Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

+37
Panda
halfamo
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
margaret
Lioned
Dimsie
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Krisy22
Estelle
jejune
welshy
wantthetruth
Arguida
Chris
buildersbum
Smudge
fedrules
T4two
Badboy
flower
chrissie
ann_chovey
kitti
MaryB
mumbles
Angelique
Alpine Aster
Annabel
docmac
LJC
sans_souci
Sandi
SteveT
Midas
Keela
41 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jan - 22:00

Rep point for that find Krisy22, very interesting to know who will be defending Tabak good to know it is someone of stature., another Kavanagh QC. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  T4two Tue 25 Jan - 22:09

What an interesting article you found there Krisy22. Thanks for that jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 944533

Yes, it's an interesting case alright. I see that those of us who feel that there is "something not quite right" about all this are in good company.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 25 Jan - 22:10

Panda wrote:

Rep point for that find Krisy22, very interesting to know who will be defending Tabak good to know it is someone of stature., another Kavanagh QC. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 25346

I just hope the police are not just desperate to charge somebody and are going for this on flimsy evidence.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 25 Jan - 22:17

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

I just hope the police are not just desperate to charge somebody and are going for this on flimsy evidence.
That's my worry, especially after the c*ck up (or so it now seems) with the Landlord.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jan - 22:48

wjk wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

That's my worry, especially after the c*ck up (or so it now seems) with the Landlord.

wjk......to me it"s looking that way. The Detective handling the case was very keen to tell the Press and Public what was going on from Day one and
maybe should have been more circumspect. Why charge Tabak from 16th December when everyone knows Jo was alive on 17th.? Again, if a polite
respected Guy had killed someone accidentally wouldn"t his Girlfriend and Family notice something different about his behaviour? Even Jo"s parents are
saying Tabak was never mentioned by Jo as being a neighbour. I said from Day 1 that he seems an unlikely suspect and still think so, but obviously I could be wrong and we will have to wait for the evidence.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 25 Jan - 22:49

Panda wrote:

Thank you Panda. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Icon_flower

Yes it sounds like this guy really knows his stuff. It will be interesting to know what evidence the police have against his client.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 25 Jan - 22:57

T4two wrote:What an interesting article you found there Krisy22. Thanks for that jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 944533

Yes, it's an interesting case alright. I see that those of us who feel that there is "something not quite right" about all this are in good company.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 294124 T4two, I wonder just how many times we have said " something not quite right" since the start of MM.

I think there will be a few suprises along the way though. Just gut feeling.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jan - 22:58

Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:

Thank you Panda. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 Icon_flower

Yes it sounds like this guy really knows his stuff. It will be interesting to know what evidence the police have against his client.

I wouldn"t mind booking a seat in the Gallery to witness the Hearing, can you imagine the Public interest there will be?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 25 Jan - 23:27

Panda wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:

I wouldn"t mind booking a seat in the Gallery to witness the Hearing, can you imagine the Public interest there will be?

Yes, lots of interest for sure.

I wonder when the police will finish ‘reviewing’ the arrested status of the landlord. I thought he would have been cleared by now.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jan - 23:57

Actually Krisy I think the Detective in charge of this case has handled it very badly. Bristol Police Station seldom has to deal with a disappearance/
Murder which had so much public attention. He probably got carried away whith his own importance as Detective in charge of the case and was quite
happy to have Daily briefings with the Press. Once Jo"s body was found the imperative was to find Jo"s killer as quickly as possible , Jo"s Parent"s grief
touching everyone who watched their appearance on T.V. and visit to the spot where she was found.

As I say, I reserve judgement on Tabak"s guilt or innocence but the Jefferies arrest and release without charge does not augur well for confidence that
this arrest is justified.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Wed 26 Jan - 1:11

Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:

I wonder when the police will finish ‘reviewing’ the arrested status of the landlord. I thought he would have been cleared by now.

I think, once someone's been arrested and had bail set, that they can't be released from bail until the conclusion of the investigation jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 944533 .
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 26 Jan - 2:15

jejune wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:

I think, once someone's been arrested and had bail set, that they can't be released from bail until the conclusion of the investigation jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 944533 .

Martin Brunt of Sky has been asking why the police have not released the Landlord from his suspect status/bail since his blog of January 23rd. Does Brunty know his stuff or not? He seems to think that it's very strange and that something is wrong. Is the investigation not finished once someone has been charged with the crime? Doesn't appear to be as far as Avon and Somerset police are concerned does it? Talk about keeping your options open as in, "if we can't make it stick on Tabak, we've always got Jefferies to fall back on", or are they frightened of facing a claim from Jefferies for wrongful arrest? I got worried about the guy leading the investigation when he kept coming on TV and telling us how many leads they were following up, how many tons of rubbish they were sifting through and all the other stuff. I got even more worried when he carried out his arrest of Jefferies under the full glare of the media spotlight and succeeded in precipitated a witch hunt which had the Attorney General issuing a warning about a possible mistrial. I looked on incredulously as he then proceeded to mount a huge forensic search to try and get some evidence against the man he had arrested - and apparently failed. Now, after arresting someone else and mounting yet another huge forensic search, presumably to try and get some evidence against the man he's actually charged, he seems to have conveniently forgotten all about the landlord. Perhaps I'm missing something here and these are extremely clever tactics designed to confuse everyone, or that's one very out of his depth copper who needs to learn a thing or two about how real detectives solve crimes by real police work and not by going around haphazardly arresting people and then throwing money at it with huge forensic investigations. But then, maybe he'll get lucky and the forensic people will come up with sufficient solid evidence to get a conviction. It won't change my view about how this investigation has been conducted though. Just my opinion.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 26 Jan - 6:39

T4two wrote:
Martin Brunt of Sky has been asking why the police have not released the Landlord from his suspect status/bail since his blog of January 23rd. Does Brunty know his stuff or not? He seems to think that it's very strange and that something is wrong. Is the investigation not finished once someone has been charged with the crime? Doesn't appear to be as far as Avon and Somerset police are concerned does it? Talk about keeping your options open as in, "if we can't make it stick on Tabak, we've always got Jefferies to fall back on", or are they frightened of facing a claim from Jefferies for wrongful arrest? I got worried about the guy leading the investigation when he kept coming on TV and telling us how many leads they were following up, how many tons of rubbish they were sifting through and all the other stuff. I got even more worried when he carried out his arrest of Jefferies under the full glare of the media spotlight and succeeded in precipitated a witch hunt which had the Attorney General issuing a warning about a possible mistrial. I looked on incredulously as he then proceeded to mount a huge forensic search to try and get some evidence against the man he had arrested - and apparently failed. Now, after arresting someone else and mounting yet another huge forensic search, presumably to try and get some evidence against the man he's actually charged, he seems to have conveniently forgotten all about the landlord. Perhaps I'm missing something here and these are extremely clever tactics designed to confuse everyone, or that's one very out of his depth copper who needs to learn a thing or two about how real detectives solve crimes by real police work and not by going around haphazardly arresting people and then throwing money at it with huge forensic investigations. But then, maybe he'll get lucky and the forensic people will come up with sufficient solid evidence to get a conviction. It won't change my view about how this investigation has been conducted though. Just my opinion.

I am not sure the police can be held responsible for the witch hunt of the landlord. No name was released when Tabak was arrested but the press had it almost immediately not least because it was his flat the focus shifted to. Even if Jeffries was arrested in the middle of the night the lurid reporting would still have happened simply because he had the appearance of being a little oddball, was easy meat for journalists to portray as "weird" and, QED, almost certainly up to his neck in it. The police actually raised the news reporting with the AG which lead to his statement albeit they perhaps should have reacted earlier.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 26 Jan - 8:55

Morning Chris, don"t know what QED means but if Jefferies is still the main suspect, surely the Police would not arrest a sprat to catch a mackeral?????

I think whatever happpened to Jo was insde her Flat and the screams can be discounted.......she knew the person and he was invited in.
Even if she went to Tabak"s Flat or Jefferies she would have put on a coat and taken her keys. Have the Police stated that the Beer she bought was still in her Flat?

It is a bit odd that Jefferies status has not been lifted, he would surely by now have retained a Solicitor to demand an apology and for the Police to
announce that he is no longer a suspect.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 26 Jan - 9:21

Panda wrote:

Morning Chris, don"t know what QED means but if Jefferies is still the main suspect, surely the Police would not arrest a sprat to catch a mackeral?????

I think whatever happpened to Jo was insde her Flat and the screams can be discounted.......she knew the person and he was invited in.
Even if she went to Tabak"s Flat or Jefferies she would have put on a coat and taken her keys. Have the Police stated that the Beer she bought was still in her Flat?

It is a bit odd that Jefferies status has not been lifted, he would surely by now have retained a Solicitor to demand an apology and for the Police to

Quod erat demonstrandum - did you never do geometry? jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 25346

I merely meant as far as our intrepid reporters are concerned "weird" or "different" = "guilty"

I guess the fact Mr J is still officially a suspect means that the case against Tabak may still be lacking. Mr J must have done enough to raise suspicion against him in the first place even though it doesn't appear there is anything concrete to link him to the death given that that line of enquiry has not been pursued even if not totally ruled out.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 26 Jan - 9:46

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

Quod erat demonstrandum - did you never do geometry? jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 25346

I merely meant as far as our intrepid reporters are concerned "weird" or "different" = "guilty"

I guess the fact Mr J is still officially a suspect means that the case against Tabak may still be lacking. Mr J must have done enough to raise suspicion against him in the first place even though it doesn't appear there is anything concrete to link him to the death given that that line of enquiry has not been pursued even if not totally ruled out.

Yes, I did do geometry, not that I was any good at it, but don"t remember any Latin jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 294124

This arrest is like a colander, full of holes and I think the Bristol Police , or Detective in charge were under pressure to solve the case. Why make a
charge from the 16th when everyone knows Jo was alive on 17th,? Where was Tabak"s girlfriend on the night of 17th, if she was in, wouldn"t she be
able to provide an alibi? Obviously she wasn"t but has said publicly that she does not think he is guilty. No doubt all will be revealed next week and
we can play internet Detectives and decide whether the case against Tabak is strong.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Wed 26 Jan - 10:05

Tabak jail switch over attack fears..

By JOHN COLES

Published: Today
THE man accused of murdering Jo Yeates was moved to a different prison yesterday amid fears for his safety.
Vincent Tabak had spent less than 24 hours in jail in Bristol before the 30-mile switch to Gloucester.

A source told The Sun: "It was decided to move him for his own good. There are a lot of local people in Bristol Prison and he could have been at risk because feelings locally are running high."

Killed ... Jo YeatesThe switch took place after Tabak, 32, made his second court appearance in two days. Prosecutor Ann Reddrop formally applied for the bespectacled Dutchman to be remanded in custody by Bristol Crown Court. Lanky architectural engineer Tabak did not apply for bail. He looked pale and tired, and has not yet entered a plea.

Tabak is charged with murdering landscape architect Jo, 25, between December 16 and December 26.

No members of her family were present at the ten-minute hearing. Ms Reddrop asked Mr Justice Treacy to keep Tabak in custody. But she added: "In fairness to the defendant, I should point out he is a man of good character in this country and, as I understand it, in Holland."

Tabak will appear in court again next Monday.

Meanwhile, cops continued searching the house in Clifton, Bristol, in which his flat adjoined Jo's, as well as the garden shed.

Jo vanished on December 17 and was found dead on Christmas Day.

•
THE BBC's Crimewatch programme will refer to Jo's case tonight but not feature the reconstruction filmed last week.

j.coles@the-sun.co.uk

Sorry its from The Sun but it may explain why no bail was asked for. JMO
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 26 Jan - 10:26

Morning Krisy,

Trust The Sun to exaggerate the News and try to make out the Switch to Gloucester was for his safety!!!! I suspect Tabak is in solitary confinement
like Assange was. How come Jefferies , a much more weird looking character was not threatened?

This part interests me, looks as though Ms Reddrop was anxious to convey her thoughts about Tabak"s arrest.

"No members of her family were present at the ten-minute hearing. Ms Reddrop asked Mr Justice Treacy to keep Tabak in custody. But she added: "In fairness to the defendant, I should point out he is a man of good character in this country and, as I understand it, in Holland."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 26 Jan - 12:18

Panda wrote:

Morning Krisy,

Trust The Sun to exaggerate the News and try to make out the Switch to Gloucester was for his safety!!!! I suspect Tabak is in solitary confinement
like Assange was. How come Jefferies , a much more weird looking character was not threatened?

This part interests me, looks as though Ms Reddrop was anxious to convey her thoughts about Tabak"s arrest.

"No members of her family were present at the ten-minute hearing. Ms Reddrop asked Mr Justice Treacy to keep Tabak in custody. But she added: "In fairness to the defendant, I should point out he is a man of good character in this country and, as I understand it, in Holland."

It is unlikely Jeffries was ever at immediate risk. Only being under arrest he was most likely held in a police station cell not in prison. He doesn't appear to have returned home since he was released and is presumably staying with friends.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 26 Jan - 12:31

He doesn't appear to have returned home since he was released and is presumably staying with friends

Don't blame him, it will be a media fest outside the flats still.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 26 Jan - 14:56

Ms Reddrop asked Mr Justice Treacy to keep Tabak in custody. But she added: "In fairness to the defendant, I should point out he is a man of good character in this country and, as I understand it, in Holland."

Hmmmm.... the prosecution describing the defendant in a murder case as a man of good character? That's got to be a first. IMO plod should be getting a bit worried... wonder why he hasn't been on TV telling us all what a wonderful job they've done? So, looks like it's either Tabak or Jefferies - pehaps they should toss a coin? A horrible thought though - it could be neither of them jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 10 29204
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Wed 26 Jan - 16:36

Panda wrote:

Morning Krisy,

Hi Panda,

That part also stood out for me too. If thats the prosecution who needs defence.

I am not really sure what to believe, either way his life is going to be turned upside down.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 26 Jan - 16:39

I assume the weird looking landlord is no longer a 'suspect' then,though i dont recall the police saying as much ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 26 Jan - 16:55

Lioned wrote:I assume the weird looking landlord is no longer a 'suspect' then,though i dont recall the police saying as much ?

Hi Lioned, we discussed this earlier, apparently Brunt has said Jefferies hasn"t been cleared as a suspect which is strange. Wouldn"t you demanbd a
public announcement from the Police to say you are no longer a suspect if you were Jefferies? To move Tabak to a Prison in Gloucester also seems OTT
he could surely have been kept from harm in Bristol for a week for his Lawyer, Family and Friends to visit.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 26 Jan - 17:02

Sorry Panda,me being lazy had'nt read back.

Yes i would want a public apology if i was him,as 'another' suspect had been arrested and charged that should put you in the clear,unless the cops think they were both involved !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next