Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 20 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 10:15

The Famous Grouse wrote:
carmen wrote:
Marky wrote:
carmen wrote:
Marky wrote:Asked if there could have been a sexual motive for the attack, Mr Cullen replied: “Not where a woman was concerned, no.”

nice friend. jo yeates - Page 20 25346

Agree Marky - may say more about Mr Cullen than Mr Jeffreys, though jo yeates - Page 20 192282

maybe. could also be a somewhat misguided attempt to help. jo yeates - Page 20 25346

Well, as my gran used to say "the least said the better"

Now you see, I didn't read Mr Cullen's remark as anything like that at all. You have to remember that Mr Jeffries is from an older generation, where it was 'wrong' or 'perverted' or 'sick', to be a 'shirt-lifter' or any of the other delightful phrases that abounded in that era. In fact as Mr Jeffries approached his teens and early twenties, homosexual relationships were still illegal in this country and people got jailed!

Presumably his friends are of the same generation and they just don't like to talk about it. I think it is just Mr Cullen's roundabout way of saying, "Yes. He's gay. He's not interested in women."

oh i agree that's exactly what he meant. i just wondered what jeffries would think about being outed by his friend if indeed he is of that persuasion. or what he thinks if he's not.

jo yeates - Page 20 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 10:17

As for motive, I think that many crimes like this result from a brief and catastrophic loss of self control and do not necceasarily have a motive as such. Many murdrerers don't actually understand themselves why they have done what they have done..

It could be that this man, who has never married and worked at an all boys school, does not like women or fears them in some way..I know the school is now Co-ed, but this is relatively a recent change I believe. Perhaps the change is why he decided to take early retirement ?
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 20 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 10:23

He might not be that bothered about being "outed" if he dyes his hair blue and wears flambouyant clothing. Mind you, Liberace did sue the Daily Mirror in 1956 on the basis of the following.

"He is the summit of sex - the pinnacle of masculine, feminine, and neuter. Everything that he, she and it can ever want.

I spoke to sad but kindly men on this newspaper who have met every celebrity coming from America for the past 30 years. They say that this deadly, winking, sniggering, snuggling, chromium-plated, scent-impregnated, luminous, quivering, giggling, fruit-flavored, mincing, ice-covered heap of mother love has had the biggest reception and impact on London since Charlie Chaplin arrived at the same station, Waterloo, on September 12,1921.

He reeks with emetic language that can only make grown men long for a quiet corner, an aspidistra, a handkerchief, and the old heave-ho. Without doubt, he is the biggest sentimental vomit of all time. Slobbering over his mother, winking at his brother, and counting the cash at every second, this superb piece of calculating candy-floss has an answer for every situation."

And the basis of Liberace's complaint? The columnist called him "fruit-flavored"!!! (I am assuming that he was OK with the other stuff.)

It was after winning his case that Liberace coined the now famous phrase "I cried all the way to the bank!" He got £10,000 plus costs - an enormous sum in 1956 - and AFAIK never had to pay it back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 10:30

This Mr Cullen is also quoted in the Telegraph saying that he doesn't believe for a minute that 'Chris' did this..He describes him as 'nice', if a little vocal and rather eccentric...He also doubts that Jeffries is strong enough to have committed such a crime.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
jo yeates - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 20 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 31 Dec - 10:39

fedrules wrote:As for motive, I think that many crimes like this result from a brief and catastrophic loss of self control and do not necceasarily have a motive as such. Many murdrerers don't actually understand themselves why they have done what they have done..

It could be that this man, who has never married and worked at an all boys school, does not like women or fears them in some way..I know the school is now Co-ed, but this is relatively a recent change I believe. Perhaps the change is why he decided to take early retirement ?

Clifton went co-ed in 1987 - about 15 years before he took early retirement (after careful research on Wiki!!).
In an interview with the current head it was suggested he took early retirement after appointment of a new head of English. Maybe he didn't get on with the new appointee or simply felt he should have got the job.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 10:44

fedrules wrote:This Mr Cullen is also quoted in the Telegraph saying that he doesn't believe for a minute that 'Chris' did this..He describes him as 'nice', if a little vocal and rather eccentric...He also doubts that Jeffries is strong enough to have committed such a crime.

Women can lift cars - when their child is trapped underneath
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Fri 31 Dec - 10:46

fedrules wrote:As for motive, I think that many crimes like this result from a brief and catastrophic loss of self control and do not necceasarily have a motive as such. Many murdrerers don't actually understand themselves why they have done what they have done..

The headmaster said in an interview that Mr. Jeffries, who was head of English, decided to take early retirement when a new head of English was appointed.

To another poster...the police extension atm is 12 hours not 24 which can be extended to 4 days by a magistrate.

whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 10:48

Well I've just read something really sinister in the Daily Mail..the police are looking into a cold case dating from 1974. Glenis Curruthers, a trainee PE teacher's body was discovered strangled on grass in the road just behind Joanna Yeate's flat. The police are comparing DNA samples found on Jo's body with those from the 1974 case..
Looks like those speculating about whether this could be a one-off crime might be correct..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 31 Dec - 10:48

We don't know what's going on at that Police station, but if they had rather substantial evidence against him, he'd already been charged by now(?). It seems to me what they have maybe is just circumstancial evidence and they are trying to run against the clock for obvious reasons. For instance, DNA results take a lot of time to get, so either a confession was not extracted or there's more to it, IMHO.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 10:51

carmen wrote:
fedrules wrote:This Mr Cullen is also quoted in the Telegraph saying that he doesn't believe for a minute that 'Chris' did this..He describes him as 'nice', if a little vocal and rather eccentric...He also doubts that Jeffries is strong enough to have committed such a crime.

'
Yes I don't buy it either and he might have used a ligature...To be honest, I now think it's very probable that Chris Jefferies has killed before..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Fri 31 Dec - 10:51

carmen wrote:

Very true carmen but I think we may all get a surprise in a few days time as in these cases we don't know all the facts.

At least with the McCanns we heard all the conflicting stories straight from the horse's mouth...lol... jo yeates - Page 20 294124
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 10:53

Well, we may not know what is happening at the police station, but the unsolved murder by strangulation of a 20 year-old girl just streets away in 1974 is extremely alarming
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 10:54

Chris wrote:

Clifton went co-ed in 1987 - about 15 years before he took early retirement (after careful research on Wiki!!).
In an interview with the current head it was suggested he took early retirement after appointment of a new head of English. Maybe he didn't get on with the new appointee or simply felt he should have got the job.

Jefferies took early retirement in 2001 and went to work in the English department at the University of the West of England in Bristol.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342794/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Flat-landlord-Chris-Jefferies-searched-bags-evidence-removed.html#ixzz19gWwU8rJ

was this university job full or part time? he'd come into quite a bit of money so perhaps he didn't need to work full time hence early retirement rather than resignation.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 31 Dec - 10:57

Marky wrote:
Chris wrote:

Jefferies took early retirement in 2001 and went to work in the English department at the University of the West of England in Bristol.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342794/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Flat-landlord-Chris-Jefferies-searched-bags-evidence-removed.html#ixzz19gWwU8rJ

was this university job full or part time? he'd come into quite a bit of money so perhaps he didn't need to work full time hence early retirement rather than resignation.

One report said the lecturing post was part-time.

Last edited by Chris on Fri 31 Dec - 10:57; edited 1 time in total
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 10:57

fedrules wrote:Well, we may not know what is happening at the police station, but the unsolved murder by strangulation of a 20 year-old girl just streets away in 1974 is extremely alarming

Bristol is a really rough place, I worked there once. There was this dual carriageway right round the town centre, and you had to get there by an underpass. Well the underpass was so dangerous that nobody ever used it, they preferred to take their chances crossing between cars at 70mph on the ring road!

On the upside, we used to go outside at lunchtime and watch Only Fools and Horses getting filmed. jo yeates - Page 20 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 10:58

Well-done Marky. I googled it, but couldn't find anything about it on their website.I had a friend at uni whose brothers went to the school. I bet they were there when Jefferies was teaching...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 31 Dec - 11:00

The Famous Grouse wrote:
fedrules wrote:Well, we may not know what is happening at the police station, but the unsolved murder by strangulation of a 20 year-old girl just streets away in 1974 is extremely alarming

Bristol is a really rough place, I worked there once. There was this dual carriageway right round the town centre, and you had to get there by an underpass. Well the underpass was so dangerous that nobody ever used it, they preferred to take their chances crossing between cars at 70mph on the ring road!

On the upside, we used to go outside at lunchtime and watch Only Fools and Horses getting filmed. jo yeates - Page 20 294124

Are you sure you weren't in Peckham?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 31 Dec - 11:01

Even if this crime was an isolated one for the perpetrator, it's imperative they check all the unsolved cases in the same area, even if for a pure elimination act.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 11:01

Chris wrote:
Marky wrote:
Chris wrote:

One report said the lecturing post was part-time.

sorta maybe possibly answers that one then. jo yeates - Page 20 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 11:03

fedrules wrote:Well-done Marky. I googled it, but couldn't find anything about it on their website.I had a friend at uni whose brothers went to the school. I bet they were there when Jefferies was teaching...

i think you mean chris. jo yeates - Page 20 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 31 Dec - 11:03

I'm quite appalled at the way some of the media is digging dirt on Chris Jefferies. The Mirror is calling him a 'peeping tom,' and has comments from former tenants. I think whether Jefferies did this or not, this is not the time to be digging the dirt.

Daily Mirror

Chris Jefferies’ tenants felt uneasy when they thought they spotted him peering into their flat and asked to put up net curtains.

But their plea to protect their privacy was apparently refused by the eccentric landlord, who said it would not be in keeping with the grand building’s style.

I think that's reasonable. Net curtains would not be in keeping with the style of the building.

The husband and wife also say he would not let them fit a chain lock to their door after he allegedly let himself into their home uninvited on several occasions.

Their awkward encounters soured their relationship with the flamboyant loner, who rented them one of his three flats in the four-storey house six years ago.

Let himself into their home? Not to the flat being rented from him. The Mirror is making sure the readers really feel how Jefferies invaded their private space. His letting himself in may just be the actions of a nosey and paranoid owner, who wanted to find out if his tenants were making alterations without permission.

“He always seemed to be hanging about. If we left the flat he was always outside.

No, I can't believe he was always outside every time they left the flat.

The couple state that Jefferies had keys to all of the flats he rented out. Well, he would have. Suppose tenants lost their keys. Suppose there was a fire or a tenant hadn't been seen for a few days or tenants disappeared without notice, owing lots of rent, which does happen. Nothing suspicious there.

This same rag that would publish every inane comment from the McCanns, without bothering to make any kind of critical analysis, thinks it's OK to find people who have given witness statements to the police and call Jefferies a 'peeping tom.' While I think Jefferies may well be the person responsible for Joanna's disappearance, I think the Mirror should hold fire on labeling, based on statements from these former tenants.

What next? Prowling the gay bars of Bristol and buying stories from 'rent boys.'?

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 11:04

Oh, yeah! They tell you it is in London but that is a lie, they film it in this square in the centre of Bristol! We always knew that they were there because they used to leave the Reliant Regal (it wasn't a Robin, btw) parked just outside our building. David Jason seems to be a very picky actor. We could only see from a distance, but it looked like he would insist himself on doing the same scene, over and over, until he got it exactly right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 11:06

FSoares wrote:

Even if this crime was an isolated one for the perpetrator, it's imperative they check all the unsolved cases in the same area, even if for a pure elimination act.

once they have someone nailed for this particular crime they'll look at the others unless of course that someone confesses to multiple crimes.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 11:15

If Jefferies really did kill Jo hours after helping her boyfriend set off for Sheffield, then the media is free to dig up as much dirt as they can for all I care. Although, he is of course innocent until proven guilty..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 11:16

The Famous Grouse wrote:Oh, yeah! They tell you it is in London but that is a lie, they film it in this square in the centre of Bristol! We always knew that they were there because they used to leave the Reliant Regal (it wasn't a Robin, btw) parked just outside our building. David Jason seems to be a very picky actor. We could only see from a distance, but it looked like he would insist himself on doing the same scene, over and over, until he got it exactly right.

well there ya go. who'd a thought it.

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/fools/location.html

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next