Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

+37
Panda
halfamo
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
margaret
Lioned
Dimsie
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Krisy22
Estelle
jejune
welshy
wantthetruth
Arguida
Chris
buildersbum
Smudge
fedrules
T4two
Badboy
flower
chrissie
ann_chovey
kitti
MaryB
mumbles
Angelique
Alpine Aster
Annabel
docmac
LJC
sans_souci
Sandi
SteveT
Midas
Keela
41 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Estelle Sun 20 Mar - 16:36

which could have been planted by CJ?
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Krisy22 Sun 20 Mar - 17:44

Well there seems to be something strange about this murder. Somehow don't think CJ played any part in it but he may have seen something that Friday night.The only way I feel VT would be involved is if he already knew JY before hand.

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 20 Mar - 17:49

I read only recently about a type of test on DNA, wish I could think of the name, which is very unreliable. The Police had that evidence about the car
for 3 weeks!!!! Why was the car spotted on 18th December? Whose car was it? What time? It had to be night, he wouldn"t risk dumping the body in daytime, did he confess after 3 days of interrogation because he was disoriented?

He does have an experienced QC to defend him and I just wondered why he did not advise Tabak to plead not guilty. We assume that Jo was found fully clothed underneath the snow, could the DNA be reliable and evidence found on Jo"s clothes? Remember, the FSS could not make a positive ID of
Madeleienes DNA.

I can"t imagine Tabak going to his girlfriend"s Family for Christmas and then on to his Family for the New Year without showing any signs of stress.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 20 Mar - 18:18

Panda wrote:
I read only recently about a type of test on DNA, wish I could think of the name, which is very unreliable. The Police had that evidence about the car
for 3 weeks!!!! Why was the car spotted on 18th December? Whose car was it? What time? It had to be night, he wouldn"t risk dumping the body in daytime, did he confess after 3 days of interrogation because he was disoriented?

He does have an experienced QC to defend him and I just wondered why he did not advise Tabak to plead not guilty. We assume that Jo was found fully clothed underneath the snow, could the DNA be reliable and evidence found on Jo"s clothes? Remember, the FSS could not make a positive ID of
Madeleienes DNA.

I can"t imagine Tabak going to his girlfriend"s Family for Christmas and then on to his Family for the New Year without showing any signs of stress.

Hi Panda jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Icon_flower

Yes I agree , you would have thought the QC would have advised him to plead not guilty. I just wonder what this phone call was all about.... maybe a car owner.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Tabak was arrested on suspicion of murder after police received vital new evidence in a phone call last Wednesday.

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 20 Mar - 18:37

Krisy22 wrote:
Panda wrote:

Madeleienes DNA.

Hi Panda jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Icon_flower

Yes I agree , you would have thought the QC would have advised him to plead not guilty. I just wonder what this phone call was all about.... maybe a car owner.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Tabak was arrested on suspicion of murder after police received vital new evidence in a phone call last Wednesday.

Hi Krisy 22

I remember the Police at the time they arrested Tabak that they had received a telphone call from a Female who was in tears. If it was Tabak"s
girlfriend, would she have gone away with him for Christmas and New Year.? This phone call LAST WEDNESDAY, would have had no bearing on the case since Tabak was arrested and appeared in Court in January/February. I think it is disgraceful that he is not being tried until October and is in solitary
confinement. There are a lot of questionmarks about this case and we will just have to wait and see. Even Jo"s parents said they had never heard
her mention Tabak.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 20 Mar - 22:21

Panda, the article was written on 23rd Jan, so 'last Wednesday' would have been the 19th Jan. He was arrested on 20th Jan and charged on the 23rd Jan. I don't think they are talking about another phone call.
Maybe his girlfriend found something out when they were away? Maybe she had her suspicions before they went but tried to put it at the back of her mind, but had to tell when she got back?

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 21 Mar - 2:41

wjk wrote:Panda, the article was written on 23rd Jan, so 'last Wednesday' would have been the 19th Jan. He was arrested on 20th Jan and charged on the 23rd Jan. I don't think they are talking about another phone call.
Maybe his girlfriend found something out when they were away? Maybe she had her suspicions before they went but tried to put it at the back of her mind, but had to tell when she got back?

Thanks wjk for putting me straight, it still seems odd though, if he didn"t have a Car. The only thing I can think of is it was the Girlfriends Car,
Jo was dead on the 17th yet the car was seen on the bridge on 18th ? Jo"s boyfriend came back on 19th. If Tabak is guilty he must have been one cool
customer and from the way his Family and friends speak of him he is incapable of Murder.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 21 Mar - 12:35

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:Panda, the article was written on 23rd Jan, so 'last Wednesday' would have been the 19th Jan. He was arrested on 20th Jan and charged on the 23rd Jan. I don't think they are talking about another phone call.

Thanks wjk for putting me straight, it still seems odd though, if he didn"t have a Car. The only thing I can think of is it was the Girlfriends Car,
Jo was dead on the 17th yet the car was seen on the bridge on 18th ? Jo"s boyfriend came back on 19th. If Tabak is guilty he must have been one cool
customer and from the way his Family and friends speak of him he is incapable of Murder.
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 306321 Panda, it's an intriguing case, that's for sure. Will definitely be watching with interest!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 21 Mar - 16:20

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 306321 Panda, it's an intriguing case, that's for sure. Will definitely be watching with interest!

You and me both,!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 22 Mar - 15:07

Only just noticed this from Sunday Express 13th March because it"s on page 29 and Iv"e only just started to read it fully.

Landlord could be a witness at Jo trial by James Murray

Former teacher Chris Jefferies is likely to be called as a prosecution witness in the Joanna Yeates murder trial after police cleared him as a suspect.
The move is another twist in the killing of the 25yr old landscape architect from Bristol.

Avon and Somerst Police announced last week that Mfr. Jefferies 66, had been released from bail. He was arrested on Dec.30th last year , five days after the body of Miss Yeates, his Tenanr, was found near the City. Friends of ex Public school Teacher said he had put his own Flat in Canynge Road, Clifton,
Bristol on the Market.
Dutchmen Vincent Tabak,32, has been charged with murdering Miss Yeates and is expected to stsnd Trial in the Autumn. He lived in a Flat in the same
Victorian property.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 22 Mar - 18:07

Thanks, Panda jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Icon_flower
Intersting!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 Mar - 22:13

Pete

25/03/2011 at 8:10 pm

I agree with you Panda, I don’t believe V/T did it.

The police said she must have been moved in a bag, which implies to me that there is no obvious murder DNA in the boot of the car

Also the police said the flat must have been cleaned up, which implies to me that there is no evidence in Joanna’s flat.

I don’t think there is any proof that V/T did it., just in the wrong place at the wrong tim

I posted on Hardlinemarxist Blog and received this response. I didn"t know that the Police said Jo was transported in a bag and that the Flat must have been cleaned? Anybody read this.? One thing crossed my mind, if true that Jefferies may be called as a Witness why didn"t he tell police what he knew when he was a suspect himself?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Empty LANDLORD OF JO YEATES TO SUE PRESS

Post  Panda Fri 22 Apr - 9:48

The landlord arrested on suspicion of murdering the Bristol woman Joanna Yeates has launched legal action against a number of newspapers.

Chris Jefferies, a former public school teacher, 66, was questioned for several days over the murder of his neighbour in Bristol before being released from police bail without charge last month.

He has started libel and privacy claims against The Sun, the Daily Mirror, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, the Daily Star and the Daily Record over articles published in December and January, his lawyers said. Further claims are expected to be launched against local newspapers over the next few weeks.

A statement on behalf of his legal team reads: "Mr Jefferies will not be making any statement about these claims until their conclusion, which he hopes will be in the very near future."

Mr Jefferies is represented by Louis Charalambous, of Simons Muirhead and Burton, who won £600,000 libel damages for Robert Murat after he was falsely accused of involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/landlord-of-joanna-yeates-to-sue-for-libel-2271983.html

Add a comment to this post

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 22 Apr - 13:58

Good luck to Mr Jefferies
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 22 Apr - 16:13

Yes he deserves some recompense for some very shoddy reporting just a shame it doesn't hit the editors in their own pockets.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 22 Apr - 16:34

There is at this moment a discussion in Parliament about Liubel Laws, particularly when the Footballers can obtain injunctions to stop the Press from
revealing any scandal. Apparently there is a very thin dividing line between what is regarded as Freedom of the Press and the right to a person"s privacy.
You only have to read the tabloids to see how sensationalist reporting is the norm. To my mind, what a person does in his/her private life is no-one
else"s business, unless of course the person"s lifestyle jeopardises the security of the Realm.

Jefferies had a raw deal and it was a long time before he was cleared of suspicion, even thought the Avonmouth Police had arrested Tabak.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 26 Apr - 13:37

I have not seen this article before ......if you have tough!!!!! jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 294124

Joanna Yeates: £60,000 in rewards offered to help catch killer

Newspaper puts up £50,000 and Crimestoppers another £10,000 as police appeal for more information

• Steven Morris

• guardian.co.uk,

Friday 7 January 2011 15.51 GMT

• Article history

• jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Police-search-street-in-C-007
    Police search a street in Clifton, Bristol, near where Joanna Yeates lived. Photograph: Ben Birchall/PA

Rewards totalling £60,000 are being offered for information leading to the killer of the Bristol landscape architect Joanna Yeates.Three weeks to the day after 25-year-old Yeates went missing, the Sun offered a reward of £50,000. The charity Crimestoppers has already put up £10,000.Detective
    Chief Inspector Phil Jones, who is leading the murder investigation,
    said: "I'm sure someone out there has that vital piece of information we
    need to catch Jo's killer. I would again urge anyone with any
    information whatsoever to come forward and help us find the answers that
    both ourselves and Jo's family want and need."Meanwhile, the
    parents of a teenager from Yate, near Bristol, who was murdered in 1995
    have urged police to DNA test people living close to Yeates's home.Louise
    Smith, 18, was raped and killed as she walked home from a nightclub on
    Christmas Day. Avon and Somerset police took DNA samples from 5,000 men
    in the area when initial inquiries failed to trace the killer.David Frost, a 21-year-old student, was caught 14 months after the murder when police noticed he had evaded giving a DNA sample.Louise's
    mother, Gillian Smith, said: "They should test residents near where she
    lived in Clifton and where her body was found. The tension in Bristol
    and around Clifton will not be relieved until someone is caught."A report has emerged that two "agitated" men were seen early today emerging from woodland near where Yeates's body was found.The
    daughter of a motorist who spotted the suspicious activity reported the
    sighting on Facebook. She wrote: "My mum was driving past Longwood Lane
    on the way to work this morning at 6.20am and two men came out the
    woods [with] no coats on and soaking wet."They looked really
    agitated – one ran to the other side of the road. She thought they were
    going to jump in front of her car. She rang the police to let them know.
    What were they doing in the dark at that time of the morning?"Avon and Somerset police refused to comment on the sighting.Police have again attempted to dampen down expectation that the crime will be solved quickly, although Chief Superintendent Jon Stratford of Avon and Somerset police
    said steady progress was being made. "It could take some time before
    we find out who killed Jo but we certainly will," he said.Stratford,
    who has responsibility for community policing in the Clifton area of
    Bristol where Yeates went missing, said a large police presence remained
    in the area to reassure people. Officers were making extra patrols on
    foot, in vehicles, on bicycles and on horseback.Women have been
    advised not to walk home alone after dark but Stratford repeated that
    there was no specific intelligence to suggest an increased risk.Yeates's
    landlord, Chris Jefferies, who was arrested on suspicion of her murder
    before being freed on police bail, may be thinking about legal action
    over his arrest, according to a friend.Irving Steggles, 65, who
    works at a Baptist church in South Africa, said: "Chris emailed me and
    said he was going to be eliminated from police inquiries in the next day
    or so. He said: 'The ordeal is almost over.' He is preparing a case
    against the media and the police, I believe. This has completely
    shattered his life."Police are continuing to hunt for a long grey ski sock that was missing from Yeates's body when it was found on a roadside verge eight days after she vanished.Detectives are considering whether the sock was kept by the killer as a trophy and whether she may have been strangled with it.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Joanna-yeates-media-cover-00318 Jan 2011

• jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Icon_email-friend
  • jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Icon_history

g

h

1. What is Zeitgeist?
    Zeitgeist is an experiment in showing trending news, topics and articles from the Guardian. Find out more in our blog post.

L

n

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Joanna-Yeates-003

Joanna Yeates murder: Police 'making steady progress'

6 Jan 2011

Police investigating the murder of Joanna Yeates warn that it could take time to find killer

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 Chris-Jefferies-landlord--003

Joanna Yeates: police arrest landlord

30 Dec 2010

• Chris Jefferies, 65,
held for questioning on suspicion of murder• Two cars removed from
outside the building they shared• Detectives continue to appeal for
information

Iv"e left the other bits in in case you want to play catch up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. I didn"t know there was a reward.

2. I didn"t know there was a witness statement that two men were seen coming out of the Woods.

Since a hearing is due in May where Tabak will be told the charges, after reading this Article it seems the evidence
is suspect to say the least.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 26 Apr - 13:42

OOps.....sorry about that, don"t know what happened there to make such a gap, I"m not editing for fear I will delete
the whole lot,if someone want"s to tidy it up, be my guest. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 14 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 5 May - 10:31

Just goes to show, despite what his family said, about him behaving normally, he was hiding this secret! Scum!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 5 May - 11:01

Thanks wjk xx

Good news for Jo's familly! Yes it does show how you can hide a hideous secret from those around you, and appear to go on as normal!

Scum is right!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 5 May - 11:26

At least he's pleaded guilty. The police must have had some pretty incriminating evidence.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 5 May - 11:28

dazedandconfused wrote:At least he's pleaded guilty. The police must have had some pretty incriminating evidence.
Yes, guilty to manslaughter, not guilty to murder.
Police are still going for a murder charge!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 5 May - 11:39

wjk wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:At least he's pleaded guilty. The police must have had some pretty incriminating evidence.
Yes, guilty to manslaughter, not guilty to murder.
Police are still going for a murder charge!

Oh, I didn't realise that they could do that once he'd pleaded guilty to the lesser charge.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 5 May - 11:49

wjk wrote:Just goes to show, despite what his family said, about him behaving normally, he was hiding this secret! Scum!

Yes. All those pros on other boards who were convinced of his innocence and using tenuous arguments - well at least they've quickly been shown up. It'll take a bit longer for the McScam pros...
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next