Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard

+38
Annabel
Lillyofthevalley
margaret
Oldartform
kitti
Loopdaloop
Lioned
kathybelle
interested
Wintabells
frencheuropean
chrissie
Angelique
mara thon
quickfingers
yask27
Wallflower
gillyspot
LJC
maebee
jejune
lynn
ann_chovey
SteveT
Ang
Bobsy
keepingmum
blossom45
wjk
Angelina
jeanmonroe
fred
Keela
HiDeHo
AnnaEsse
Justiceforallkids
comperedna
ali1966
42 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard

Post  Panda Tue 6 Dec - 9:36

yask27 wrote:High there.

Haven't been much on here recently.

Just heard on LBC an editor of the Express talking about the SY trips.

It's a load of hot air is the basic inference. More to come, I suppose.

Morning yask27,

I think Joe Public are heartily sick of the McCanns and lost interest long ago in their "efforts" to find Madeleine. Have you noticed how the emphasis has shifted from their missing daughter to themselves??? Their "suffering" at press intrusion, their pleasure that SY is doing it"s
job etc.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard

Post  yask27 Tue 6 Dec - 9:51

Thanks Panda.

I know what you mean.

Meanwhile the show goes on !
yask27
yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Warning :
Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 6 Dec - 9:57

"The Operation Grange squad, led by Det Chief Inspector John Redwood, has also visited Portugal three times."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3980376/Maddie-McCann-cops-jet-to-Barcelona.html (scroll down)

I do hope John Redwood isn't neglecting his parliamentary duties to go jetting around the Iberian peninsula.
Still, most Sun readers probably won't even notice this glaring error.
The crime editor who wrote it certainly didn't ... Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 6 Dec - 10:06

Good article from Anorak, mentioning Lee Rainbow (again) ......

Madeleine McCann: The Sun Uses Our Maddie To Look Good

http://www.anorak.co.uk/304243/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-the-sun-uses-our-maddie-to-look-good.html/
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 Dec - 10:31

almostgothic wrote:Good article from Anorak, mentioning Lee Rainbow (again) ......

Madeleine McCann: The Sun Uses Our Maddie To Look Good

http://www.anorak.co.uk/304243/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-the-sun-uses-our-maddie-to-look-good.html/

Thanks almostgothic, as you say , a good p*** taking article. I thought the boobs one was funny too so have pasted it in the Daily News
section.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 6 Dec - 10:46

'4 secret visits to Spain and 3 to portugal'......secret as In......Mitchell only just found out about it 3 week after it happened....tut tut...clarrie...your slipping ..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 6 Dec - 10:48

Secret as in......'know one bothered to inform me that they had been and come back without me knowing'...that is Mitchells word for him not being informed.

Pratt.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 6 Dec - 10:55

kitti wrote:Secret as in......'know one bothered to inform me that they had been and come back without me knowing'...that is Mitchells word for him not being informed.

Pratt.

Agree Kitti. It gives me glimmer of hope that the review may not be a whitewash....
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 6 Dec - 12:06

Don't think the article has changed but the headline has "Police re-open probe into Victoria Beckham lookalike 'waiting to receive Maddie after she was snatched and smuggled to Spain'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070550/Madeleine-McCann-Police-open-probe-Victoria-Beckham-lookalike.html

quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 6 Dec - 12:19

Well that's the case solved then, for sure Madeleine was kidnapped, smuggled to Spain and handed over to this woman. All that remains now is to find the woman and Madeleine, who of course is being treated like a princess, and Hans Christian Anderson's fairy stories can be relegated to the lost archives. The Daily Mail can write much better stories!
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 Dec - 12:32

Thanks quicksilver.

The man, who was chaperoning his brother
on a stag party, was too shocked to reply and the woman repeated the
question twice more."

As usual, the Press don"t know what the "truth" is and should all be banned from selling Newspapers. This was the original report.

1. I was 2am and the Man in question having no doubt consumed a lot of alcohol was approached by a Woman
saying "have you got my daughter"and she then walked into a Bar. It was said that "daughter" meant drugs,
not sure if that is true, but it took two years for the guy to approach the Police and the Woman may have said "quarter", which is a drugs expression so judge for yourselves.
2.There was report of a Yacht in the Harbour which left about the same time and it turned out the Yacht was owned by a wealthy Australian woman whose daughter was a friend of Murdoch and involved with one of his
Charities. The Mother and Daughter were on the Yacht at the time it was in the Harbour.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 6 Dec - 13:19

I love this - can see the "Men from the Met" being held up in ridicule for this - that they would investigate this lead of "someone overheard someone".

Next time I see a Policeman in uniform I will have a fit of the giggles.

This can't be correct - do they really want to be made a laughing stock as well as corrupt!!!!!!!!!!!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 6 Dec - 15:32

The Sun`s piece about this is asking people to phone the McCann`s number if they have information ! Surely you don`t give suspects information ! When I posted a comment outlining the awful blunder the Sun had made, the moderaters removed it immediately. fgs they have not been cleared of the crime. Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 371436
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 6 Dec - 15:38

Oldartform wrote:The Sun`s piece about this is asking people to phone the McCann`s number if they have information ! Surely you don`t give suspects information ! When I posted a comment outlining the awful blunder the Sun had made, the moderaters removed it immediately. fgs they have not been cleared of the crime. Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 371436

That is just wrong!! All info should go to the PJ or SY Scotland Yard Officers in Spain - Standard - Page 5 371436
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 6 Dec - 16:05

I love Anorak coverage - ".....the Sun has those caring credentials to burnish. So. It hacks over the old ground that got nowhere."

"Yep. We've been there before, too."

"This is an investigation. A proper one...."
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 6 Dec - 16:42

Just published on Joana's site the reaction of the Portuguese Procuror ( thanks Astro for the translation):

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2011/12/maddie-attorney-generals-office-not.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Maddie: Attorney General's Office not part of new investigations
6 December 2011 | Posted by astro Leave a Comment

by: Paula Oliveira

The English police is investigating the disappearance of Maddie McCann without the assistance of Portuguese authorities. This information has been confirmed to TVI24 by the [Portuguese] Republic's Attorney General.

Three Scotland Yard investigators were in Barcelona between the 23rd and the 25th of November, following leads in the disappearance of the English child that disappeared from an apartment in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, in 2007. The presence of investigators in Spain may indicate that the child was taken across the border. But the Scotland Yard did not contact the Portuguese investigators.

«The Scotland Yard did not have any contact with the Attorney General's Office about that issue. In the process, there is no knowledge of the existence of any new data/facts about Maddie's disappearance. The process will only be reopened under the regulations of article 279 of the Penal Process Code, which is to say, if any new elements appear that invalidate the basis for the archiving», the Attorney General's Office states in a written reply to TVI24.

The case was archived by the Attorney General's Office. Approximately one year ago, Pinto Monteiro [the Attorney General] asserted that he would only reopen it if new data appeared.

In May last year, the Scotland Yard reopened the process after the personal intervention of the United Kingdom's prime minister, David Cameron.

It is not known whether the British investigators have discovered any new fact that the Portuguese police failed to notice.

In August this year, the Scotland Yard confirmed to [Portuguese news] agency Lusa that they traveled to Portugal in order to discuss the Maddie case with Portuguese investigators. At that time, the Judiciary Police (PJ) and the Attorney General said they did not know about that information.

in: TVI24, 06.12.2011
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 6 Dec - 17:42

Incidentally, I'm sure I heard Gerry stating during the Leveson enquiry that Clarence was working for them 'again', implying that they've re-employed him for some reason.

Anyway...it ocurrs to me that the Pink one often releases information to the press to demonstrate that whatever's going on is fine and dandy with the McCanns and, in some instances was even their idea. It may be that more information about the visit by SY to Barcelona is about to be made public, so to mitigate against this reflecting badly on the McC's, he's told the press that the police were in Spain and the McC's knew all about it as a 'nothing to see here, move along please' exercise.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Tue 6 Dec - 18:33

Perhaps those Met boys fancied a couple of long cognac and coffee lunch/siesta's with Amaral!! That would make for a good chat and time well spent!!!??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 6 Dec - 18:40

The McCanns usually have Clarence release 'something' to the press around this time each year. Good idea to keep Madeleine's name out there just before Christmas - the season of giving - keep the donations rolling in folks, Carter-Ruck lawyers don't work for peanuts.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 6 Dec - 19:24

Something very dodgey going on if the MET haven`t even bothered to look at the case files and liaise with the investigators - what a pointless exercise and so obviously a whitewash.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 6 Dec - 20:45

So let's get this straight...The portuguese said that the met didn't go to Portugal to speak to them and have no knowledge off the met going to Spain to speak to the Spanish police and have had NO correspondence with the met regarding the review.

The mail and the sun have said that 30 met officers are going to Portugal to talk to the portuguese and have spent 3 days in.....Barcelona ....not just any old place in Spain but Barcelona where the....'where's me dorta'...posh lookilike just happened to be spotted by a drunk who took 2 years to sober up to remember that Information.....

I know who I'm inclined to believe...

If the met are actually in Barcelona checking up with the Spanish police then....GOD HELP US......we have imbeciles who are being payed vast amounts off money to police the UK......

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 6 Dec - 22:07

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this case stinks to high heaven. I have been looking for the information, where Goncalo Amaral said the McCanns archived the case with the help of the British Government. I can't find that information, the only information I can find is on the home page of the "NHS: The McCanns Abuse of Power. Goncalo Amaral says the McCanns demanded the archiving of the process, in 2008, merely to defend their image.

If Dr Amaral is speaking the truth and I have no reason to believe he isn't, it is absolutely disgraceful, that the McCanns, who had committed offences against their children, were allowed to demand the archiving of the case.

I have only brought up this subject, because I keep reading that the Portuguese Attorney General, shelved the investigation. That may well be true, but if Goncalo Amaral is speaking the truth, the A.G. has done what the McCanns demanded.

Just a thought, if the McCanns played no part in the archiving of the case, they had 30 days to ask for it to be reopened. They let the 30 days pass and they have never sought the reopening of the case since it was archived in 2008. In my opinion. Goncalo Amaral was speaking the truth.

Last edited by kathybelle on Tue 6 Dec - 22:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : An Afterthought)
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 6 Dec - 22:22

There had to have been Political intervention,15 out of 19 'markers' together with all the other evidence would have been fairly compelling if it had been karen matthews,but clearly the mccanns were considered to be far too nice to be put through the grinder.Which inevitably will draw you to the conclusion the same is happening here.

What is compelling is the mccanns being patently unable to prove their innocence.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 7 Dec - 0:09

kitti wrote:'4 secret visits to Spain and 3 to portugal'......secret as In......Mitchell only just found out about it 3 week after it happened....tut tut...clarrie...your slipping ..

where was this quote from? Did he really not know? wow!! :)
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 7 Dec - 0:12

frencheuropean wrote:

In May last year, the Scotland Yard reopened the process after the personal intervention of the United Kingdom's prime minister, David Cameron.

in: TVI24, 06.12.2011

Thanks for posting the article!!
Cameron authorised that when he was slightly popular with the police! Now he's been getting at the pensions and eroding their benefits the 'neutral' police I imagine will want to get one over on him by investigating this properly! Can you imagine the political fall out this will cause when the Mccann's get arrested!
I'll be interested to see what the papers say as well!!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next