Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Tonight!!

+41
princess_leia
Panda
jd16
wjk
Oldartform
tanszi
curious george
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
chrissie
cass
maebee
margaret
matthew
tigger
Bebootje
Karen
steve1295
NoStone
dutchclogs
maive
Angelique
Chris
Wintabells
cherry1
welshy
interested
MaryB
Fern
mossman
ShabbyTiger
Roasted Arizona
almostgothic
ann_chovey
tabs
Maggie
chrissie1
LJC
jay2001
quickfingers
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Panorama Tonight!!

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 10:33

I watched it an hour ago and saw surprisingly little "pro" stance from where it matters: SY.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 10:44

The End Is Nigh wrote:Amaral's Trial has not been cancelled - it has been postponed and is still listed.

Delays and postponements are commonplace.

Maybe they are.....but this time there was a reason and we all saw that last night.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 10:47

I see no cause and effect, merely a slight bit of collateral damage. Possibly.

And any damage that might have been caused should be more than remedied when the issues relevant to the Amaral Trial are aired under oath, not trivialised by poor Journalism.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 26 Apr - 10:49

ok i know that a lot of posters are thinking that it was very pro - yesterday afternoon i felt sick awaiting the programme , thinking we would see me me kate and gerry going on and on about the pj their mistakes and plugging the book .asi have already posted last night i missed murrat - yes there was some pj bashing it was to be expected - what i didnt think would happen is murrat being on - the videos of eddie and keela and the portugal police and the words that they then AND NOW still think that madeleine DIED in the appartment 5a - they showed gerry and kate fleeing portugal when they thought it was too risky for them to be there . what risks ? id walk over hot coals to find my missing daughter - yes there was some big pro points - BUT for the people that do not take a big interest still in the case people will remember the died in the appartment bit im sure . i did feel better after the programme it could have been a lot worse
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 26 Apr - 10:51

wjk wrote:
matthew wrote:
wjk wrote:I'm still feeling really positive after watching it last night. Yes, more could have been said about Kate not answering questions etc but I really thought, after reading all the hype in the day, that Panorama was going to basically clear the McCanns and claim abduction only. I felt it left all options open. I really hope the case is reopened and they drag the lot of them back for the recon now.

Correct,it was never going to flag up every inconsitency & circumstantial evidence against them that could be ammunition for their future defence but i think it has layed the groundwork for a prosecution...they have admitted mistakes were made,they are wiping the slate clean & starting from scratch,giving every possible avenue equal merit,if a reconstruction is asked for...the Mccs & taps could not refuse this time

or they are saying the pj are useless,there was an abduction & we are barking mad

Agree with you matthew Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 944533
We may be optimistic but not barking mad Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 294124

I watched it and agree with you both. It laid out possibilities other than an abduction which may make people not so engrossed in the case think twice. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 944533
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 10:55

Is there another program me being aired next week?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 26 Apr - 10:56

kitti wrote:I don't trust Murat anymore .....why didn't he say he was there because he was fingered by tanner instead off saying bad things about mr amaral.....no I def don't trust him now

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 7 306321 Kitti

I'm with you regarding Robert Murat, I was disgusted with him when he never mentioned being "set up" by that reporter and Jane Tanner. He was supposed to be to be suing Tanner, this is why I'm amazed he never mentioned her.

Robert Murat, could have mentioned how the Tapas 7 were allowed to interrogate him, but he chose not to. Instead he decided to jump on the same bandwagon as the McCanns and the British media and blame the PJ and Goncalo Amaral.

I have always defended Robert Murat, because I thought that he was given a raw deal by the PJ, because of what that reporter said about him. He never said a bad word about the PJ before and I'm wondering why he is saying it now.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 11:00

I know this programme will be repeated at 2am on third may but is there another programme to be aired?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 11:09

kitti wrote:I know this programme will be repeated at 2am on third may but is there another programme to be aired?

No.

That appears to be an understandable misunderstanding by a few of our friends based on the last minute reshuffle of the schedule (which might have been occasioned by the left-field declaration of new Evidence that was made by Bilton at the end of the programme: Rather a last-minute addendum, it seems).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 11:22

I notice it was mentioned that the news off the world and the sun payed the mccanns 1m for the book serial and it was payed into the 'Madeleine campaign'....I was wondering WHAT campaign that may be cos it hell isn't going on searching for her.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 26 Apr - 11:24

kitti wrote:I notice it was mentioned that the news off the world and the sun payed the mccanns 1m for the book serial and it was payed into the 'Madeleine campaign'....I was wondering WHAT campaign that may be cos it hell isn't going on searching for her.

Maybe at least a few people will compare that sum with the much smaller sum Amaral made from his book.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 11:24

It never has, has it?

And key amongst those who have never searched are .................. Healy & McCann.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 11:28

I recon they must off ranked near 2m....1m from news international and the rest from book sales.

Not bad for 9 months work!!!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 11:29

Hi maebee, everyone is entitled to think and believe what they want and I hope those who think some good will come of this Review and the Mccanns
will pay for their deception . I thought there was more than one programme but chris says last nights was instead of Monday and the repeat will be on 3rd.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 11:39

kitti wrote:I recon they must off ranked near 2m....1m from news international and the rest from book sales.

Not bad for 9 months work!!!!

Morning kitti , the News of the World had shut down I think before Kate's book was published and it was reported that the Sun paid £200,000 for the
serialisation rights. It is only the Royalties from the Sale of the book which go into the Fund. we were told that 2.8 million books were sold at varying
prices and the Advance to Kate would have to repay that before any royalties are paid. The accounts will not be sent to Companies House until the
last minute which means Dec/Jan and Income may all be lumped together. Wouldn't you yhink they would be only too pleased to say on their Facebook or findmadeliene site how much was earned from the book and paid into the fund to continue the seaech for Madeleine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  curious george Thu 26 Apr - 11:48

I'm starting to feel less sure about last night's programme. I note Brendan De Beer and Steve Anderson were the producers.

(Not)coincidentally both were also producers of "Madeleleine was Here", and we all know how close that production was to the parents.

curious george
curious george
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 11:51

In which event it is all the more remarkable that the bias was far less than one might have expected - and clearly Redwood wasn't playing their tune anyway.

Good stuff, all things considered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 11:54

News international payed 1m into the fund.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 12:01

kitti wrote:News international payed 1m into the fund.

I didn't know that Kitti, do you know why and when ? I ask because after the first year, apart from the £550, 000 paid by the Daily Express there wasn't much going into the Fund.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 12:04

The documentary stated that news international payed 1m Into the find madeleine fund...I assume it was because off the serialization off the book in the Sunday times And in the sun.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 12:06

20.00 mins in....watch And look at the headline ABOVE it on the TIMES page...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 12:13

kitti wrote:20.00 mins in....watch And look at the headline ABOVE it on the TIMES page...

O.K. thanks.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 12:46

kitti wrote:20.00 mins in....watch And look at the headline ABOVE it on the TIMES page...

Just watched it and yes, you are right it does say NI paid £1million into the Fund........could it have been donations to the News of the World fund
set up soon after Madeleine went missing ? Richard Branson and I think Philip Green only "pledged" their support if information was received leading
to her whereabouts. Nothing was ever received and when the NOTW folded, News Intl paid whatever was in the fund to the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 26 Apr - 12:48

Hi Kitti. Where can I see this ? Have tried youtube this morning and can't get iplayer here.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 26 Apr - 13:56

yes i understood it was for the serialisation of the bewk, so the fund is £1m better off and not a mention, other than all royalties from the bewk will be paid into the fund. Is this £1m royalties??
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next