Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard

+38
Annabel
Lillyofthevalley
margaret
Oldartform
kitti
Loopdaloop
Lioned
kathybelle
interested
Wintabells
frencheuropean
chrissie
Angelique
mara thon
quickfingers
yask27
Wallflower
gillyspot
LJC
maebee
jejune
lynn
ann_chovey
SteveT
Ang
Bobsy
keepingmum
blossom45
wjk
Angelina
jeanmonroe
fred
Keela
HiDeHo
AnnaEsse
Justiceforallkids
comperedna
ali1966
42 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 Empty Re: Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 7 Dec - 0:15

Oldartform wrote:Something very dodgey going on if the MET haven`t even bothered to look at the case files and liaise with the investigators - what a pointless exercise and so obviously a whitewash.

No no no no no! you're looking at this from the wrong perspective! they want this to be 'independent'.

The portugese police and armarel are tainted! All the newspapers have ripped them apart!
IF they bring charges against the Mccann's after their own independent investigation what is clarence going to say then?
Not even Alex Woolfall will get them out of that mess because there will be NO fall guy! No 'stupid portugese police leading the SHEEP MET'
as the MET are doing it all on their own!

I'm sure they were in spain investigating the Helluva angle!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 Empty Re: Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 7 Dec - 0:18

kitti wrote:So let's get this straight...The portuguese said that the met didn't go to Portugal to speak to them and have no knowledge off the met going to Spain to speak to the Spanish police and have had NO correspondence with the met regarding the review.

The mail and the sun have said that 30 met officers are going to Portugal to talk to the portuguese and have spent 3 days in.....Barcelona ....not just any old place in Spain but Barcelona where the....'where's me dorta'...posh lookilike just happened to be spotted by a drunk who took 2 years to sober up to remember that Information.....

I know who I'm inclined to believe...

If the met are actually in Barcelona checking up with the Spanish police then....GOD HELP US......we have imbeciles who are being payed vast amounts off money to police the UK......

Of course they're not following the 'victoria beckham' line of investigation! The evening standard said it was 'homicide' detectives thus following a line of enquiry into a murder! Our newspapers can't repeat the 'missing time' the Mccann's had in Helluva; and the only other story they can lead with RE: Spain links is the 'sighting'. They also can't focus on the dodgy investigation company either!

I think the MET are on it! (Even clarence was surprised!)

even Martin Brunt acknowledged the signifcance of the 30 officers! as pointed out by the express in that sarcastic in tone article posted on here!

Madeleine Cops In Portugal
by Martin Brunt

They may not have welcomed the order from Downing Street to launch an investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance, but at least Scotland Yard detectives have made a first visit to Portugual.

I can't imagine they were given a warm welcome by their Portuguese colleagues whose work (failure to solve the mystery) the Met team is reviewing.

Still, it's a step in the right direction and officially the two groups met "with very good co-operation and liaison will continue."

There are 30 Met officers - the equivalent of a murder squad - working on the review and I'm told that a senior officer is having to give regular spending updates to the Home Office which is funding an operation that will cost several millions and last many months.

But it's difficult to get much information about the operation from the cops, No 10 or the Home Office.

A recent Freedom of Information request for answers to a dozen of so questions has been held up by the Yard's FOI man while he considers if the info sought is in the public interest.

in SkyNews - A Life of Crime blog, September 8, 2011 [at 11 am]
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :
Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 7 Dec - 0:43

It was estimated to cost £3.5 million and I would imagine a team, will be in in Leicester Police Station checking their files. If you remember, the Mccanns went to the High Court to get the release of their Files but the Chief Constable objected on the grounds it was an ongoing
case so Justice Hogg had to agree to only 8 pieces being given to the McCanns.

Why is Madeleine still a Ward of Court I would like to know.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 Empty OF all the newspapers the least you would expect to give a reasonably balanced report would be .....

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 7 Dec - 1:17

The Daily STAR !!! ??? !!

Police take another look at Madeleine McCann disappearance
Published On Mon Dec 05 2011Email Print
Rss
Article
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1097120--police-take-another-look-at-madeleine-mccann-disappearance?bn=1
The disappearance of Madeleine McCann more than four years ago sparked an international outpouring of grief.
AP FILE PHOTO
Stephanie Findlay
Staff Reporter

Recent visits to Spain by Scotland Yard detectives are sparking fresh speculation about the 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Detectives have been flying to Spain over the past two weeks to investigate new developments in the case of the British 3-year-old who disappeared from a vacation apartment in Portugal as her parents ate at a tapas bar 100 metres away.

The detectives won’t say why they spent three days visiting police in Barcelona, but there are reports Madeleine was abducted in Portugal and smuggled across the border to Spain.

Though the official case was closed in 2008, Scotland Yard was directed to review the McCann files in May after Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, both doctors, made an appeal to British Prime Minister David Cameron.

“There has been very good co-operation with Portuguese authorities and liaison will continue,” said a Scotland Yard spokesman.

“We are pleased that the review is making progress,” the couple said in a statement issued Monday.

While the initial reaction to their daughter’s disappearance was supportive — the outpouring of grief was compared to Princess Diana’s death, and celebrities such as J.K. Rowling and Richard Branson offered million-dollar rewards for her return — the mood shifted in the following months, as theories published by tabloids accused the McCanns of murdering Madeleine and covering up their crime.

Probably the most potent rumour was that the McCanns killed Madeleine, stored her body in a freezer, then used a rental car to dispose of it.

Headlines like “Corpse in McCann Car” and “Maddy DNA Bombshell: New Results Put Parents Back in the Spotlight” were ubiquitous.

Like Lindy Chamberlain — the Australian woman who testified a dingo stole her baby — before her and Casey Anthony since, Kate McCann was seen as aloof and criticized for not displaying appropriate emotional distress.

Last month, the McCanns told the an inquiry into the conduct of the British media that the tabloid headlines were “nothing short of disgusting.”

The McCanns successfully sued The Express, a British tabloid, for libel in March 2008.

That July, Portugal’s public prosecutor closed the investigation, concluding there was no evidence against the parents.

Still, theories abound. In February, Marcelino Italiano, an amateur sleuth, told the British Sun tabloid that Madeleine had been abducted by a pedophile ring based in the Algarve region of Portugal where the McCanns were staying.

“I know these people were involved,” said Italiano, an Angola-born nightclub bouncer. “I have been told that Madeleine may now be in America.”

I love how Stephanie Findlay has got away with saying what she wants to; by quoting former reports from other newspapers!
She is saying in this article that they are there to investigate the possibility that they took the body to spain in the rental car!
The Helluva Trip!!!!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 7 Dec - 7:35

Loopdaloop wrote:
kitti wrote:'4 secret visits to Spain and 3 to portugal'......secret as In......Mitchell only just found out about it 3 week after it happened....tut tut...clarrie...your slipping ..

where was this quote from? Did he really not know? wow!! :)

I'm summising he didn't know as the news was reported 2 weeks later and if he had known he would off reported it either BEFORE...Or DURING....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 7 Dec - 7:46

And obviously....IF the mccanns were being kept 'updated' they would off been Informed about going to Spain etc And THEY in turn would off informed clarry and HE in turn would off ran as fast as he could to spread his crap so it could be printed and spun.

The met had been and come back and clarry had to spin as quick as he could before someone else found out about this visit.....that's how interested the news is having it printed weeks later and no journo bothered to find out what the met are up to.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 7 Dec - 9:48

[quote="Loopdaloop"]
Oldartform wrote:Something very dodgey going on if the MET haven`t even bothered to look at the case files and liaise with the investigators - what a pointless exercise and so obviously a whitewash.

No no no no no! you're looking at this from the wrong perspective! they want this to be 'independent'.

The portugese police and armarel are tainted!

I understand your perspective but just because the press and the McCanns have damned the PJ, doesn`t mean that SY have damned them. There is usually respect between all officers whatever force they belong to and I`m sure they wouldn`t want to snub the PJ in any way. But maybe this latest press release is a red herring to make us all believe it is `independent`. I hope you`re right.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 7 Dec - 10:46

[quote="Oldartform"]
Loopdaloop wrote:

I understand your perspective but just because the press and the McCanns have damned the PJ, doesn`t mean that SY have damned them. There is usually respect between all officers whatever force they belong to and I`m sure they wouldn`t want to snub the PJ in any way. But maybe this latest press release is a red herring to make us all believe it is `independent`. I hope you`re right.

BUT..... if there was fraud committed regards M3 would that be within the juristiction of the PJ? No! That angle would be left for British police to pursue alone.......
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sat 10 Dec - 9:41

Portugal News

http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=1142-12

Scotland Yard detectives probe Spanish Madeleine lead

10/12/2011 [Online 9-12-11]

Last month Scotland Yard detectives flew from the UK to Barcelona, Spain, to re-examine parts of the investigation into the disappearance of British child Madeline McCann, who went missing from a holiday resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.

While it has not been confirmed by Scotland Yard, it is believed that the detectives travelled to the Spanish city to probe a lead into the girl’s disappearance, a suspicious encounter that took place in Barcelona three days after she vanished.

Details of the incident emerged in 2009 through private detectives hired by the McCanns. It is understood to involve a “glamorous and well turned out Victoria Beckham lookalike” with an Australian or New Zealand accent who also spoke fluent Spanish.

The woman, then in her early thirties, was noticed by two British men on a stag party in Barcelona pacing up and down outside Barcelona Marina’s El Rey de la Gamba bar, in an agitated fashion.

It is claimed that the woman approached one of the men, a British businessman, and asked him: “Are you here to deliver my new daughter?”

The private detectives were convinced the woman might have information as to Madeleine’s whereabouts.

Initial suggestions in the press were that she could have been smuggled by yacht from Praia da Luz to Barcelona.

Reports this week in the Aberdeen Evening Express said that Scotland Yard officers had spent three days with Spanish colleagues in Barcelona last month discussing the girl’s disappearance from Portugal.

Their endeavours are part of a revision of the case in which all relevant information is being examined.

It has also been reported that, since May this year, Scotland Yard detectives have been to Portugal three times.

Toddler Madeleine went missing on 3 May, 2007, days after her fourth birthday.

The investigation into her disappearance was reopened by British Prime Minister David Cameron following a plea from the girl’s parents for an “independent, transparent and thorough revision” of the case.

Edition: 1142
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 10 Dec - 10:20

While it has not been confirmed by Scotland Yard, it is believed that the detectives travelled to the Spanish city to probe a lead into the girl’s disappearance, a suspicious encounter that took place in Barcelona three days after she vanished.

Believed by whom exactly??? Is this the sort of hurtful speculation the Mc's so hate?? OR is it clarry spin to help support the cause???
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 10 Dec - 11:48

[quote="margaret"]
Oldartform wrote:
Loopdaloop wrote:

BUT..... if there was fraud committed regards M3 would that be within the juristiction of the PJ? No! That angle would be left for British police to pursue alone.......

My opinion of this is that the Met will be doing this alone, they will want to show the PJ how it should be done, (british bull dog ways as usual) I'm sure they have been in Spain but more todo with M3 then the silly Barca sighting, I also agree with the fact that Cameron as seriously rubbed up SY and the findings of this "secrect review" will be the first steps to this case been re-opened, I dont tning Cameron or NSY are playing the McCanns game, this imo is the start of the end for the McCanns and their Tapas friends.....
If we all sit back and access the situation at the moment compared to 4+years ago, Review Amaral libel cases in feb, Pat Brown future Libel case, Mr Amaral yesterday saying that the case will be re-opened, too me the McCanns are on borrowed time imo.

Snr Amaral
"Justice works in silence"
“The case has to be re-opened, and I have faith that it will be,”[quote]
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 11 Dec - 4:59

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/289212/Madeleine-detective-fly-to-Spain

Sunday Express

MADELEINE DETECTIVE FLY TO SPAIN

Detectives will fly to Spain to pursue leads Madeleine McCann was kidnapped by organised criminals

Sunday December 11,2011
By James Murray

SCOTLAND Yard detectives will fly to Spain to pursue leads that Madeleine McCann was kidnapped to order by organised criminals.

When three officers flew to Barcelona for two days last month they met detectives from Spain’s Drugs and Organised Crime Unit.

One theory being considered is that Madeleine’s abduction was part of a sophisticated child kidnap racket, possibly involving Spanish gypsies.

The McCann’s private investigator Dave Edgar has had discussions with Scotland Yard about a woman in Barcelona who has never been traced.

Four days after Madeleine vanished from Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3, 2007, the woman, a Victoria Beckham lookalike, spoke to a British man on a stag night and asked him a strange question along the lines of: “Have you got her? Have you got the child?”

She appeared to be expecting to meet a man at 2am who would be handing over a child.

"The McCann’s private investigator Dave Edgar has had discussions with Scotland Yard about a woman in Barcelona"

Scotland Yard will be examining that contact.

Note: Back to Gypsies Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 49091
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 11 Dec - 9:09

Thanks for that article, Annabel.

Yes, and it's back once again for the umpteenth time, to Team McCann's favourite ethnic scapegoat.
And a story so old it's got whiskers on it.
But where does the Express get the information from, concerning the Met's proposed investigations in Spain?
As far as I can see there are no quotes from official, attributable sources - indeed a Met spokesperson recently said this (also in the Express, ROFL) ...

“We are not prepared to discuss specific details of these visits nor speculate about any future deployments to Portugal or elsewhere.”

So we can only assume that the info came from another source, but even the ubiquitous 'friend of the family' hasn't seen fit to raise his ugly head above the parapet on this one!
Although Dave 'Pinstripe' Edgar does get a mention - like it was he who sent the Met on this wild goose chase in the first place. The ever-helpful Team McCann as usual, eh? Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 294124
And surely the good detectives wouldn't have hit Barcelona recently without having a chat and a cuppa with Metodo 3? I bet they've got LOTS to talk about ...

When I hear from someone at the Met confirming they are after Posh Spice and the gypsies, I'll believe it.

Until then ...... Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 310216

NEXT!!!

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Dec - 9:53

The McCann’s private investigator Dave Edgar has had discussions
with Scotland Yard about a woman in Barcelona who has never been traced."

Presumably this is the same woman who said "have you got my daughter" where I commented the other day shat she might have said "have you got my quarter" which is s word used by drug users and sounds more feasible at 2am. I think the Express are getting paid for
writing this rubbish by the McCanns to go towards the £1 million they paid to the McCanns and Tapas 7.

thanks Annabel
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Sun 11 Dec - 10:34

This is all speculation why the Met are in Spain, another report with Clarence finger prints all over it.
Just seen the documentary on the Kate Prout murder and how the cadaver dog directed the police to the scene of the dead body, brilliant. GM could do with watching it.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Dec - 10:54

duncanmac wrote:This is all speculation why the Met are in Spain, another report with Clarence finger prints all over it.
Just seen the documentary on the Kate Prout murder and how the cadaver dog directed the police to the scene of the dead body, brilliant. GM could do with watching it.

He wouldn"t give credence to it if he did duncanmac remembering his comment "ask the dogs" when being interviewed by Sandra, the
only interviewer who had the guts to question them. Why the McCanns want to hog the Press with these stupid reports when they
have just told Leveson how they were hounded by the Press is puzzling. Are they doing it to strengthen their claim that Madeleine could
be alive prior to the Trial? Maybe they are getting worried now........GOOD.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Sun 11 Dec - 11:02

Panda, the more fictional sightings the better in my eyes.
It counteracts their argument that Amarals book stopped people looking
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Dec - 11:24

duncanmac wrote:Panda, the more fictional sightings the better in my eyes.
It counteracts their argument that Amarals book stopped people looking

Yes, I go along with that. As for the other claim that it damaged the health of all the Family, it beggars belief. For a start the twins
were only 2 when Madeleine disappeared and 4 when the book was published in Portugese !!! How can the McCanns claim that the book
damaged their health when Gerry went back to work and Kate was happy to work with Edgar and his partner on the "most important job of my life".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 11 Dec - 11:46

almostgothic wrote:Thanks for that article, Annabel.

Yes, and it's back once again for the umpteenth time, to Team McCann's favourite ethnic scapegoat.
And a story so old it's got whiskers on it.
But where does the Express get the information from, concerning the Met's proposed investigations in Spain?
As far as I can see there are no quotes from official, attributable sources - indeed a Met spokesperson recently said this (also in the Express, ROFL) ...

“We are not prepared to discuss specific details of these visits nor speculate about any future deployments to Portugal or elsewhere.”

So we can only assume that the info came from another source, but even the ubiquitous 'friend of the family' hasn't seen fit to raise his ugly head above the parapet on this one!
Although Dave 'Pinstripe' Edgar does get a mention - like it was he who sent the Met on this wild goose chase in the first place. The ever-helpful Team McCann as usual, eh? Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 294124
And surely the good detectives wouldn't have hit Barcelona recently without having a chat and a cuppa with Metodo 3? I bet they've got LOTS to talk about ...

When I hear from someone at the Met confirming they are after Posh Spice and the gypsies, I'll believe it.

Until then ...... Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 6 310216

NEXT!!! The press should stop this hurtful speculation almostgothic - it might raise false hopes in the Mc's that the little girl is alive - very damaging to one's health!!

The press should stop this hurtful speculation almostgothic - it might raise false hopes in the Mc's that the little girl is alive - very damaging to one's health!!

Last edited by NoStone on Sun 11 Dec - 12:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add the missing text!??)
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Dec - 11:49

duncanmac wrote:This is all speculation why the Met are in Spain, another report with Clarence finger prints all over it.

I should be very surprised if he hasn't - he won't want to be caught out being uninformed, hence having no counter argument to wow the adoring public.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6