Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland and the inquest

+18
Angelina
cherry1
Krisy22
interested
malena stool
Judge Dread
chrissie
jinvta
wjk
tanszi
Lioned
frencheuropean
almostgothic
Chris
mara thon
comperedna
jeanmonroe
weissnicht
22 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  chrissie Tue 24 Mar - 11:04

Sorry Marky but referring to Brenda as 'the fallen one' is so disrespectful.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  Guest Tue 24 Mar - 11:13

chrissie wrote:Sorry Marky but referring to Brenda as 'the fallen one' is so disrespectful.

i'm being ironic. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Tue 24 Mar - 11:49

Marky wrote:
chrissie wrote:Sorry Marky but referring to Brenda as 'the fallen one' is so disrespectful.

No you're not... You're being your usual obnoxious self opinionated self...
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Mar - 12:01

Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:

well, i'm certainly not expecting the likes of you to understand much less realise it's aimed at the likes of you.

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 24 Mar - 18:11

I object to the callous reference to Brenda Leyland as "the fallen one" - what a cruel disregard for this sensitive woman.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Mar - 18:13

Others have already tried in vain to get through to Marky about that, Interested.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Mar - 18:35

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Others have already tried in vain to get through to Marky about that, Interested.

as i said, i was being ironic and i'm surprised that you of all people have not got it. try rereading poor old upset interested's post again and that's a clue.

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 24 Mar - 19:46

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 541656
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Tue 24 Mar - 20:22

Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:

well, i'm certainly not expecting the likes of you to understand much less realise it's aimed at the likes of you.

Oh, I understand it alright…

Even though Brenda Leyland was found guilty of nothing but expressing an opinion, you still think it’s okay for the Media to continue labelling her a Troll and, in turn, okay for you to make a shameful and unnecessary remark about her.

Regardless of your opinion of Brenda Leyland, demeaning her in such a way is not being ironic, nor is it clever or funny, it’s simply despicable and nasty.

And so, in my opinion, are you…
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 25 Mar - 4:00

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 25346 From the Urban Dictionary:

troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

trolling: Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Neither of these definitions fit Brenda at all. I can think of others who fit this description much better than her.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Mar - 6:07

Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:

Oh, I understand it alright…

i doubt it. you'd be the last one i'd expect to get it and i'm still waiting on the first. in the meantime, carry on being outraged.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Mar - 9:23

jinvta wrote:Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 25346 From the Urban Dictionary:

troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

trolling: Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Neither of these definitions fit Brenda at all. I can think of others who fit this description much better than her.

I thought that you'd made up the trolling one yourself as it's so appropriate but it is in the urban dictionary!

TOP DEFINITION
trolling
Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."
Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 25 Mar - 10:07

Thanks for that jinvta and NBY Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 25346
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Mar - 10:33

ah, some of you do make me laugh. your definitions does seem to depend on whatever is convenient. anyways, i told you last year how this inquest would turn out and that some of you wouldn't like it. that much is evident from some of the reactions, which have been nothing more than childish tantrums. time to start accepting reality and move on. this episode is over. have a nice day.

ps. don't bother with anymore cheap shots. you won't get a response.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Wed 25 Mar - 12:12

Marky wrote:ah, some of you do make me laugh. your definitions does seem to depend on whatever is convenient. anyways, i told you last year how this inquest would turn out and that some of you wouldn't like it. that much is evident from some of the reactions, which have been nothing more than childish tantrums. time to start accepting reality and move on. this episode is over. have a nice day.

If the cap fits, Marky... And, in my opinion, methinks it fits you very well... Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 25346

Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Mar - 13:00

[quote="Marky"

don't bother with anymore cheap shots. you won't get a response. [/quote]

Thank goodness for that.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 25 Mar - 13:10

Not Born Yesterday wrote:[quote="Marky"

don't bother with anymore cheap shots. you won't get a response.

Thank goodness for that.

[/quote]

YES!! (It's 9:00 AM here - good to be getting up to great news.)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Wed 25 Mar - 13:20

Marky wrote:ah, some of you do make me laugh. your definitions does seem to depend on whatever is convenient. anyways, i told you last year how this inquest would turn out and that some of you wouldn't like it. that much is evident from some of the reactions, which have been nothing more than childish tantrums. time to start accepting reality and move on. this episode is over. have a nice day.

It certainly is - time to move on
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Thu 26 Mar - 0:00

Hi everyone - I haven't been around for a while, but have followed the news on the inquest. I didn't feel that Brenda was served well by anyone, not even her family really. Very sad. And Brunt seemed to walk away Scott free - even admitting that Brenda had mentioned suicide - which he had considered to be a throw-away remark. He should be prosecuted for total lack of care towards a vulnerable and innocent woman.

Sort of related, but does anyone have any news about Sonia Poulton's documentary? She said she would be releasing it after the inquest - does anyone know if there is a release date out yet?
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Mar - 8:53

I don't have any information about Sonia's documentary but there's a new one from Richard D Hall on 3rd April.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Thu 26 Mar - 14:39

Thank you Not Born Yesterday. I'll still be interested in what Sonia comes up with and hope she hasn't been silenced, so hope we'll find out soon! Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 8 15327
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Tue 31 Mar - 13:01

I'm sorry that I don't post often, so am rather an outsider here, but I am concerned about a FB group which was ostensibly set up in memory of Brenda Leyland and purported to be supportive of her and her family - https://www.facebook.com/groups/523769381091778/?fref=ts

However, since the inquest, which they regard as a put up job and the whole thing a conspiracy, they appear now to be turning against Brenda and, in particular, her family - and in particular Ben. They say that any normal family/son would be shouting the injustice from the rooftops and, because he isn't, then clearly he cannot be who he says he is. They also say that the law firm he purports to work for doesn't exist in Los Angelese - which is true - strangely.

They have a theory, which appears to be popular, that Brenda never existed - the role played by Brenda when confronted by Martin Brunt, was played by Glenda Jackson (for those outside the UK you may not know that Glenda Jackson, a former actress, is a member of parliament in the UK). They are absolutely determined that the whole thing was a McCann conspiracy, to generate support for the grieving parents, and are working to the ends of proving this. Sadly, in the process, they are slagging off Brenda and her family.

I was a member there but have been banned for trying to correct some of their totally inaccurate statements - things which can be proved. It is not a democratic debate going on there - they don't want to hear from anyone who does not go along with their outrageous theories.

I just wondered if anyone here is also a member there and whether they are, consequently, able to inject some sanity into the so-called debate?

I'm sorry, again, but that website has upset me greatly.
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Mar - 13:16

I think that I joined the group when it first started, I'll have a look at it.

It really does seem a conspiracy theory too far to suggest that Brenda didn't exist but it's not the first time I've heard that mentioned.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 31 Mar - 13:20

winjoy wrote:I'm sorry that I don't post often, so am rather an outsider here, but I am concerned about a FB group which was ostensibly set up in memory of Brenda Leyland and purported to be supportive of her and her family - https://www.facebook.com/groups/523769381091778/?fref=ts

However, since the inquest, which they regard as a put up job and the whole thing a conspiracy, they appear now to be turning against Brenda and, in particular, her family - and in particular Ben. They say that any normal family/son would be shouting the injustice from the rooftops and, because he isn't, then clearly he cannot be who he says he is.  They also say that the law firm he purports to work for doesn't exist in Los Angelese - which is true - strangely.

They have a theory, which appears to be popular, that Brenda never existed - the role played by Brenda when confronted by Martin Brunt, was played by Glenda Jackson (for those outside the UK you may not know that Glenda Jackson, a former actress, is a member of parliament in the UK).  They are absolutely determined that the whole thing was a McCann conspiracy, to generate support for the grieving parents, and are working to the ends of proving this.  Sadly, in the process, they are slagging off Brenda and her family.

I was a member there but have been banned for trying to correct some of their totally inaccurate statements - things which can be proved. It is not a democratic debate going on there - they don't want to hear from anyone who does not go along with their outrageous theories.

I just wondered if anyone here is also a member there and whether they are, consequently, able to inject some sanity into the so-called debate?

I'm sorry, again, but that website has upset me greatly.

You are a member her, winjoy... not an outsider and fully entitled to hold and voice an opinion.

Brenda leyland never existed???
They must be 'odd' to say the least... I would think you've done well to be banned from that group.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Mar - 13:46

I've looked up 192.com and Brenda is registered at the same address - with her son Ben - since at least 2003. No, even I can't believe that she was created in advance ready to be wheeled out in 2014!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next