Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

+37
Panda
halfamo
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
margaret
Lioned
Dimsie
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Krisy22
Estelle
jejune
welshy
wantthetruth
Arguida
Chris
buildersbum
Smudge
fedrules
T4two
Badboy
flower
chrissie
ann_chovey
kitti
MaryB
mumbles
Angelique
Alpine Aster
Annabel
docmac
LJC
sans_souci
Sandi
SteveT
Midas
Keela
41 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 9:49

The report I read leaves out dsome of these tails but I would question a few points.

1. If a neighbour reported the scream much earlier, why wasn"t it checked out before.?

2. Another Neighbour reports the scream at 9pm, Jo did not leave the Bar until after 8.pm, went to Waitrose, an Off-licence and Tescos how long would it take her to reach her Flat?

3. Since her coat, bag and keys were found in the apartment, what was she doing screaming "help me"? If Tabak is guilty, she might have met him on her way home, invited him in for a drink, things got nasty and he strangled her with her sock........how could she be the one screaming outside?

4. The partial DNA sample if it is anyhing like those sent to FSS may prove of little value so what else can the Police have against Tabak to suspect him?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Chris Sun 23 Jan - 9:55

Panda wrote:

The report I read leaves out dsome of these tails but I would question a few points.

1. If a neighbour reported the scream much earlier, why wasn"t it checked out before.?

2. Another Neighbour reports the scream at 9pm, Jo did not leave the Bar until after 8.pm, went to Waitrose, an Off-licence and Tescos how long would it take her to reach her Flat?

3. Since her coat, bag and keys were found in the apartment, what was she doing screaming "help me"? If Tabak is guilty, she might have met him on her way home, invited him in for a drink, things got nasty and he strangled her with her sock........how could she be the one screaming outside?

4. The partial DNA sample if it is anyhing like those sent to FSS may prove of little value so what else can the Police have against Tabak to suspect him?

No doubt what evidence there is will be forthcoming in due course, they obviously consider there is sufficient at this stage to charge him.. Distance-wise her flat was only a few hundred yards from the last timed sighting at about 8.40. Easily covered in under 20 mins.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 10:10

Morning Chris,

I just hope the police are confident they have the right man this time. Reading the write ups about him he seems well respected and obviously the
Press reports will be sensational. Strangely, all the Sunday Press have played down Tabak"s arrest, some not even Front Page, others a small paragragh
on the Front Page.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Jan - 10:12

carmen wrote:
wjk wrote:
carmen wrote:Just watched the Martin Brunt report - it's not yet known whether Chris Jeffries has been released from bail yet.
You have to wonder what evidence there was pointing to Chris Yeates for him to be arrested in the first place?
Pressure from the media?

Apparently, they did consider Tabak early on in the investigation and then discounted him. Not yet been reported what awoke the police's interest in him. There was obviously evidence of some sort linking an occupant of Cannynge Road to the crime - they, unfortunately, picked the wrong occupant first.

Yorkshire Police had Peter Sutcliffe in, six or seven times, IIRC, and let him go again. I'd like to think that the Police took Chris Yeates in to try and lull Tabak into a false sense of security, in the hope that he might let something slip. Or maybe that's too ambitious, I really don't know.

I am still a bit puzzled as to what Tabak's motive was, though. No-body has said. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sun 23 Jan - 11:41

The Famous Grouse wrote:Yorkshire Police had Peter Sutcliffe in, six or seven times, IIRC, and let him go again. I'd like to think that the Police took Chris Yeates in to try and lull Tabak into a false sense of security, in the hope that he might let something slip. Or maybe that's too ambitious, I really don't know.

I am still a bit puzzled as to what Tabak's motive was, though. No-body has said. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 303636
There are hints in various papers that there was some sort of sexual motive, though of course we've no idea whether this is just gossip running wild in the tabloids. It puzzles me too why an ordinary and by all accounts very nice young man would do something like this, if indeed he did do. The police must feel they have something to go on, to have actually charged him, but of course being charged is by no means the same as being convicted. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 12:25

The information seems very vague about where Tabak actually lives. One report said he lived with his girlfriend in her Flat, where he was picked up by
Police. Another says the girlfriend was glad to get away to Chile because she didn"t like living next door to someone who had been murdered. Tabak
supposedly went to Holland to spend Christmas with his Family, would he have come back to the U.K. if he knew he had committed Murder?

I think when this news broke of a Murder it soon became a Nationwide topic for the Press and public and the Detective in charge was more than happy to
issue bulletins for the Press to report. Bristol Police were unused to any attention on this scale and felt the pressure of having to find the culprit. Since
Jefferies was not charged, this time it might be that the Police could not be seen to make the same mistake with Tabak so decided there was sufficient
evidence to charge him.

We shall see tomorrow when the evidence for charging Tabak is produced, I just hope for the sake of Jo"s Family the Police have got it right this time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 23 Jan - 12:36

Panda wrote:
Morning Chris,

I just hope the police are confident they have the right man this time. Reading the write ups about him he seems well respected and obviously the
Press reports will be sensational. Strangely, all the Sunday Press have played down Tabak"s arrest, some not even Front Page, others a small paragragh
on the Front Page.

Now he has been charged legal reporting restrictions apply so the lurid speculation that happened when Jeffries was only under arrest but not charged won't happen. At worst we will probably only see the "6'4 beanpole" as appeared in a recent tabloid report.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 12:44

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Morning Chris,

on the Front Page.

Now he has been charged legal reporting restrictions apply so the lurid speculation that happened when Jeffries was only under arrest but not charged won't happen. At worst we will probably only see the "6'4 beanpole" as appeared in a recent tabloid report.

The Report I read was from Anorak and their comments. This one is very funny.
"
One colleague at consultant engineers Buro Happold in Bath said: “He is everything you expect from a Dutch bloke.”

"Cloggs? Bag of weed? Good use of the ball?"
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Jan - 12:52

@SkyNewsBreak

Police investigating Jo Yeates murder say they are 'considering impact of charge' on status of landlord Chris Jefferies as a suspect
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 23 Jan - 13:00

carmen wrote:
@SkyNewsBreak

Police investigating Jo Yeates murder say they are 'considering impact of charge' on status of landlord Chris Jefferies as a suspect

That will spoil the Sunday lunch of quite a few newspaper editors in anticipation of their post boxes in the coming days or weeks.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 13:14

Chris wrote:
carmen wrote:
@SkyNewsBreak

That will spoil the Sunday lunch of quite a few newspaper editors in anticipation of their post boxes in the coming days or weeks.

I posted to Carmen asking what "considering impact of charge" meant, it"s not there so I must have forgotten to click "send". BTW. didn"t you think
the post I made to you re anorak remarks was funny? jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 23 Jan - 14:36

Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:
carmen wrote:
@SkyNewsBreak

I posted to Carmen asking what "considering impact of charge" meant, it"s not there so I must have forgotten to click "send". BTW. didn"t you think
the post I made to you re anorak remarks was funny? jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 25346

I think all the tweet Carmen quoted meant was the police were now looking at Mr J (who remains on police bail) in the light of charging Tabak ie should the bail be lifted as he is no longer a suspect.

I am not sure what a typical Dutch bloke is either - maybe he only eats Edam.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 14:48

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:
carmen wrote:
@SkyNewsBreak

I think all the tweet Carmen quoted meant was the police were now looking at Mr J (who remains on police bail) in the light of charging Tabak ie should the bail be lifted as he is no longer a suspect.

I am not sure what a typical Dutch bloke is either - maybe he only eats Edam.

Or has a Windmill in his Garden.? I bet the guy who said it has never met a Dutch bloke before
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Jan - 18:05

I'm just wondering why he came back to this country if ...he had committed the murder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 19:44

Blueeyes wrote: I'm just wondering why he came back to this country if ...he had committed the murder.

Hi Blueeyes,

I posted that earlier but no one replied. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 25346

Although Tabak has been charged there is much that doesn"t make sense. Even Jo"s Parents have no recollection of Tabak being a Friend of Jo"s.
Also, the Press are saying he lived with his girlfriend in the house he was arrested from then there is his girlfriend saying she was glad to be going to Chile
because she didn"t like living next door to a Murdered girl. Everyone says what a nice person he is , if he had killed Jo would he wait two days before
going to spend Christmas with his Family....no, he would have been on the next available flight.!!!!!

Obviously we won"t know what the Police are basing this charge on but unless they have positive proof under wraps, I have a feeling they have jumped the gun again.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Sun 23 Jan - 20:20

As far as I'm aware, it's the CPS who decide whether there's enough evidence to make it worth going to court, rather than the police. This suggests that there must have been quite a lot of evidence gathered, as you need much less to arrest than you require for a case to stand up in court.

As for where the arrest took place - the suspect's home was the flat directly next to Jo's, with his bedroom and hers connected by a partition wall. However, he was arrested at a friend's place (who is currently abroad), which is about a mile from his own flat. Apparently, that was where he returned to after coming back to the UK after the Christmas holidays.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Jan - 20:46

jejune wrote:As far as I'm aware, it's the CPS who decide whether there's enough evidence to make it worth going to court, rather than the police. This suggests that there must have been quite a lot of evidence gathered, as you need much less to arrest than you require for a case to stand up in court.

As for where the arrest took place - the suspect's home was the flat directly next to Jo's, with his bedroom and hers connected by a partition wall. However, he was arrested at a friend's place (who is currently abroad), which is about a mile from his own flat. Apparently, that was where he returned to after coming back to the UK after the Christmas holidays.

I think it strange that he hung around so long while the investigation was taking place and still reserve judgement until the facts are known. If he has
pleaded Guilty already under questioning that"s different. As you say, the CPS must have thought there was a case to answer, especially with such a
high profile crime.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 23 Jan - 21:06

Sometimes people who murder think they are much cleverer than the police. It's like a cat and mouse game to them. He probably thought, like some do, that he would never be caught. (If he's guilty, of course!)
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sun 23 Jan - 21:09

Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Morning Chris,

on the Front Page.

The Report I read was from Anorak and their comments. This one is very funny.
"
One colleague at consultant engineers Buro Happold in Bath said: “He is everything you expect from a Dutch bloke.”

"Cloggs? Bag of weed? Good use of the ball?"
'

That made me smile... jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 23324 jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 23324
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 23 Jan - 22:00

Panda wrote:
Blueeyes wrote: I'm just wondering why he came back to this country if ...he had committed the murder.

Hi Blueeyes,

I posted that earlier but no one replied. jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 8 25346

Although Tabak has been charged there is much that doesn"t make sense. Even Jo"s Parents have no recollection of Tabak being a Friend of Jo"s.
Also, the Press are saying he lived with his girlfriend in the house he was arrested from then there is his girlfriend saying she was glad to be going to Chile
because she didn"t like living next door to a Murdered girl. Everyone says what a nice person he is , if he had killed Jo would he wait two days before
going to spend Christmas with his Family....no, he would have been on the next available flight.!!!!!

Obviously we won"t know what the Police are basing this charge on but unless they have positive proof under wraps, I have a feeling they have jumped the gun again.

Was his girlfriend in Chile too? The owner of the flat he was arrested in (a friend but not his girlfriend) was in Chile. As regards timing her body wasn't found until Christmas Day so it was still only a missing person enquiry when he left. If he is the guilty party disappearing straight away would undoubtedly have put him in the frame as soon as it was a murder enquiry particularly if his departure was unplanned and Holland is not a safe haven.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Jan - 23:28

His mother and brother say he was acting normally all over the Christmas holiday . Pretty difficult to act so , if you have something dreadful you have done on your mind I would think.

But then no one suspected The Yorkshire Ripper ,he was a nice quiet guy. liked by his inlaws?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 24 Jan - 7:41

I'm not sure it's so strange that Tabak hung around so long. Let's face it, it would've seemed very odd if he'd left. He lived in the same building where the police believe Jo was murdered and had a good job so he would really have drawn attention to himself if he'd disappeared off to Holland after Jo vanished.

This case though, as well as the one of the' Crossbow Cannibal', does emphasise the potential usefulness of CCTV cameras for helping resolve crimes or at least for providing very helpful information..

Being me, I'm now more or less convinced of Tabak's guilt, as the CPS obviously believe the police's case against him is strong enough to go to trial.

As for his friends and family feeling he can't be guilty, nobody is all good or bad. I always remember that Peter Sutcliffe's father thought he was the best of his sons!
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 24 Jan - 7:51

'
Hi Blueeyes.
He would've drawn attention to himself and raised a lot of tricky questions if he'd just gone off to Holland after Jo disappeared. His girlfriend, his employers, his work colleagues would've all found it highly suspicious if a man, who lived in the building where Jo was probably killed, suddenly left the country without any reason..As for him acting normally with family and friends, many people are able to distance themselves psychologically from things they have done wrong. Not just murderers, but adulterers who are capable of lying to their wives and familes, sometimes for years...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 24 Jan - 8:02

A quote from poor Jo's parents. My heart is sad for them...

‘Nothing will ever bring Jo back. We will always have this massive loss in our lives. I know time is supposed to heal some things but I cannot believe anything will ever change our feeling of loss

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349921/Relief-Joanna-Yeatess-parents-neighbour-Vincent-Tabak-charged-murder.html#ixzz1BwBfFm9Y
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 24 Jan - 8:11

fedrules wrote:
'
Hi Blueeyes.
He would've drawn attention to himself and raised a lot of tricky questions if he'd just gone off to Holland after Jo disappeared. His girlfriend, his employers, his work colleagues would've all found it highly suspicious if a man, who lived in the building where Jo was probably killed, suddenly left the country without any reason..As for him acting normally with family and friends, many people are able to distance themselves psychologically from things they have done wrong. Not just murderers, but adulterers who are capable of lying to their wives and familes, sometimes for years...

I watched a video story yesterday about someone referred to as "The Morningside Monster." His pregnant wife disappeared and he told everyone she had run off with another man. When her friends and family said she would never have left her little daughter, the man claimed that he had heard from her and that she was picking up her daughter "on Monday." Sure enough, Monday came and the little girl went. The man just carried on with this story, but eventually the evidence pointing to murder, he very calmly described how he had killed his wife with a spear gun while she slept and he had killed the child in the same way.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next