was clearly bias towards their causeafter they 'won' their compo? I believe that the Murdoch global news empire provided them with so much protectionand propaganda that they run the risk of biting the hand that fed them. Ialso think that Gerryand Kate will be swamped by the occasionand the calibre of the legal minds that they will comea crapper. Looking with eyes wide open!

Last edited by marxman on Tue 22 Nov - 17:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Tue 22 Nov - 17:17

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8888091/Leveson-Inquiry-live.html

17.00 We're going to bring our live coverage of today's Leveson Inquiry to a close.

Join us tomorrow from 10am when the court will hear from lawyer Mark Lewis, Paul Gascoigne's ex-wife Sheryl, journalist Tom Rowland and Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of Madeleine.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 22 Nov - 17:38

Well the pair will either be full of bluff or full of bowel churning. I bet the viewing figures will be high. I shall have to gag myself and ensure all missiles are well away from my reach.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Tue 22 Nov - 17:38

I've just had a thought (I must treasure it lol). Perhaps Gerry will be giving "evidence" and Kate's job will be to sit next to him looking miserable and holding his hand. Not forgetting to show of those good quality wristbands of course.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 22 Nov - 17:46

gillyspot wrote:I've just had a thought (I must treasure it lol). Perhaps Gerry will be giving "evidence" and Kate's job will be to sit next to him looking miserable and holding his hand. Not forgetting to show of those good quality wristbands of course.

And cuddle cat of course.
Who is counting the erms, the you knows, the ear, nose scratching?
Just the thought of Kate's whinging voice are making me retch but it is a must not be missed event and I am convinced even if kid gloves are worn by the guy asking the questions, one or both of them will trip up either in words or actions.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 22 Nov - 18:24

There is noway Gerry is going to allow Kate speak.....she will be under strict orders to do the norm........"just hold on to the crotch and STFU" Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! 613255
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Nov - 18:41

Ugh to the last comment, that has really put me off my tea! I was planning to watch the proceedings "live" tomorrow when I thought it was only Gerry giving evidence but, with the possibility of Kate putting in an appearance too, my courage is deserting me. There's something about her whining voice and her pathetic attempts to portray herself as a loving parent which have me kicking everything in sight - only inanimate objects I hasten to add.

I shall probably make do with reading a transcript later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 22 Nov - 18:43

Pat Brown aught to be able to view it.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 22 Nov - 18:44

i will rely upon the good people here, or if im well enough i might watch it on live coverage. Perhaps Pat Brown is watching in via a link somewhere in the states.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Tue 22 Nov - 18:53

I'm wondering why Amaral isn't part of these proceedings.
He has been maligned beyond reason by the tabloids here.
It's a pity he can't be part of it all.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 22 Nov - 19:42

I didn't know witnesses would be cross-examined and when he signed on I'll bet Gerry didn't know either. I'll bet he thought it was another opportunity to just blah, blah, blah and what with it being so close to Christmas, a chance to get in a plug for the fund. If Kate does show up I'm hoping even if she just utters one nod in agreement with what he says, she will be subject to cross-examination as well. Truth be told, I don't know they have the nerve to complain about the press coverage they have received. The U.K. press has kept the fund in business.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next