Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

+51
AnnaEsse
chrissie
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
fuzeta
Angelina
Annabel
buildersbum
margaret
halfamo
Indigo
docmac
tanszi
Dimsie
Angelique
jejune
fred
Karen
POPPY1
blossom45
lifeisforliving
T4two
SteveT
pennylane
Chris
Alpine Aster
mumbles
zodiac
Wallflower
bootsy
MaryB
Midas
Christine
Fudge
contrary
Roasted Arizona
xtina
frencheuropean
Colonel Fabien
dutchclogs
maebee
nospinnaker
jassi
keepingmum
Carolina
Claudia79
flower
hobnob
fedrules
55 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Empty Re: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  Chris Wed 8 Dec - 8:54

docmac wrote:Max Clifford is apparently 'unavailable' this morning. Not surprising, really - he should have been more careful when he placed his bet on this horse. Anyone in CT could have given him a better tip.

I am sure Max has received his fees and is capable of admitting he was duped along with most of the early media reporters in due course (if need be). After all he knows how to play the PR line for himself too.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 8 Dec - 9:14

Chris wrote:
docmac wrote:Max Clifford is apparently 'unavailable' this morning. Not surprising, really - he should have been more careful when he placed his bet on this horse. Anyone in CT could have given him a better tip.

I am sure Max has received his fees and is capable of admitting he was duped along with most of the early media reporters in due course (if need be). After all he knows how to play the PR line for himself too.

You're right of course. However, the fact that he is not available does show that he - just like Clarence and all the rest of these rent-a quote whores - are not that quick on their feet really. Intelligence and common sense are not prerequisites for this job.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Empty Shrien Dewani: Zola Tongo’s Statement In Full And How Anni’s Death Hurt South Africa.

Post  mumbles Wed 8 Dec - 10:13

http://www.anorak.co.uk/267523/media/shrien-dewani-zola-tongos-statement-in-full-and-how-annis-death-hurt-south-africa.html

Shrien Dewani: Zola Tongo’s Statement In Full And How Anni’s Death Hurt South Africa

SHRIEN Dewani has been arrested in connection with the kidnap and murder of Anni Dewani in Gugulethu township in Cape Town, South Africa. They were on a trip to see the “real Africa”. The whispering campaign can now end. This story has substance.

This is huge news story that one any given day should be front page of all the papers. But Julian Assange has been arrested on suspicion of rape. The Guardian is obsessed with WikiBitch, the story that US diplomats make bitchy observations about funny foreigners. It’s not the 9/11 of diplomacy, as one Italian ludicrously put it, it’s a raw script for an episode of 1970s TV show Mind Your Language.

And this is not an idle digression. The murder of Shrien Dewani in South Africa- on her honeymoon – hurt Johnny Foreigner in South Africa. A Swedish national, married to a British man was brutally murdered. Black faces were rounded up. The usual suspicions are given credence.

Max Clifford is Mr Dewani’s spokesman. Says he:

“(These) allegations are totally ludicrous, extremely convenient for SA and hurtful for a young man (who is) grieving. He wants justice for the murder of his wife, he wants the truth to come out. Very little truth has come out of SA about this whole matter.”

South Africa is being blamed.

Only, things maybe not as they seem.

The Telegraph, Express, and Star remain focused on the news that peoples will wants to read.

The Dewani family issue a statement. His family say:

“Shrien is totally innocent of any involvement in this heinous crime. These allegations are totally ludicrous and very hurtful to a young man who is grieving the loss of the woman he loved, his chosen life partner.”

But Mr Dewani has surrendered himself at a police station in Bristol.

Meanwhile at the Western Cape High Court, Cape Town, justice is moving at a great pace. Taxi driver Zola Tongo, 31, has been jailed for 18 years for his role in the plot. He is convicted of murder, kidnapping, robbery with aggravating circumstances and perverting the course of justice.

No worries how long Mr Tongo had to prepare a defence. Just know that he entered into a plea agreement. He said Shrien had participated in a fake hijacking on November 13, 2010.

Says he:

“The agreement was that after the hijacking of the vehicle, both Shrien Dewani and I would be ejected from the vehicle unharmed, after which the deceased would be kidnapped and robbed, before she was murdered.”

Accepting the plea agreement in the Western Cape high court yesterday, Tongo’s lawyer William da Grass said the 31-year-old had no criminal record. Even provincial director for public prosecutions Rodney de Kock said: “He showed sincere remorse by pleading guilty.” Tongo, who has five children, “was in the throes of financial difficulty when approached by Shrien”, said Da Grass.

Xolile Mnguni, 23, and Mziwamadoda Qwabe, 25, face charges of murder, aggravated robbery and kidnapping.

Mr Togo’s statement in full:

I am in formal employment but I also freelance as a shuttle operator at the Cape Town International Airport.

For this latter purpose I make use of my private motor vehicle bearing registration number CF 160944, a silver grey Volkswagen Sharan.

On 12 November 2010, I was waiting for fares at the Airport when approached by Shrien Dewani, who requested me to convey him and his wife, Anni Dewani (the deceased), to the Cape Grace Hotel (the hotel) in the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. After we arrived at the hotel, Shrien Dewani approached me alone and asked me if I knew anyone that could “have a client of his taken off the scene”. After some discussion with him I understood that he wanted someone, a woman, killed. He said he was willing to pay an amount of R15 000 (fifteen thousand rand). Shrien Dewani said he had US dollars and could pay in US dollars. He also asked if I knew of a place where he could exchange US dollars for rands without producing his passport and could get a better exchange rate than the Bureau de Change gave clients.

Later the same day, on 12 November 2010, I went to a friend of mine, Monde Mbolombo (Monde) to enquire whether he could assist me in sourcing anyone prepared to carry out the killing as requested by Shrien Dewani.

Monde put me in contact with Mziwamadoda Qwabe (Qwabe). This person is currently in custody awaiting trial in respect of his offences. I informed Monde that there would be R15 000 (fifteen thousand rand) for the job. Monde said that he wanted R5 000 (five thousand) for organising the hitman and that we should pay the hitman R10 000 (ten thousand rand).
On Saturday 13 November 2010 Shrien Dewani contacted me to meet him at the hotel. At approximately 12h00 I met Shrien Dewani. He asked me to take him to a place where he could exchange US dollars.
I took him to a place off Greenmarket Square in Cape Town. I entered the shop with him although I did not witness the transaction since we went into a room in the rear of the shop. After leaving the shop I took Shrien Dewani back to the hotel. On the way back to the hotel he told me how he wanted the offence to be committed.

Shrien Dewani and I agreed that the offence would be perpetrated by enlisting the assistance of other parties to conceal the true nature of the offence. He would make it appear as if we were the victims of a random hijacking of my motor vehicle, committed with a firearm. The “hijacking” would be simulated. The agreement was that after the “hijacking” of the vehicle, both Shrien Dewani and I would be ejected from the vehicle unharmed, after which the deceased would be kidnapped and robbed, before she was murdered. The kidnapping and robbery were part of the plan to make it appear that this was a random criminal act, unconnected to Shrien Dewani. For my assistance I would be paid R5 000 (five thousand rand).
During the course of the afternoon of Saturday 13 November 2010, I met with Qwabe and Xolile Mngeni (Mngeni) in Khayelitsha. Mngeni is also in custody awaiting trial in respect of this matter. During this meeting which took part in my motor vehicle, we planned how the simulated armed “hijacking” would take place.

We agreed that Shrien Dewani and I would be ejected from the vehicle and that the female occupant had to be killed. I informed Qwabe and Mngeni that they would receive R15 000 (fifteen thousand rand). Qwabe said that we had to leave the R15 000 in the cubby hole of the vehicle and that they would also take my cellular telephone during the “hijacking”.

I had arranged with Shrien Dewani that I would pick him up at the hotel at 19h30, in order to commence with the plan we had agreed upon.

On the evening of the 13 November 2010, due to other commitments that I had, I was late in collecting Shrien Dewani and the deceased. I arrived at the hotel sometime after 20h00 and by that time Shrien Dewani had already called me in an agitated state to find out where I was and the reason for the delay.

After collecting Shrien Dewani and the deceased I took them around some city sites before I proceeded in the direction of Gugulethu. The agreement with Mngeni and Qwabe was that they would meet us at the intersection of NY112 and NY108 in Gugulethu.

I drove to the agreed location but when I arrived there I notice that Qwabe and Mngeni were not present. I then proceeded to the N2 motorway in the direction of Somerset West.
I then drove to Surfside Restaurant in the Strand. Shrien Dewani and the deceased had supper in the restaurant. Prior to entering the restaurant Shrien Dewani asked me what has happening and said he wanted the job done that night.

While the Dewanis were having supper, Qwabe called me and confirmed that he and Mngeni had just missed me when I drove in to Gugulethu. I told him I was on my way to Somerset West. I had to cut the call since there was a police vehicle driving next to me.

Monde then contacted me and asked what was happening. Subsequently I spoke to Qwabe who confirmed that they would be waiting at the previously agreed location.
Shrien Dewani contacted me and wanted to know if I had arranged with the guys. I confirmed to Shrien Dewani that everything had been arranged.

Shrien Dewani and the deceased returned to my vehicle and we drove on the N2 motorway in the direction of Cape Town. While driving, either on the way to Somerset West or on our way back, I sent a text message to Shrien Dewani not to forget about the money. He answered by way of a text message that the money was in an envelope in a pouch in the front passenger seat.
I turned off the N2 in the direction of Nyanga and at the first set of robots I turned right toward Gugulethu.
I then drove to the spot we had agreed earlier at the intersection with NY112 and NY108.

It was at that stage that Mngeni and Qwabe approached the stationary vehicle. Mngeni positioned himself in the front of the vehicle and Qwabe was at my door pointing a firearm at me. I was instructed to open the doors, which I did by unlocking the vehicle’s central locking.
Qwabe got in at the driver’s side and Mngeni got in at the back. The Dewanis were made to lie down on the back seat and Qwabe drove off. Shrien Dewani and I continued to pretend that we were being “hijacked” by Mngeni and Qwabe.
Qwabe travelled for a short distance before he stopped near the police barracks in Gugulethu, where I was ordered to get out of the vehicle. They then drove off with Shrien Dewani and the deceased still in the vehicle.
I knew that Mngeni and Qwabe would not harm Shrien Dewani and that he would be dropped off at some further point. I also knew that the deceased would be kidnapped, robbed and murdered by Qwabe and Mngeni, after Shrien Dewani had been ejected from the vehicle in accordance with the plan. Although I was not present, I understand and admit that the deceased was subsequently murdered, by being shot, as we had all planned, in my motor vehicle with the registration CF160944, at or near Sinqolanthi Street, Ilitha Park, Khayelitsha.
Subsequent to the deceased’s death I met with Shrien Dewani at the hotel on 16 November 2010 where I received R1 000 as payment for my role in orchestrating the murder, robbery and kidnapping of the deceased

mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Wed 8 Dec - 10:21

jejune wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3265587/Murder-brides-hubby-arrested.html

He's handed himself in to police, which suggests he believes the game's up.

Edited title to make it accurate.

Wish this would happen in a certain other case close to all our hearts..................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 8 Dec - 11:10

mumbles wrote:
I drove to the agreed location but when I arrived there I notice that Qwabe and Mngeni were not present. I then proceeded to the N2 motorway in the direction of Somerset West.
I then drove to Surfside Restaurant in the Strand. Shrien Dewani and the deceased had supper in the restaurant. Prior to entering the restaurant Shrien Dewani asked me what has happening and said he wanted the job done that night.

Nice husband, eh? Killers weren't ready so he takes his bride out to dinner. "Hey honey, the guys I hired to kill you have been delayed. Let's go and 'kill' some time and grab a bite." What a bastard! Should have gone to Camps Bay. It's a lot more romantic - maybe he would have changed his mind.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 8 Dec - 11:14

Do they have the death penalty in SA I certainly hope they do, yes a real b.....d. If he didnt want to marry her he should not have gone through with it, he must have been planning this a very long time jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 8 Dec - 11:30

tanszi wrote:Do they have the death penalty in SA I certainly hope they do, yes a real b.....d. If he didnt want to marry her he should not have gone through with it, he must have been planning this a very long time jimo.

No
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 8 Dec - 12:30

Comment from Helen Zille, the Premier of the Western Cape - and the only politician I have much time for:

Dewani's publicist Max Clifford issued a statement after court proceedings on Tuesday saying his client was “wholly innocent”.

“Shrien is wholly innocent of any involvement in this heinous crime. These allegations are totally ludicrous, extremely convenient for South Africa and very hurtful to a young man who is grieving the loss of the woman he loved, his chosen life partner.”

Zille said Clifford's remarks were “outrageous”.

“If Max Clifford is telling the truth, his client will not hesitate to submit to cross examination in a South African court of law,” she said.

“I would prefer to believe a judge than Max Clifford. His comments about South Africa are outrageous.

“For him to try and tarnish our image enrages every South African.”
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Dec - 12:48

Thanks for posting the Anorak piece, Mumbles. So the the driver was promised 5000 rand but was only paid 1000? I wonder why (or have I missed something?). Also, do we know why Dewani wanted Anni killed? I have read that his business was in trouble and his wife's family were rich, but no ransom seems to have been discussed with the kidnappers. On the other hand, it usually takes a while for someone to hate their spouse enough to kill them for reasons other than money, and this was their honeymoon.
I totally despise this man for using a PR - although maybe he's seen the benefits such individuals have bought other people. That said, though, the story doesn't fully add up for me yet. Hopefully the mobile phones will be able to provide evidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Wed 8 Dec - 13:08

Popcorn wrote:Thanks for posting the Anorak piece, Mumbles. So the the driver was promised 5000 rand but was only paid 1000? I wonder why (or have I missed something?). Also, do we know why Dewani wanted Anni killed? I have read that his business was in trouble and his wife's family were rich, but no ransom seems to have been discussed with the kidnappers. On the other hand, it usually takes a while for someone to hate their spouse enough to kill them for reasons other than money, and this was their honeymoon.
I totally despise this man for using a PR - although maybe he's seen the benefits such individuals have bought other people. That said, though, the story doesn't fully add up for me yet. Hopefully the mobile phones will be able to provide evidence.

This is what I asked before. I can't see the motivation to risk everything on some dodgy plot where so much could have (and did) go wrong. If there were big sums of money involved (which there may have been thought it doesn't appear so right now) then maybe I could understand it.

As it stands right now. It's not adding up for me either.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 8 Dec - 13:18

I have also asked this before - if Shrien didn't want to marry Anni - why did he go ahead. Is he suffering from some malady perhaps.

Why, if the supposed "kidnapping" wasn't arranged - were these other people involved. If it wasn't true they would be superfluous. The taxi driver could have done the kidnapping himself.

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 8 Dec - 13:25

Angelique wrote:I have also asked this before - if Shrien didn't want to marry Anni - why did he go ahead. Is he suffering from some malady perhaps.

Why, if the supposed "kidnapping" wasn't arranged - were these other people involved. If it wasn't true they would be superfluous. The taxi driver could have done the kidnapping himself.

Angelique

You can't hijack your own car.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 8 Dec - 13:27

I think the taxi driver was supposed to appear innocent to everyone. A victim of a car hijacking.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 8 Dec - 13:29

docmac wrote:
Angelique wrote:I have also asked this before - if Shrien didn't want to marry Anni - why did he go ahead. Is he suffering from some malady perhaps.

Angelique

You can't hijack your own car.

docmac

Yes - I see now.

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 8 Dec - 13:34

Angelique

It doesn't add up, because if the intention had been to murder the wife, there is no point in staging an abduction for her benefit or of the participants. Perhaps the wife was supposed to be abducted for ransom and it all went horribly wrong?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 8 Dec - 13:40

T4two wrote:

Angelique

It doesn't add up, because if the intention had been to murder the wife, there is no point in staging an abduction for her benefit or of the participants. Perhaps the wife was supposed to be abducted for ransom and it all went horribly wrong?

It adds up to me. Newlywed on honeymoon murders his beautiful bride? No way! Victim of a hijacking in crime-ridden South Africa? Of course, what else could it be? And those coppers are so busy sorting out other crimes it'll take them MONTHS to get to this one...
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Dec - 13:41

T4two wrote:

Angelique

That's what I thought had happened, but the driver in the article above makes no mention of any ransom, and it was he who Dewani supposedly approached, and who organised it all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Dec - 13:44

docmac wrote:
T4two wrote:

Angelique

It adds up to me. Newlywed on honeymoon murders his beautiful bride? No way! Victim of a hijacking in crime-ridden South Africa? Of course, what else could it be? And those coppers are so busy sorting out other crimes it'll take them MONTHS to get to this one...

But if no ransom is involved, we're left with the question of why he would want to murder his beautiful bride only days after he married her?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 8 Dec - 13:46

Popcorn wrote:
docmac wrote:
T4two wrote:

Angelique

But if no ransom is involved, we're left with the question of why he would want to murder his beautiful bride only days after he married her?

She didn't come with the expected level of 'gifts,' from her family which would have helped Dewani's business out of financial difficulties?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Dec - 13:53

AnnaEsse wrote:
Popcorn wrote:
docmac wrote:
T4two wrote:

Angelique

She didn't come with the expected level of 'gifts,' from her family which would have helped Dewani's business out of financial difficulties?

I don't know much about their culture - are they Sikhs? Would it be usual to have an idea of the level of dowry on offer prior to marriage, and do we know whether Anni's was particularly small? Seems a bit extreme (and risky) to murder her. If her father loved her and saw her new husband's business in danger of going down the pan, wouldn't Dewani have had a better chance of getting his hands of some cash that way? With Anni murdered, the link is broken, and he needs to find a new rich woman to marry - and fast.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 8 Dec - 14:03

mumbles wrote:
On 12 November 2010, I was waiting for fares at the Airport when approached by Shrien Dewani, who requested me to convey him and his wife, Anni Dewani (the deceased), to the Cape Grace Hotel (the hotel) in the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. After we arrived at the hotel, Shrien Dewani approached me alone and asked me if I knew anyone that could “have a client of his taken off the scene”. After some discussion with him I understood that he wanted someone, a woman, killed. He said he was willing to pay an amount of R15 000 (fifteen thousand rand). Shrien Dewani said he had US dollars and could pay in US dollars. He also asked if I knew of a place where he could exchange US dollars for rands without producing his passport and could get a better exchange rate than the Bureau de Change gave clients.

Later the same day, on 12 November 2010, I went to a friend of mine, Monde Mbolombo (Monde) to enquire whether he could assist me in sourcing anyone prepared to carry out the killing as requested by Shrien Dewani.

Monde put me in contact with Mziwamadoda Qwabe (Qwabe). This person is currently in custody awaiting trial in respect of his offences. I informed Monde that there would be R15 000 (fifteen thousand rand) for the job. Monde said that he wanted R5 000 (five thousand) for organising the hitman and that we should pay the hitman R10 000 (ten thousand rand).

On Saturday 13 November 2010 Shrien Dewani contacted me to meet him at the hotel. At approximately 12h00 I met Shrien Dewani. He asked me to take him to a place where he could exchange US dollars.
I took him to a place off Greenmarket Square in Cape Town. I entered the shop with him although I did not witness the transaction since we went into a room in the rear of the shop.
After leaving the shop I took Shrien Dewani back to the hotel. On the way back to the hotel he told me how he wanted the offence to be committed.

He answered by way of a text message that the money was in an envelope in a pouch in the front passenger seat.

Some thoughts....

Firstly, was Shrien just lucky enough to find a stranger who could provide a murder to be done on a whim?

Secondly, he says he took Shrien to get some money exchanged this should be easy to verify from CCTV footage, is this what Anni Dewanis father went to view? He went on a secretive trip didn't he, a 'delicate matter' they couldn't speak of? Maybe he went to identify the husband from CCTV.

Lastly, docmac posted a photo of the car seat the other day with a photograph of Anni in it which would suggest this was indeed a set up, whose car was that in? Because this man doesn't mention anything about a photo being supplied.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 8 Dec - 14:05

Popcorn wrote:

Either he took out a large insurance policy on her or if not it may be explained by the PR guru he's hired, Max Clifford. Was Dewani hoping Clifford would get him a sizeable amount of money for his 'story'?

Let's face it selling stories is what Clifford does rather well.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 8 Dec - 14:06

Popcorn wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Popcorn wrote:
docmac wrote:
T4two wrote:

I don't know much about their culture - are they Sikhs? Would it be usual to have an idea of the level of dowry on offer prior to marriage, and do we know whether Anni's was particularly small? Seems a bit extreme (and risky) to murder her. If her father loved her and saw her new husband's business in danger of going down the pan, wouldn't Dewani have had a better chance of getting his hands of some cash that way? With Anni murdered, the link is broken, and he needs to find a new rich woman to marry - and fast.

Yes, they are Sikh. Sometimes things go a little wrong in the dowry negotiations, I am told. A friend told me about a wedding he attended in India a few years ago. The woman, who had an MSc, was matched up with a factory worker who was a Belgian citizen, to enable her to get into Europe. The day before the wedding, the groom's family demanded a few more items: a luxury car and an expensive motor bike amongst them. Everything was on hold until the items could be guaranteed!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 8 Dec - 14:10

margaret wrote:
Popcorn wrote:

Either he took out a large insurance policy on her or if not it may be explained by the PR guru he's hired, Max Clifford. Was Dewani hoping Clifford would get him a sizeable amount of money for his 'story'?

Let's face it selling stories is what Clifford does rather well.

He did a good one a number of years ago, for which I admired him. A celeb (let's just call her that!) had a relationship with a man who basically didn't have the proverbial pot to piss in. When they split up, the man's story about their relationship appeared in a tabloid, for which Max Clifford had brokered a substantial fee. The story was actually written by the celeb, who wanted her ex-partner to make some money and MC was the go-between!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 8 Dec - 14:12

AnnaEsse wrote:

I think Annis dad already said there was no dowry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333717/Anni-Dewani-tears-honeymoon-flight-shot-dead-says-father.html

He said the marriage between Anni and Mr Dewani was not arranged and her family had not paid a dowry to the Dewani family during the lavish wedding held in Mumbai in September, which is understood to have cost in the region of £200,000.

Mr Hindocha said: ‘We are part of the Lohana caste and dowries do not exist in our culture. If I want to give him something it is up to me.’

margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next