Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Tonight!!

+41
princess_leia
Panda
jd16
wjk
Oldartform
tanszi
curious george
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
chrissie
cass
maebee
margaret
matthew
tigger
Bebootje
Karen
steve1295
NoStone
dutchclogs
maive
Angelique
Chris
Wintabells
cherry1
welshy
interested
MaryB
Fern
mossman
ShabbyTiger
Roasted Arizona
almostgothic
ann_chovey
tabs
Maggie
chrissie1
LJC
jay2001
quickfingers
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Panorama Tonight!!

Post  Oldartform Thu 26 Apr - 13:59

kitti wrote:The documentary stated that news international payed 1m Into the find madeleine fund...I assume it was because off the serialization off the book in the Sunday times And in the sun.

Someone called David Martin said this on the Radio Times comments a few nights ago (which have subsequently been whooshed). He also raised the query that it did not show on the company accounts.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 14:11

fedrules wrote:Hi Kitti. Where can I see this ? Have tried youtube this morning and can't get iplayer here.

Hi Fedrules, there is a copy on her, I think it might be JFAK, or yesterday on this thread
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 14:13

tanszi wrote:yes i understood it was for the serialisation of the bewk, so the fund is £1m better off and not a mention, other than all royalties from the bewk will be paid into the fund. Is this £1m royalties??

Hi tanzi, no mention of the £220,000 paid to them by the NOTW for printing extracts from Kate's Diary.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 26 Apr - 14:16

Panda wrote:
fedrules wrote:Hi Kitti. Where can I see this ? Have tried youtube this morning and can't get iplayer here.

Hi Fedrules, there is a copy on her, I think it might be JFAK, or yesterday on this thread

Its here
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t19882-video-panorama-madeleine-the-last-hope-april-25-2012
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 26 Apr - 14:19

Having just watched this 'mocumentary' there was only ever one objective...... to discredit the PJ at every opportunity

The dogs. They quickly dismissed them with a couple of shots of barking with the voice-over 'and there was a suggestion of Maddies DNA in the apartment', Eddie and Keelie immediately dismissed, job done quick move on......Stop, rewind....rewind to the truth. There were 2 dogs both trained in detecting cavader and blood and each have a 100% success rate on over 200 cases, each of these dogs are paid £550 per days plus expenses. In apt 5a these dogs found cavader and blood...no not DNA (gerry had to go back the UK to get this), cavader and blood...in 2 places both behind the sofa and in the cupboard. The dogs then found cavader and blood in their car, identifying this in an underground car park which had over 10 different cars but the only one they found cavader and blood was the mccanns. The dogs also detected cavader on kates clothes, the car keys, cuddle cat...the cuddle cat you have all seen kate clutching which she then 'washed' rather than give to the PJ for forensics! kate says she was wearing the same clothes on holiday as she was at work which came into contact with 6 corpses, she even took cuddle cat to work with her and this is how they have cavader! This quick dismissive of the dogs is in the exact same vain as kate herself when she said 'the dogs were just having a quick sniff about'. Cavader and blood has never been found anywhere else except for items belonging only to the mccanns

Murat, wheeled in to add to the discredit of the PJ. Robert, have you conveniently forgotten it was jane tanner who sat inside a smoked out police car outside your house who identified you as her abductor man? Have you forgotten it was one member from each pair of the T9 who identified you as being there on the night of May 3rd (a week later)? Have you forgotten it was lori campbell, friend of clarence eden mitchell, who publicly stated on TV and went to the PJ claiming it was you that was the abductor? I don't think at all it was the PJ trying to pin the abduction on you in order to just get a result do you? But then, we all know after your 'meeting' with brian kennedy back in Nov 2007 when suddenly all stories changed and you got your pay off the following months later. of course you have done a deal so are happy to be wheeled out to help the mcscam team discredit the PJ

As in all documentaries, they edit them to what the aim of it is. In this case, they are only looking for anything to discredit the PJ. GA admitting the PJ made mistakes, this will be one line of a 10/15 min interview which he said the truth but being fair and balanced he said he admitted the PJ made mistakes, this is the only line this documentary was interested in, they got what they were looking for. It like a typical we told you first 'The Sun' headline' where they have a quote and twist into a story that stretches the truth of what the quote was really meaning

After watching this 'mocumentary' I have lost all respect for Panorama and can never take any of their programmes seriously again. I know the facts from this case and if this is what they are documenting it only says that Panorama is not the impartial fair programme it has always claimed to be. I know from my own eyes now. The programme failed to mention the fact that apt 5A was crowded with people all over it contaminating it before the PJ even got there, or that kate herself did not talk to the police that night, nor answered any of the 48 questions asked of her, the shutters were never up but down, the distance to the Tapas bar is not like being in your back garden (we've seen the actual view), no mention of the bizarre arab like chanting the mccanns did when the police first got there. the programme also failed to mention any of the hundreds of inconsistencies of the T9 police statements on 2 separate occasions, the forged creche sheets, the Smith sighting, British Ambassador. From day 1 the mccanns always set out to discredit the PJ as they were a threat in discovering the real truth and now this so called documentary is following the exact same lines from every angle it could do
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 14:20

For those unable to watch live or on BBC IPlayer

Panorama - Madeleine: The Last Hope April 25 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwx3zDb7u3U

20 mins in Feds.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 14:21

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Its here
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t19882-video-panorama-madeleine-the-last-hope-april-25-2012

Ye that's the one.....20 mins in and look at the headline on the times lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 14:28

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Its here

Thanks wjk, Iv'e just emailed Panorama rectifying a couple of anomalies in Richard Bilton's Report and suggesting he studies the Files released by the Pj or mccaanfiles for future reference. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Thu 26 Apr - 16:41

Hello everyone, been a long time since I posted here. Tried a few times to login but I forgot my password, for some reason I remembered it today.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I watched it last night and I felt quite sick with the way they were portraying the PJ, I felt it was biased until my daughter spoke with me today and asked if I'd watched it. I told her I had and I was disgusted by it, she said she had watched it with her boyfriend, they both felt it portrayed the McCanns in a bad light and it was the first her boyfriend had heard about the dogs and their findings. So maybe I got it wrong, it will certainly make some people think about it at least.

I do read here every day and I applaud every one of you who are sticking with this case which can be extremely frustrating at times. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 307691
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 16:44

Welcome back!

And what you Posted is very heartening - we all know about the pros and the antis, the fence-sitters and the trolls, but public opinion from those who haven't got stuck in is very important.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 19:40

3.44 in......is that John gerrahty?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Thu 26 Apr - 22:51

kitti wrote:Also funny that mr amarals libel trial was cancelled and here we have the programme which for 30 minutes was to discount mr Amaral, put him down, accuse him off being money grabbing, even a suspect was accusing him, sandra even Insinuated that he changed peoples minds with his book......no this programme was specifically to try to sway the outcome off the libel trial which has nothing to do with his theory anyway as his book ban has been lifted......it's to do with spite and the mccanns are spiteful people.

That really did not happen!
Goncalo would have never appeared in the programme if it was about that,
A common interview technique is to put the opposition argument towards someone so that they can place their counter argument.

Goncalo for the first time was given the time to say WHY he wrote the book.
Not only 'the' book, but the 'best selling book' and they showed a picture of it with the title! It was a book plug!
The BBC are scared of carter ruck as is every other media outlook, they can't just jump into it...
however they never promoted anything that Kate or Gerry said as fact either. They stated The Mccann's perspectives as opinions all the way through.

I still think it was a good balanced show preparing the ground work for the next step of increasing the pressure.

If it was meant as a 'pro' sychophantic piece then Redwood would have given us some information. He gave us nothing. Anyone could have given us that interview, which shows that they are still holding up their end of the deal of silence! There is no Mccann gloating in the episode nor afterwards!
This will encourage people to question the narrative.

and to JD16 they didn't discredit the dogs! The british public all trust dogs too! They showed them and presented the evidence on tv! it was a good thing! they even mentioned they signalled in the car!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 27 Apr - 6:30

princess_leia wrote:Hello everyone, been a long time since I posted here. Tried a few times to login but I forgot my password, for some reason I remembered it today.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I watched it last night and I felt quite sick with the way they were portraying the PJ, I felt it was biased until my daughter spoke with me today and asked if I'd watched it. I told her I had and I was disgusted by it, she said she had watched it with her boyfriend, they both felt it portrayed the McCanns in a bad light and it was the first her boyfriend had heard about the dogs and their findings. So maybe I got it wrong, it will certainly make some people think about it at least.

I do read here every day and I applaud every one of you who are sticking with this case which can be extremely frustrating at times. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 307691

Hi princess-leia and welcome back, I think people
view things with different 'sets of eyes'. We, who
are keenly aware of the Pj files and the case in
general, tend to watch with a more critical eye, but
its refreshing to hear that others outside the scope
of the case can pick-up on things from a different
perspective and quickly make their own judgement. Panorama Tonight!! - Page 8 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 27 Apr - 17:24

Thanks Kitti. Definitely interesting the way the camera focuses on the word 'rich' when first discussing K's decision to write a book. Another sublimal message is when camera lingers on the flower bed as Bilton ponders what exactly might have happened in the flat...or at least that's my interpretation..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8