Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

+37
Panda
halfamo
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
margaret
Lioned
Dimsie
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Krisy22
Estelle
jejune
welshy
wantthetruth
Arguida
Chris
buildersbum
Smudge
fedrules
T4two
Badboy
flower
chrissie
ann_chovey
kitti
MaryB
mumbles
Angelique
Alpine Aster
Annabel
docmac
LJC
sans_souci
Sandi
SteveT
Midas
Keela
41 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Krisy22 Wed 26 Jan - 17:10

Just copied this ... Bristol News from Evening Post. Long article some just repeat of the court yesterday. Thought this was interesting though.

Joanna Yeates' murder case: Why is landlord Chris Jefferies still a suspect?

Chris Jefferies remains a suspect in the Joanna Yeates murder caseBy tom morris and geoff bennett

A leading criminologist has questioned why Joanna Yeates' landlord remains a suspect in her murder.

Chris Jefferies, 66, was arrested on suspicion of murder on December 30 at his home in Canynge Road – the building he shared with landscape architect Miss Yeates.

Police obtained two extensions to keep Mr Jefferies detained for the maximum time limit but released him early on police bail, without charge, on January 1.

Another man, Miss Yeates' neighbour Vincent Tabak, was subsequently charged with her murder and appeared at Bristol Crown Court yesterday.

After Tabak was charged at the weekend, Inspector David Horwood, from Avon and Somerset police, said: "We're now considering the impact of the charge on other aspects of the investigation."

But despite Tabak's court appearance, police confirmed yesterday that Mr Jefferies has not had his police bail cancelled and he is therefore still a suspect.

David Wilson, professor of criminology and criminal justice at Birmingham City University, said it would be normal practice to release other suspects from bail following a charge.

Professor Wilson, who has researched many murderers, including serial killer Fred West, Soham murderer Ian Huntley, and Suffolk strangler Steven Wright, said: "I've not heard that the landlord Chris Jefferies has had his bail cancelled, which could be seen as significant.

"Now that they've charged Vincent Tabak it would make sense for police to cancel Mr Jefferies' bail – that would be normal procedure. I'd expect the police to act quickly to end any misunderstanding in relation to Mr Jefferies not being released from bail."

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Panda Wed 26 Jan - 18:24

Talking of the CPS, my local News just reported a case if a Businessman accused of raping a girl, I just caught the tail end of it but whatever happened
the Jury found the Man NOT Guilty on the grounds that the Girl was drunk and got into the Man"s Car voluntarily.

The man was interviewed outside the Courthouse and is threatening to sue the CPS and investigating Police. He is furious, says his name and reputation was smeared etc and he saw the girl staggering and offered her a lift home to ensure her safety.

"But despite Tabak's court appearance, police confirmed yesterday that Mr Jefferies has not had his police bail cancelled and he is therefore still a suspect." How many more Guys will Bristol Police arrest on suspicion of Jo"s murder.??????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 26 Jan - 22:54

It gets stranger and stranger and it's a real shame, because the parents need some kind of certainty in order to at least try to come to terms with it. Unfortunately the police seem to be turning this into something fast resembling a farce. I wonder when they will actually catch the murderer; a choice of two doesn't count IMO.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 26 Jan - 23:02

I know we shouldnt pre judge this one but the Dutch bloke fits the bill for me.I always felt she knew her murderer and this bloke also had some work contact with her i believe ?
Got a feeling could be a bit more to their relationship.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 26 Jan - 23:47

Lioned wrote:I know we shouldnt pre judge this one but the Dutch bloke fits the bill for me.I always felt she knew her murderer and this bloke also had some work contact with her i believe ?
Got a feeling could be a bit more to their relationship.

Yes Lioned, I said right from the beginning it had to be someone Jo knew to invite him in. Don"t know about the work contact, Jo"s Father said Jo had
never mentioned Tabak who has a steady Girlfriend. His family are adamant that he behaved normally during his visit to Holland on 28th and has girlfriend
believes he is innocent. There is no mention so far as to where she was on the night of 17th Dec, obviously not with Tabak or she would have been
able to give him an alibi. It is strange that the charge is dated from 16th Dec when everyone knows she was alive on 17th, the Police say there is a reason.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 5:56

Tabak is an office workspace expert and is currently employed as a ‘people flow analyst’ at Buro Happold in Bath, Somerset.

The Dutch national was born in the village of Veghel near Eindhoven, the Netherlands, in February 1978.

He started studying for his six-year long master of science degree in Architecture, Building and Planning at Einhoven University in 1996, and graduated in 2003.

His PhD project ”User Simulation of Space Utilisation” looked at developing spaces within offices to aid movement and make the most of a building’s capacity. His paper can be read here http://alexandria.tue.nl/extra2/200910371.pdf

Tabak moved to Britain in 2007 to work at engineering firm Buro Happold in Bath, Somerset.

Since 2007, he has been working in SMART, the advanced analysis and simulation team, developing people flow projects, including schools and airports.

He moved into Flat 2 at 44 Canynge Road in 2009 and previously lived in Walcot Parade, Bath, the year before.

Tabak is believed to have shared the Canynge Road flat with his girlfriend Tanja Morson, a treasury analyst at Dyson in Malmesbury, Wilts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Most important, Tabak apparently does not own a Car, he cycles everywhere so how did he transfer Jo"s body?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 27 Jan - 10:20

Panda wrote:

Tabak is an office workspace expert and is currently employed as a ‘people flow analyst’ at Buro Happold in Bath, Somerset.

The Dutch national was born in the village of Veghel near Eindhoven, the Netherlands, in February 1978.

He started studying for his six-year long master of science degree in Architecture, Building and Planning at Einhoven University in 1996, and graduated in 2003.

His PhD project ”User Simulation of Space Utilisation” looked at developing spaces within offices to aid movement and make the most of a building’s capacity. His paper can be read here http://alexandria.tue.nl/extra2/200910371.pdf

Tabak moved to Britain in 2007 to work at engineering firm Buro Happold in Bath, Somerset.

Since 2007, he has been working in SMART, the advanced analysis and simulation team, developing people flow projects, including schools and airports.

He moved into Flat 2 at 44 Canynge Road in 2009 and previously lived in Walcot Parade, Bath, the year before.

Tabak is believed to have shared the Canynge Road flat with his girlfriend Tanja Morson, a treasury analyst at Dyson in Malmesbury, Wilts.
Most important, Tabak apparently does not own a Car, he cycles everywhere so how did he transfer Jo"s body?
Borrowed the LL's car? Without the LL's knowledge of what he wanted it for?
Probably not, I know, just thinking out loud. Trying to figure why the LL is still on bail.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 27 Jan - 10:45

Panda wrote:

If he doesn't own a car it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have use of one. Does his girlfriend own a car? His friend whose flat he used clearly was happy that he had keys to the flat, does she own a car? Then again there is always Hertz.

One would hope that in charging him the police at least considered (and were satisfied) that he was able to move a body 3 miles other than on the back of his bike otherwise their case falls at an early hurdle.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 11:49

Yes, I have wondered whether he used a Friend"s car, but would you be party to lending a Friend a Car to dispose of a body? I certainly wouldn"t,
no matter how well I knew him, could he have rented one at such short notice ? possibly. I read that he and his girlfriend went to Cambridge to spend
Christmas with her Family, then on to Holland so she obviously did not feel there was anything odd about his behaviour or suspect him.

One thing that is suspect though, if he was with his girlfriend on 17th Dec. she would have been able to provide an alibi which would probably have stopped Tabak being charged.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 27 Jan - 11:51

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

If he doesn't own a car it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have use of one. Does his girlfriend own a car? His friend whose flat he used clearly was happy that he had keys to the flat, does she own a car? Then again there is always Hertz.One would hope that in charging him the police at least considered (and were satisfied) that he was able to move a body 3 miles other than on the back of his bike otherwise their case falls at an early hurdle.

Yep - most murderers go for Hertz because they clean them so thoroughly after you take them back - even down to removing dna and cadaverine odour. Oh and it's the only rental company that guarantees to get you a suitable vehicle within minutes of your call and no questions asked, if you've bumped someone off and are stuck for transport.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 12:50

Iv"e just been reading some of the comments from the Article I posted and apparently there was a heavy fall of snow in the early hours of 18th Dec
so Jo"s body would have remained undetected for 8 days because not many people would have been walking down the Lane.

Also, one of the comments was from a person who speaks Dutch and apparently Das Telegraph (something like that jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 25346 ) is publishing details which this poster will translate and post.

On a lighter note, this was another comment.

"Why have a judicial system at all? Abolish the system , sack judges.Just let tabloids and their readers and internet queens decide who’s guilty not on evidence but on the basis that they’re odd. Once has blue hair? Definitely guilty. I see, so because he’s viewed as odd Jo Yeates landlord must’ve has some connection with the guy, Tabak, who’s currently in the frame. He’s Dutch – foreign – odd – doesn’t like sausages – definitely guilty.

Personally I think my dog is the real murderer. He’s odd. Does odd shits. Has an odd look. Doesn’t act like a normal labrador.

Come on, don’t insult my intelligence. Intelligent? I’m oddd. Maybe I did the crime."

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 11 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 27 Jan - 15:42

T4two wrote:
Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

If he doesn't own a car it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have use of one. Does his girlfriend own a car? His friend whose flat he used clearly was happy that he had keys to the flat, does she own a car? Then again there is always Hertz.One would hope that in charging him the police at least considered (and were satisfied) that he was able to move a body 3 miles other than on the back of his bike otherwise their case falls at an early hurdle.

Yep - most murderers go for Hertz because they clean them so thoroughly after you take them back - even down to removing dna and cadaverine odour. Oh and it's the only rental company that guarantees to get you a suitable vehicle within minutes of your call and no questions asked, if you've bumped someone off and are stuck for transport.

Hertz was a little tongue in cheek. Incidentally have the police yet stated when they believe the body was dumped?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 16:10

Not that I know of, but a poster has checked the weather in Bristol and it snowed heavily in the early hours of the morning of the 18th December
and roads were very icy. That is probably why the body was dumped in the lane and covered in snow . The Lane was seldom used obviously, especially
in bad weather since it was not discovered until Christmas Day.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 19:42

Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Jo Yeates and idle speculation....
update - 23/01/11
Funny how the arrest of neighbour Vincent Tabak arrives at exactly the same time a 'high-level' review of the case was scheduled.

A ‘28-day review’ is routinely held by a senior investigating officer either from within the force - or from outside it.

And with the cost of the investigation already reported to be sailing over the £1 million mark, my guess it might have been conducted from outside.

On January 13th The Daily Mail and several other publications reported that if the situation continues for another '11 days' a high-level review would be conducted. That would be tommorow.

For the life of me I cannot think why a killer with 48 hour access to Joanna Yeate's flat (her boyfriend was 'away' in Sheffield) did not try to dispose of the cider bottles, her jacket and her boots to make it look like Joanna had never made it home to her flat that evening.

That would have been so easy to do for a neighbour - especially as the alarm had not been raised - and would not be raised for a full two days.

The killer - whoever he or she was - seemed keen to reassure Police that Joanna had returned to the flat that evening by leaving her belongings for all to see.

I can't believe Vincent would have been that careless.

If the DNA tests are accurate they are more indicative of consensual foreplay than a sexual assault.

Keystone have nothing on the Avon chaps.

They screwed up and would rather play for time by charging some innocent bloke than plough further time and resources into correcting their mistakes and having their leading officer move on. Here's a Home Office guide to the 28-day progress reviews.read more at link....
http://www.thesargeants.net/dblog/articolo.asp?articolo=383

http://jerseyabusescandal.blogspot.com/2011/01/michelle-bettles-glenis-carruthers.html
During the investigation there were some good points picked up on...
Posted by SteelMagnolia at 7:47 AM
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 27 Jan - 21:43

It is odd that Tabak had no car, but he may have had access to one. He could have used his girlfriend's or borrowed one from a friend. Obviously he would've made an excuse as to why he needed it. I seem to remember that the man eventually convicted of killing Milly Dowler used his partner's car to abduct her.

What seems strange to me is that a 6ft 4in 'beanpole' didn't have the strength to lift Jo's body over the wall. Unless, of course, he wanted Jo's body to be found to put an end to her parents' agony...

Personally, I still feel he wouldn't have been charged unless there were valid reasons to believe him guilty. I guess now we'll just have to wait until his trial to know exactly what the police have on him..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 27 Jan - 21:54

Panda wrote:

Not that I know of, but a poster has checked the weather in Bristol and it snowed heavily in the early hours of the morning of the 18th December
and roads were very icy. That is probably why the body was dumped in the lane and covered in snow . The Lane was seldom used obviously, especially
in bad weather since it was not discovered until Christmas Day.

So whoever dumped the body looked at the weather forecast or it was concealed in the snow later. Not being discovered until a week later when the thaw was well underway could make it difficult to decide which.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 23:54

I think it was more luck than judgement that it happened to Snow when it did and as for the mode of transport, if Tabak didn"t have a Car he presumably didn"t have a Licence to drive one so wouldn"t his Girlfriend or any of his Friends wonder why he wanted to borrow one? Maybe Jo had a Car and he
used that.

Whoever killed Jo intended to throw her body into the Quarry where it would not be easily found but couldn"t make it in the bad weather and dumped her on the verge of the lane and covered her with snow IMO
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 28 Jan - 4:51

Panda wrote:
I think it was more luck than judgement that it happened to Snow when it did and as for the mode of transport, if Tabak didn"t have a Car he presumably didn"t have a Licence to drive one so wouldn"t his Girlfriend or any of his Friends wonder why he wanted to borrow one? Maybe Jo had a Car and he
used that.

Whoever killed Jo intended to throw her body into the Quarry where it would not be easily found but couldn"t make it in the bad weather and dumped her on the verge of the lane and covered her with snow IMO

Not conclusive but I suspect he does have a licence. From his thesis:

From my friends outside of the world of research I mainly want to thank Maarten Nauta, for among other things our perfect PhD car sharing deal, and Niels Belonje, for his ability to cope with me when I was one of his tenants.

If he held a Dutch licence he would be able to drive in the UK. I think the quarry thing is a police theory rather than a certainty.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Jan - 7:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info re Tabak"s licence, is it possible Jo had a Car and it was parked in the driveway or nearby and that could have been used?

I still think whoever took her body intended for it to be well hidden, could it even have been thrown from Clifton Suspension Bridge.? The intention
was obviously to take it away as far as possible from the scene of the crime but the hiding place was not very good was it ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 29 Jan - 22:14

A post on Blog comments on Tabak.

I can not believe he would be able to do that. We have spent a lot of time biking (he was my neighbour in Eindhoven and we both studied at TU/e.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Smudge Mon 31 Jan - 12:38

From BBC News
A 32-year-old Dutch man accused of murdering landscape architect Jo Yeates has appeared in court via a video link.

Vincent Tabak spoke to the judge at Bristol Crown Court to confirm his name and that he could hear the proceedings.

He was remanded in custody to appear before the same court on 4 May.

Miss Yeates, 25, was found dead on Christmas Day, eight days after going missing from her home in the Clifton area of Bristol.

Her frozen body was found in Failand near Bristol on Christmas Day, three miles from where she lived.

No application for bail was made by Mr Tabak, who appeared by video link from HMP Long Lartin in Worcestershire.

Miss Yeates, who was originally from Ampfield in Hampshire, was reported missing by her boyfriend Greg Reardon on 19 December, when he returned to their home after a weekend away visiting family in Sheffield.

She had disappeared on 17 December after going for Christmas drinks with colleagues at her architectural firm.

A police operation began after her body was found on the verge in Longwood Lane, Failand.

A post-mortem examination revealed she had been strangled.

Mr Tabak lived next door to Miss Yeates on Canynge Road.

It was also revealed on Monday that Miss Yeates' body had been released to her family.

At least they can have her funeral now
Smudge
Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 31 Jan - 17:05

No applicatiopn for bail so that looks like a done deal then.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Jan - 17:21

Thanks for that News Smudge. If he is remanded in custody for over three months , as Lioned said, it looks like a done deal and I must say I am surprised.
Surely Jefferies must now be cleared?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 31 Jan - 21:41

I too think its a done deal.
Like to know where its going with the LL though? Strange!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Jan - 22:05

wjk wrote:I too think its a done deal.
Like to know where its going with the LL though? Strange!

wjk.......I know I am thick at times, what"s LL?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next