Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland and the inquest

+18
Angelina
cherry1
Krisy22
interested
malena stool
Judge Dread
chrissie
jinvta
wjk
tanszi
Lioned
frencheuropean
almostgothic
Chris
mara thon
comperedna
jeanmonroe
weissnicht
22 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  winjoy Thu 26 Mar - 14:39

Thank you Not Born Yesterday. I'll still be interested in what Sonia comes up with and hope she hasn't been silenced, so hope we'll find out soon! Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 15327
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland and the inquest

Post  winjoy Tue 31 Mar - 13:01

I'm sorry that I don't post often, so am rather an outsider here, but I am concerned about a FB group which was ostensibly set up in memory of Brenda Leyland and purported to be supportive of her and her family - https://www.facebook.com/groups/523769381091778/?fref=ts

However, since the inquest, which they regard as a put up job and the whole thing a conspiracy, they appear now to be turning against Brenda and, in particular, her family - and in particular Ben. They say that any normal family/son would be shouting the injustice from the rooftops and, because he isn't, then clearly he cannot be who he says he is. They also say that the law firm he purports to work for doesn't exist in Los Angelese - which is true - strangely.

They have a theory, which appears to be popular, that Brenda never existed - the role played by Brenda when confronted by Martin Brunt, was played by Glenda Jackson (for those outside the UK you may not know that Glenda Jackson, a former actress, is a member of parliament in the UK). They are absolutely determined that the whole thing was a McCann conspiracy, to generate support for the grieving parents, and are working to the ends of proving this. Sadly, in the process, they are slagging off Brenda and her family.

I was a member there but have been banned for trying to correct some of their totally inaccurate statements - things which can be proved. It is not a democratic debate going on there - they don't want to hear from anyone who does not go along with their outrageous theories.

I just wondered if anyone here is also a member there and whether they are, consequently, able to inject some sanity into the so-called debate?

I'm sorry, again, but that website has upset me greatly.
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :
Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Mar - 13:16

I think that I joined the group when it first started, I'll have a look at it.

It really does seem a conspiracy theory too far to suggest that Brenda didn't exist but it's not the first time I've heard that mentioned.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 31 Mar - 13:20

winjoy wrote:I'm sorry that I don't post often, so am rather an outsider here, but I am concerned about a FB group which was ostensibly set up in memory of Brenda Leyland and purported to be supportive of her and her family - https://www.facebook.com/groups/523769381091778/?fref=ts

However, since the inquest, which they regard as a put up job and the whole thing a conspiracy, they appear now to be turning against Brenda and, in particular, her family - and in particular Ben. They say that any normal family/son would be shouting the injustice from the rooftops and, because he isn't, then clearly he cannot be who he says he is.  They also say that the law firm he purports to work for doesn't exist in Los Angelese - which is true - strangely.

They have a theory, which appears to be popular, that Brenda never existed - the role played by Brenda when confronted by Martin Brunt, was played by Glenda Jackson (for those outside the UK you may not know that Glenda Jackson, a former actress, is a member of parliament in the UK).  They are absolutely determined that the whole thing was a McCann conspiracy, to generate support for the grieving parents, and are working to the ends of proving this.  Sadly, in the process, they are slagging off Brenda and her family.

I was a member there but have been banned for trying to correct some of their totally inaccurate statements - things which can be proved. It is not a democratic debate going on there - they don't want to hear from anyone who does not go along with their outrageous theories.

I just wondered if anyone here is also a member there and whether they are, consequently, able to inject some sanity into the so-called debate?

You are a member her, winjoy... not an outsider and fully entitled to hold and voice an opinion.

Brenda leyland never existed???
They must be 'odd' to say the least... I would think you've done well to be banned from that group.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Mar - 13:46

I've looked up 192.com and Brenda is registered at the same address - with her son Ben - since at least 2003. No, even I can't believe that she was created in advance ready to be wheeled out in 2014!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 31 Mar - 13:58

An awful lot of strange people on Twitter & Facebook - better to steer clear of them altogether.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 31 Mar - 14:12

jassi wrote:An awful lot of strange people on Twitter & Facebook - better to steer clear of them altogether.

Good advice "jassi"!! But "Brenda never existed"?? What a heartless conspiracy theory and insult to her memory.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Mar - 15:22

winjoy wrote:I'm sorry that I don't post often, so am rather an outsider here, but I am concerned about a FB group which was ostensibly set up in memory of Brenda Leyland and purported to be supportive of her and her family - https://www.facebook.com/groups/523769381091778/?fref=ts

However, since the inquest, which they regard as a put up job and the whole thing a conspiracy, they appear now to be turning against Brenda and, in particular, her family - and in particular Ben. They say that any normal family/son would be shouting the injustice from the rooftops and, because he isn't, then clearly he cannot be who he says he is.  They also say that the law firm he purports to work for doesn't exist in Los Angelese - which is true - strangely.

They have a theory, which appears to be popular, that Brenda never existed - the role played by Brenda when confronted by Martin Brunt, was played by Glenda Jackson (for those outside the UK you may not know that Glenda Jackson, a former actress, is a member of parliament in the UK).  They are absolutely determined that the whole thing was a McCann conspiracy, to generate support for the grieving parents, and are working to the ends of proving this.  Sadly, in the process, they are slagging off Brenda and her family.

well now, don't that just sound like a buncha people who didn't like the way the inquest turned out.

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 608891
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Tue 31 Mar - 16:40

Some wise words, thank you! It just upsets me that a group set up in honour of Brenda has turned so against her and her son in particular - poor man. It's horrible! I've no choice as to whether I stay away unfortunately! But in a free world I would expect free speech - which, at the end of the day, is exactly what Brenda was standing up for. The minute I didn't agree with them - that was it - I was out! They hadn't even heard of Hacked Off! Honestly! And they have convinced themselves that they will 'crack it'! Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 23324
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Mar - 20:14

winjoy wrote:Some wise words, thank you!  It just upsets me that a group set up in honour of Brenda has turned so against her and her son in particular - poor man.  It's horrible!  I've no choice as to whether I stay away unfortunately!  But in a free world I would expect free speech - which, at the end of the day, is exactly what Brenda was standing up for.  The minute I didn't agree with them - that was it - I was out!  They hadn't even heard of Hacked Off!  Honestly!  And they have convinced themselves that they will 'crack it'! Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 23324

usual bunch of nutters. you're best off out of it.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 31 Mar - 23:09

Marky wrote:

well now, don't that just sound like a buncha people who didn't like the way the inquest turned out.

or maybe a bunch of people who care about truth and justice!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Tue 31 Mar - 23:59

You surprise me cherry1 - I never had you down as a conspiracy theorist ;-)
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 1 Apr - 0:04

I haven't read the comments on Facebook yet as I'm waiting to be accepted as a member but I certainly will find it hard to take anyone seriously who claims that Brenda didn't really exist.

Some people would say that those who don't believe the McCanns or the official claptrap of 9/11 are conspiracy theorists so I have no problem with that term by itself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 1 Apr - 0:24

winjoy wrote:You surprise me cherry1 - I never had you down as a conspiracy theorist ;-)

Im not referring to the facebook group winjoy, haven't had a chance to go on and read that yet, but from comments you have said about them certainly don't agree with that at all.

I have an open mind on the result of the inquest, bearing in mind that Brenda said if anything happened to her don't accept the first result and the view of those who attended seemed to be that certain things didn't seem to add up. I am also concerned about the coroner's remark about nobody could have foreseen what would happen, I believe that to be untrue as Brenda did mention to Brunt she had thought of suicide and he said he dismissed this as a throwaway remark. Brunt is not a stupid man, nobody would dismiss that imo as a throwaway remark, that should have alerted him to the possibility that she could have been in emotional distress and he should have halted the story going out. So my views about a conspiracy relate to that, nothing to do with the facebook page group.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 1 Apr - 6:33

cherry1 wrote:
Marky wrote:

or maybe a bunch of people who care about truth and justice!

another gunshot wound to the foot huh cherry.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 1 Apr - 6:51

winjoy wrote:You surprise me cherry1 - I never had you down as a conspiracy theorist ;-)

oh, she's a conspiracy theorist all right.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Wed 1 Apr - 8:15

cherry1 wrote:

Im not referring to the facebook group winjoy, haven't had a chance to go on and read that yet, but from comments you have said about them certainly don't agree with that at all.

I have an open mind on the result of the inquest, bearing in mind that Brenda said if anything  happened to her don't accept the first result and the view of those who attended seemed to be that certain things didn't seem to add up. I am also concerned about the coroner's remark about nobody could have foreseen what would happen, I believe that to be untrue as Brenda did mention to Brunt she had thought of suicide and he said he dismissed this as a throwaway remark. Brunt is not a stupid man, nobody would dismiss that imo as a throwaway remark, that should have alerted him to the possibility that she could have been in emotional distress and he should have halted the story going out. So my views about a conspiracy relate to that, nothing to do with the facebook page group.  

I agree completely Cherry1. Brunt would surely have realized there was danger here...especially Brenda mentioning the suicide. He is a seasoned reporter after all... Alarm bells should have rang. I am surprised nothing much is mentioned about Brenda's statement ... if anything happened to her don't accept the first result. Why would she say that.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Wed 1 Apr - 13:06

Thank you cherry1 - I completely see where you are coming from now Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 25346 And I agree with your comments - Martin Brunt most certainly should not have dismissed Brenda's remarks as being 'throw away' and he totally failed in his duty of care to a member of the public. I also wish that the family's statement for the inquest had been more supportive - it left openings for being accused of lack of support. My distress from the website I mentioned was because that group have turned against Ben and the idea that Brenda did not exist is abhorrent to me.
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 1 Apr - 17:23

Hi winjoy, I think I caused the confusion, my comment about a bunch of people seeking truth and justice was in reply to comments made by marky - regarding the general subject of the Inquest, in relation to many people feeling concerned over the inquest, my comments were not about the facebook group. I thought marky's comment was directed in general at people who had concerns but I see now he was directing his comment about the facebook group. It is a closed group and not a member but I would not agree with some of the points they have suggested from what you have said.

I know what Glenda Jackson looks like and in no way was the lady on the tv Glenda Jackson so to me that idea if they have said that on the group I cannot see where they are coming from as that is not so. As regards to the family I would think her family have no real idea possibly of the extent of this case and what really has gone on. I don't know if they were aware of the threats made to Brenda or not. Also if they did know the extent of what went on then they would get the idea there are some unbalanced, powerful dangerous people involved in this case so that could possibly be a reason for not pursuing matters. However how does anyone know exactly what the family are or are not doing? So in relation to Brenda not existing I cannot understand that point and would not agree with it at all, as to the firm of her son not existing I have no idea about that point Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 303636
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Wed 1 Apr - 18:39

The odd thing about Ben's law firm is - it certainly exists - but not located in Los Angelese where Ben apparently lives and where Brenda was trying to do a house swap so she could be near him. I thought at first that that group was wrong - and it was yet another conspiracy - but on that point I have to concede that they are right. It has fired them on all fronts - i.e. they must be right on everything else as well!

Yes, not only does Glenda Jackson not look anything like Brenda Leyland - she is also considerably older too! I think she's an MP still, so probably got better things to do than pretend to be a McCann troll!
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 1 Apr - 18:46

and if it had been Glenda Jackson someone would have said what is Glenda Jackson doing pretending to be someone called Brenda Leyland
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 1 Apr - 18:46

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 1 Apr - 18:49

Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 424625 I cant see any likeness even Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 36898
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 1 Apr - 18:51

I hope there's no more pictures like that, they've put me off my dinner Brenda Leyland and the inquest - Page 9 477442
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 1 Apr - 18:53

Sorry about that!

I can't help laughing though at the thought of Jade's mother trying to speak like Brenda.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next