Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland and the inquest

+18
Angelina
cherry1
Krisy22
interested
malena stool
Judge Dread
chrissie
jinvta
wjk
tanszi
Lioned
frencheuropean
almostgothic
Chris
mara thon
comperedna
jeanmonroe
weissnicht
22 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  tanszi Mon 23 Feb - 19:44

i feel quite sure if any were libellous they would have been confirmed as being so.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  interested Sun 1 Mar - 3:03

There has been "chatter" on Twitter tonight regarding the circumstances of Brenda Leyland's death due to an article in the Daily Star. I have attempted to find the article online without success. As I understand it, no other papers are reporting the disturbing details mentioned in the Star. The details mentioned are truly disturbing in view of the fact that Brenda tweeted that questions should be asked if she suddenly disappeared under mysterious circumstances. (paraphrasing here).

Wondering if anyone has actually seen the article or is this a sick hoax. I thought the Coroner would be the one to release the details of Brenda's death at the appropriate time.

Rest in peace Brenda.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Mar - 7:23

interested wrote:There has been "chatter" on Twitter tonight regarding the circumstances of Brenda Leyland's death due to an article in the Daily Star.  I have attempted to find the article online without success.  As I understand it, no other papers are reporting  the disturbing details mentioned in the Star.  The details mentioned are truly disturbing in view of the fact that Brenda tweeted that questions should be asked if she suddenly disappeared under mysterious circumstances. (paraphrasing here).

Wondering if anyone has actually seen the article or is this a sick hoax.  I thought the Coroner would be the one to release the details of Brenda's death at the appropriate time.

Rest in peace Brenda.

don't distress yourself. it's a four paragraph report not attributed to any specific reporter, claiming death by helium overdose, although i suspect they've confused this with nitrous oxide better known as laughing gas, and attribute this to leicester coroner's court having recorded the nature of the case accordingly. probably not true but then who knows. no doubt it's set a lot of imaginations on fire and theories are probably running wild. as for the 'questions should be asked etc', i wouldn't pay that too much mind. it's been looking for some time that brenda leyland was 'disturbed' in some way so the remark would be in keeping with a troubled mind.

alternately, maybe she just decided to lay low someplace different and wait for the story to die, taking a couple party favours with her to pass the time and accidentally overdosed. yes, maybe she was a recreational drug user. wouldn't be unheard of would it?

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 25346

Last edited by Marky on Sun 1 Mar - 11:04; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Mar - 8:36

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t193p225-brenda-leyland-has-died-sweepyface-rip-brenda

The article mentioning a helium overdose is on this link. For some reason it can't be copied but the link is accessible to non-members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 1 Mar - 14:06

Sadly... I read yesterday in another place, that helium plus a kit involving a plastic hood is recommended as a swift and painless suicide device. The kit was said to be available online. I hope this is wrong, but it was definitely helium mentioned. The article in The Daily Star is appalling... and so is the whole situation over Brenda Leyland's death.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 1 Mar - 17:10

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t193p225-brenda-leyland-has-died-sweepyface-rip-brenda

The article mentioning a helium overdose is on this link. For some reason it can't be copied but the link is accessible to non-members.  

Thanks to "Not Born Yesterday" for the link to the article. I find the title of the article (Knockout) deplorable.

Rest in peace Brenda.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 1 Mar - 17:16

The place where I read about the Daily Star article and saw an online copy of it, now says it is possible that the article was a hoax, as it cannot now be found online, and no other paper has printed the same facts. If it is a hoax it is a particularly sick one.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 1 Mar - 18:25

I agree comperedna.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Mar - 19:35

ah, makes me chuckle so many of you just won't accept the obvious. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Mar - 19:46

I'm not sure what is the obvious thing we haven't yet accepted?

As for the helium story, I think that was an unsavoury hoax.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 1 Mar - 20:09

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I'm not sure what is the obvious thing we haven't yet accepted?

As for the helium story, I think that was an unsavoury hoax.

That makes two of us - I'm missing the "obvious thing" too.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 1 Mar - 21:32

I think the 'obvious' is that Brenda was not mentally well and meant to go to the hotel to commit suicide.

The doorstepping by brunt may just have been the final push She needed.

However,things aren't always what they seem.

The 'helium suicide plot' requires some planning and equiptment which would have been found in the hotel room.Infact it would have been obvious if She had killed herself in that way.As would any other evidence of suicide by other means.

That helium article looks like a hoax to me.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Mar - 11:07

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11042p50-helium-overdose#303616

For some reason I can't copy the actual newspaper screenshot but it does look as if the article was published on 28th February.

It is certainly a possibility that Sky's actions were the final straw that tipped Brenda over the edge.

I hope that the inquest does answer all the questions there are surrounding this case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Mar - 11:26

Lioned wrote:I think the 'obvious' is that Brenda was not mentally well and meant to go to the hotel to commit suicide.

The doorstepping by brunt may just have been the final push She needed.

However,things aren't always what they seem.

The 'helium suicide plot' requires some planning and equiptment which would have been found in the hotel room.Infact it would have been obvious if She had killed herself in that way.As would any other evidence of suicide by other means.

That helium article looks like a hoax to me.

that's my thinking on the matter. the exposure may well have been the trigger but if it was i don't accept that any blame can or should be attached to the media. some of the wording used to describe the event are at odds with the way it played out.

not sure if the report is a hoax because, as with things like this, the big question is 'why?'  

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 2 Mar - 17:55

Hopefully the Coroner is made aware of the Daily Star article and demands the "source" be revealed.

Rest in peace Brenda.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Mon 2 Mar - 18:21

interested wrote:Hopefully the Coroner is made aware of the Daily Star article and demands the "source" be revealed.

Rest in peace Brenda.

Do you think she is going to be very bothered? - its not as if the information, true or false, is going to affect the outcome.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 2 Mar - 19:16

almostgothic wrote:It may well be that the coroner already knows the name of the source and indeed the identities of others involved in the compilation and dissemination of the dossier if the investigating authorities have done their work.

But she may wish to hear it straight from the horse's mouth for the official record.
If the reply is silence, it will speak volumes to her and the wider public about the integrity of Brunt and the news outlet he works for.

To hell with the protection of sources in this instance.
A woman is dead.
And her family needs to know why.

I agree with "almostgothic" - the Coroner "may wish to hear it straight from the horse's mouth" regarding the dossier AND the Daily Star article (be it accurate or hoax).

Rest in peace Brenda.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Mar - 19:46

jassi wrote:
interested wrote:Hopefully the Coroner is made aware of the Daily Star article and demands the "source" be revealed.

Rest in peace Brenda.

Do you think she is going to be very bothered? - its not as if the information, true or false, is going to affect the outcome.

quite. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 2 Mar - 19:51

I tend to agree with the thought that the Coroner might be interested in the so called "hoax" article.

. I don't agree that because Brenda might have had mental health problems that she was suicidal. not everyone who is unwell is suicidal. However, I don't dismiss the idea that the appalling Sky running banner and whatever it was said indoors by Brunt added to her distress and anguish. that is not to say I consider it drove her to suicide.

Ill wait for the Coroners Verdict and see what if anything happens then.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 2 Mar - 20:55

I've always believed that the purpose of the inquest was to investigate the circumstances of the death and the Coroner has the authority to conduct interviews and secure the scene. I remain hopeful that all the facts will be forthcoming in a report which will cover the intrusion into Brenda's life prior to her death and recommendations to the press on how to prevent further tragedies.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Mar - 21:52

interested wrote:...which will cover the intrusion into Brenda's life prior to her death and recommendations to the press on how to prevent further tragedies.

dream on. Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 3 Mar - 11:53

It might well cover the role of the press in the case, but I don't think any recommendations will be forthcoming. That is not the role of a coroner.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Mar - 13:43

jassi wrote:It might well cover the role of the press in the case, but I don't think any recommendations will be forthcoming. That is not the role of a coroner.

mr interested made his mind up as to what happened, how it happened, the effect it had and who's to blame, right from the get go and has been looking for something, anything, to support his conclusions ever since. he won't be happy until laws are passed or rewritten to his satisfaction, the UK media, whom he detests, is all shut down, sky shut down, martin brunt shot at dawn and october 4 declared a public holiday in remembrance.

apologies if i forgot anything.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 3 Mar - 14:35

In Ontario (Canada) the motto of the Coroner is "We speak for the Dead to Protect the Living" and is permitted to make recommendations that attempt to prevent similar deaths in the future.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Mar - 15:02

interested wrote:In Ontario (Canada) the motto of the Coroner is "We speak for the Dead to Protect the Living" and is permitted to make recommendations that attempt to prevent similar deaths in the future.

the likely cause of death in this case is suicide. i wonder what recommendations would apply? Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 3 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next