Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland and the inquest

+18
Angelina
cherry1
Krisy22
interested
malena stool
Judge Dread
chrissie
jinvta
wjk
tanszi
Lioned
frencheuropean
almostgothic
Chris
mara thon
comperedna
jeanmonroe
weissnicht
22 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Mar - 13:41

Can anyone remember that man who sold his motorbike to go to Portugal to investigate the McCann case, who died soon after he returned to the UK?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  Guest Fri 20 Mar - 13:44

AnnaEsse wrote:Can anyone remember that man who sold his motorbike to go to Portugal to investigate the McCann case, who died soon after he returned to the UK?

bit random, miss anna. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Mar - 13:45

fred wrote:
wjk wrote:
chrissie wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Vicount Ian Kerr CGC ‏@IanKerr 5m5 minutes ago

At Leicester Coroners Court Police spokesperson has stated that #BrendaLeyland sent NO criminal tweets.

Wow!  Thanks almostgothic

Thank you ag!
I'm so pleased to read that. Its what most of us thought.

It is a shame that she is still being called troll though by the various media outlets though.  Still can't see that changing anytime soon

because there's no reason why it should. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 20 Mar - 13:55

AnnaEsse wrote:Can anyone remember that man who sold his motorbike to go to Portugal to investigate the McCann case, who died soon after he returned to the UK?
Yes, wasn't there two of them?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Mar - 13:57

wjk wrote:

Yes, I believe you're right.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 20 Mar - 14:00

AnnaEsse wrote:
wjk wrote:

I found this, Anna, if its any help?

http://truthformadeleine.com/2010/10/colin-sahlkes-suspicious-death/
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Mar - 14:05

wjk wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
wjk wrote:

I found this, Anna, if its any help?

http://truthformadeleine.com/2010/10/colin-sahlkes-suspicious-death/

Thanks wjk. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 20 Mar - 14:09

Having just read the link provided by "wjk", something else that makes me hmmmmm. Thanks also to "AnnaEsse" for mentioning it.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Mar - 14:33

interested wrote:Having just read the link provided by "wjk", something else that makes me hmmmmm.  Thanks also to "AnnaEsse" for mentioning it.

Makes me do that too, interested. The man's family had no idea how the morphine got into his system.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 20 Mar - 14:44

AnnaEsse wrote:
interested wrote:Having just read the link provided by "wjk", something else that makes me hmmmmm.  Thanks also to "AnnaEsse" for mentioning it.

Makes me do that too, interested. The man's family had no idea how the morphine got into his system.

Indeed!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 20 Mar - 14:52

http://news.sky.com/story/1449183/alleged-mccann-trolls-death-was-suicide

Alleged McCann Troll's Death Was Suicide

By Ashish Joshi, Sky News Correspondent

A Leicester coroner has concluded a woman found dead days after she featured in a Sky News report into online trolling took her own life.

Brenda Leyland was found dead in a Leicester hotel room in October 2014.

An inquest into her death at Leicester's Coroners Court heard witness testimony from a toxicologist, two police officers, Mrs Leyland's former psychiatrist and two Sky News employees.

A written statement from Mrs Leyland's youngest son, Benjamin, was read to the court.

He said: "I have no doubt in my mind that the panic and fear that I heard in her voice after the Sky News interview was the final straw that pushed my mum to do what she did.

"She was broken, destroyed. "

Mr Leyland, who lives in America, described his mother as a woman who "felt it hard to connect with people".

He wrote: "She struggled with depression. She had undergone psychiatric treatment and medicated for anxiety. The court was also told that there had been a previous suicide attempt."

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt who challenged Brenda Leyland about her alleged online trolling in a report for the channel, said he had talked to Mrs Leyland on the telephone after the report was televised.

He said: "I asked her how she was and she said 'Oh, I had thought about ending it all but I'm feeling better, I've had a drink I've spoken to my son who has told me I've been a silly, stupid woman."

Mr Brunt was asked by Coroner Catherine Mason if he thought it was a throwaway line.

He replied: "Yes".

Detective Sergeant Steven Hutchings told the court that Mrs Leyland had posted more than 2,000 tweets under the name Sweepyface.

Of these, 424 mentioned Gerry and Kate McCann. The couple's three-year-old daughter Madeleine was taken from the family's Portugal holiday apartment in 2007.

In recording a verdict of suicide, the coroner said: "I'm satisfied although Mrs Leyland had a mental health history, that others would not necessarily have known that she was suffering from mental health (problems).

"She had mentioned wanting to take her own life but then dismissed it. I don't think it could have been known to anybody that there was a definite intention for her to take her own life."

A Sky News statement issued after the coroner's verdict said the broadcaster was confident that no editorial guidelines were breached.

"The team at Sky News followed its editorial guidelines and pursued a story in a responsible manner that we believed was firmly in the public interest," the statement said.

"Brenda Leyland's tragic death highlights the unforeseeable human impact that the stories we pursue can have, and Sky News would like to extend its sincere condolences to her family."

Bit late for that now, RIP Brenda.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 20 Mar - 15:00

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Brenda-Leyland-inquest-McCann-Twitter-troll/story-26205016-detail/story.html#ixzz3UwBiUwC4

Brenda Leyland inquest: 'McCann Twitter troll' told Sky News presenter she'd thought of 'ending it '

The Sky News presenter who confronted 'Twitter troll' Brenda Leyland has spoken at her inquest of his "devastation" after finding out she had taken her own life days after she had told him she had thought about "ending it all".

Martin Brunt has spoken at the full inquest into Ms Leyland's death, which has been taking place today at the Town Hall, in Leicester.

Ms Leyland took was found dead in a Leicester hotel room on October 4.

Her death came after Mr Brunt had confronted her about abusive tweets she had sent to the Gerry and Kate McCann, following the disappearance of their daughter, Madeline.

Mr Brunt confronted Ms Leyland on September 29.

He told the inquest how he and a cameraman waited outside her home in Burton Overy for three hours, waiting for Ms Leyland to appear.

When Ms Leyland came out of her house, he approached her, along with the cameraman and asked her: "Why are you using your Twitter account to attack the McCanns?"

He told how she initially turned away and then turned back and said: "I'm entitled to".

The following day, on October 1, Mr Brunt called Ms Leyland to tell her the footage would be broadcast.

During the phone call, Ms Leyland said to Mr Brunt: "I have been thinking about ending it all but I'm feeling better now."

Mr Brunt told the inquest how he thought this was just a "throwaway comment".

Coroner Catherine Mason today recorded a verdict of suicide.

Ms Leyland died from a helium overdose.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Fri 20 Mar - 15:36

chrissie wrote:http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Brenda-Leyland-inquest-McCann-Twitter-troll/story-26205016-detail/story.html#ixzz3UwBiUwC4

Brenda Leyland inquest: 'McCann Twitter troll' told Sky News presenter she'd thought of 'ending it '

The Sky News presenter who confronted 'Twitter troll' Brenda Leyland has spoken at her inquest of his "devastation" after finding out she had taken her own life days after she had told him she had thought about "ending it all".

Martin Brunt has spoken at the full inquest into Ms Leyland's death, which has been taking place today at the Town Hall, in Leicester.

Ms Leyland took was found dead in a Leicester hotel room on October 4.

Her death came after Mr Brunt had confronted her about abusive tweets she had sent to the Gerry and Kate McCann, following the disappearance of their daughter, Madeline.

Mr Brunt confronted Ms Leyland on September 29.

He told the inquest how he and a cameraman waited outside her home in Burton Overy for three hours, waiting for Ms Leyland to appear.

When Ms Leyland came out of her house, he approached her, along with the cameraman and asked her: "Why are you using your Twitter account to attack the McCanns?"

He told how she initially turned away and then turned back and said: "I'm entitled to".

The following day, on October 1, Mr Brunt called Ms Leyland to tell her the footage would be broadcast.

During the phone call, Ms Leyland said to Mr Brunt: "I have been thinking about ending it all but I'm feeling better now."

Mr Brunt told the inquest how he thought this was just a "throwaway comment".

Coroner Catherine Mason today recorded a verdict of suicide.

Ms Leyland died from a helium overdose.

In my opinion, "I have been thinking about ending it all” should never be construed as a throwaway comment. It should ring worrying alarm bells.

Shame on Martin Brunt for not hearing them...
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 20 Mar - 16:43

Jerry Lawton
‏@JerryLawton
Police: Mrs Leyland's tweets were not criminal but some messages she was sent by trolls after her TV exposure still under investigation

4:24 PM - 20 Mar 2015

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 307691
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 20 Mar - 17:03

chrissie wrote:Jerry Lawton
‏@JerryLawton
Police: Mrs Leyland's tweets were not criminal but some messages she was sent by trolls after her TV exposure still under investigation

Oh thats great news, because some of those Tweets really were disgusting!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Mar - 17:17

wjk wrote:
‏@JerryLawton

Oh thats great news, because some of those Tweets really were disgusting!

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 Sweepythreats212
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Mar - 17:18

‏@JerryLawton

I am so glad to see that. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 307691
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 20 Mar - 17:34

Brenda's call for help, "I have been thinking about ending it all." was dismissed just as Madeleine's question, "Where were you when I was crying last night?" was dismissed by her mother.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 20 Mar - 17:52

Blacksmith's post "It's what they do" is available at www.blacksmithbureau.blogspot.com
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 20 Mar - 18:19

Pat Brown's latest, "The Brenda Leyland Inquest and the Suicide Ruling" is available at www.patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 20 Mar - 19:47

chrissie wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1449183/alleged-mccann-trolls-death-was-suicide

Alleged McCann Troll's Death Was Suicide

By Ashish Joshi, Sky News Correspondent

A Leicester coroner has concluded a woman found dead days after she featured in a Sky News report into online trolling took her own life.

Brenda Leyland was found dead in a Leicester hotel room in October 2014.

An inquest into her death at Leicester's Coroners Court heard witness testimony from a toxicologist, two police officers, Mrs Leyland's former psychiatrist and two Sky News employees.

A written statement from Mrs Leyland's youngest son, Benjamin, was read to the court.

He said: "I have no doubt in my mind that the panic and fear that I heard in her voice after the Sky News interview was the final straw that pushed my mum to do what she did.

"She was broken, destroyed. "

Mr Leyland, who lives in America, described his mother as a woman who "felt it hard to connect with people".

He wrote: "She struggled with depression. She had undergone psychiatric treatment and medicated for anxiety. The court was also told that there had been a previous suicide attempt."

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt who challenged Brenda Leyland about her alleged online trolling in a report for the channel, said he had talked to Mrs Leyland on the telephone after the report was televised.

He said: "I asked her how she was and she said 'Oh, I had thought about ending it all but I'm feeling better, I've had a drink I've spoken to my son who has told me I've been a silly, stupid woman."

Mr Brunt was asked by Coroner Catherine Mason if he thought it was a throwaway line.

He replied: "Yes".

Detective Sergeant Steven Hutchings told the court that Mrs Leyland had posted more than 2,000 tweets under the name Sweepyface.

Of these, 424 mentioned Gerry and Kate McCann. The couple's three-year-old daughter Madeleine was taken from the family's Portugal holiday apartment in 2007.

In recording a verdict of suicide, the coroner said: "I'm satisfied although Mrs Leyland had a mental health history, that others would not necessarily have known that she was suffering from mental health (problems).

"She had mentioned wanting to take her own life but then dismissed it. I don't think it could have been known to anybody that there was a definite intention for her to take her own life."

A Sky News statement issued after the coroner's verdict said the broadcaster was confident that no editorial guidelines were breached.

"The team at Sky News followed its editorial guidelines and pursued a story in a responsible manner that we believed was firmly in the public interest," the statement said.

"Brenda Leyland's tragic death highlights the unforeseeable human impact that the stories we pursue can have, and Sky News would like to extend its sincere condolences to her family."

Bit late for that now, RIP Brenda.

I see being pushed for space Sky didn't have room to include the police conclusion that none of the tweets constituted a criminal act despite Brunt suggesting otherwise when he doorstepped BL.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 20 Mar - 20:09

interested wrote:
fred wrote:
interested wrote:
Marky wrote:and i won't get an answer. so, no surprises there. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346

It's really all a matter of opinion.  I respect yours.

Why?  It's usually a non answer full of sarcasm or critisism, never a valid point Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346

"fred" - I was being generous to snarky "Marky".

I know that. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346 My reply was directed at Sarky Marky not you. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346 Why be generous though? Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Mar - 20:20

fred wrote:
interested wrote:
fred wrote:
interested wrote:
Marky wrote:and i won't get an answer. so, no surprises there. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346

It's really all a matter of opinion.  I respect yours.

Why?  It's usually a non answer full of sarcasm or critisism, never a valid point Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346

"fred" - I was being generous to snarky "Marky".

I know that. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346   My reply was directed at Sarky Marky not you.   Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346  Why be generous though? Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346

he's being ironic. google it. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346

Last edited by Marky on Sat 21 Mar - 11:04; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Mar - 21:00

Chris wrote:I see being pushed for space Sky didn't have room to include the police conclusion that none of the tweets constituted a criminal act despite Brunt suggesting otherwise when he doorstepped BL.

they did as it happens but at the time martin brunt didn't suggest anything of the sort. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 5 25346

Last edited by Marky on Sat 21 Mar - 11:05; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 20 Mar - 22:05

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong, but my recollection is that Martin Brunt did tell Brenda Leyland that she was being investigated by the police. The inference from that would be that what she did was illegal when in fact what she did was not.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next