Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Tonight!!

+41
princess_leia
Panda
jd16
wjk
Oldartform
tanszi
curious george
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
chrissie
cass
maebee
margaret
matthew
tigger
Bebootje
Karen
steve1295
NoStone
dutchclogs
maive
Angelique
Chris
Wintabells
cherry1
welshy
interested
MaryB
Fern
mossman
ShabbyTiger
Roasted Arizona
almostgothic
ann_chovey
tabs
Maggie
chrissie1
LJC
jay2001
quickfingers
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Panorama Tonight!!

Post  matthew Wed 25 Apr - 20:58

NoStone wrote:
cass wrote:regarding the programme i wonder how the mcanns and the tapas crew will be feeling tonight ? i do not think that it all went their way - ok there was some bashing the pj . but saying they belived madeleine died in 5a and eddie and keela mentioned and all the other hurtful stuff . they will still be taking their immodium for sure tonight . some very plus points comming from portugal imo

Cass - the dogs mentioned but then immediatley discredited as they found DNA that was found to be inconclusive. That will stick in people's miinds when we refere to the dogs and the importance of thier evidence - esp detectint the scent of death - but it was whitewhashed over - worse - leaves folks with the wrong impression

A subtle slurr on the dogs that needs to be corrected!

Agree on the dogs,its important to state this is biltons words & not the ones who matter
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 25 Apr - 20:59

matthew wrote:Ahhhh no Clarrie with his ludicrous comments...for the case to be reopened i think there had to be admissions from pj/amaral,the case is looking very likely to be reopened now & this is surely a good start,a lot of talk of new evidence so hopefully between the two countries police,this case can move forward...let the reconstruction begin....

That is why Clarrie was so sad today, he bought a new pink tie in anticipation of making a guest appearance. Oh well.

Very interesting point you make about the admissions, I am now smiling Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 25346
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 25 Apr - 21:00

Looking at the prog again and Murat's performance which was mainly Amaral/PJ bashing - I am inclinded to think he was more involved - more complicit than i had previously thought - its definately changed my view of him.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Apr - 21:02

I've always had mixed feelings about him.

But he still gets the benefit of my doubt - for now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 25 Apr - 21:06

Murat didn't do himself any favours tonight.
And I'm someone who has stuck up for him in the past.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 25 Apr - 21:08

NoStone wrote:Looking at the prog again and Murat's performance which was mainly Amaral/PJ bashing - I am inclinded to think he was more involved - more complicit than i had previously thought - its definately changed my view of him.

I think he supplied the key to the house in the town with the freezer where they stored the body.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 25 Apr - 21:12

Loopdaloop wrote:
NoStone wrote:Looking at the prog again and Murat's performance which was mainly Amaral/PJ bashing - I am inclinded to think he was more involved - more complicit than i had previously thought - its definately changed my view of him.

I think he supplied the key to the house in the town with the freezer where they stored the body.

Yes, I have often wondered did he supply them with a key, on the basis they wanted somewhere for "hanky panky" or some such idea like that.

Was surprised to see him included tonight.

It is like everything on the programme was endorsed by Andy Redwood, therefore was it being re-inforced that Murat was cleared ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 25 Apr - 21:15

i missed the first bit . so didnt see murrat but i stuck up for murrat in the early days - but i now know that to get away with what the mcanns did they have to need outside help
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Wed 25 Apr - 21:19

Have to say I was quite pleasantly surprised at the programme. I don't think it did the McCanns any favours whatsoever.

I do think now that PJ deserve a lot of criticism for their original investigation, and I really wish they had done a better job of it. Ironically, it is because they messed up that the McCanns are still walking free, I bet they, more than anyone else, are relieved that the crime scene was destroyed.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Wed 25 Apr - 21:20

Oh, and on the Murat front.....we can all see what he did with his pay off......he ate it!!
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Wed 25 Apr - 21:22

Loopdaloop wrote:

His mate Malinka's mother was a cleaner in that block of apartments...this is where they got the key from

Murat also called Malinka at the time Maddie disappeared for 30 secs at 10.20pm. Murat said he had not spoken to Malinka for a year
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Wed 25 Apr - 21:25

almostgothic wrote:Murat didn't do himself any favours tonight.
And I'm someone who has stuck up for him in the past.

I'll second that, almostgothic. However I must add that, for all we know, his contribution may have been heavily edited by the Beeb. He may well have spoken of how the Tapas tried to finger him, only for it to end up on the cutting room floor.

As an aside, did I once read that G Amaral had given evidence in Murat's action against Tanner?
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Wed 25 Apr - 21:40

The reactions/comments/behaviors from TM (or should I say the lack of..) are very telling....

It's NOT the party out there.. just my opinion..

Last edited by maive on Wed 25 Apr - 21:45; edited 1 time in total
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 Empty BBC i-player link

Post  Guest Wed 25 Apr - 21:43

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01h9136/Panorama_Madeleine_The_Last_Hope/

This isn't currently available but soon will be, probably after it's been shown in Scotland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 25 Apr - 21:45

Roasted Arizona wrote:Have to say I was quite pleasantly surprised at the programme. I don't think it did the McCanns any favours whatsoever.

I do think now that PJ deserve a lot of criticism for their original investigation, and I really wish they had done a better job of it. Ironically, it is because they messed up that the McCanns are still walking free, I bet they, more than anyone else, are relieved that the crime scene was destroyed.

I think we have to keep in mind that back at that time there was chaos. Chaos caused largely by the McCanns. The press, the confusion, the high level contacts. I would safely say the PJ have never seen the likes of it before. You could not make it up, when you think back to what happened.

So whilst I am certain they made mistakes, every police investigation will have them, I do not think it was the keystone cops effort it is being made out to be.

I do not blame them for one minute for at first assuming the child wandered out of the apartment - any sane, normal person would think that. Who in their right mind would believe they left those children alone. I would say the first guys to arrive thought they were in the middle of some sort of bizzare movie set. Parents wailing like arabs, Payne wandering around like John Wayne, then being told oh the kids were all alone .

The McCanns are walking free because of the help they had. We will never know how competent or otherwise the PJ would have been because they were not allowed to run the investigation as they saw fit in their own country.

The McCanns had no regard whatsoever for the workings of their system. Fair enough if they did not agree with it, but when in Rome. As usual they expected everyone to adapt to their way of thinking and do as they demanded.

I hope and pray Portugal agree to re-open this case, obviously so that what happened to Madeleine can be established but a big part of me also wants it to happen so that all those myths about the Portugese can be dispelled.

I have no doubt, if they are allowed do their job, in their own way, in accordance with their own rules and regulations they will do a very good job.

Kate and Gerry should stay at home in Rothley until such time they learn some respect for the workings of the countries they visit.

It goes back to that very first night. "Nobody was searching". She could see through the window as she lay on her bed working really hard. Well hopefully they are searching now Kate, right behind you.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Apr - 21:48

cass wrote:i missed the first bit . so didnt see murrat but i stuck up for murrat in the early days - but i now know that to get away with what the mcanns did they have to need outside help

Oh, yes - and who could forget this classic!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Wed 25 Apr - 21:54

Roasted Arizona wrote:Oh, and on the Murat front.....we can all see what he did with his pay off......he ate it!!

Naughty naughty RA :) but I also noticed that he has put on a lot of weight since we last saw him.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 25 Apr - 21:56

maebee wrote:
Roasted Arizona wrote:Oh, and on the Murat front.....we can all see what he did with his pay off......he ate it!!

Naughty naughty RA :) but I also noticed that he has put on a lot of weight since we last saw him.

He should start jogging, he knows some people who can give him a good route around PDL. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 294124
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Wed 25 Apr - 22:02

maebee wrote:

I was quite surprised to see him actually.
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 25 Apr - 22:15

I liked that Sandra Figueras had something to say, thought the Portugese were maligned too much which won't go down well and the Reporter too
biased towards the Mccanns. Apart from that there wasn't a lot going on. Maybe next week's episode will be more revealing.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 25 Apr - 22:18

I thought it was etremely biaised against Portugal, the people of Portugal and the Portuguese police. And I also thought the implication was that no other theory would be looked at except abduction. Perhaps I got it wrong but that was how it seemed to me. I wonder what this new evidence is.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Apr - 22:30

Panda wrote:

I liked that Sandra Figueras had something to say, thought the Portugese were maligned too much which won't go down well and the Reporter too
biased towards the Mccanns. Apart from that there wasn't a lot going on. Maybe next week's episode will be more revealing.

You mentioned further episodes earlier, too.

I thought tonight's effort was it? ie Next week's programme brought forward.

What am I missing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 25 Apr - 22:33

i saw at the end where it said next week , will it be all about the mcanns and how its been for them not having madeleine . oh gosh hope its not gonna be a me me thing
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 25 Apr - 22:36

cass wrote:i saw at the end where it said next week , will it be all about the mcanns and how its been for them not having madeleine . oh gosh hope its not gonna be a me me thing
Really> I missed that! So there is a part 2?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 25 Apr - 22:42

wjk wrote:
cass wrote:i saw at the end where it said next week , will it be all about the mcanns and how its been for them not having madeleine . oh gosh hope its not gonna be a me me thing
Really> I missed that! So there is a part 2?
there might not be if tonights show didnt meet the mcanns aproval Panorama Tonight!! - Page 4 25346
jokes aside i think there is more
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next