Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 9 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Dec - 10:48

ali1966 wrote:It has just been reported on sky news by our intrepid crime correspondant Martin Brunt that Joe Yeates Landlord saw he leave her flat at 9pm on the night she dissapeared with two people. Its breakng news just on now.

Thank you.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Wed 29 Dec - 10:56

ali1966 wrote:It has just been reported on sky news by our intrepid crime correspondant Martin Brunt that Joe Yeates Landlord saw he leave her flat at 9pm on the night she dissapeared with two people. Its breakng news just on now.

Thanks. Just wonder how she left her coat, keys and cell phone behind. It's strange behaviour.

Last edited by FSoares on Wed 29 Dec - 10:59; edited 1 time in total
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Wed 29 Dec - 10:58

This is a curious update - wonder wether the landlord is involved. Smells a bit of the Soham murderer Ian Huntley now...
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 10:58

FSoares wrote:

Thanks. Just wonder how she left her coat, keys and cell phone behind. It's strange behaviour.

perhaps she didn't need them. jo yeates - Page 9 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Dec - 11:02

Roasted Arizona wrote:This is a curious update - wonder wether the landlord is involved. Smells a bit of the Soham murderer Ian Huntley now...

That thought occurred to me too.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Wed 29 Dec - 11:02

Marky wrote:
FSoares wrote:

What about the keys to open the door when she was back home?
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 11:05

FSoares wrote:
Marky wrote:
FSoares wrote:

we all have more than one key to the house. jo yeates - Page 9 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Dec - 11:09

FSoares wrote:
Marky wrote:
FSoares wrote:

Maybe she didn't need them because she left the flat to talk to someone in the same building? Maybe she managed to lock herself out somehow and met someone in the building? Maybe she just left the flat to say goodbye to someone? Maybe the landlord has been questioned and has something to hide and has just come up with this story about her leaving with two people? All ponderings, of course! But why would she leave with two others and not take her keys with her?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 11:11

AnnaEsse wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Marky wrote:
FSoares wrote:

Maybe she didn't need them because she left the flat to talk to someone in the same building? Maybe she managed to lock herself out somehow and met someone in the building? Maybe she just left the flat to say goodbye to someone? Maybe the landlord has been questioned and has something to hide and has just come up with this story about her leaving with two people? All ponderings, of course! But why would she leave with two others and not take her keys with her?

maybe one of the 'two others' had a key. jo yeates - Page 9 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Dec - 11:12

Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Marky wrote:
FSoares wrote:

Interesting!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 11:16

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Marky wrote:

Interesting!

or maybe it's the landlord spinning a yarn for reasons unknown at present. jo yeates - Page 9 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  blackrose Wed 29 Dec - 11:28

pennylane wrote:Due to all the CCTV footage in this case, and no doubt mobile phone information.... I am inclined to believe the police already know who the perpetrator is. The police often treat their main suspect as a 'witness' right up until they have gathered enough evidence and incriminating statements to make an arrest. If they didn't, the perpetrator would clam up and get lawyered up too early on, and valuable 'on the record' incriminating lies would be lost, weakening chances of a conviction. Prosecuting a person known by, or close to the victim has the added difficulty of that person's DNA being innocently present in many areas - which a defence lawyer can use deftly to the advantage of the perpetrator.

It was reported that the McCanns wished to be made, and remain Arguido's, due to the fact that this was the safest situation for them to be in with so much to hide!

I would agree, pennylane. I think the killer feels confident they can fly under the forensic radar, so to speak. The pizza being disposed of because the presence of their prints or dna on the pizza would be diffcult to explain away.
blackrose
blackrose
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 206
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Wed 29 Dec - 11:35

The point is, when someone leaves home with someone who doesn't live in the same house, that someone is not going to leave the keys behind. Even if one of the others had a key, we can deduce she didn't know it(?). There's also the fact it was very cold and it sounds strange she was not wearing a coat. We can also question if she and her boyfriend have changed the locks when they rented the flat - I think it's rented because there's a landlord, but correct me if I'm wrong. I presume everybody changes locks when they rent flats/houses, etc. It would be extremely dangerous to keep the same lock knowing someone else could have a key copy. I don't want to speculate about this sighting for now, but I think it's weird just saying it now, unless he has already told that to Police before and just now Press knows about that detail.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Dec - 11:39

FSoares wrote:The point is, when someone leaves home with someone who doesn't live in the same house, that someone is not going to leave the keys behind. Even if one of the others had a key, we can deduce she didn't know it(?). There's also the fact it was very cold and it sounds strange she was not wearing a coat. We can also question if she and her boyfriend have changed the locks when they rented the flat - I think it's rented because there's a landlord, but correct me if I'm wrong. I presume everybody changes locks when they rent flats/houses, etc. It would be extremely dangerous to keep the same lock knowing someone else could have a key copy. I don't want to speculate about this sighting for now, but I think it's weird just saying it now, unless he has already told that to Police before and just now Press knows about that detail.

I don't think it's very common for someone to change locks on a rented flat, especially if the landlord lives on the premises. I guess someone may do that with the landlord's permission, giving him a spare key since he would want to have access at some point.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 29 Dec - 11:44

Having read all the posts after returning here I am just wondering if it is possible that a drug may have been used. I was thinking this could have happened in the public house with her colleagues, but since the cider has been introduced I don't know now. But it could explain what "loopadoop" mentioned earlier:

"In the video of her scanning the pizza she sure took a while...."

It could be if she was drugged there would be no scratch marks as mentioned by "pennylane" :

"I can't imagine a person being strangled without scratching wildly at the hands around her throat. I would think the killer would have some scratches or marks on their person during the immediate aftermath."

If it was in the cider perhaps she could have been taken out of the building but not be aware enough that she had left her keys etc behind. I know about date rape drugs but maybe there is another which is slow acting but it would explain this. But as far as the reason for abduction I don't know now what to think.

Angelique

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 29 Dec - 11:51

Maybe she was attending a party in the same building?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Wed 29 Dec - 11:55

AnnaEsse wrote:
FSoares wrote:The point is, when someone leaves home with someone who doesn't live in the same house, that someone is not going to leave the keys behind. Even if one of the others had a key, we can deduce she didn't know it(?). There's also the fact it was very cold and it sounds strange she was not wearing a coat. We can also question if she and her boyfriend have changed the locks when they rented the flat - I think it's rented because there's a landlord, but correct me if I'm wrong. I presume everybody changes locks when they rent flats/houses, etc. It would be extremely dangerous to keep the same lock knowing someone else could have a key copy. I don't want to speculate about this sighting for now, but I think it's weird just saying it now, unless he has already told that to Police before and just now Press knows about that detail.

I don't think it's very common for someone to change locks on a rented flat, especially if the landlord lives on the premises. I guess someone may do that with the landlord's permission, giving him a spare key since he would want to have access at some point.

Ah ok! Here in this country the first thing you do is changing locks, because it is presumed the Landlord doesn't have the right to enter the house, because from the moment you rent it, it's your home (unless someone has some type of deal with landlords). There's also the fact someone that has lived on that same flat before can still have a copy of the key. Landlord just receives the rent and that's it. What I mean is, we don't need to ask authorization to change locks. When you leave a rented house, then you give your keys to landlord.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 11:57

maybe she did know it. didn't the police decline to say if she was wearing a coat? as for the landlord having a key? i'm not sure on that as i'm not sure on his rights of entry once the place has been rented. yes, i think the press may have just learnt this story.

jo yeates - Page 9 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 11:59

wjk wrote:Maybe she was attending a party in the same building?

That's what I thought, don't you take a bottle of something with you when you go to a party? And maybe something for eating, like a big pizza?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Dec - 12:02

FSoares wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Ah ok! Here in this country the first thing you do is changing locks, because it is presumed the Landlord doesn't have the right to enter the house, because from the moment you rent it, it's your home (unless someone has some type of deal with landlords). There's also the fact someone that has lived on that same flat before can still have a copy of the key. Landlord just receives the rent and that's it. What I mean is, we don't need to ask authorization to change locks. When you leave a rented house, then you give your keys to landlord.

In the UK, unless the landlord has reason to believe there is an emergency, he does not have the right to enter the rented accommodation without giving notice. The landlord may wish to send a plumber in, for example, or install new equipment and he would send a written notice with a date and time.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 12:04

Angelique wrote:Having read all the posts after returning here I am just wondering if it is possible that a drug may have been used. I was thinking this could have happened in the public house with her colleagues, but since the cider has been introduced I don't know now. But it could explain what "loopadoop" mentioned earlier:

"In the video of her scanning the pizza she sure took a while...."

It could be if she was drugged there would be no scratch marks as mentioned by "pennylane" :

"I can't imagine a person being strangled without scratching wildly at the hands around her throat. I would think the killer would have some scratches or marks on their person during the immediate aftermath."

If it was in the cider perhaps she could have been taken out of the building but not be aware enough that she had left her keys etc behind. I know about date rape drugs but maybe there is another which is slow acting but it would explain this. But as far as the reason for abduction I don't know now what to think.

Angelique

yes that's a possibilty.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urban75.com%2FDrugs%2Frohypnol.html&ei=5iIbTf-cI4rRhAfvnYm3Dg&usg=AFQjCNGjaVWHbwrKkcOr8Jx0DvbS4_E8ug

jo yeates - Page 9 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 12:05

AnnaEsse wrote:
FSoares wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

In the UK, unless the landlord has reason to believe there is an emergency, he does not have the right to enter the rented accommodation without giving notice. The landlord may wish to send a plumber in, for example, or install new equipment and he would send a written notice with a date and time.

okey doke. reasonable to consider that he had no key. jo yeates - Page 9 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Dec - 12:10

Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
FSoares wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

okey doke. reasonable to consider that he had no key. jo yeates - Page 9 25346

I think he would have had a key for emergency access. Also, the flat would have been, probably, on a 'Shorthold Tenancy,' agreement, which would usually stipulate not making any alterations to the premises, without permission. That would include changing locks. Landlords usually hold keys so that, for example, if someone were to fall ill, medical personnel could gain access.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Dec - 12:13

wjk wrote:Maybe she was attending a party in the same building?

or just around the corner? jo yeates - Page 9 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 29 Dec - 12:13

I have just seen the landlord on Sky news. He said that he had told the police that he 'vaguely' remembered Jo leaving the flat with two people..... but he has reiterated to the Sky journalist it was a very 'vague' possibility, and he said he made that clear to the police. jo yeates - Page 9 303636

Also showed the police removing a side door to the premises, which is believed to contain important clues/evidence.

Last edited by pennylane on Wed 29 Dec - 12:20; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next